So, who wants to play NASA Photoshop Tennis?

• 109 Replies

Username

• President Of The Flat Earth Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
So, who wants to play NASA Photoshop Tennis?
« on: July 31, 2016, 04:00:50 AM »
Because I really can't stop laughing at this one.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nasa-photo-into-meme_us_579a747fe4b0e2e15eb51fb5?ir=UK%20Comedy&section=uk_comedy

Those NASA guys really make this too easy, don't they? They are going to put me out of a job.
Quantum Ab Hoc

1 + 1 = 2
"The above proposition is occasionally useful." - Bertrand Russell

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: So, who wants to play NASA Photoshop Tennis?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 05:10:51 AM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nasa-photo-into-meme_us_579a747fe4b0e2e15eb51fb5?ir=UK%20Comedy&section=uk_comedy

Those NASA guys really make this too easy, don't they? They are going to put me out of a job.
;) ;) Surely you don't suspect that there could have been a little "Photoshopping" involved?  You really are too suspicious!  ;) ;)

And would you believe that some skeptics don't even believe that the "Cow jumped over the Moon"! However will we tell the kids?
Especially as we know
Do cows have any space flight experience?
In 2013, Eva, a toy cow from New Zealand, spent an afternoon on the edge of space in celebration of World Earth Day.

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 05:14:29 AM »

Why do you believe this to be fake?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 06:42:57 AM »

Just which ones do you think are real?

This?

or this? Looks a good
place for him! ::)

or maybe this?

this is looking a tiny bit better!

This, though looks
more believable,

Extra points for picking which is the real Donald Trump.
Mind you, I wonder what reasoned argument the Flat Earthers give against the last one. I have seen various things like:
  • The moon is too big! Well, no it's not, especially as DSCOVR is fixed at the L1 LaGrange point, but in a stable, kidney-bean-shaped orbit around the point. The L1 point itself is only meta-stable.

• The clouds don't move. Well, the do, though not very much as the whole video is only about 4 hours, and the earth is huge.
If anyone is going to pick holes in the videos, they might as well use the full resolution ones:
DSCOVR: EPIC Earth Polychromatic Imaging Camera, Moon transits earth or download the actual video  lunar_transit_2016_07_05.mp4,

This site gives more EPIC links: DSCOVR: EPIC Earth Polychromatic Imaging Camera, Galleries.

Happy nit-picking!

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 11:59:23 AM »

That should be in complete nonsense.

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 02:36:01 PM »

Or at least the lounge or something.  General is a place for serious discussion. 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

Username

• President Of The Flat Earth Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 08:38:48 PM »

Are you serious? Even the astronaut who supposedly took this said its hard to believe its a real photograph, hanging his hat on the obvious fact that its not.

Just look at that picture. If you can't recognize why it might look fake, I don't really don't know what to say.

Or at least the lounge or something.  General is a place for serious discussion. 
General is actually where conspiracy topics are the most appropriate, imo. A fake NASA shot certainly belongs here. What about this is not serious enough for you? Sure people are poking fun at NASA for being fools, but the underlying topic certainly is serious. I could be wrong, and If I am I'm sure one of the moderators will move it.
Quantum Ab Hoc

1 + 1 = 2
"The above proposition is occasionally useful." - Bertrand Russell

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 08:43:52 PM »
If a planoterrestrialist posted that photo or another one like it as "evidence" of the shadow object or some such,  they would be laughed off the forum.  There are people who believe that photo is real?
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

?

Woody

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 09:06:47 PM »
John I would take a look at the source of the picture.  Certainly was not taken by an astronaut and have not seen anyone claiming it was besides you.

That green hue is the result of using a 10-channel hyperspectral camera.  Do some research it will also lead you to understand why there is also a purplish hue on the other side of the Moon.

Are you on some type of medication?  Seems you go from posting intelligent arguments to stuff like this and given kudos to someone thinking a commercial was evidence the Earth was flat and AMD is in on it.

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2016, 12:43:26 AM »

There was no solar exclipse, i.e. Moon passing in front of the Sun as seen from Earth, on the date when the photo was supposed to be taken, so the photo is a fake ... like the Deep Space Climate Observatory satellite at location L1 between Earth and the Sun. It is a typical example of NASA fakery. Yawn!

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2016, 12:55:30 AM »

There was no solar exclipse, i.e. Moon passing in front of the Sun as seen from Earth, on the date when the photo was supposed to be taken, so the photo is a fake ... like the Deep Space Climate Observatory satellite at location L1 between Earth and the Sun. It is a typical example of NASA fakery. Yawn!

No one was stating there was a solar eclipse or that there an eclipse expected. If you actually look at the image you will note a slim crescent of dark on both earth and moon showing the the moon was certainly not line up exactly between the earth and the sun.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2016, 03:08:12 AM »

I had thought of you as someone who had some knowledge of orbital mechanics, but I was sadly mistaken.

DSCOVR does not just orbit the sun fixed at the L1 point. One reason for this is that L1 is only quasi-stable, so if a satellite parked there moves slightly out of place the gravitational field will not return it to L1, but move it further away.

Instead DSCOVR is in a stable "kidney bean" shaped orbit about L1.

Hence most of the time DSCOVR is not in line between the sun and the earth. This is evidenced (as already pointed oit) by the line of shade on the moon and the earth.

So, Heiwa, you can go back to sleep again, as you seem to have nothing to offer on this topic. 

disputeone

• Ranters
  • Or should I?
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2016, 04:06:05 AM »
Ski you usually play the game,
What about the photo do you find suspicious?

I'll go first; lack of land mass, moons green border, no stars, also as heiwa pointed out, it kind of looks at first glance that the side of the earth photographed is facing the sun as the moon transits.

