Why would NASA lie ?

• 51 Replies
Re: Why would NASA lie ?
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2016, 04:44:06 PM »
Why would NASA lie? Simple. Because they're liers. How do I know they're liers? Because they always lie. Brilliant logic if I do say so myself.
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">video
I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2016, 08:11:27 PM »
It's very simple. nasa, along with many other "scientific" organisations, are part of the cult of "scientism." They lie because they can. You can't verify anything they claim, but you convince yourself that other organisations out there, can. Thus, they must be telling the truth. It's a great scam. You have been conditioned to take everything these people say as the truth. It's actually worse than any religion because they offer you nothing in return.

"They lie because they can?"    Really,  is that the best you've got.

"You can't verify anything they claim."    Actually you can.  Another Legion-dary failure to think logically.

"They offer nothing in return"    Yep ignoring,   Satellite TV,  Weather Forecasting, GPS,  Accurate Mapping,  Scientific research,  etc, etc,  ... 

Reminds me of Monty Python.

Anyway,  show me something,  anything,  that you think is evidence of NASA lying.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 08:16:46 PM by Rayzor »
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2016, 09:10:16 PM »
ISS sold as a 8 billion dollar project. Total cost exceeded $100M
Webb telescope sold as $1 billion investment.  Currently $8 billion and counting.

Don't get me started on the Mars funding about which even the former director of Goddard stated unequivocally, "I really think collectively we are perpetuating a fraud.”

It's a never ending money sink whose sole output is frequently bettered by Hollywood studios with drastically smaller budgets.

"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

Mortof

• Firefly
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2016, 03:00:13 AM »
Why would NASA lie? Simple. Because they're liers. How do I know they're liers? Because they always lie. Brilliant logic if I do say so myself.
Just like Rayzor said himself if you think that they are lying give me some proof to back up your argument, simple as that.
“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.”
― Marcus Aurelius

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2016, 05:22:19 AM »
Don't get me started on the Mars funding about which even the former director of Goddard stated unequivocally, "I really think collectively we are perpetuating a fraud.”

Well, the full text is:

The council recommendation’s “mismatch” wording echoed blunt comments by member Tom Young, a former director of NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center and retired Lockheed Martin executive, who said NASA lacks an executable exploration strategy.

Unless the council said as much, he said, “I really think collectively we are perpetuating a fraud.”

He worried NASA is on a path to spend perhaps $160 billion over the next two decades but end up no closer to Mars.

For the same funding, he said, NASA could fly 20 James Webb Space Telescopes — the successor to Hubble, targeted for launch in 2018 — or 60 Curiosity Mars rovers, missions producing or likely to produce scientific breakthroughs.
So he is hardly saying the space program is a fraud, quite the opposite, he just wants the money spent elsewhere. This does not support your wild assertions about NASA covering up a flat earth.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Mortof

• Firefly
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2016, 08:31:54 AM »

Well, the full text is:

The council recommendation’s “mismatch” wording echoed blunt comments by member Tom Young, a former director of NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center and retired Lockheed Martin executive, who said NASA lacks an executable exploration strategy.

Unless the council said as much, he said, “I really think collectively we are perpetuating a fraud.”

He worried NASA is on a path to spend perhaps $160 billion over the next two decades but end up no closer to Mars.

For the same funding, he said, NASA could fly 20 James Webb Space Telescopes — the successor to Hubble, targeted for launch in 2018 — or 60 Curiosity Mars rovers, missions producing or likely to produce scientific breakthroughs.
So he is hardly saying the space program is a fraud, quite the opposite, he just wants the money spent elsewhere. This does not support your wild assertions about NASA covering up a flat earth.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.”
― Marcus Aurelius

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2016, 08:53:03 AM »

Well, the full text is:

I used the quote entirely in context. But continue to deny that they aren't a lying web of fraud and waste for whatever your reason.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2016, 09:27:18 AM »

Well, the full text is:

I used the quote entirely in context. But continue to deny that they aren't a lying web of fraud and waste for whatever your reason.

So,  what,  in your opinion,  would be an example of where NASA has been proven to have lied.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

?

Woody

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2016, 12:54:36 PM »

Well, the full text is:

Investigate further.  The fraud he is talking about is wasting money on a plan that he does not think will result in landing someone on Mars.  Many feel NASA's plan is very poor, lacks direction and wasteful.  Except a very few on the fringe people complaining do not think NASA is faking space travel.

