Band is in the studio.....

• 31 Replies

getrealzommb

• We do actually live on a ball: But who cares?
Band is in the studio.....
« on: July 09, 2016, 09:19:35 AM »
https://soundcloud.com/adam-edwards-11/yet-to-be-named/s-AhQsg

https://soundcloud.com/adam-edwards-11/yet-to-be-named-2/s-rmh8j

This is 2 tracks from our forthcoming album.
Thoughts on both the track/song writing and the recordings/Mix please. Don't be afraid to be hard on it.

Obviously If it is just not your favorite genre, Don't mock just for the sake of mocking, but you can be as critical as you like about the it as a piece of Alternative Rock
This is my band and my recording/ mixing.

Our 14 track album should be ready by mid September.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 09:24:34 AM by getrealzommb »

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
Re: Band is in the studio.....
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 11:04:42 AM »
My dog plays drums better than the fat bastard you got.

Generally speaking though, needs more cancer.
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 09:18:58 AM »
My dog plays drums better than the fat bastard you got.

Generally speaking though, needs more cancer.

By now I can safely say your opinion doesn't matter.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 01:04:18 PM »
Hi sokarul!

My dog is better at sock-puppeting than you too.

Plus: CANCER!

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 05:24:57 PM »
Hi sokarul!

If you're referring to me then I'm not him. The only other name I run under on forums is "Maccabee". And exactly what does cancer has to do with anything? Anyway I standby my original statement. Your opinion doesn't matter.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 05:35:02 PM »
Hi sokarul!

If you're referring to me then I'm not him. The only other name I run under on forums is "Maccabee". And exactly what does cancer has to do with anything? Anyway I standby my original statement. Your opinion doesn't matter.

It's from an old thing about colon cancer that hasn't went away. It is obvious he has never had a friend before. Or maybe I am just butt hurt a little because I thought him and I had found some sort of middle ground, made some sort of mutual communication friendship. Then pow, he turns on you like a snake someone nursed back to health.

As for get real's original post...sounds good, not the genre  I expected from you though. I just got out of the studio a month ago, though nothing fun just some session work >:(

And don't worry about Legba he just wishes he had a talent in life besides repulsing women and flatulence
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 06:00:03 PM »
I just listened to your music OP. not exactly my taste but its good. Are you the one singing? Anyway my tastes is 99% Christian music and it ranges from soft like this...

...to hard core like this...

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 10:16:15 PM »
Then pow, he turns on you like a snake someone nursed back to health.

Lol you fucking psycho...

My dog tells better lies than you do.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2016, 11:23:08 AM »
Hey getrealzommb.  I am sorry I did not respond sooner, but until today, I had only listened to these on my phone using the built in speaker and did not want to give any criticism based on that.  Today, though, I listened on the built in speaker on my laptop, and it sounds much better.  I will download the songs so I can hear them on a real system, but for now, the only constructive criticism I could possibly think of to say is that, while the vocals and instruments and musicians sound great, I can't help shaking the feeling that I have heard these before.  Don't get me wrong, I could not have recorded anything even approaching this.  I just feel, and I could be wrong, that possibly there is a lot of influence from other songs in play here.  Maybe it is just the retro vibe from the song, and maybe I am just shit at music. 

Anyway, I am going to download and listen to your songs so I can hear them the way they should sound, including the one you PMed me.  I will give you are better assessment when I am done.  Also, you asked for constructive criticism, so don't get mad at me.  I think you are doing a great job. 

getrealzommb

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2016, 11:53:36 AM »
Hey getrealzommb.  I am sorry I did not respond sooner, but until today, I had only listened to these on my phone using the built in speaker and did not want to give any criticism based on that.  Today, though, I listened on the built in speaker on my laptop, and it sounds much better.  I will download the songs so I can hear them on a real system, but for now, the only constructive criticism I could possibly think of to say is that, while the vocals and instruments and musicians sound great, I can't help shaking the feeling that I have heard these before.  Don't get me wrong, I could not have recorded anything even approaching this.  I just feel, and I could be wrong, that possibly there is a lot of influence from other songs in play here.  Maybe it is just the retro vibe from the song, and maybe I am just shit at music. 

