Den Pressure - A Definable Hypothesis & Experiments (Scepti, iWitness)

• 3822 Replies

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
Re: Den Pressure - A Definable Hypothesis & Experiments (Scepti, iWitness)
« Reply #450 on: August 09, 2016, 02:27:18 PM »
No explanation why weight is the same whichever way the brick is on the scales with different surface areas exposed.  Simple stuff.
No, there's an explanation, you've been given it twice now. Why is it every single thread I see you in, you're offering a question and then ignoring the response or any follow-up? It's beyond a one-off at this stage.
please give a link, is the explanation accepted by all?

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=67582.msg1805919#msg1805919

Just think in terms of buoyancy and displaced air.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

« Reply #451 on: August 09, 2016, 02:43:08 PM »
No explanation why weight is the same whichever way the brick is on the scales with different surface areas exposed.  Simple stuff.
No, there's an explanation, you've been given it twice now. Why is it every single thread I see you in, you're offering a question and then ignoring the response or any follow-up? It's beyond a one-off at this stage.
please give a link, is the explanation accepted by all?

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=67582.msg1805919#msg1805919

Just think in terms of buoyancy and displaced air.
buoyancy = density
displaced air = volume

Where next to explain how to calculate accrleration of falling materials and their weight related to current air pressure?

« Reply #452 on: August 09, 2016, 02:47:13 PM »
I'm not saying they're all wrong. I'm simply saying that the one's that are theoretical and peer reviewed and done so with dogma.
Anyway it's up to you.

Do you know what dogma means?

dog·ma
ˈdôɡmə/
noun
a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true.

You yourself have claimed that denpressure is infallible. This claim is a dogmatic one.

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #453 on: August 09, 2016, 02:48:12 PM »
buoyancy = density
displaced air = volume

Where next to explain how to calculate accrleration of falling materials and their weight related to current air pressure?
The buoyancy force is calculated, basically, by density*Volume*g (more or less, acknowledging the effect of porousness. Certainly of that essential form). That's just mass*g. Main shift is that density is the density of the object minus that of the air.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

« Reply #454 on: August 09, 2016, 02:50:43 PM »
buoyancy = density
displaced air = volume

The buoyancy force is calculated, basically, by density*Volume*g (more or less, acknowledging the effect of porousness. Certainly of that essential form). That's just mass*g. Main shift is that density is the density of the object minus that of the air.
g being?  Do the units work out right in the formula above?

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #455 on: August 09, 2016, 02:51:43 PM »
g being?
Are you kidding? You're trying to argue about what makes things fall and you don't know what g means?

As for units working out right, seriously, if you can't verify simple calculations why do you try to refute anything? mg is a very familiar term to me.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 03:39:22 PM by Jane »

« Reply #456 on: August 09, 2016, 02:53:13 PM »
g being?
Are you kidding? You're trying to argue about what makes things fall and you don't know what g means?
Yes, of course, acelleration due to gravity...

« Reply #457 on: August 09, 2016, 02:55:13 PM »
If this topic interests you and you say you have an understanding, then get your thinking cap on and do some experiments that you think may have some bearing. Then we'll talk about them.

When will we talk about them? I have asked you multiple times why the experiments conducted herein would be inconclusive. You have not explained why you think this. The ball is in your court. We have all been waiting.
Learn to take notice.
I have taken notice of nothing but your aversion tactics. I have asked you countless times to explain why the experiments discussed herein could be inconclusive. You have dodged the question at every turn, arrogantly touting that "I wouldn't understand," as if you were some sort of genius. Please dismount your high horse.

?

Woody

« Reply #458 on: August 09, 2016, 03:00:06 PM »
@scepti

You continually claim people are just blindly accepting what we are told.  When people ask for evidence you avoid answering.  This is what people do when they do not blindly accept something someone tells them.

You seem very confident you are right, almost to the point it seems you are claiming to be infallible and can not be wrong about anything.  If this is the case you would have no problem answering what would prove denpressure wrong.  It is not saying it is wrong, just what would need to be true if it is.  Your answers to that question previously was something that would not either prove or disprove denpressure.  Your second answer was that there would be nothing if it were true would prove denpressure wrong.

