Poll

This is a test has only one question. What do you believe about the shape of the earth?

I accept the earth is flat based on daily observations and my believe.
7 (20%)
I'm thinking that the earth is round because NASA and some institutes fed by NASA says that.
3 (8.6%)
I'm believing to twin earth model.
2 (5.7%)
Other. I don't interest the question.
3 (8.6%)
I'm a scientist and believing to the earth is round. Because, i measured and calculated.
10 (28.6%)
Round, based on everyday my observations.
10 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: August 30, 2016, 12:29:43 PM

What do you believe to; is the earth flat or round or something else?

• 32 Replies

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
This is a test has only one question. :)
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

?

frenat

Where is the option for I believe in a round Earth because it was proven thousands of years before NASA existed and I've done my own tests and they show it as well?
What is the obsession with NASA anyway?
Your poll options are badly biased.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
What are those alternative models? I'm not entirely sure what some of them are meant to mean.
I don't think anyone's proposed a hemisphere model, though I could be wrong. Reverse-curve might mean concave, but in which case why not just call it concave? Similarly, twin Earth is either a philosophical thought experiment, or dual Earth, reverse curve/twin earth aren't models that have ever been referred to, as far as I can see.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

MrDebunk

• Chaotic good
Option 8 which i picked:

The earth is round, which can be proved by simple observations

ohh wait...

you think im being paid for this

no youre wrong

i dont even get 50 cents for a post

i just voluntarily write to try and debunk this bs flat earthers are spewing

bye!
M R D E B U N K (the reboot)

Quote from: totallackofintelligence
You sound like shill.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
What are those alternative models? I'm not entirely sure what some of them are meant to mean.
I don't think anyone's proposed a hemisphere model, though I could be wrong. Reverse-curve might mean concave, but in which case why not just call it concave? Similarly, twin Earth is either a philosophical thought experiment, or dual Earth, reverse curve/twin earth aren't models that have ever been referred to, as far as I can see.

You are wrong about twin earth model. There are somebody believing to this model. Before i opened this pole i was know these group. It is interesting you don't heard somebody believe it before here.

The reverse curve theory is least known model. It provides some measures.  On the other hand, you can see the whole world from one point. This option is intended to draw attention to this issue, this is  a logical theory as others , though it is not taken into account.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
Option 8 which i picked:

ohh wait...

no youre wrong

bye!

Where is the option for I believe in a round Earth because it was proven thousands of years before NASA existed and I've done my own tests and they show it as well?
What is the obsession with NASA anyway?
Your poll options are badly biased.

Added a number 8 option for you two.  It may be a little different caused by some objective reasons . :)

So that's all i can.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
Re: What do you believe to; is the earth flat or round or something else?
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 01:55:10 AM »
I have a more fair poll:

Do you believe in a flat earth?

1) No, I am an amazing, good, honest and ingenious individual.
2) Yes, I am a child rapist and a member of ISIS and by chosing this option I condone the taking of my credit card by the creator of this poll and emptying of my bank account.

Totally fair, right?
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2016, 02:01:53 AM »
I have a more fair poll:

2) Yes, I am a child rapist and a member of ISIS and by chosing this option I condone the taking of my credit card by the creator of this poll and emptying of my bank account.

Totally fair, right?

No, it is not fair.

This is isis money supporting the round theory:

source: http://yournewswire.com/isis-paper-money-satanic-creation-of-banks-gold-is-the-future/
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2016, 03:23:03 AM »
I have a more fair poll:

Totally fair, right?

No, it is not fair.

source: http://yournewswire.com/isis-paper-money-satanic-creation-of-banks-gold-is-the-future/

Those are going to be some awesome souvenirs in a few years.

AdamSK

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2016, 10:46:30 AM »
Can someone please re-write the poll in English?

Alexandra1973

• Christian geocentrist. Round or flat--not sure!
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2016, 08:49:50 AM »
I believe the earth is stationary, but whether it's a sphere or flat...that's what I'm not settled on.  Is the sun going around a ball, or going like a grape hovering above a plate?  ;D

I also believe that NASA should actually stand for Never A Straight Answer, so I have an open mind here.

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2016, 03:46:24 PM »
I believe the earth is stationary, but whether it's a sphere or flat...that's what I'm not settled on.  Is the sun going around a ball, or going like a grape hovering above a plate?  ;D

I also believe that NASA should actually stand for Never A Straight Answer, so I have an open mind here.
It is actually perfectly okay to believe that you are stationary. It just makes math a whole lot easier if you make the sun still.
I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.

