give me real evidence of the earth being flat

• 39 Replies

MrDebunk

• Chaotic good
Re: give me real evidence of the earth being flat
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2016, 10:12:18 PM »
sorry. any 'evidence' provided here is false and can be debunked (i havent thorougly read through it so...)

there is no evidence of the earth being flat that is completely verifiable on all conditions
M R D E B U N K (the reboot)

Quote from: totallackofintelligence
You sound like shill.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2016, 10:18:56 PM »
sorry. any 'evidence' provided here is false and can be debunked (i havent thorougly read through it so...)
Ha! Well, I'm certainly convinced...  ::)

there is no evidence of the earth being flat that is completely verifiable on all conditions

That sounds like dogma, not science.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2016, 04:09:50 PM »

But he's right.  There is no evidence supporting a flat earth that is more statistically significant than what we have showing that the earth is round. 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

djhives

• www.djhives.com
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2016, 05:20:09 PM »

You want "EVIDENCE" that the earth is FLAT?

- it is EVIDENT that I am standing on a flat surface
- it is EVIDENT that as far as I can see, no matter how high I or you can go, I see flatness

NOW - what is the "EVIDENCE" that the earth is round?

- is it EVIDENT that I am standing on a round surface?
- is it EVIDENT that as far as I can see, no matter how high I or you can go, I see roundess or curvature?

What is *EVIDENT*?

Not what you 'believe'.  What *IS* *EVIDENT*?

The end.

-- hives

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2016, 07:06:36 PM »

- it is EVIDENT that as far as I can see, no matter how high I or you can go, I see flatness

- is it EVIDENT that as far as I can see, no matter how high I or you can go, I see roundess or curvature?

What is *EVIDENT*?

The end.

-- hives

The earth is big, not flat.  The end. 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

MrDebunk

• Chaotic good
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2016, 08:24:57 PM »

But he's right.  There is no evidence supporting a flat earth that is more statistically significant than what we have showing that the earth is round.
yup
M R D E B U N K (the reboot)

Quote from: totallackofintelligence
You sound like shill.

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2016, 02:31:32 AM »
Did Johnorbital have kids? What's with the people shouting "GIVE ME EVIDENCE!!!!"?
I think the owner of the topic is Papa's girlfriend / fuckbody.  :)

Allahu Ackbar

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2016, 11:19:46 AM »

What is *EVIDENT*?

The end.

-- hives

Great question!! What exactly IS evidenice?

ev·i·dence
ˈevədəns/
noun
the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.
"The scientific community has found zero evidence of a flat earth"

The "available body of facts" bit refers to the vast body of scientific data showing curvature of the earth. Everything from navigation, astronomy, aviation, and space travel depend upon the earth being round to even function.

You state that there is no curvature of the earth, no matter how high you go. Well, how high have YOU gone? Unless you are an astronaut or military pilot, the answer is 36,000 feet. You cannot see the curvature of the earth from that altitude.

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2016, 10:59:28 PM »
I daresay that one very persuasive piece of evidence that the Earth is flat is SHOWING US THE EDGE.  Y'know, the limit, the dropping-off line, the end of the planet.  It should be in every direction if you go far enough.  That would go a very long way to convincing me.  And the fact that this Edge, which would seem to be an absolute characteristic of a flat earth, cannot be found by the FEers is fairly strong evidence that the whole FE business is pulled out of their lower torso.

In all these centuries, nobody has found The Edge - and, as I said, it should be findable in every direction.  This suggests to me that there isn't an Edge and therefore there isn't a flat planet.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2016, 12:34:51 AM »
I daresay that one very persuasive piece of evidence that the Earth is flat is SHOWING US THE EDGE.  Y'know, the limit, the dropping-off line, the end of the planet.  It should be in every direction if you go far enough.  That would go a very long way to convincing me.  And the fact that this Edge, which would seem to be an absolute characteristic of a flat earth, cannot be found by the FEers is fairly strong evidence that the whole FE business is pulled out of their lower torso.

In all these centuries, nobody has found The Edge - and, as I said, it should be findable in every direction.  This suggests to me that there isn't an Edge and therefore there isn't a flat planet.
This is something I have found both here, and on the YouTube videos.

All they ever do is find fault with the globe model,
and in virtually every one I have seen the great new evidence is just one more case demonstrating an abysmal ignorance of physics.
One recent case was Jeranism claiming that the "penumbra" of the earth''s shadow was a fake because "scientists" claim that sunlight is always exactly parallel.

But, we rarely see any actual justification of the flat earth model. Even when a topic is started to ask for justification, the thread seems to get ignored.