This is not the behavior of someone with an open mind and truly seeking answers about the world around us.  It is not the behavior of someone who is truly secure about their belief.  It is the behavior of someone who is fearful and trying to insulate themselves to protect their world view.

If this is not the case can you please answer what would prove your hypothesis wrong?  It is a question many scientist have had to answer.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #459 on: August 09, 2016, 03:06:08 PM »
Yes, of course, acelleration due to gravity...
In the typical model, sure. Generally it's just a specific constant that measures the downwards force.

« Reply #460 on: August 09, 2016, 03:10:05 PM »
Why would the downward force be constant in different levels of air pressure?

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #461 on: August 09, 2016, 03:13:26 PM »

It wouldn't be, just like it isn't constant under RET either. mg is an approximation under both models.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #462 on: August 09, 2016, 03:33:17 PM »
If this topic interests you and you say you have an understanding, then get your thinking cap on and do some experiments that you think may have some bearing. Then we'll talk about them.

When will we talk about them? I have asked you multiple times why the experiments conducted herein would be inconclusive. You have not explained why you think this. The ball is in your court. We have all been waiting.
Learn to take notice.
I have taken notice of nothing but your aversion tactics. I have asked you countless times to explain why the experiments discussed herein could be inconclusive. You have dodged the question at every turn, arrogantly touting that "I wouldn't understand," as if you were some sort of genius. Please dismount your high horse.
I already explained.

« Reply #463 on: August 09, 2016, 03:36:38 PM »
Please link to your explanation, I cannot find you saying anything about these experiments other than "you wouldn't understand"

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #464 on: August 09, 2016, 03:46:34 PM »
@scepti

You continually claim people are just blindly accepting what we are told.  When people ask for evidence you avoid answering.  This is what people do when they do not blindly accept something someone tells them.
The evidence is all around you and you have every opportunity to put it to the test but fail to do so.
I can't help it if you won't test stuff out. Pretending to is not testing, is it?

You seem very confident you are right, almost to the point it seems you are claiming to be infallible and can not be wrong about anything.
Yeah I suppose I am claiming to be infallible but not because I am. I'm doing it out of arrogance because you people display the exact same about your model and seem to stake a claim that it's correct because it's backed up by mainstream scientists.
I'm fighting alone or almost alone and I'm trying to instill a thought process into the minds of those that have a mind to go to alternative routes.
A few are doing just that.

If this is the case you would have no problem answering what would prove denpressure wrong.  It is not saying it is wrong, just what would need to be true if it is.
I did answer and I said that a spinning globe would kill it stone dead. Prove a spinning globe and denpressure is no more.
Prove gravity and denpressure is no more.

Your answers to that question previously was something that would not either prove or disprove denpressure.  Your second answer was that there would be nothing if it were true would prove denpressure wrong.
Well now you have my answers to stew on. Let's see what you got.

This is not the behavior of someone with an open mind and truly seeking answers about the world around us.  It is not the behavior of someone who is truly secure about their belief.  It is the behavior of someone who is fearful and trying to insulate themselves to protect their world view.
Considering I started off as a heliocentric and then a geocentric globe, to finally get to where I am, I'd say I have an open mind and a strong mind as well.
If this is not the case can you please answer what would prove your hypothesis wrong?  It is a question many scientist have had to answer.
Prove gravity.

« Reply #465 on: August 09, 2016, 04:04:36 PM »

It wouldn't be, just like it isn't constant under RET either. mg is an approximation under both models.

Under the RET g is constant at sea level at the equator. We can see g forces follow an inverse square function as we gain altitude. We see fluctuations in g forces as we move away from the equator as well. Gravitational theory has well reasoned explanations for this. How does the denpressure model account for this?

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #466 on: August 09, 2016, 04:08:06 PM »

Under the RET g is constant at sea level at the equator. We can see g forces follow an inverse square function as we gain altitude. We see fluctuations in g forces as we move away from the equator as well. Gravitational theory has well reasoned explanations for this. How does the denpressure model account for this?
Presumably, in a similar way. The height of the stack would determine the density of air: more dense, the more force exerted. Due to the dome, the further out you go the weaker the force will be, and the higher you go the weaker the force will be.
Sure, there are issues with approaching the southern pole/ring, and it's possible Scepti doesn't acknowledge the variation with respect to latitude, but even so the variation with respect to altitude has an explanation, so I'll still mark it above a lot of FE models.

