Astronomy debunk: The sun is clearly moving away

• 57 Replies
Re: Astronomy debunk: The sun is clearly moving away
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2016, 06:32:42 AM »
My guess is he's seeing the sun distorted by the fata morgana, but has not realized so.

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2016, 09:12:56 AM »
by his unwillingness to even discuss his points, my guess is he knows full well he's talking a load of rubbish, he's just trying to gather a following

but his 'evidence' fails at testing, so he ignores people who don't agree, it's pretty obvious

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2016, 04:34:22 PM »
And its not just during sunrise and sunset that should have the sun change size, according to flat earth theory.

But moving from overhead tropic of Cancer to tropic of Capricorn should have its own size change.

If you are at the tropic of Cancer with the sun directly overhead the sun should have an angular size of around  0.61115 degrees. Based on it being 3000 miles away and 32 miles in diameter.

6 months later when it is over the tropic of Capricorn when viewed from the original location it should have an angular size of 0.41566 degrees. Based on it now being 4411 miles away.

But the sun is actually larger during USA winter than USA summer.

http://webpages.charter.net/darksky25/Astronomy/Articles/sun/sunindex.html

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2016, 04:42:57 PM »
My guess is he's seeing the sun distorted by the fata morgana, but has not realized so.
My guess is that that video is faked- I've never seen the sun set like that, and I've seen my fair share!

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2016, 06:32:59 PM »
Iraq isin't on the equator line. The situation only valid where so close to the equator. This is about perspective that must on the sun moving line to see it directly moving away.

Some perspective you can see the sun shrunken markedly like this.

From some of perspective you can see the sun shrunken only a bit. We are usually show the videos like this but the videos usually are not interested.

From some of perspective you can't see the sun change the sun or only a bit changed. Your example explains about only this situation.
Are you saying the sun stays the same distance from my location all the time, and only moves closer and farther from an observer if they are on the equator?

AdamSK

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2016, 05:24:44 AM »
I've identified 4 different situation can be realizable caused by perspective depends on  point of view.

1- Point of view on random place in sun moving circle.
2- Point of view on equator.
3- Point of view on a bit out of equator near to rising side.
4- Point of view on a bit out of equator near to setting side.

I'm not quite understanding your model here.  Are you claiming that the sun is staying the same distance from the flat disc of the Earth but just moving around in a circle?  Or do you believe the sun sinks in elevation below the surface of the disk?

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2016, 06:25:45 AM »
Once again, FErs are trying to convince people that what they literally see every day doesn't look the way it does. Get out of your basement and look at a real sunset.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2016, 08:09:33 PM »
I've identified 4 different situation can be realizable caused by perspective depends on  point of view.

1- Point of view on random place in sun moving circle.
2- Point of view on equator.
3- Point of view on a bit out of equator near to rising side.
4- Point of view on a bit out of equator near to setting side.

I'm not quite understanding your model here.  Are you claiming that the sun is staying the same distance from the flat disc of the Earth but just moving around in a circle?  Or do you believe the sun sinks in elevation below the surface of the disk?
He won't talk to  ;D me  ;D (and I won't talk to him) but I showed photos of the sun staying the same size in Malaga Spain on 9/Mar/2016. Malaga is NOT on the equator either!

See Astronomy debunk: The sun is clearly moving away « Reply #23 on: July 12, 2016, 12:05:50 AM ».

Funny how Flat Earthers all just close their eyes to evidence!
   or is it?    or

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2016, 08:40:15 PM »
Oh, jeez, not you again intikam. I thought you and your half-baked trolling were gone for good.
Hey wake up! I don't go anywhere. You can not get away from me. There was some problems about here. Now the problems are finished so your nightmare is came back.

I thought he blew himself up at the Turkish airport. 

Pezevenk

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2016, 11:33:49 PM »
Oh, jeez, not you again intikam. I thought you and your half-baked trolling were gone for good.
Hey wake up! I don't go anywhere. You can not get away from me. There was some problems about here. Now the problems are finished so your nightmare is came back.

I thought he blew himself up at the Turkish airport.

That was mean. Too soon.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2016, 12:05:22 AM »
Intikam clearly knows that he's wrong, about 20 different people have thoroughly explained it to him

there's no possible way he can still believe his original post

I'm not sure why he's not deleted this thread yet

JoshPerplexed

• Strange creatures, these are...
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2016, 12:25:48 PM »
Red posted a video on this a couple days ago, and it's pretty conclusive that the size of the sun is unchanging...

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

Pezevenk

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2016, 01:07:31 PM »
Meanwhile I hope intikam is ok after the coup.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2016, 02:56:01 PM »
Yes, it must be terrible to be so close to this sort of violence, in Nice and now Turkey.

Pezevenk

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2016, 01:04:21 AM »
Yes, it must be terrible to be so close to this sort of violence, in Nice and now Turkey.

A horrible couple of days. We were very concerned here in Greece as well, as any such events in Turkey directly affect us as well. The other time there was a coup Cyprus was invaded...

At least this one was not successful, but wasn't without violence. And now Recep Tayyip "Elected dictator" Erdogan just has more power.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2016, 01:47:00 AM »

My work is not done. Coup was fake. It is hot in Turkey and hard to word.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2016, 01:54:41 AM »
Are you saying the sun stays the same distance from my location all the time, and only moves closer and farther from an observer if they are on the equator?

