Preparing a tortilla in the ISS: how is this video possible???

• 16 Replies
I know that videos from the ISS are often faked/staged, either with wires, or filmed in a zero-G plane.

BUT this video shows an uncut footage of about 3 minutes, the italian astronaut Samantha Christoforetti preparing a tortilla in space:

- wires not possible because the tortilla itself is floating
- zero-G plane not possible, because as far as I know in zero-G-planes the maximum filming length would be 30 second or so?
- editing improbable, because the floating of the tortilla is very complex, long, and looks genuine

??? Does anyone have an idea how this video could have been faked?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 02:35:10 AM by whataboutnow »

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
Re: Preparing a tortilla in the ISS: how is this video possible???
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 02:38:49 AM »
I know that videos from the ISS are often faked/staged, either with wires, or filmed in a zero-G plane.

BUT this video shows an uncut footage of about 3 minutes, the italian astronaut Samantha Christoforetti preparing a tortilla in space:

- wires not possible because the tortilla itself is floating
- zero-G plane not possible, because as far as I know in zero G the maximum filming length would be 30 second or so?
- editing improbable, because the floating of the tortilla is very complex, long, and looks genuine

??? Does anyone have an idea how this video could have been faked?

Got another for ya. 

25 minutes of continuous footage all around the space station.  No wires, no green screens, no neutral buoyancy tanks, and no frequent cuts.  Maybe it's the real deal after all! ;)
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 03:58:51 AM »
Maybe it's the real deal after all! ;)

Hmmm I admit this stuff makes my mind blow...  ;)

But if this is real - why are there so many videos with CLEAR evidence that they are faked?
For example
- 30:21 strange move of her toy
- 8:50 same video, the harness thing...
- on 3:51 the studio background on "the ISS"
- ... well I could post many videos with strange evidence that lead to think that ISS is a fake...

If the ISS is real, why would Nasa fake even one video?

?

frenat

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 08:02:12 AM »
They're all underwater.  The real conspiracy is that NASA has genetically engineered their astronauts (aquanauts?) so that they have gills.   ;D ;)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 08:04:27 AM by frenat »

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 11:59:14 AM »
What is awkward in this video is that it actually proves that orbiting is possible, consequently proving that the Earth is a ball, but that tortilla she makes is in fact in shape of a Flat earth  ;D ;D ;D and the ingredients she puts on can represent the bumpy earth's terrain, like mountains and valleys...

Ohh, I wish I could go into space...

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 12:56:16 PM »
The video is clearly fake.  They said she is Italian yet she clearly has a New Zealand accent.  Also why would an Italian be making a tortilla? 

Boom!  Debunked!
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 01:10:14 PM »

But if this is real - why are there so many videos with CLEAR evidence that they are faked?
For example
- ... well I could post many videos with strange evidence that lead to think that ISS is a fake...

The first video the guy had no idea what he was talking about. That toy flew out of her control because she bumped it.

Second video, there is no gravity, so his shirt is just floating in a weird shape. You can clearly see his belly, and there is no harness.

I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 01:33:24 PM »

For example

Well, if you were more critical about what you consider CLEAR evidence, then you might conclude that NASA doesn't fake anything and then your question goes away.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 02:18:23 PM »
What is with the hair on these chicks on ISS?
I'd eat her taco.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 05:26:00 PM »
What is with the hair on these chicks on ISS?
I'd eat her taco.

Oh, Hoppy, you little creepy sheepy, you!  How hard is it to add something to the conversation instead of asking stupid questions? 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 01:30:46 AM »
If the ISS is not real, how can we observe it through telescopes. Don't believe me? Buy your own telescope (better yet, make one) and observe it for yourself. Use your empirical judgement. Exercise your own will. Open your eyes and think for yourself.

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2016, 11:48:13 AM »
Disappointing that this post doesn't have many replies...

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2016, 03:51:44 PM »
I bet tortillas are now added to the conspircay list.

OPEN YOUR EYES SHEEPLE TORTILLAS ARE FAKE, don't trust tortillas, they are nasa's bs!!!!!!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2016, 06:51:39 AM »
Also why would an Italian be making a tortilla? 
Because, as she pointed out in the video, tortillas do not produce crumbs like bread does. Crumbs in microgravity = bad.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2016, 10:48:05 PM »
Because, as she pointed out in the video, tortillas do not produce crumbs like bread does. Crumbs in microgravity = bad.
I have never actually thought about this before and that's really weird and cool but it makes sense actually and you just blew my mind.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2016, 04:45:15 PM »

... (seeths)

You win this round markjo.  But I'll be back trying to mix mild racism with bizarre paranoia.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2016, 01:28:33 PM »
I am not convinced either way yet, but I would like to point some things out about the video. At 1:35 she lets go of the tortilla and it floats away from her. It goes up, then circles around and comes back toward her. How could it turn around. It should keep going in a strait line.............. ............ at 3:21, she puts the spoon down, but instead of staying put as it had many times before, the spoon leaves the surface and somehow has picked up angular momentum. The surface where the scissors and spoons were on is magnetized, I assume, to hold the metal instruments, but the spoon takes off, the last time it is put down. If you watch her, she puts the spoon down exactly the same way each time. She places the spoon down just like all the other times but the last time it jumps up and has a spin. Where did the force come from to propel the spoon off the table and where did the angular momentum come from. no, it did not 'bounce' off the table......... ........Next, is a small detail. Everything is 'hanging' like there is gravity. If you look at the bags hanging on the walls, they all hand 'down' when they should be angled in all directions. Lastly, her hair.  All female astronauts have hair-sprayed hair. The look of their hair is not from weightlessness because you can see weightless hair in simulated weightlessness, in a parabolic free-fall. The two look nothing like each other............BTW I don't think that continual video or not seeing wires is any sort of evidence. I have seen too many movies where it looks like the real thing, plus even I can manipulate videos and photos up to a point with the limited skills I have, imagine what you can do with unlimited resources.