Accelerating?

• 2 Replies
Accelerating?
« on: July 14, 2016, 08:32:43 AM »
I've seen around the FE debate that everything in the visible universe is accelerating. I have 2 counterarguments, with 3 subcounterarguments:
1. When you're accelerating, you can feel the fact that you're accelerating. But, we don't feel the acceleration of the FE, and no scientist has measured it.
2. If everything is accelerating, this wouldn't cause the phenomena of gravity. There are also some properties of gravity that need explaining that aren't covered by acceleration:
  1. Objects float in less dense mediums. You can easily test this yourself.
  2. Denser objects cause stronger gravity.
  3. Gravity weakens as you get further away.

AdamSK

Re: Accelerating?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 08:35:24 AM »
I've seen around the FE debate that everything in the visible universe is accelerating. I have 2 counterarguments, with 3 subcounterarguments:
1. When you're accelerating, you can feel the fact that you're accelerating. But, we don't feel the acceleration of the FE, and no scientist has measured it.
We feel an acceleration of 1 g all the time.

2. If everything is accelerating, this wouldn't cause the phenomena of gravity.
According to Einstein it would.  That's what general relativity is all about.

Re: Accelerating?
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 08:40:40 AM »
Both gravity and Universal Acceleration have us accelerating at roughly 9.8 m/s/s.  If you don't think you can feel it, jump out of a window.

2. If everything is accelerating, this wouldn't cause the phenomena of gravity.
It would be equivalent when measured in a lab, but doesn't work across the planet.  See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equivalence_principle

1. Objects float in less dense mediums. You can easily test this yourself.
Buoyancy is not an issue for UA.

2. Denser objects cause stronger gravity.
  3. Gravity weakens as you get further away.
These are problems for UA.  In fact UA is debunked by the fact that gravity varies across the planet depending on location.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.