6 (6.6%)
He is the wild card we need
50 (54.9%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Why do you support donald trump

• 22433 Replies
Re: Why do you support donald trump
« Reply #20580 on: June 22, 2021, 06:16:16 PM »
The risk of lawsuits and criminal charges to future potus must outweighs the the risk of another jackass being elected and causing havoc.

Lorddave

« Reply #20581 on: June 22, 2021, 09:12:22 PM »
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/bidens-justice-dept-may-defend-trump-capitol-riot-lawsuits-2021-06-22/

Biden’s Justice Dept may defend Trump in Capitol riot lawsuits

WASHINGTON, June 22 (Reuters) - Former U.S. President Donald Trump may have an unlikely ally to defend him against lawsuits alleging he incited the U.S. Capitol insurrection: President Joe Biden’s Justice Department.

The Biden administration paved the way for that possibility, say constitutional scholars and lawyers in the cases, by arguing in an unrelated defamation case against Trump that presidents enjoy sweeping immunity for their comments while in office - and the right to a defense by government lawyers. Biden’s Justice Department used that rationale in a surprise decision this month to continue defending Trump in a case filed by E. Jean Carroll, who contends Trump raped her 25 years ago and then lied about it while in office, defaming her.

That decision reaffirms the position the department took under the Trump administration. And it has profound implications for several ongoing lawsuits, including one filed by two U.S. Capitol Police officers seeking to hold Trump liable for injuries they suffered defending the building in the Jan. 6 attack.

Attorney Philip Andonian said he fears the Justice Department, under the same legal rationale, will also defend Trump in a case Andonian is pursuing on behalf of U.S. Representative Eric Swalwell, a California Democrat. Swalwell alleges Trump incited the deadly Jan. 6 riot in an effort to stop Congress from performing its duty to certify Biden as the election winner. Andonian called the logic behind the department’s decision to defend Trump against Carroll’s defamation suit “alarming.”

The Justice Department appears to put no limits on immunity for speech by a sitting president on any matter considered “of public concern,” Andonian said.

The Justice Department declined to comment on whether it would use the same argument as a basis for intervening in the other lawsuits Trump faces. The White House did not respond to a request for comment but has previously said it had no role in the department’s decision on whether to defend Trump in the Carroll case or others.

BlueAnon is very unhappy right now.

So does this mean Trump really did those things and Biden wants to cover it up?
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #20582 on: June 23, 2021, 06:58:24 AM »
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/bidens-justice-dept-may-defend-trump-capitol-riot-lawsuits-2021-06-22/

Biden’s Justice Dept may defend Trump in Capitol riot lawsuits

WASHINGTON, June 22 (Reuters) - Former U.S. President Donald Trump may have an unlikely ally to defend him against lawsuits alleging he incited the U.S. Capitol insurrection: President Joe Biden’s Justice Department.

The Biden administration paved the way for that possibility, say constitutional scholars and lawyers in the cases, by arguing in an unrelated defamation case against Trump that presidents enjoy sweeping immunity for their comments while in office - and the right to a defense by government lawyers. Biden’s Justice Department used that rationale in a surprise decision this month to continue defending Trump in a case filed by E. Jean Carroll, who contends Trump raped her 25 years ago and then lied about it while in office, defaming her.

That decision reaffirms the position the department took under the Trump administration. And it has profound implications for several ongoing lawsuits, including one filed by two U.S. Capitol Police officers seeking to hold Trump liable for injuries they suffered defending the building in the Jan. 6 attack.

Attorney Philip Andonian said he fears the Justice Department, under the same legal rationale, will also defend Trump in a case Andonian is pursuing on behalf of U.S. Representative Eric Swalwell, a California Democrat. Swalwell alleges Trump incited the deadly Jan. 6 riot in an effort to stop Congress from performing its duty to certify Biden as the election winner. Andonian called the logic behind the department’s decision to defend Trump against Carroll’s defamation suit “alarming.”

