50 (54.9%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Why do you support donald trump

• 22433 Replies

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Re: Why do you support donald trump
« Reply #20550 on: June 09, 2021, 06:43:37 AM »
A presidents policies don't matter if they are lying about them and are just a selfish narcissist who will throw his own votes under the bus if it means he personally profits.

This is literally every politician before an election. Just lies, spin and fluff. It's 'who can word play the swinging voters the best'. The party already knows it has the rusted on supporters no matter what they say, its just getting that 5-10% of swinging voters. And they will say and promise anything to get them.

Once their in, they have no reason to follow through anymore. They got what they want

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #20551 on: June 09, 2021, 07:16:00 AM »
“But Zuckerberg kept calling me and coming to the White House for dinner telling me how great I was.”

Did he just admit that he should have banned Facebook but didn't because Zuckerberg told him how great he was?
Did he just admit that Zuckerberg could get away with inviting himself to the White House for dinner with the president whenever he wanted? ??? :o
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #20552 on: June 09, 2021, 08:06:48 AM »

And as for why I voted for Trump, I've already made that clear -- slight preference for policies, that's all. I prefer Biden as a person, but I don't vote for a person -- I vote for a President. And I preferred a President like Trump in terms of policy.
He had policies?!?  Which ones was he running on in the last election?  Serious question.

In 2016, something about a wall.  Brown people are bad.  Also more guns and less abortions.  It's appalling stuff but it is an idea for governing.

In 2020, well none really.  I'm surprised that Trump supporters didn't notice this.  Most of his TV appearances were complaining about how unfair everything was and how much of a victim he is.  He really didn't promise anything for his second term.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #20553 on: June 09, 2021, 08:11:10 AM »
2016 you forgot down with healthcare, drain the swamp, no red tape, bring back jobs.

2020 promises made promises kept - "red tape" for oil, mining and vaccine.
Thats it.

« Reply #20554 on: June 09, 2021, 09:42:09 AM »
In 2020, well none really.  I'm surprised that Trump supporters didn't notice this.  Most of his TV appearances were complaining about how unfair everything was and how much of a victim he is.  He really didn't promise anything for his second term.
Neither side gave a shit about policies.    One side was voting for Trump and the other for Not Trump.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #20555 on: June 09, 2021, 01:06:56 PM »
Neither side gave a shit about policies.    One side was voting for Trump and the other for Not Trump.

There is that.  I suppose the idea of policies had their place in the primaries.

The general election was about fear.  And it turns out that fear was justified.  Trump really was and continues to be a threat to democracy.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #20556 on: June 09, 2021, 01:10:49 PM »
https://doioig.opengov.ibmcloud.com/sites/doioig.gov/files/Final%20Statement_0.pdf

This report presents a thorough, independent examination of that evidence to assess the USPP’s decision making and operations, including a detailed timeline of relevant actions and an analysis of whether the USPP’s actions complied with governing policies. The evidence we reviewed showed that the USPP cleared the park to allow a contractor to safely install antiscale fencing in response to destruction of Federal property and injury to officers that occurred on May 30 and May 31. Moreover, the evidence established that relevant USPP officials had made those decisions and had begun implementing the operational plan several hours before they knew of a potential Presidential visit to the park, which occurred later that day. As such, we determined that the evidence did not support a finding that the USPP cleared the park on June 1, 2020, so that then President Trump could enter the park.

I imagine the media will pretend they never made everyone believe that Trump ordered the peaceful protestors to be gassed and shot with rubber bullets so that he could have his bible photo op.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #20557 on: June 09, 2021, 01:19:06 PM »
Quote from: Crouton
something about a wall.  Brown people are bad.  Also more guns and less abortions.  It's appalling stuff

Can you describe more about your utopia which involves less guns, more abortions, no border wall, and where illegal immigration is welcomed with open arms?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 02:19:23 PM by Tom Bishop »

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #20558 on: June 09, 2021, 01:32:59 PM »
something about a wall.  Brown people are bad.  Also more guns and less abortions.  It's appalling stuff

Can you describe more about your utiopia which involves less guns, more abortions, no border wall, and where illegal immigration is welcomed with open arms?