Almost. Actually sun isn't on the same distance from your location but the distance is not changing as needed you feel it. if you near to equator, you feel the sun clearly growing and shrinking. Sometimes we show that the sun grew 2 and 3 times but it don't remarkable for other people. But Extinction shrinking is remarkable for everyone.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2016, 04:45:07 AM »
The growing and shrinking of the Sun was showed with the solar filter of with bare eye and large Sun's halo around? If the latter, then try the former.

Pezevenk

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2016, 05:18:22 AM »

I suspected that, but I'm afraid I can't find any good evidence. It also seems like Erdogan was pissing himself the entire time ("The coup is not under full control yet" and similar statements). Also, a staged coup would  be mostly victimless, while this one was really bloody. I also can't rule out any connection with Gullen, since he was the last one to condemn the coup, he only did that after it was determined the coup would fail. He's also conveniently far from Turkey.

Anyway, what might have happened is that Erdogan might have known about the coup, and simply did nothing to prevent it, seeing as it would benefit him. We can't say for sure.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2016, 12:00:23 AM »
why has he not removed this thread?
its heavily flawed and has been proven wrong over and over and over

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2016, 01:50:32 AM »

I suspected that, but I'm afraid I can't find any good evidence. It also seems like Erdogan was pissing himself the entire time ("The coup is not under full control yet" and similar statements). Also, a staged coup would  be mostly victimless, while this one was really bloody. I also can't rule out any connection with Gullen, since he was the last one to condemn the coup, he only did that after it was determined the coup would fail. He's also conveniently far from Turkey.

Anyway, what might have happened is that Erdogan might have known about the coup, and simply did nothing to prevent it, seeing as it would benefit him. We can't say for sure.

I recommend you read this article please: Fake coup on Turkey. Erdoghan seized all of the authorities >> https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=67414.0

Gulenists, NATOnians and laics are most powerfull movements on Turkish army. Also Gullenists a part of NATOnians and laics are near a bit to Israel by historically. After some of Erdoghan operations to laics, Gullen's power increased. Although Gulen hasn't enough power to organize and will hold a coup by himself. My idea is the coup organized by CIA but they used Gullen's fans to do that. It was probably a warning to Erdoghan for nearing to Russia and Syria. The electric on the NATO air base of Incirlik still cut off and Erdogan warns that America about Gullen. In my opinion the coup was fake and a warning but There is a bit of trouble with the United States , and this problem may cause a real coup. USA still has enough power to do that because No matter how many operations done, Gullenists, NATOnians and laics have a strong base and USA can use these groups. Erdoghan want to fired them all and assign instead of them his fans   But he hasn't . no trained Erdoghan's personnel in this regard. this requires a long time . There is a bit risk for US Erdoghan can fire all of the NATO soldiers, Gullenists and laics. It seems as crazy because hardly anyone else from these groups in the army. but we know how Erdoghan is. :)

On the other hand, Erdoghan committed a crime and prosecutor Bharara has some enough evidence to  convict  him. Maybe this situation forced to US to do something. Obama should clean up this mess before gone.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 02:06:06 AM by İntikam »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2016, 08:50:14 PM »
Maybe this situation forced to US to do something. Obama should clean up this mess before gone.

Grow up and accept that your country's problems are caused by religious infighting.

« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2016, 09:09:47 PM »
If you claim everything is CGI, why can't we?

I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.

« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2016, 08:46:49 AM »

Almost. Actually sun isn't on the same distance from your location but the distance is not changing as needed you feel it.
I don't understand what you are saying.

if you near to equator, you feel the sun clearly growing and shrinking.
Appears the same size from sunrise to sunset.  Do you mean it doesn't feel as hot at those two times?

Sometimes we show that the sun grew 2 and 3 times
Again, it appears the same size all day.

but it don't remarkable for other people.

But Extinction shrinking is remarkable for everyone.

« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2016, 01:54:46 PM »
not sure why people are still debating this, it's been 100% disproven

(hence me being on his ignore list)

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2016, 12:42:06 AM »
Maybe this situation forced to US to do something. Obama should clean up this mess before gone.

Grow up and accept that your country's problems are caused by religious infighting.

This is not true. There is no religious infighting here.  Obama said that "all i need some autocratic leaders on middle east" at about 6 months before. So he strongly supporting to auotocracy. Erdogan takes power for that and using every chance to strengthen his power; including the use of religious differences. There is no religious infighting here but  looks like it will happen by Erdoghan's efforts and Obama's supporting.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 12:43:41 AM by İntikam »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Pezevenk

« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2016, 03:51:24 PM »

This is not true. There is no religious infighting here.  Obama said that "all i need some autocratic leaders on middle east" at about 6 months before. So he strongly supporting to auotocracy. Erdogan takes power for that and using every chance to strengthen his power; including the use of religious differences. There is no religious infighting here but  looks like it will happen by Erdoghan's efforts and Obama's supporting.

The USA has no reason to have autocratic leaders in the area, unless they are their pawns, and that doesn't sound realistic.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

MrDebunk

• Chaotic good
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2016, 11:16:43 PM »
Also, any wideo/photo of a Sun without a proper filter is vorth like nothing because of the imperfection of the dewice generating even greater halo than the naked eye.

Yup. Can confirm, when CRS-9 launched I saw a much clearer shape of a flame but the camera caught a lot of glare and there was just a big ball of fire except for a little on the bottom.
M R D E B U N K (the reboot)

Quote from: totallackofintelligence
You sound like shill.