?

Woody

« Reply #467 on: August 09, 2016, 04:27:16 PM »

A spinning globe does not disprove denpressure.  If it does could you explain how?  Denpressure should work on a round spinning earth as well as a flat stationary one.

Evidence for gravity:

Things have been placed in orbits and sent through our system using the gravity model.

Things fall at the same rate in a vacuum.

Tides can be reliable predicted years in advance using the gravity model.

Gravitational waves were detected.

It has been measured over and over again for generations.

We can measure the gravitational pull between two objects.

The pull varies over different locations on Earth. This is the result of the Earth not being a perfect sphere with its mass perfectly distributed.

How about that things fall towards the center of mass.

So people do not have the answer to why mass attracts other mass, but they sure do understand enough that very reliable predictions can be made.  That is why Pluto was thought to exist before anybody ever observed it.  Astronomers noticed that the orbits of Neptune and Uranus were being affected by the gravity of an unknown object in the Solar System. They predicted when and where it should be and someone looked there at the right time. This was accomplished using the gravity model.

Directly above is what can be done if you are on the right track about something and got at least the very basics down.

Just curious what is your explanation for things accelerating at the same rate when dropped?  I assume you have seen videos of stuff being dropped in a vacuum.  Well under your model I guess stuff being dropped at the lowest pressure that can be achieved.

Why does drag decrease as a plane gains altitude?  Under your model the surface area of the air should be the same at any altitude and creating the same resistance to moving through it.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #468 on: August 09, 2016, 05:00:52 PM »

A spinning globe does not disprove denpressure.  If it does could you explain how?
Denpressure should work on a round spinning earth as well as a flat stationary one.
No, because for denpressure to work atmosphere has to be stacked. It cannot be stacked on your spinning globe model because your globe has the atmosphere all around with no feasible foundation nor ceiling for the stacking.

Evidence for gravity:

Things have been placed in orbits and sent through our system using the gravity model.
So you've personally verified this or have you just accepted it's true?

Things fall at the same rate in a vacuum.
Are you going to cite the hammer and feather on the moon shenanigan? Please don't.
Are you going to use the rock musician turned professor, Brian Cox's video of a huge evacuation chamber for the bowling ball and feather drop shenanigan? Please don't.
So what do we have left?
Basically similar things will drop at similar rates to our eye and perception. It's been proved in many experiments that this is untrue but weirdly they're discounted, as in brainiac.

Tides can be reliable predicted years in advance using the gravity model.
They can be reliably predicted in what way? As exact heights at exact times or just merely high and low tides?

Gravitational waves were detected.
Explain how and what with and how you physically know.

It has been measured over and over again for generations.
Measured with what exactly?

We can measure the gravitational pull between two objects.
Again, tell me how you do this and what instruments accurately prove this gravity pull between masses?

The pull varies over different locations on Earth. This is the result of the Earth not being a perfect sphere with its mass perfectly distributed.
You seriously do not know any of this, do you? You're simply going on stories and explanations as to how it worked, right? If not, tell me physically how you know all of this?

How about that things fall towards the center of mass.
Tell me about this falling towards the centre of mass. What does this mean in terms of you standing in the middle of a field with a couple of bricks or whatever? Enlighten me as to how you see this centre of mass falling routine?

So people do not have the answer to why mass attracts other mass, but they sure do understand enough that very reliable predictions can be made.
Nobody knows why mass attracts mass but they know they can predict stuff from something they don't know. It sounds absolutely mental. Can you explain a little for me?

That is why Pluto was thought to exist before anybody ever observed it.
Another story, right?

Astronomers noticed that the orbits of Neptune and Uranus were being affected by the gravity of an unknown object in the Solar System. They predicted when and where it should be and someone looked there at the right time. This was accomplished using the gravity model.
Another story, right?

Be truthful. Your reliance on all of this is based on acceptance of story telling of people that have been put on a pedestal for you, right? If not then tell me how you physically know all of what you're saying?

Directly above is what can be done if you are on the right track about something and got at least the very basics down.
I can read stories and follow enough of it to parrot. It doesn't make the stories true.