I don't know how I can convince you of this but the whole "open borders" thing is really a minority opinion on the left.  I want the border defended.  But I don't want to treat every starving peasant running from their life from murderous drug cartels like they're hardened criminals.

I don't necessarily want less guns.  Just smarter gun laws combined with handling mental health issues.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #20559 on: June 09, 2021, 04:13:55 PM »

Can you describe more about your utopia which involves less guns, more abortions, no border wall, and where illegal immigration is welcomed with open arms?

Sure. It's a place where women don't have to die because they can't get a legal abortion, where 40,000 people don't die from gun violence every year, and with a sane immigration policy that allows enough legal immigrants in to fill the jobs we need them for and isn't half filled by racist woman-hating violent idiots who vote for a guy who can't put his pants on right.  :P

Lorddave

« Reply #20560 on: June 09, 2021, 09:39:08 PM »
https://doioig.opengov.ibmcloud.com/sites/doioig.gov/files/Final%20Statement_0.pdf

This report presents a thorough, independent examination of that evidence to assess the USPP’s decision making and operations, including a detailed timeline of relevant actions and an analysis of whether the USPP’s actions complied with governing policies. The evidence we reviewed showed that the USPP cleared the park to allow a contractor to safely install antiscale fencing in response to destruction of Federal property and injury to officers that occurred on May 30 and May 31. Moreover, the evidence established that relevant USPP officials had made those decisions and had begun implementing the operational plan several hours before they knew of a potential Presidential visit to the park, which occurred later that day. As such, we determined that the evidence did not support a finding that the USPP cleared the park on June 1, 2020, so that then President Trump could enter the park.

I imagine the media will pretend they never made everyone believe that Trump ordered the peaceful protestors to be gassed and shot with rubber bullets so that he could have his bible photo op.

Well THAT would have been nice to know beforehand.
I'm almost surprised no one saw the optics of it before since it was scheduled.
Like "The contractors are building a fence so we should do the photo op tomorrow" instead of "Oh hey, the park's clear.  Lets go now."
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #20561 on: June 09, 2021, 09:52:58 PM »

Well THAT would have been nice to know beforehand.
I'm almost surprised no one saw the optics of it before since it was scheduled.
Like "The contractors are building a fence so we should do the photo op tomorrow" instead of "Oh hey, the park's clear.  Lets go now."

I don't know.  I'm getting a sort of covering their ass vibe here.  Trump just happened to be going to a church to hold a bible upside down with a bunch of generals and law enforcement at the same time?  Surely he must have been aware of rowdy protesters.  Was he planning on just walking through them?  That's some great luck that they happened to be clearing out the protesters for a completely unrelated matter.

« Reply #20562 on: June 10, 2021, 01:50:48 AM »

I see you don't just reserve your strawman bullshit to flat earth arguments.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #20563 on: June 10, 2021, 06:25:01 AM »

If you play the pronoun game and just say "he/him," then it's 100% unclear whether you're talking about Biden or Trump.

Neither of them advertised their campaign as anything other than, "I'm not the other guy!"
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #20564 on: June 10, 2021, 07:57:55 AM »

If you play the pronoun game and just say "he/him," then it's 100% unclear whether you're talking about Biden or Trump.

Neither of them advertised their campaign as anything other than, "I'm not the other guy!"

Um... there's some truth to this.  Biden had this obnoxious pattern of not really saying what his specific goals are all that much and focusing on standard politician platitudes. 

His current agenda seems to be a combination of whatever is popular with the democrats right now implemented by a very centrist president.  Not necessarily a bad thing.  I actually like Biden more than I thought I would. 

But Trump, in 2020, was worse on this.  It was rarely anything but complaining about being investigated and impeached.

If you look at him in 2016 and if someone asked you what is this guy going to do if he's elected then you would say, "oh he's the wall guy".  Bernie Sanders was the medicare for all guy.  Yang was the UBI guy.  Biden was.... not Trump I guess.

