Chicago Skyline Mirage

• 9 Replies
Chicago Skyline Mirage
« on: July 10, 2016, 02:24:52 PM »
Hey guys and gals,
My name is Steve and I live in Northwest Indiana. I live about 2 miles from the Southern shores of Lake Michigan.  I have very recently opened my eyes to the fact that, the earth is not a globe.  In doing some research I have come across a couple different pictures of the Chicago skyline.  In the pictures I've heard several reasons why you can see the skyline at around 55-65 miles away, which would be West of Michigan City's lakefront.  My favorite one, is that it's considered a "mirage" and that you normally can't see the skyline. That it has to me a certain temperature, cloud cover, sun angle, season, etc....I call BS!  I can go down to the beach every day of the week through the summer and see the Chicago skyline.  Heck, I sometimes take pictures of it with my cell phones camera.  No need for a telescopic lens, or to be on top of Mt. Baldy (The area's largest dune). A mirage that is only visible with certain "lucky" conditions? Are you serious? That's the best you can do to explain why on a round earth that you can see across the lake to see the skyline? I'll see if I have a picture from my cell phone to post here. It will be from Washington Park in Michigan City, taken from my car.

Yendor

Re: Chicago Skyline Mirage
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 02:36:09 PM »
Hey guys and gals,
My name is Steve and I live in Northwest Indiana. I live about 2 miles from the Southern shores of Lake Michigan.  I have very recently opened my eyes to the fact that, the earth is not a globe.  In doing some research I have come across a couple different pictures of the Chicago skyline.  In the pictures I've heard several reasons why you can see the skyline at around 55-65 miles away, which would be West of Michigan City's lakefront.  My favorite one, is that it's considered a "mirage" and that you normally can't see the skyline. That it has to me a certain temperature, cloud cover, sun angle, season, etc....I call BS!  I can go down to the beach every day of the week through the summer and see the Chicago skyline.  Heck, I sometimes take pictures of it with my cell phones camera.  No need for a telescopic lens, or to be on top of Mt. Baldy (The area's largest dune). A mirage that is only visible with certain "lucky" conditions? Are you serious? That's the best you can do to explain why on a round earth that you can see across the lake to see the skyline? I'll see if I have a picture from my cell phone to post here. It will be from Washington Park in Michigan City, taken from my car.

You should probably watch this video by Rob Skiba. I think it helps back you up.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                              George Orwell

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 03:02:37 PM »
Hey guys and gals,

Your photos show that only the tops of the taller buildings are visible. Their bases and shorter buildings are below the horizon. This suggests that the earth is indeed a globe.

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 03:04:21 PM »
A simple comparison of screenshots from 7:20 and 20:30 shows that the skyline is absolutely 'sunk' below the horizon when viewed from far away.  Curvature proven.

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 03:19:48 PM »
A mirage that is only visible with certain "lucky" conditions? Are you serious? That's the best you can do to explain why on a round earth that you can see across the lake to see the skyline? I'll see if I have a picture from my cell phone to post here. It will be from Washington Park in Michigan City, taken from my car.
Well if the earth were flat then you'd see all of Chicago all the time.  As it is your photos show most of it is cut off...by the curvature of the earth.

As Washington Park is only 62km from Chicago then you would expect about 250m to be cut off by curvature.  As there are 11 buildings taller than 250m in Chicago, this explains why you can see the tops of several buildings.

I mean, if the earth isn't curved, then where the hell as Chicago gone?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 03:36:27 PM »
take a photo from ground/sea level, y'know.. on the floor.. from the beach/coast

do the test PROPERLY

I bet the skyline's gone ;)

this 'proof' is testable, and fails at testing, it should no longer be used as 'proof of no curve'

curiousGuy

• What are we doing here? Where do we come from?
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2016, 04:26:26 PM »
Rob Skiba proved the curvature, amazing job!

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 06:42:41 AM »
Hey guys and gals,
You should probably watch this video by Rob Skiba. I think it helps back you up.

Yes, his video proves curvature. You should read my 3 posts.

This is FE "science" at its best...
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2016, 12:39:36 PM »
Rob Skiba why did you turned on me? You had such good info on UFOs.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2016, 01:22:04 PM »
Rob Skiba why did you turned on me? You had such good info on UFOs.
He probably cottoned on to the fact there was more click dollars in flat earth shit.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.