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2016, 12:58:07 PM »
At least we can all agree that NASA's mars plan is more plausible than Mars One's plan.
Please give me ideas.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2016, 01:05:52 PM »
Taking money under false pretenses is lying and theft. I cited three examples, and provided a quote showing even a former head of Goddard thinks the current scheme is out of hand.
I made no claims that Tom Young said there is no such thing as space travel.

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2016, 01:23:05 PM »
I will say it:  There is no such thing as space travel. 

There is no such thing as outer space.  There is sky travel but there is no space travel. 

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2016, 01:26:57 PM »

There is no such thing as outer space.  There is sky travel but there is no space travel.
Actually, there is! Isn't that exciting! Over 40 countries have sent stuff to space, and 800 men have been to space!
Please give me ideas.

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2016, 01:35:14 PM »

Actually, there is! Isn't that exciting! Over 40 countries have sent stuff to space, and 800 men have been to space!
LOL 
Let us see their books! 

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2016, 01:48:22 PM »
There are a couple of bits of evidence of space travel that intrigue me: (1) the use of ultra-high frequency radio.  This means radio waves higher freq than shortwave; one distinction is that these don't bounce off the ionosphere, so they're useless for shortwave/inter-continental broadcasting, they simply go in straight lines, straight through the atmosphere into outer space.  It's the sort of radio that NASA (and all the other rocket and space programs of all the countries) uses and when the moon landings and the international space station events were happening, laboratories and radio engineers and hobbyists all over the world tuned into those ultra-high frequencies and heard at least one side of the back-and-forth transmissions.  This would not have been possible with conventional shortwave.  It means that the radio signals came from outer space, where the astronauts were supposed to be.  (2)  the retroflector on the moon.  Each NASA moon landing, from the very first, set up a retroflector.  This is a rather carefully made, very carefully positioned, multi-angular mirror, designed and made specially, which will reflect laser beams and microwave transmissions back to Earth to the very spot from which they were sent.  It doesn't have any moving parts nor a battery, but it has to be set up and aimed back at Earth very precisely - more precisely than mere robots could be trusted to do.  When the first moon landing occurred in 1969 a bunch of observatories and labs were prepared, already beaming at the landing point ... but not getting their signals returned until the astronauts had finished positioning the retroflector.  Since then, a retroflector has been set up by each moon landing; since they don't have any moving parts nor batteries, they're the only things still functioning on the moon. And they could only be functioning there because astronauts put them there.  And also (3)  demonstrations and stunts by the astronauts:  Every moon landing, and even many orbital missions that were not moon landings, the astronauts do something on the television cameras that simply couldn't be done in a movie studio - like hitting a golf ball a mile. This was deliberately done to prove they were on the moon.

Now, the next part is important, consider this: Suppose NASA is lying and somehow the Earth is flat and all that outer space stuff is fake.  Why was EVERYBODY fibbing about it before 1958, before NASA was established?  Who was raking in the round earth money before NASA?  And even now, even if NASA is lying, all those other countries - even the ones hostile to us and not getting any money, like North Korea - also claim the earth is round, also say there were moon landings.  There isn't enough money to bribe them all!  The Watergate conspiracy couldn't keep its lid on for a full six months and it only involved about a dozen people.  How could a conspiracy to conceal the flatness of the Earth succeed for so many centuries, with the complicity of so many scientists and teachers and airline pilots in so many countries, etc. etc.?   They couldn't all be bribed or bullied, could they?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 01:58:48 PM by cartog »