ChildofFather

• If you only knew :-p
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2016, 02:00:21 PM »

Yes, and I also believe it is spread out to infinity yet unattainable due to the van allan belts. I also hypothesize that when the angels were put guard over over the tree of life it was with a sword of fire, such as the van allan belts, and beyond Antarctica is the Garden of Eden. Just something to think about. The van allan belts are what convinced me we never visited space and we never went to the moon, unless it is really at low earth level. So many lies. I just want the truth, and a fixed earth is definitely one of those truth's. I just want to know what else is out there and if I ever have the fund's I am circumnavigating Antarctica myself and learning the truth, or I will just have to wait until I am dead.

To love is to feel pain.

Nightsky

• Know the implications of what you believe.
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2016, 03:25:13 AM »
This thread is a perfect example of 'the herding of cats' and the elephant in the room.

The question is is the earth a sphere or some kind of disk or other geometric shape.

The answer is a sphere as the accumulated evidence for its spherical nature is overwhelming. There is nothing that points to it being anything else. The rider I put on that last statement is anything that has evidence. To claim the earth is flat would turn upside down all what we know about the universe and invalidate much, if not all, both our technology and our current scientific knowledge.
You can call me Gwyneth
I said that
Oh for the love of- Logical formulation:
FET is wrong, unsupported by evidence, and most models are refuted on multiple fronts; those that aren't tend not to make enough predictions to be realistically falsifiable
Jane said these

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2016, 04:58:50 AM »
I have never seen a more dishonest biassed "poll".
Asking:
This is a test has only one question. What do you believe about the shape of the earth?
You may only select up to 2 options.
  • I accept the earth is flat like all other true believers, and knowers and all good people.
  • I'm thinking that the earth is round because NASA and some institutes fed by NASA says that.
  • I'm believing to reverse curve theory.
  • I'm believing to hemi-sphere model.
  • I'm believing to twin earth model.
  • I'm not believing anything. I'm a troll that defending what my boss want me to do.
  • Other. I don't interest the question.
  • I'm a scientist and believing to the earth is round. Because, i measured the diffusion at the edge of the atmospher and proved they are'nt scattering into space; proved why our antennas are fixed to one point but satellites that was going on; etc.
Submit Vote

It is no better than the lawyer asking: "Have you stopped beating you wife yet?" Answer me immediately, YES or NO!

I do not believe "that the earth is round because NASA and some institutes fed by NASA says that"
I honestly believe that earth is a Globe because all the observations and evidence I see convinces of that.

So Mr İntikam, what about making an honest poll that the vast majority of good honest people can answer truthfully.

Of course, all Boko Haram members could answer:
"I accept the earth is flat like all other true believers, and knowers and all good people."
Do you really want to ally yourself with them?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2016, 03:59:41 AM »
@rabinoz; you were disignored on the other site but not here yet. So still  i  don't see your posts. even so I glanced quickly.

That's just all i say your allies:

Probably we should to add a new choice to poll: "When you cut a man's head at last time?".
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2016, 08:58:43 AM »
Poll needs option:  Round, based on everyday observations.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2016, 11:18:22 PM »

Got it  :)

with just a little, a bit difference.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 11:20:27 PM by İntikam »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2016, 11:23:16 PM »
Jokes on the poll are corrected as what they are really should be.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2016, 04:47:28 AM »
@rabinoz; you were disignored on the other site but not here yet. So still  i  don't see your posts. even so I glanced quickly.

That's just all i say your allies:

Probably we should to add a new choice to poll: "When you cut a man's head at last time?".
It is absolutely meaningless to claim the that what ISIS puts on their money makes them my allies.

I could just as well say that Boko Haram are your allies!
Boko Haram believe that the earth is flat and targets geography teachers for teaching that the earth is a globe.
Boko Haram targets geography teachers for assassination
Boko Haram has singled out geography teachers in Nigeria as targets for assassination, according to a report by the Human Rights Watch.

Western education's principles of geography and social science contradict the teachings of group's founder, Mohammed Yusuf, says the Daily Telegraph.

Boko Haram believes the Earth is flat and that rainfall is an act of God and not caused by evaporation. As a result, it ranks geography teachers in Nigeria alongside security chiefs and senior politicians as prime candidates for assassination.

"Boko Haram insurgents have shown particular distaste for certain subjects like geography and science... Teachers of these subjects are targeted," says the report.
From The Week, UK

Boko Haram believes that the earth is flat, you believe that the earth is flat, so according to YOU that makes you and Boko Haram allies.

Mr İntikam, I am afraid that your reasoning is completely wrong!

Most people on earth, myself included, honestly believe that the earth is a Globe because there is so much evidence for that.

