Swinging weight or Hanging weight - proves the earth rotates

• 331 Replies

Yendor

Re: Swinging weight or Hanging weight - proves the earth rotates
« Reply #240 on: August 01, 2016, 04:12:22 PM »
Will this work? It's not earth but the sun. Tell me those latitude lines curve.
That's looking straight down at the equator, now look straight down at one of the latitudes somewhere between there and one of the poles.  They curve.

Does a latitude line a few centimeters from one of the poles on your beachball curve when you look straight down at it?

Why are you looking straight down on it? Of course the lines curve if you do that. That is not reality, come on get real, you should know better then that. the lines are exactly parallel with the equator all the way to the pole.
You look straight down on it because that is how you would see if it you were on it.   The whole point is having the pendulum on one of those lines and seeing that it must curve as it goes around the Earth.

It doesn't go around the earth. The earth goes around STRAIGHT with the pendulum attached to it. It never curves.
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                              George Orwell

Yendor

« Reply #241 on: August 01, 2016, 04:15:42 PM »
I believe you guys are trolling me. I know everyone on here knows how the earth rotates. Why do you say it rotates in an arc? That makes no sense.
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                              George Orwell

« Reply #242 on: August 01, 2016, 04:17:48 PM »
You aren't understanding what we are saying. Probably because it's being over complicated.
I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.

« Reply #243 on: August 01, 2016, 04:22:21 PM »
That's looking straight down at the equator, now look straight down at one of the latitudes somewhere between there and one of the poles.  They curve.

Does a latitude line a few centimeters from one of the poles on your beachball curve when you look straight down at it?
Why are you looking straight down on it? Of course the lines curve if you do that.
So now you agree there is a curve if one follows a line of latitude somewhere between the equator and the pole.  Now was that so hard to acknowledge? 

That is not reality, come on get real, you should know better then that. the lines are exactly parallel with the equator all the way to the pole.
Are you saying that on a globe, someone standing at 45 degrees north would be leaning at a 45 degree angle?  Would someone at the pole be laying on their side while standing straight up?  You're too funny Yendor.

?

frenat

« Reply #244 on: August 01, 2016, 04:24:48 PM »

Why are you looking straight down on it? Of course the lines curve if you do that. That is not reality, come on get real, you should know better then that. the lines are exactly parallel with the equator all the way to the pole.
You look straight down on it because that is how you would see if it you were on it.   The whole point is having the pendulum on one of those lines and seeing that it must curve as it goes around the Earth.

It doesn't go around the earth. The earth goes around STRAIGHT with the pendulum attached to it. It never curves.
And the path it follows as the Earth goes around curves.  You are saying one should look at the path while your view is centered on the Equator.  Why wouldn't you center your view on the path (or line of latitude) you would be following? 

Yendor

« Reply #245 on: August 01, 2016, 04:28:58 PM »

And the path it follows as the Earth goes around curves.  You are saying one should look at the path while your view is centered on the Equator.  Why wouldn't you center your view on the path (or line of latitude) you would be following?

I did center my view on the path (or line of latitude) i followed?
                              George Orwell

?

frenat

« Reply #246 on: August 01, 2016, 04:31:58 PM »

I did center my view on the path (or line of latitude) i followed?
Not if you are not looking straight down on it you didn't. 

getrealzommb

• We do actually live on a ball: But who cares?
« Reply #247 on: August 01, 2016, 04:59:47 PM »
See, Rodney doesn't grasp the fact that you need to look through your line of latitude straight down to the center of the ball.

A simple misunderstanding from a simple mind.

Plonker

Yendor

« Reply #248 on: August 02, 2016, 06:12:38 AM »
See, Rodney doesn't grasp the fact that you need to look through your line of latitude straight down to the center of the ball.

Plonker

You're nuts and your inability to grasp the obvious shows it...sorry, you looser.
                              George Orwell

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #249 on: August 02, 2016, 07:21:59 AM »

Plonker

You're nuts and your inability to grasp the obvious shows it...sorry, you looser.

So I take it you haven't done the experiment as yet?   

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Yendor

« Reply #250 on: August 02, 2016, 10:29:17 AM »

Plonker

So I take it you haven't done the experiment as yet?   