The Justice Department appears to put no limits on immunity for speech by a sitting president on any matter considered “of public concern,” Andonian said.

The Justice Department declined to comment on whether it would use the same argument as a basis for intervening in the other lawsuits Trump faces. The White House did not respond to a request for comment but has previously said it had no role in the department’s decision on whether to defend Trump in the Carroll case or others.

BlueAnon is very unhappy right now.

So does this mean Trump really did those things and Biden wants to cover it up?
It seems strange that the DOJ, who normally prosecutes, would be the legal defense for a president.  It seems that the White House should employ legal counsel in order to provide for legal defense, similar to how government agencies do.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #20583 on: June 23, 2021, 08:47:49 AM »
It seems strange that the DOJ, who normally prosecutes, would be the legal defense for a president.  It seems that the White House should employ legal counsel in order to provide for legal defense, similar to how government agencies do.
Haven't you ever heard the police tell someone during an arrest that if they can't afford a lawyer, then one will be provided? 
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #20584 on: June 25, 2021, 04:54:30 PM »

For anyone needing a Trump fix. lol
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #20585 on: June 26, 2021, 09:22:38 AM »
Next week will be interesting to watch and see who gets arrested.   I'm betting it will be the Weiselberg types get arrested to pressure them to flip on Trump and his crooked family.

https://www.voanews.com/usa/trumps-company-could-face-criminal-charges-new-york-city

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #20586 on: June 26, 2021, 07:00:55 PM »

I checked in on the rally, and the crowd was chanting "lock her up" but I don't know who they want to lock up. lol
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #20587 on: June 26, 2021, 07:31:37 PM »

I checked in on the rally, and the crowd was chanting "lock her up" but I don't know who they want to lock up. lol
Kamala, who else?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #20588 on: June 26, 2021, 09:39:47 PM »
The Statue of Liberty?
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Lorddave

« Reply #20589 on: June 27, 2021, 03:13:31 AM »

Lol.
So Trump is just pulling a 2016,  hoping it still works?
Then it actually works?

Like... Are his followers stuck in 2016?

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #20590 on: June 27, 2021, 03:26:46 AM »

Like... Are his followers stuck in 2016?
When fans go to a gig they want the old classics.  The last thing anyone wants to hear is Trump going "and now for some new material we've been working on"
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #20591 on: June 30, 2021, 10:10:10 PM »
Next week will be interesting to watch and see who gets arrested.   I'm betting it will be the Weiselberg types get arrested to pressure them to flip on Trump and his crooked family.

https://www.voanews.com/usa/trumps-company-could-face-criminal-charges-new-york-city

Ok so Weisselberg gets indicted.   The burning question is will he flip.  My gut feel is he will hang tough until the very last minute before he gets put into a cell with Bubba....   

A grand jury in Manhattan has indicted Donald J. Trump’s family business, the Trump Organization, and one of its top executives in connection with a tax investigation into fringe benefits handed out at the company, people familiar with the matter said on Wednesday.

The specific charges against the company and its chief financial officer, Allen H. Weisselberg, were not immediately clear. The indictment was expected to be unsealed Thursday afternoon after Mr. Weisselberg and lawyers for the Trump Organization appear in court.

But prosecutors in the Manhattan district attorney’s office have been examining bonuses and luxury perks that Mr. Weisselberg received — including an apartment in Manhattan, leased Mercedes-Benz cars and private school tuition for at least one of his grandchildren — and whether taxes should have been paid on those benefits.

The indictment is a major development in the investigation led by the district attorney, Cyrus R. Vance, Jr., who has been conducting a sweeping inquiry into Mr. Trump and his business dealings along with the New York State attorney general, Letitia James.

« Reply #20592 on: July 01, 2021, 03:49:17 AM »

Ok so Weisselberg gets indicted.   The burning question is will he flip.  My gut feel is he will hang tough until the very last minute before he gets put into a cell with Bubba....   

