worse than Facebook and YouTube

• 27 Replies
worse than Facebook and YouTube
« on: July 23, 2016, 10:30:33 AM »
I was debating with FE's on Facebook and YouTube, because they were so uneducated I instead came here

the main difference between fb/yt and here is; people on fb/yt actually discuss points

on here, no one does

the forum rules are supposed to be 'strictly enforced' but instead people piss all over the rules, INCLUDING the moderators

so, unless I'm mistaken, this is actually not an open, public forum, but instead its a closed forum, only meant for FE's?

If so, I apologise for being here, I though non FE's were welcome to discuss points

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Re: worse than Facebook and YouTube
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 10:32:58 AM »
The two main problem people just left so this place should get better.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 11:13:08 AM »
Sceptimatic wasn't really a problem person (not nearly on the same level as Papa) he just had a weird way of thinking about things.
I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 12:21:04 PM »
The Mission Statement of The FES is welcoming to all wishing to discuss Earth shape, as well as other topics.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/cms/index.php/about-the-society/history-and-mission

The history of the Society is also an important and interesting read defining the course of the modern age of FET. Of course, the previous age of FET goes back to well before the onset of the round Earth movement.

The importance of Earth shape debate taking place can not be underestimated since members of this site and a growing number of individuals beyond it are realizing the flaws exhibited within RET.

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 12:26:51 PM »
The importance of Earth shape debate taking place can not be underestimated since members of this site and a growing number of individuals beyond it are realizing the flaws exhibited within RET.
Seems to me to be having the opposite effect
Please give me ideas.

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 01:49:22 PM »
The Mission Statement of The FES is welcoming to all wishing to discuss Earth shape, as well as other topics.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/cms/index.php/about-the-society/history-and-mission

The history of the Society is also an important and interesting read defining the course of the modern age of FET. Of course, the previous age of FET goes back to well before the onset of the round Earth movement.

I'm not sure there are any flaws within RET

I've looked into what the FE's claim to be flaws and there's pretty obvious issues with the FE's version of the RET

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 01:55:10 PM »
Sceptimatic wasn't really a problem person (not nearly on the same level as Papa) he just had a weird way of thinking about things.
You are new here aren't you?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 05:57:12 PM »
4 days. Yes. I noticed that sceptimatic had a strange alternate-universe physics thing going on, but he seemed much better than papa.

Also, I think I scared him away from the site for good when I showed him a phase diagram.
Please give me ideas.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 07:17:30 PM »
4 days. Yes. I noticed that sceptimatic had a strange alternate-universe physics thing going on, but he seemed much better than papa.

Also, I think I scared him away from the site for good when I showed him a phase diagram.

He is much better than Papa.  Its not saying much, but its saying something.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 07:47:36 PM »

He is much better than Papa.  Its not saying much, but its saying something.
Well, I actualy read his posts and tried to understand them while Papa I just ignored. Scepti's posts had more content than papas.
Please give me ideas.

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 01:50:27 AM »
I never had dealings with papa but scepti but was no worse than anyone else.. he had his own theory, and refused to elaborate when questioned..

that's 99% of the FE's this forum though

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2016, 09:47:41 AM »
I was debating with FE's on Facebook and YouTube, because they were so uneducated I instead came here

the main difference between fb/yt and here is; people on fb/yt actually discuss points

on here, no one does

the forum rules are supposed to be 'strictly enforced' but instead people piss all over the rules, INCLUDING the moderators

so, unless I'm mistaken, this is actually not an open, public forum, but instead its a closed forum, only meant for FE's?

If so, I apologise for being here, I though non FE's were welcome to discuss points

Feel free to leave and do not let the door hit your bum on the way out.

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2016, 09:51:57 AM »
We already do. We are not your dog, we could leave whenever we wanted, but we chose not to because people like you are too entertaining.

Now, would that door hit our bum if we did it in a vacuum?
Please give me ideas.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2016, 09:54:33 AM »
Buncha round earth trolls crying about this forum  ::)
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2016, 09:58:34 AM »
We already do. We are not your dog, we could leave whenever we wanted, but we chose not to because people like you are too entertaining.