Just curious what is your explanation for things accelerating at the same rate when dropped?
The only things that accelerate at the same rate when dropped are identical objects. All other objects differ but many cannot be readily noticeable at small heights.
You need decent heights and good quality video with good quality slow motion on the cameras.

In low pressure chambers you also need even better slow motion cameras to accurately see a perfect unison drop of two objects all the way to the bottom.

I assume you have seen videos of stuff being dropped in a vacuum.
Nope.

Well under your model I guess stuff being dropped at the lowest pressure that can be achieved.
Yep, this is true.
Why does drag decrease as a plane gains altitude?  Under your model the surface area of the air should be the same at any altitude and creating the same resistance to moving through it.
You're obviously not taking full notice of my model.

« Reply #469 on: August 09, 2016, 05:10:32 PM »

Presumably, in a similar way. The height of the stack would determine the density of air: more dense, the more force exerted. Due to the dome, the further out you go the weaker the force will be, and the higher you go the weaker the force will be.
Sure, there are issues with approaching the southern pole/ring, and it's possible Scepti doesn't acknowledge the variation with respect to latitude, but even so the variation with respect to altitude has an explanation, so I'll still mark it above a lot of FE models.

False. Under the denpressure model, the highest gravitational energy should be directly under the highest point in the dome (the north pole) and should decrease gradually as you ml over away from the pole. This has not been observed in nature.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #470 on: August 09, 2016, 05:13:19 PM »
False. Under the denpressure model, the highest gravitational energy should be directly under the highest point in the dome (the north pole) and should decrease gradually as you ml over away from the pole. This has not been observed in nature.
Has been observed in the northern hemisphere. Most of FET gets screwy once you cross the equator though.

« Reply #471 on: August 09, 2016, 05:42:38 PM »
Has been observed in the northern hemisphere. Most of FET gets screwy once you cross the equator though.

Oh ok. Well as long as it works for the northern hemisphere, it works for me. No further questions right?

?

Woody

« Reply #472 on: August 09, 2016, 05:50:22 PM »

So basically any evidence you may not be entirely right gets dismissed automatically. With no need to look further into it or trying to conduct your own experiments to verify it. Just if it says you may be wrong it is lies.

Here is a feather and bowling ball being dropped in a 12 story vacuum chamber.

At normal pressure

very low pressure

If 12 stories is not a descent height what is?

What changes if these two things were dropped from higher?  Would one eventually begin to accelerate faster?

Is this video faked?  If so could you point out the evidence?

I have seen things dropped in a vacuum several times.  Even in a vacuum chamber my grandfather and I made in his shop.(He did most of the work since I was around 10 at the time)  It was only about 5x3 feet, but the lead weight and the piece of paper we crumbled into a ball accelerated at the same rate.

I dated a volcanologist in Hawaii and been there to see gravity measured more than once.  My understanding is the build up and decreased distance of mass below the surface would cause slight changes in measurements.

I tend to think a lot of FE's fail to recognize that throughout the various fields of Earth science they share and use the same models that come together rather nicely.  If they did not there would be errors noticed everywhere. 

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #473 on: August 09, 2016, 05:52:39 PM »
Oh ok. Well as long as it works for the northern hemisphere, it works for me. No further questions right?
You're not going to get me saying that FET works, it doesn't, but denpressure does answer some questions. I just think it's silly to pretend FET doesn't have answers to the issues it can address, given how many issues there are overall.

There's also the possibility of the Sun having an impact, as it certainly would affect the energy in air molecules, so along its path and near its path molecules have more energy, increasing the buoyancy of objects as air molecules would more excitedly vibrate and crowd around them, providing extra resistance to the downwards force: meanwhile further from the Sun there's less resistance and the downwards force is greater. And the shape of the dome is irrelevant because there's very little change above where we are. I do remember reading something about the Sun's path having an effect by giving energy to the molecules it passes.
There's one possible answer (though I'm not certain it's accepted, I do recall something about the Sun's position that isn't in line with what you might think, though I don't remember the details so I don't want to say too much).

« Reply #474 on: August 09, 2016, 07:01:07 PM »
I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I don't think this question has been asked.