A grand jury in Manhattan has indicted Donald J. Trump’s family business, the Trump Organization, and one of its top executives in connection with a tax investigation into fringe benefits handed out at the company, people familiar with the matter said on Wednesday.

The specific charges against the company and its chief financial officer, Allen H. Weisselberg, were not immediately clear. The indictment was expected to be unsealed Thursday afternoon after Mr. Weisselberg and lawyers for the Trump Organization appear in court.

But prosecutors in the Manhattan district attorney’s office have been examining bonuses and luxury perks that Mr. Weisselberg received — including an apartment in Manhattan, leased Mercedes-Benz cars and private school tuition for at least one of his grandchildren — and whether taxes should have been paid on those benefits.

The indictment is a major development in the investigation led by the district attorney, Cyrus R. Vance, Jr., who has been conducting a sweeping inquiry into Mr. Trump and his business dealings along with the New York State attorney general, Letitia James.
LMFAO!

Everybody knows it was really the Russkies!

Jesus, you suck.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #20593 on: July 01, 2021, 07:47:58 AM »

From what I read a ways back is that the flip tactic by Vance and Co is not necessarily scaring Weisselberg with Bubba as a bunkmate, but to pinch his Son (Maybe Sons?) as the pressure point. Apparently, one son was the manager of the Trump (cash only) skating rink and made like $200k a year. His kid's private schooling was paid for by Trump, his car, his flat, all gifted by Trump. Which would, I guess, be considered compensation of some sort, therefore taxable, though it was not.

The son got divorced and his ex handed over all of their financial records to Vance. So while the elder Weisselberg may be ok with doing the dime, he may want to protect his kids.

But, like everything else, Teflon Don will probably skate through this as well and his supporters will be further emboldened as their dear leader has again survived yet another MAGA witch-hunt™.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #20594 on: July 07, 2021, 06:18:05 PM »
https://thehill.com/policy/technology/561818-trump-to-sue-facebook-twitter-ceos-report

Former President Trump is reportedly planning to sue the CEOs of Twitter and Facebook after the platforms took action to suspend and ban his accounts over posts he made in response to the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol.

The former president plans to announce a class-action lawsuit on Wednesday against Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, Axios reported Wednesday, citing unnamed sources.

Trump is scheduled on Wednesday to make an announcement about “efforts to protect Americans’ First Amendment rights” at 11 a.m.

I wonder who will be joining him in the lawsuit.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #20595 on: July 07, 2021, 07:03:14 PM »
https://thehill.com/policy/technology/561818-trump-to-sue-facebook-twitter-ceos-report

Former President Trump is reportedly planning to sue the CEOs of Twitter and Facebook after the platforms took action to suspend and ban his accounts over posts he made in response to the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol.

The former president plans to announce a class-action lawsuit on Wednesday against Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, Axios reported Wednesday, citing unnamed sources.

Trump is scheduled on Wednesday to make an announcement about “efforts to protect Americans’ First Amendment rights” at 11 a.m.

I wonder who will be joining him in the lawsuit.

It's just another case of MAGA's trying to be portrayed as the victims.   As much as I dislike Facebook/Twitter/Google,  they have every right to kick off whoever they want. 

I've already got several emails scamming for funding...

President Trump’s lawsuit may determine whether or not we’re all beholden to a handful of Silicon Valley Elites, and when the stakes are this high, it’s critical that YOU are on the right side of history!

Contribute ANY AMOUNT IMMEDIATELY to show your support for President Trump and his important lawsuit.

LOL,  don't forget  http://gettr.com  Trump's latest social media failure. 
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 07:06:32 PM by JerkFace »

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #20596 on: July 07, 2021, 07:15:08 PM »
Last I heard trump isn't actually on gettr.

This lawsuit seems like a brilliant way to scam his followers and distract from his criminal indictment.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #20597 on: July 07, 2021, 07:24:06 PM »
Can't companies kinda make their own rules for inclusion as long as they are not discriminatory (perhaps that's the Trump angle, a discrimination gambit)?