I can see the other trolls not understanding because they would never admit the truth. But you, I thought you were different, I guess not. If you don't want the others to know, you can always PM me, I won't tell anyone.
                              George Orwell

« Reply #251 on: August 02, 2016, 01:03:31 PM »
Yendor, you are simply mistaken. I wouldn't be surprised if most people here don't understand fully how the Focault pendulum works, but they don't go screaming that every scientific discovery from Newton onwards was false, they either ignore it, or try to learn more.
I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.

Yendor

« Reply #252 on: August 02, 2016, 01:53:18 PM »
Yendor, you are simply mistaken. I wouldn't be surprised if most people here don't understand fully how the Focault pendulum works, but they don't go screaming that every scientific discovery from Newton onwards was false, they either ignore it, or try to learn more.

I don't believe it is a question about Newton's discoveries at all. What I'm saying is, the perspective one views an object is not necessarily the truth. Because the latitude lines on a globe are viewed at an angle so they appear to curve, does not mean they go other then straight around the surface of the globe. That is simply all I'm saying and it seems most everyone on here thinks I'm nuts. I'm just surprised no others see what I see and that is the reason I think I'm being trolled by everyone.
                              George Orwell

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #253 on: August 02, 2016, 02:04:01 PM »
It seems that on this topic as on every other topic that it's a case of
"I do not understand the Globe. That proves the earth is flat!"
Well no, it's simply a case of you not understanding the Globe.

Yendor

« Reply #254 on: August 02, 2016, 02:36:52 PM »

it is obvious you do not have a clue about the discussion. You display your ignorance more and more with every post you make. It is so sad really.
                              George Orwell

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #255 on: August 02, 2016, 03:38:37 PM »

it is obvious you do not have a clue about the discussion. You display your ignorance more and more with every post you make. It is so sad really.

Well said,
It is obvious you do not have a clue about the discussion. You display your ignorance more and more with every post you make. It is so sad really.

« Reply #256 on: August 02, 2016, 04:35:34 PM »

I don't believe it is a question about Newton's discoveries at all. What I'm saying is, the perspective one views an object is not necessarily the truth. Because the latitude lines on a globe are viewed at an angle so they appear to curve, does not mean they go other then straight around the surface of the globe. That is simply all I'm saying and it seems most everyone on here thinks I'm nuts. I'm just surprised no others see what I see and that is the reason I think I'm being trolled by everyone.
That's because everyone else actually has a desktop globe to look at, an understanding of a globe, or both.  Did you draw a latitude line close to the pole yet?  Let's say 80 degrees N. 

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #257 on: August 02, 2016, 08:27:19 PM »

And that is precisely why everyone else thinks you aren't being honest about what you understand,   I shouldn't have to remind you we've been here before.  Remember what you said last time?

If you think the earth doesn't rotate once per day,  that's one thing.  But to think it because you can't grasp simple geometry is quite another. 

I really hope you are trolling, because,  I don't believe anyone could be that dumb.

Yendor

« Reply #258 on: August 03, 2016, 08:05:44 AM »

And that is precisely why everyone else thinks you aren't being honest about what you understand,   I shouldn't have to remind you we've been here before.  Remember what you said last time?

If you think the earth doesn't rotate once per day,  that's one thing.  But to think it because you can't grasp simple geometry is quite another. 

I really hope you are trolling, because,  I don't believe anyone could be that dumb.

Tell me Rayzor, what is it that makes you think I'm dumb? Please explain in detail what I'm saying that leads you to make such a terrible statement about me. I thought you where above such things. I want to know what it is.
                              George Orwell

Yendor

« Reply #259 on: August 03, 2016, 08:22:40 AM »

That's because everyone else actually has a desktop globe to look at, an understanding of a globe, or both.  Did you draw a latitude line close to the pole yet?  Let's say 80 degrees N.

Yes, yes I have drawn a line close to the pole, now what?
                              George Orwell

« Reply #260 on: August 03, 2016, 06:46:16 PM »
Looking straight down at any spot on that line, does it curve as you follow it? 

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #261 on: August 03, 2016, 08:13:26 PM »

Tell me Rayzor, what is it that makes you think I'm dumb? Please explain in detail what I'm saying that leads you to make such a terrible statement about me. I thought you where above such things. I want to know what it is.

Ok,  get an orange,  and a marker pen,  now draw a line on the surface of the orange,   is it curved or straight?   

« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 10:34:19 PM by Rayzor »

Yendor

« Reply #262 on: August 04, 2016, 07:22:21 AM »
Looking straight down at any spot on that line, does it curve as you follow it?

Yes, it curves.
                              George Orwell

Yendor

« Reply #263 on: August 04, 2016, 07:26:43 AM »

Ok,  get an orange,  and a marker pen,  now draw a line on the surface of the orange,   is it curved or straight?   

I don't have to get an orange and draw on it to know it curves. It is round, of course it curves.

What is the point to all this? What does this have to do with pendulums?
                              George Orwell

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #264 on: August 04, 2016, 08:23:00 AM »

I don't have to get an orange and draw on it to know it curves. It is round, of course it curves.

When you start a pendulum swinging it wants to keep swinging in the same plane, it doesn't like being rotated,  remember the bicycle wheel, I've told you to try about several times already. 

You already know the rest.   Just think about for a while.

Yendor

« Reply #265 on: August 04, 2016, 08:38:06 AM »

When you start a pendulum swinging it wants to keep swinging in the same plane, it doesn't like being rotated,  remember the bicycle wheel, I've told you to try about several times already. 

You already know the rest.   Just think about for a while.

I don't have a bicycle wheel.

A pendulum may swing in the same plane, although I have my doubts. But, if you drag the whole thing around in a circle you will not be changing the angle between the pendulum swing and the support structure. The two have to be working separate each other in order for the angle of the swing to change. If the angle between the two does not change, then rotation can't be detected. It is so simple, I don't know why you don't get it.
                              George Orwell

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #266 on: August 04, 2016, 08:54:06 AM »

A pendulum may swing in the same plane, although I have my doubts. But, if you drag the whole thing around in a circle you will not be changing the angle between the pendulum swing and the support structure.
Bzzzzt  wrong.  Think about what you just wrote...   

To be honest with you,  I'm not interested in explaining it over and over,  as others have already done.  You are on your own.

getrealzommb

« Reply #267 on: August 04, 2016, 09:42:27 AM »
Showed the lads at work this thread today over lunch time. We had a good ole laugh.  ;D.

Our laborer was with you Rodney, he couldn't understand either. Perhaps that explains why he is a laborer on just above minimum wage, and the rest of us who understand have at least a college education and are on a much higher pay grade. 

Tomorrow they get the den pressure thread!  :P

Happy days

Yendor

« Reply #268 on: August 04, 2016, 10:50:18 AM »
Showed the lads at work this thread today over lunch time. We had a good ole laugh.  ;D.

Our laborer was with you Rodney, he couldn't understand either. Perhaps that explains why he is a laborer on just above minimum wage, and the rest of us who understand have at least a college education and are on a much higher pay grade. 

Tomorrow they get the den pressure thread!  :P

Happy days

Sorry...I have a college education as well. If it is true what you just said, about the labor person understands what I'm saying, that's a good thing in my book. It is probably because him and I have actually done things in the real world and not just looked in books there whole life. You see, I too started out in life as a laborer. I had to physically work for many years before I got a degree. On the other hand, for those who never had to work they only look at things superficial because someone has always been there to explain things to them. If you actually have to figure out things on your own you have to look deep into situations to figure them out because no one is there to hold their hand. So don't rag on laborers because you think you know more then them, often times that may not be the case. Just saying.
                              George Orwell

getrealzommb

« Reply #269 on: August 04, 2016, 01:59:49 PM »
If you are capable of learning, Its a pity you aren't putting that brain of yours to better use.

My guess is your just trolling.

I guess the chappy who pushes the broom is pushing the broom because he isn't capable of much more. He doesn't believe in a flat earth, he just doesn't understand how a pendulum can detect earths rotation. He also does not understand that if a helicopter hovers, the earth does not pass by below, and how water sticks to a ball. Bless him.  :-[ 

He keeps a good clean floor though.

My job is highly skilled, lots of problem solving, Electrical/electronic circuit design on a massive scale. Ever thought about the control gear that is required for power generation, the cooling, distribution, safety features? Not a job for the weak minded.  I guess those books I read every day were useful in helping me understand how to go out onto the floor and actually do the work, and keep the power on. 

We all started somewhere, lots of us progress but if at 30 you are still on the broom, then perhaps you just cant learn very much, very quickly.

His artwork is fantastic. He draws war scenes and they are realy very good. 
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 02:08:15 PM by getrealzommb »