What keeps then sun and moon aloft in the denpressure model? In UA they have aerthic whirlpools keeping them aloft. Denpressure seems to suggest the sun and moon are less dense than air.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #475 on: August 09, 2016, 07:48:01 PM »
I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I don't think this question has been asked.

What keeps then sun and moon aloft in the denpressure model? In UA they have aerthic whirlpools keeping them aloft. Denpressure seems to suggest the sun and moon are less dense than air.

From memory,  they are reflections off the inside of the dome.  The actual light sources are elsewhere.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

« Reply #476 on: August 09, 2016, 08:31:57 PM »

From memory,  they are reflections off the inside of the dome.  The actual light sources are elsewhere.

So they originate from the earth's surface?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 08:46:54 PM by TheRealBillNye »

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #477 on: August 09, 2016, 10:21:13 PM »

So basically any evidence you may not be entirely right gets dismissed automatically. With no need to look further into it or trying to conduct your own experiments to verify it. Just if it says you may be wrong it is lies.

At normal pressure

very low pressure

What changes if these two things were dropped from higher?  Would one eventually begin to accelerate faster?

I have seen things dropped in a vacuum several times.  Even in a vacuum chamber my grandfather and I made in his shop.(He did most of the work since I was around 10 at the time)  It was only about 5x3 feet, but the lead weight and the piece of paper we crumbled into a ball accelerated at the same rate.

I dated a volcanologist in Hawaii and been there to see gravity measured more than once.  My understanding is the build up and decreased distance of mass below the surface would cause slight changes in measurements.

I tend to think a lot of FE's fail to recognize that throughout the various fields of Earth science they share and use the same models that come together rather nicely.  If they did not there would be errors noticed everywhere.

I know the theory behind this but seeing videos like this, wow!  It just puts a smile on my face.  Science makes us a bunch of god damn wizards.

These people that go through life assuming it's all a lie... what a terrible way to live.   It's like assuming that every woman you meet is guaranteed to cheat on you.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #478 on: August 09, 2016, 11:59:41 PM »

Don't fight me on it, just try and understand it for what it is and not for how it goes against the mainstream grain.

I don't think you understand the purpose of experimentation or this thread.  You assert a hypothesis, which is great.  It's good when people think outside of the box.  It help society make new ideas.  But we have to make sure this hypothesis actually describes reality.  This is where experimentation comes in.

Nobody is having trouble understanding your hypothesis.  What we're struggling with is coming up with a way to show that it describes reality.  That's what we need your input on.
And that's what I'm trying to help you on but I'm not going to just jump in head forst and tell you that one experiment will make it or break it.
I've been through that before with people and they were less than honest.

It becomes an attack fest.

It's entirely up to you. I'm not changing my stance because I genuinely believe I'm on the right track.
The more I'm told I'm wrong the more I'll arrogantly defend it.
What I'd really like is for people to go deep into it like Jane is attempting to do.

The ball is in your court and anyone else who feels they want to grasp it. It's simple for an open mind but difficult when a mind has been saturated with all the indoctrinated mainstream methods and ways.

I'm not saying they're all wrong. I'm simply saying that the one's that are theoretical and peer reviewed and done so with dogma.
Anyway it's up to you.

Ahhh.  I see the problem now.  I've heard this kind of rhetoric before and it's not from scientists or students, people that are genuinely interested in learning.  I've seen this rhetoric from fundamentalist religions. 

Is it possible what you believe is a scientific hypothesis is in fact your personal religion?
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #479 on: August 10, 2016, 12:39:09 AM »

At normal pressure

very low pressure

I did say leave this out. It's a complete and utter fabrication.

Let's not start boasting about dating logical star trek employees.  :P

If measurements were done by simply using denpressure in the right way, then nothing changes. Everything is measured using my theory, is just disguised as gravity in order to keep alive a spinning globe in space and all the rest of the absolute gunk.

If you look deeper you can see that warped space time is merely just a reality of warping the space around us in atmosphere with any dense object. It pushes atmosphere out of the way.
Basically an iron ball held up will create a warped atmosphere by its push.

They've just turned it into space fantasies to keep alive all the junk you've been forced to swallow. And me, but I managed to free myself from it.