Ala:

Lorddave

« Reply #20598 on: July 08, 2021, 12:07:20 AM »
Can't companies kinda make their own rules for inclusion as long as they are not discriminatory (perhaps that's the Trump angle, a discrimination gambit)?

Ala:

Yep.
And political views are not a protected class.
So he literally has no case.

Also first amendment doesn't apply with regards to private entities.  If Walmart wants to kick you out of the store because you keep complaining about the labor, you can't sue them.

Anyone who reads and understands the constitution knows this.
So... Not Trump supporters.

« Reply #20599 on: July 08, 2021, 02:16:49 AM »
This law suit is just another form of virtue signalling.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #20600 on: July 08, 2021, 05:17:07 AM »
They hate Big Tech, but they like homophobic bakeries.
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

« Reply #20601 on: July 08, 2021, 06:58:01 AM »
hate Big Tech, but they like homophobic bakeries.
There's a bumper sticker.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #20602 on: July 08, 2021, 11:27:51 AM »

>:D

« Reply #20603 on: July 08, 2021, 11:35:37 AM »
Don Quijote came to his senses by the end of the book. We can only hope Trump does the same and stops embarrassing himself.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #20604 on: July 08, 2021, 12:01:03 PM »
Quixote didn't have 75 million blithering idiots who were willing to finance his windmill crusade.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #20605 on: July 08, 2021, 01:11:31 PM »

>:D

The most disturbing part of this picture is that horse is biting on the bit. Makes my teeth hurt just looking at it. Trump is a monster if he rides a horse with that kind of sloppy tack.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #20606 on: July 09, 2021, 07:50:08 AM »
The thread, I think, does a good job explaining some Trump support https://twitter.com/martyrmade/status/1413165168956088321?s=20  If you'd rather read it like a blog post https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1413165168956088321.html

This doesn't mean I think everything in the thread is true, I have no way of knowing if some of it is or not, but I do completely understand the feelings about the media. I understand the feelings about the govt in general.

Lorddave

« Reply #20607 on: July 09, 2021, 08:21:16 AM »
The thread, I think, does a good job explaining some Trump support https://twitter.com/martyrmade/status/1413165168956088321?s=20  If you'd rather read it like a blog post https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1413165168956088321.html

This doesn't mean I think everything in the thread is true, I have no way of knowing if some of it is or not, but I do completely understand the feelings about the media. I understand the feelings about the govt in general.

Following that... Yeah, I can see why they'd follow the only guy who wants to burn it down.
But using an asshole to take down an asshole still leaves you covered in shit.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #20608 on: July 09, 2021, 08:36:39 AM »

That's an interesting blog. Most of it isn't true, it's right wing propaganda disguised as an opinion piece, pushing most of their talking points. None of it is anything that hasn't been yelled from the rooftops for years, but it's interesting to see it all pulled together and show what the narrative they want you to believe is.

It completely ignores the fact that so many conservatives distrust the government and media in the first place because elected Republicans have been telling them "government bad" and "media liberal" for decades now. Same with the election. Republicans go on TV and say it was stolen, then demand investigations because their constituents are upset about it being stolen. Really.

Lots of misinformation in there, like forgetting to mention that Fusion GPS was initially hired by Republicans, and Democrats started working with them a few months later. It's all a complicated mess, but calling it purely Democrat opposition research is just false.

It's also an outright lie that the FBI investigated the collusion solely on the Steel dossier. I could go on, but there are just far too many lies and disinformation in there to list.

But it's a good idea of how the average conservative thinks, or has been led to think.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #20609 on: July 09, 2021, 09:15:58 AM »
It doesn't read so much like real reasons as it seems like post hoc rationalization for their preconceived opinions.

One theme stuck out to me, that they ever seriously considered any of the accusations against trump. If that were the case then his approval polls would reflect it. But the only time it really dipped was after Charlottesville.