Anyway, I am going to download and listen to your songs so I can hear them the way they should sound, including the one you PMed me.  I will give you are better assessment when I am done.  Also, you asked for constructive criticism, so don't get mad at me.  I think you are doing a great job.

Constructive criticism is always welcome. Music inst my career Its just a bit of fun that if we do well, it pays for itself..

I see legba has posted. Not that I even bothered to read his comments as I blocked him, but I imagine its far from constructive anything.

jroa the other track I sent you was from an old band I was in for several years. We did lots of Zeppelin, Fleetwood mac, Hendrix, deep purple type stuff and mixed it all up  in a heavy blues prog rock style.  The guitar player is a genius! we were all just trying to keep up.

I usually have two or three music projects on the go, At the moment I have a pub cover band thing going on and this new project.
The tracks above are from a totally new project I am involved in, We have only been going a few months and have only done a hand full of shows.
These are originals, not covers. however our singer/guitarist is good at writing "familiar sounding" poppy rock songs. And yes they have an old school vibe and some tracks even sound a bit "surf".

Jroa, have you heard this, this could be why it sounds familiar, One song above is almost a play on this chord progresion, but in disguise.

As I am the producer for this upcoming album I like to put a few tracks out pre mastering and test the waters. If we were using a payed studio  I would have a producer offering advice but we are out on our own and in the dark. so have a listen and fire away.

Here's my workspace/playspace
Post your Studio! <Talkbass Edition! v.01>] https://www.talkbass.com/threads/post-your-studio-talkbass-edition-v-01.198575/page-27#post-18945089"]Post your Studio! <Talkbass Edition! v.01>

Everyone who has listened.... Thank you! was there anything that you didn't like? anything stand out like a sore thumb?

The working title of the album is :Orphans of an empire or Urchins of an empire. Which do you prefer?

« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 12:30:27 PM by getrealzommb »

getrealzommb

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2016, 12:02:40 PM »
Hi sokarul!

It's from an old thing about colon cancer that hasn't went away. It is obvious he has never had a friend before. Or maybe I am just butt hurt a little because I thought him and I had found some sort of middle ground, made some sort of mutual communication friendship. Then pow, he turns on you like a snake someone nursed back to health.

As for get real's original post...sounds good, not the genre  I expected from you though. I just got out of the studio a month ago, though nothing fun just some session work >:(

And don't worry about Legba he just wishes he had a talent in life besides repulsing women and flatulence

Do share if you can.

As for the shock of the genre I am currantly playing. Meh... I play all sorts, Rock, Alternative, blues, Metal, Cheesy,  80's hair metal, Punk, Jazz, pop, grunge,50's 60's 70's 80's 90's 00's and new. Sorry no country though. I am a rocker at heart. my all time favorite bands are probably Foofighters, Old chili peppers  and Led zeppelin.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 01:42:17 PM »
Tight, clean, well constructed, voice is on top where it should be.

Asperger related thought processes makes it difficult for me to care what others
are thinking or feeling, so I treat the words like an instrument.
The voice and music complement each other.

I'm listening on a laptop, so I know there is more dynamic range than I am hearing.

7 out of 10. (I don't give 9's). I would love to hear the whole album.

I see legba has posted. Not that I even bothered to read his comments as I blocked him, but I imagine its far from constructive anything.

Imagine a child who has just shit his pants trying to blame the dog. 

getrealzommb

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2016, 01:47:27 PM »

Asperger related thought processes makes it difficult for me to care what others

I'm listening on a laptop, so I know there is more dynamic range than I am hearing.

Thanks for the feedback buddy, I'm sure I will at least preview the finished product to any of you that actually want to listen. for sure you should try and listen on a Bigger system (or decent headphones). Its sounding quite good in my studio.

Hers one more. I realy shouldn't post any more just yet...

https://soundcloud.com/adam-edwards-11/western-feel-unnamed-as-yet/s-yuITV
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 01:52:10 PM by getrealzommb »

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2016, 01:56:14 PM »
My all time favorite bands are probably Foofighters, Old chili peppers  and Led zeppelin.

Solid choices. Good is good.

Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, Beatles. I'm older than you.

My "stranded on a desert island" collection would be
Beethoven's 4th and 8th symphonies. (and an infinite supply of batteries  ;D ).

getrealzommb

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2016, 02:13:58 PM »
My all time favorite bands are probably Foofighters, Old chili peppers  and Led zeppelin.

Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, Beatles. I'm older than you.

My "stranded on a desert island" collection would be
Beethoven's 4th and 8th symphonies. (and an infinite supply of batteries  ;D ).

If I fancy some classical, Bach does it for me better. Toccata and Fugue in D minor is a winner every time.

This is a funny version of it. Who said punk guitar players suck? This Geordy guy is seriously good and very under estimated
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 02:54:13 PM by getrealzommb »

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2016, 02:25:19 PM »
For what ever reason, I could not seem to download the songs into a playable format.  I did, however, cast them to my TV, which gave me a much better listening experience.  Your band is tight, and with only a few little tweaks, I would not be able to discern your songs from a pro recording.  The one you PM'ed me is very long, and I have yet to listen to the entire thing.  However, even though it appears to be a live recording, all of you are spot on.  I am still trying to remember the songs that the OP links remind me of.  They are on the tip of my tongue.

getrealzommb

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2016, 02:49:56 PM »
For what ever reason, I could not seem to download the songs into a playable format.  I did, however, cast them to my TV, which gave me a much better listening experience.  Your band is tight, and with only a few little tweaks, I would not be able to discern your songs from a pro recording.  The one you PM'ed me is very long, and I have yet to listen to the entire thing.  However, even though it appears to be a live recording, all of you are spot on.  I am still trying to remember the songs that the OP links remind me of.  They are on the tip of my tongue.

Thanks muchly, Nice to know were doing a solid job. I made them not downloadable as they arn't finished as yet, a few tweaks and then they will be sent of for mastering. I will preview the finished album to anyone it wants to hear it in September.

Haha, good luck with the ones on the tip of your tongue. I felt exactly the same when the guitarist was jamming them out a couple of months ago.... I still feel they are on the tip of my tongue, but nothing comes.  its Bizarre

yeah that one I PM.d (jroa and bullwickle) is a monster. just listen when you have time, if you want to. Its live!

For those doubting my legitimacy. This is another project I was in a few years ago (excuse the crap video) but the credits at the end are proof enough.

and a current project (pub covers band)

« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 03:08:55 PM by getrealzommb »

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2016, 03:04:59 PM »

Thanks for the feedback buddy, I'm sure I will at least preview the finished product to any of you that actually want to listen. for sure you should try and listen on a Bigger system (or decent headphones). Its sounding quite good in my studio.

Hers one more. I realy shouldn't post any more just yet...

I'm a graphic artist. I know what it is like to expose your work
to criticism.

Best one I got... "I don't know why I don't like it, I just don't like it."
Um, I'll get right to work on those revisions?   ::)   (I dropped the client.)

One thing that stands out about your sound;
I can hear the band play the music.
Like I can see the band.

Sublime has that quality.

getrealzommb

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2016, 03:27:48 PM »

to criticism.

Like I can see the band.

:o thanks a lot pal.  :D Were not perfect though, but good enough I feel.
I have been in the music game a long time. (first gig at 14) Its fickle as is any kind of art
Ignore the extreme detractors, is how I cope. Some people just want to poke holes. If they can give reasons, then fair enough. If they cant..... fuck em :P

I'm no graphic designer, but i make a lot of the bands posters and stuff on Photoshop and Illustrator, Google "sons of yoda" and go to the pictures tab to see some results. Not bad for an armature. I just wish I could make modern clean looking ones...

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2016, 03:50:36 PM »

to criticism.

Like I can see the band.

:o thanks a lot pal.

That got fucked up in translation...

It was a critique that I once received.

getrealzommb

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2016, 03:56:13 PM »
I understood you  ;D

I was quite flattered by:
Quote from: Bullwinkle
Like I can see the band.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 03:58:06 PM by getrealzommb »

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2016, 02:37:02 AM »

Do share if you can.

I don't want to post any of my personal stuff as it is not copyrighted yet.