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2016, 02:41:11 PM »
There are a couple of bits of evidence of space travel that intrigue me: (1) the use of ultra-high frequency radio.  This means radio waves higher freq than shortwave; one distinction is that these don't bounce off the ionosphere, so they're useless for shortwave/inter-continental broadcasting, they simply go in straight lines, straight through the atmosphere into outer space.  It's the sort of radio that NASA (and all the other rocket and space programs of all the countries) uses and when the moon landings and the international space station events were happening, laboratories and radio engineers and hobbyists all over the world tuned into those ultra-high frequencies and heard at least one side of the back-and-forth transmissions.  This would not have been possible with conventional shortwave.  It means that the radio signals came from outer space, where the astronauts were supposed to be.  (2)  the retroflector on the moon.  Each NASA moon landing, from the very first, set up a retroflector.  This is a rather carefully made, very carefully positioned, multi-angular mirror, designed and made specially, which will reflect laser beams and microwave transmissions back to Earth to the very spot from which they were sent.  It doesn't have any moving parts nor a battery, but it has to be set up and aimed back at Earth very precisely - more precisely than mere robots could be trusted to do.  When the first moon landing occurred in 1969 a bunch of observatories and labs were prepared, already beaming at the landing point ... but not getting their signals returned until the astronauts had finished positioning the retroflector.  Since then, a retroflector has been set up by each moon landing; since they don't have any moving parts nor batteries, they're the only things still functioning on the moon. And they could only be functioning there because astronauts put them there.  And also (3)  demonstrations and stunts by the astronauts:  Every moon landing, and even many orbital missions that were not moon landings, the astronauts do something on the television cameras that simply couldn't be done in a movie studio - like hitting a golf ball a mile. This was deliberately done to prove they were on the moon.

Now, the next part is important, consider this: Suppose NASA is lying and somehow the Earth is flat and all that outer space stuff is fake.  Why was EVERYBODY fibbing about it before 1958, before NASA was established?  Who was raking in the round earth money before NASA?  And even now, even if NASA is lying, all those other countries - even the ones hostile to us and not getting any money, like North Korea - also claim the earth is round, also say there were moon landings.  There isn't enough money to bribe them all! The Watergate conspiracy couldn't keep its lid on for a full six months and it only involved about a dozen people.  How could a conspiracy to conceal the flatness of the Earth succeed for so many centuries, with the complicity of so many scientists and teachers and airline pilots in so many countries, etc. etc.?   They couldn't all be bribed or bullied, could they?

Couldn't be bothered to read your entire post, but, you should educate yourself about how money is created. To claim "there isn't enough money to bribe them all!" shows you are entirely ignorant about the nature (and purpose) of money.

Is there no end to the monkeys who end up here? Rather than banning sympathetic members, the mods would do well to ban members who have no clue about how this world is structured.
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2016, 03:00:41 PM »
Every moon landing, and even many orbital missions that were not moon landings, the astronauts do something on the television cameras that simply couldn't be done in a movie studio - like hitting a golf ball a mile. This was deliberately done to prove they were on the moon.

Nice post, but I just wanted to comment on this one bit. I don't think they tried to do anything to prove they were on the moon. There were no doubts at all at the time. Why should they anticipate or even care about future conspiracy theories? They did things like hitting a golf ball a mile because they could and it was a bit of fun.

Round and Proud

• Speculative fiction writer
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2016, 03:50:20 PM »
It's very simple. nasa, along with many other "scientific" organisations, are part of the cult of "scientism." They lie because they can. You can't verify anything they claim, but you convince yourself that other organisations out there, can. Thus, they must be telling the truth. It's a great scam. You have been conditioned to take everything these people say as the truth. It's actually worse than any religion because they offer you nothing in return.

Said by someone that cannot count past ten without removing their shoes and socks. And they need their mommy's help with that too.

You are either one step above brain dead, or a troll.
Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime...

« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2016, 09:04:54 AM »
"Couldn't bother" to refute the business about the retroflectors but wants to claim that the money supply is endless.  So you know as little about economics as you know about space science. 

Teachers, scientists, pilots, all kinds of people who are NOT rich, not receiving oodles of hush money from NASA or anybody, some of them in faraway places, still insist that the Earth is round, and will actually go the effort of proving it to their students.  Nobody's lining their pockets.

In the meantime, the big and small evidences of the roundness of the Earth and of space flight are accumulating.

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2016, 02:36:06 PM »
Just like Rayzor said himself if you think that they are lying give me some proof to back up your argument, simple as that.

I was being sarcastic. While I believe they have secret moon and Mars bases they're not telling us, they're not lying about the shape of the earth and that's what the thread is about.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

Mortof

• Firefly
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2016, 04:47:46 AM »

I was being sarcastic. While I believe they have secret moon and Mars bases they're not telling us, they're not lying about the shape of the earth and that's what the thread is about.

Oh, k den my fault.Sorry.
― Marcus Aurelius

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2016, 09:59:20 AM »

Oh, k den my fault.Sorry.

No problem. Sarcasm is hard to catch on text.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.