By the way, I don't care if you behave like a spoilt child and ignore my posts. If you want to run off in a huff, that's your business!

SpJunk

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2016, 08:33:40 AM »
I don't believe either.
I compared Flat and Globe models and discovered lot of flaws of Flat model that are working well on Globe model.
I also saw lot of Flat Earth videos on YouTube and discovered lot of ignorance, and pretty much dishonesty from many Flat Earthers.
NOT ALL.
In my previous country, in my home town we had observatory.
I saw celestial bodies and my observations approve Globe model and disprove Flat model.
BTW, you don't need telescope to see that Sun and Moon don't change angular diameter, except due to atmospheric distortions near horizon.
Neither to see that at sunset you see half of the Sun before it "sinks down" / "vanishes in point". Is upper half "more resistant" to perspective?

Flat Earth is based on misinterpretation of religion and wishful thinking. It doesn't work in real life. That's why ancient civilizations abandoned it.
Round Earth is based on observation and measurements. It is usable in geography, traveling / shipping / navigation, astronomy, ...

Without enough facts I wouldn't choose any side. I wouldn't jump into conclusions.

I don't believe.
I don't follow trends.
I look and see.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein

"Your lack of simplicity is main reason why not many people would bother to try to understand you." - S.M.

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2016, 12:54:11 PM »
Talk about a loaded survey!
Flat vs. Round is a distraction aimed at covering the REAL truth.

The donut-shaped Earth is the only way, the light and salvation.

Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. [John 8:32]

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2016, 06:42:56 PM »
I don't believe either.
I compared Flat and Globe models and discovered lot of flaws of Flat model that are working well on Globe model.
I also saw lot of Flat Earth videos on YouTube and discovered lot of ignorance, and pretty much dishonesty from many Flat Earthers.
NOT ALL.

;D You could be a little more charitable, and say:
Quote from: Robert J. Hanlon
Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice.
It might not really have been Hanlon, but it does get called "Hanlon's Razor".

Mind you, some have been told over and over that what the say is simply wrong and yet they still keep repeating the same errors,
so maybe dishonesty might be more fitting.
I am thinking of "flat earth proofs" like aircraft gyroscoopes - they do not prove a flat earth.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2016, 06:13:26 PM »

He reads every word. There is no ignore list.

His ego would not allow him to have an ignore list.

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2016, 07:32:19 PM »

Got it  :)

with just a little, a bit difference.  ;D
"Based on my everyday observations."  Is that what you meant?  Mine, and everyone else's, observations.

ChildofFather

• If you only knew :-p
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2016, 04:24:46 AM »
Option 8 which i picked:

ohh wait...

no youre wrong

bye!

Just shows how well indoctrination works. You should atleast get paid for your deceit...no?
To love is to feel pain.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2016, 10:02:44 AM »
I have a more fair poll:

Totally fair, right?

No, it is not fair.

Are you quite sure about that?  The Earth appears to be flat in their depiction.  Wouldn't their currency have to be spheres to make that assertion?
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

MrDebunk

• Chaotic good
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2016, 09:23:01 PM »
I have a more fair poll:

Totally fair, right?

No, it is not fair.

1. I don't see a globe
2. If you or anyone here can read Arabic, tell me what the text means. Then I can determine if it is supporting the round earth or not. Probably completely unrelated.
M R D E B U N K (the reboot)

Quote from: totallackofintelligence
You sound like shill.

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2016, 12:43:25 PM »
No, it is not fair.

1. I don't see a globe
2. If you or anyone here can read Arabic, tell me what the text means. Then I can determine if it is supporting the round earth or not. Probably completely unrelated.

Apparently it says 'Islamic State' at the top, in the middle it says 'Five Dinars' and at the bottom it says 'Caliphate on the Path of Prophethood'.

The year on the map is 1436 which corresponds to the year 2016.

What has any of this to do with the flat Earth?

If anything (if the flat Earth is true) it simply means the Islamic State have fallen to the spherical Earth conspiracy.

Conversely it means even psychopathic maniacs like the Islamic State aren't even THAT stupid as to believe the Earth is flat  ::)
Flat vs. Round is a distraction aimed at covering the REAL truth.

The donut-shaped Earth is the only way, the light and salvation.

Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. [John 8:32]

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2016, 02:04:01 AM »
I have a more fair poll:

Totally fair, right?

No, it is not fair.

1. I don't see a globe

The map used by ISIS is globe earth map. You don't need to see a globe, it is a globe earth projection. It is not a flat earth map. So they defend the earth is globe oppositely your claims.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1