Here are just a few examples

This is un mixed and many changes will be made, just did a quick run through for arrangement purposes. Made per request, no vocals..I played all instruments, did everything but the engineering.
https://app.box.com/s/qavr6d4hidvfs1mhx6xl44minjrlcizq

This was actually made for a video game a few years ago, very metal lol...
https://app.box.com/s/znhhn4f9h1eg5oaufvcua94d9x6vy8k2

I really don't know what to post really, I have things from full classical arrangements, to piano etudes, to full metal to light rock and anything in between. Only thing, you won't catch me working with country lol.

My personal stuff is a mix of everything I do and very dear to me, yet also the slowest moving snail. Maybe someone will complete them after my death ha ha.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 02:40:36 AM by Babyhighspeed »
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

getrealzommb

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2016, 09:38:46 AM »

Do share if you can.

This is un mixed and many changes will be made, just did a quick run through for arrangement purposes. Made per request, no vocals..I played all instruments, did everything but the engineering.

I really don't know what to post really, I have things from full classical arrangements, to piano etudes, to full metal to light rock and anything in between. Only thing, you won't catch me working with country lol.

My personal stuff is a mix of everything I do and very dear to me, yet also the slowest moving snail. Maybe someone will complete them after my death ha ha.

I enjoyed the second one a lot.  \nn/ very metal.

A simple way to copyrite is pop your stuff on a disk or pen drive, put it in a jiffy bag with the title of the content written on it and mail it to yourself but do not open it.  You then have a date stamp on it that you can use in court to prove you own the idea from at least that date. Apparently according to a Law friend of mine, although not official, this would stand up in court.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2016, 04:55:05 PM »

Do share if you can.

I enjoyed the second one a lot.  \nn/ very metal.

A simple way to copyrite is pop your stuff on a disk or pen drive, put it in a jiffy bag with the title of the content written on it and mail it to yourself but do not open it.  You then have a date stamp on it that you can use in court to prove you own the idea from at least that date. Apparently according to a Law friend of mine, although not official, this would stand up in court.

You can mail an unsealed envelope.
If there is nothing inside, nothing can fall out.

Fill it with whatever you want to later and then seal it up.

Also, if nobody has ever heard it, hard to claim it was copied.

getrealzommb

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2016, 12:36:05 PM »
Jroa.... Have those songs fallen off the tip of your tongue yet??

Warning to all, soon (next 48 hours) I will have to pull the sound cloud files down as these tracks are due for mastering and are featuring on an album to be released in September.

So if you haven't heard um yet and fancy a sneak preview.... Do it now....

https://soundcloud.com/adam-edwards-11/yet-to-be-named/s-AhQsg

https://soundcloud.com/adam-edwards-11/yet-to-be-named-2/s-rmh8j

getrealzommb

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2016, 09:40:18 AM »
Right I have 1 last treat for you all. A song inspired by this forum performed by my band in my studio is very close to finished

Ill have the final mix done in the next hour..... And not only is it inspired by this forum; its sounding ace!

Keep em peeled in the next few hours, its gonna be up for just 1 day, then the tracks are off for mastering. Ill make a separate thread for it. I'm hoping to hear lots of opinions.  8)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 10:39:23 AM by getrealzommb »

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2016, 12:11:04 PM »
I'd like to listen to these on something other than my tablet so that I have an honest first impression--  so I haven't listened yet. Kudos to you for creating something and putting it out there. The world needs more ambitious young people.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

getrealzommb

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2016, 12:33:21 PM »
I'd like to listen to these on something other than my tablet so that I have an honest first impression--  so I haven't listened yet. Kudos to you for creating something and putting it out there. The world needs more ambitious young people.

Hey just stick in some headphones... I put lil' extra Easter eggs in in the mix for headphone users.

Its alternative rock, and we are quite dynamic volume wise, so be careful with the volume knob 
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 12:39:05 PM by getrealzommb »

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2016, 07:44:52 PM »
I like it Zomb, will buy your album when it comes out no doubt.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2016, 11:33:13 AM »
Well, they do not seem to be available anymore.  Let us know when we can buy them.   :'(