All of these are easy enough to explain.

Edit, for me its hard to get my head around seeing something so large in that perspective.
BOTD member

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this.

The reason I am consistently personally attacked here.
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=69306.msg1960160#msg1960160

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2016, 04:42:11 AM »

Are you serious? Even the astronaut who supposedly took this said its hard to believe its a real photograph, hanging his hat on the obvious fact that its not.

Just look at that picture. If you can't recognize why it might look fake, I don't really don't know what to say.

Why do you believe it to be fake?

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2016, 05:05:16 AM »
Let me allow this Flat earther to prove that photo is at least LOOK REAL :

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2016, 05:35:34 AM »
If a planoterrestrialist posted that photo or another one like it as "evidence" of the shadow object or some such,  they would be laughed off the forum.  There are people who believe that photo is real?

Yes, there are people who believe that photo is real. Me for one.

Then there's the astronaut who posted it on twitter. And I would guess the people who work on the DSCOVR::EPIC project think it's real too. I expect there are others.

iWitness

• If the earth is round then what is your problem?
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2016, 05:36:36 AM »
The reason NASA sucks at photoshopping so much, is because people with real talent usually aren't pieces of sh*t.
Disclaimer: I am confused. Everything I say is speculative and not admissible in a court of law; however, I am neither insane nor a threat to myself or others. I am simply curious about everything in life and enjoy talking about crazy shit. Oh, & btw I like turtles.

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2016, 05:39:06 AM »

No one was stating there was a solar eclipse or that there an eclipse expected. If you actually look at the image you will note a slim crescent of dark on both earth and moon showing the the moon was certainly not line up exactly between the earth and the sun.

Also, EPIC did record the shadow of the moon crossing the earth during the eclipse on March 9th this year:

http://epic.gsfc.nasa.gov/galleries/solar_eclipse/

neutrino

• FET is a religion. You can't fight faith.
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2016, 06:11:08 AM »
Well, pretty realistic image of a solar eclipse casting shadow on Earth. What's the point?
FET is religion. No evidence will convince a FE-er. It would be easier to convince Muslims they are wrong.

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2016, 06:33:20 AM »
Well, pretty realistic image of a solar eclipse casting shadow on Earth. What's the point?

Assuming you're referring to the link I posted?

Well, Heiwa said there was no eclipse on the date of the photos of the moon passing in front of the earth.
Mainframes pointed out that an eclipse was not implied or expected.
I additionally pointed out that when there is an eclipse, EPIC can record the moon's shadow crossing the earth. I thought the photos were quite cool too.

Does that explain the point?

neutrino

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2016, 06:36:09 AM »
Oh maybe. What solar eclipse is it? What's the date?
FET is religion. No evidence will convince a FE-er. It would be easier to convince Muslims they are wrong.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2016, 06:43:10 AM »
...also as heiwa pointed out, it kind of looks at first glance that the side of the earth photographed is facing the sun as the moon transits.

It looks that way because that's exactly what's going on.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2016, 06:44:56 AM »

Ahem, well, the date is in my post that I guess you must have read to have commented on. It's also in the link I provided which I guess you must have followed to have seen the pictures.

But since you weren't able to notice the date in either of those places, I'll tell you it was March 9th 2016.

neutrino

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2016, 06:47:43 AM »

Ahem, well, the date is in my post that I guess you must have read to have commented on. It's also in the link I provided which I guess you must have followed to have seen the pictures.

But since you weren't able to notice the date in either of those places, I'll tell you it was March 9th 2016.

Well, 8th March 2016 there was an eclipse exactly in the same place. Looks like it was a typo or something...

neutrino

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2016, 06:50:12 AM »
Oh yeah, it looks like the time is relative :) Based on you timezone. Wikipedia mentiones this also 9th March. And there are even pictures of it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse_of_March_9,_2016

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2016, 06:53:38 AM »

Well, 8th March 2016 there was an eclipse exactly in the same place. Looks like it was a typo or something...
The path of the eclipse crossed the International Date Line.

Heiwa

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2016, 07:04:48 AM »

Well, shouldn't we all agree that the Sun is always behind the Deep Space Climate Observatory Satellite lined up with planet Earth at L1 in space and then ... it happens ... the Moon moved in between, so you could not see part of the Earth behind the Moon from the satellite.

It can only happen when a solar eclipse occurs on Earth.

A person on Earth observing the Deep Space Climate Observatory Satellite with solid sun glasses, could not see the Deep Space Climate Observatory Satellite as a spot in front of the Sun - the Moon was in the way. There was an eclipse!

The NASA clowns made a mess of it ... again!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2016, 07:15:36 AM »
Well, shouldn't we all agree that the Sun is always behind the Deep Space Climate Observatory Satellite lined up with planet Earth at L1 in space and then ... it happens ... the Moon moved in between, so you could not see part of the Earth behind the Moon from the satellite.

If that were true, then there would be a solar eclipse every time there was a new moon.  However, because of the moon's orbital inclination, a new moon does not always result in a solar eclipse and a full moon does not always result in a lunar eclipse.

Heiwa

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2016, 07:30:58 AM »

If that were true, then there would be a solar eclipse every time there was a new moon.  However, because of the moon's orbital inclination, a new moon does not always result in a solar eclipse and a full moon does not always result in a lunar eclipse.

You are right. But when the NASA Deep Shit/Space Climate Observatory Satellite takes a photo of the sunny, gray side of the new Moon passing in front of our planet Earth behind it from position L1 in the shit, there should be a solar eclipse on the Earth below. No doubts about it. Only NASA shills/shit believe otherwise.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 07:32:34 AM by Heiwa »

neutrino

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2016, 07:38:38 AM »
Again, what's the problem with that eclipse?