Who implied you were a dog? You get too butt hurt, too easily Geoff...

Must be the residual, toxic effects of over indulging in alcohol all the years...

I don't care whether it hits you or not, in a vacuum or not...Get with the faux texan account and free up one of those sticky gauges to measure whether or not this actually happens...

One thing though...he will lie to you the same he has lied to everyone else.

But, hey that is why you are drinking anyway, right? Put away the pain from being lied to by your parents, relatives, and friends, over the years...

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2016, 10:45:40 AM »
Opposed to having so little friends in real life that we need to pretend the earth is flat to join the flat earth group? I'll pass.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2016, 10:47:07 AM »

Who implied you were a dog? You get too butt hurt, too easily Geoff...

Must be the residual, toxic effects of over indulging in alcohol all the years...

I don't care whether it hits you or not, in a vacuum or not...Get with the faux texan account and free up one of those sticky gauges to measure whether or not this actually happens...

One thing though...he will lie to you the same he has lied to everyone else.

But, hey that is why you are drinking anyway, right? Put away the pain from being lied to by your parents, relatives, and friends, over the years...
Who is geoff? My name is origamiscienceguy.
Please give me ideas.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2016, 10:53:07 AM »
Opposed to having so little friends in real life that we need to pretend the earth is flat to join the flat earth group? I'll pass.

Srsly, you're gonna talk about FEers without real life friends when you've been ranting angrily on this forum for how many years now? I've never once seen you try to get along with anyone here, not even other RE trolls. I bet you're a real treat irl!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2016, 10:54:25 AM »

Srsly, you're gonna talk about FEers without real life friends when you've been ranting angrily on this forum for how many years now? I've never once seen you try to get along with anyone here, not even other RE trolls. I bet you're a real treat irl!
Believe it or not, my house has a door.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2016, 01:06:09 PM »

Believe it or not, my house has a door.

But does it have a window for you to look out?

You're just as weird as all the rest of us! There's no use trying to pretend you're the sane one here, you're one of us.

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2016, 01:19:25 PM »
My house has a window. I see the sun setting...
Please give me ideas.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2016, 01:28:20 PM »

I would offer you a cookie, but only FE get cookies.

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2016, 01:34:35 PM »

I would offer you a cookie, but only FE get cookies.
That's okay. I have oreos.
Please give me ideas.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2016, 05:49:47 PM »

Believe it or not, my house has a door odor.
Ftfy.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2016, 11:04:37 PM »
We don't enforce the rules as strictly as we used to. There has been some effort to change this, but its still a growing effort. There is a delicate balance between enforcing the rules and over-enforcing rules and it seems like the moderation staff is treading lightly.

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2016, 12:15:23 PM »
We don't enforce the rules as strictly as we used to. There has been some effort to change this, but its still a growing effort. There is a delicate balance between enforcing the rules and over-enforcing rules and it seems like the moderation staff is treading lightly.

in all fairness, the title should be 'flat earthers forum'

because people who don't believe in the FE theory are welcomed by your regulars with nothing less than a tirade of abuse

its not on, but hey, who am I to dare to disagree with ANYTHING

I'll not go out abusive, I'll go out the same way I came in.. with facts:
this forum would be a LOT better with moderation

your mods do it too man, that says it all

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2016, 01:10:51 AM »

Don't fuss about it, generally I think the balance is about right,   light moderation, is to be preferred.   

It was interesting to see Papa Legba, and his alt Totallackey  toe the line and be polite after a few timely warnings from ski.     I like ski.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2016, 04:21:15 AM »

Don't fuss about it, generally I think the balance is about right,   light moderation, is to be preferred.   

It was interesting to see Papa Legba, and his alt Totallackey  toe the line and be polite after a few timely warnings from ski.     I like ski.

why? He doesn't even discuss the theory at all..

and no, the moderation ruins this site, it's blatant