« Reply #20565 on: June 10, 2021, 08:00:13 AM »
Um... there's some truth to this.  Biden had this obnoxious pattern of not really saying what his specific goals are all that much and focusing on standard politician platitudes. 

I'm sure his people were telling him he'd win on the basis of just Not Being Trump and not to start confusing people with any policy talk.

It's all about the feelz these days.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #20566 on: June 10, 2021, 08:21:49 AM »

I'm sure his people were telling him he'd win on the basis of just Not Being Trump and not to start confusing people with any policy talk.

It's all about the feelz these days.

Whatever keeps him from trending negatively on Twitter is the policy!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #20567 on: June 10, 2021, 11:55:50 AM »
His current agenda seems to be a combination of whatever is popular with the democrats right now implemented by a very centrist president.  Not necessarily a bad thing.  I actually like Biden more than I thought I would. 

Essentially.

That, and taking credit for things the Trump administration set in motion or for things that aren't really what they appear to be, like the dramatic and sudden increase in available jobs due to the COVID-19 pandemic finally getting under control. Biden didn't really create jobs, not at any significant rate -- he just positioned himself to lay the claim to the credit, as any smart politician would.
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #20568 on: June 10, 2021, 01:33:21 PM »

Essentially.

That, and taking credit for things the Trump administration set in motion or for things that aren't really what they appear to be, like the dramatic and sudden increase in available jobs due to the COVID-19 pandemic finally getting under control. Biden didn't really create jobs, not at any significant rate -- he just positioned himself to lay the claim to the credit, as any smart politician would.

Why can't he take credit for some of that? Trump was 100% hands off anything related to COVID, leaving it all up to the states, not planning, not taking charge or preparing in any way.

Biden pushed for getting the vaccine into peoples arms, doing a 180 on the governments total inaction and actually pushing for proper mask use and getting your shot.

Trump on the other hand even in December still hid the fact he even got the shot, still only grudgingly made a few kinda "wear a mask" statements and still continued to downplay it.  If Trump had won we likely would not be as far along in our recovery because we would have had nobody doing any of those things.

If we would have had anyone other than Trump at the start we likely wouldn't have half a million dead.  Remember, the whole anti-mask and COVID is a hoax bullshit was Trump politicizing it. People didn't hate masks before it suddenly was necessary to hate them to show your support to the child who kept saying it was a hoax.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #20569 on: June 10, 2021, 02:46:45 PM »

Essentially.

I actually haven't heard much news about available jobs.  Most of the noise I attempts to paint the narrative that Biden has pumped too much money into the economy and now we have inflation and people that don't want to work so companies are having problems hiring.

The inflation fears are overblown.  Most of the price increases can be directly attributed to supply chain issues caused by covid.  I really don't have enough information to assess the claims that too much unemployment money is hurting businesses.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #20570 on: June 10, 2021, 09:39:31 PM »
The best thing Biden has going for him is that he's not a corrupt criminal con-man who owes 100's of millions to the Russian Mob.  Plus he doesn't give cushy jobs to his kids and put some obscure wedding planner into top governent jobs.   Although it's apparently Trump standard practice to promote people into positions that they aren't qualified for so that they owe a debt of loyalty to Trump to keep their positions.

That aside.  I think Biden is failing to get his agenda passed through a Senate that's becoming more like a Qanon convention with every passing day.

I got 5 GOP emails today,  all promising to stop those radical communists and pleading for cash..
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 09:41:39 PM by JerkFace »
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Lorddave

« Reply #20571 on: June 10, 2021, 11:36:41 PM »
  I really don't have enough information to assess the claims that too much unemployment money is hurting businesses.

Its accurate but only in relation to low wage jobs.  Like, why work for below minimum wage with tips when unemployment lets you, ya know, live.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #20572 on: June 11, 2021, 06:41:13 AM »
  I really don't have enough information to assess the claims that too much unemployment money is hurting businesses.

Its accurate but only in relation to low wage jobs.  Like, why work for below minimum wage with tips when unemployment lets you, ya know, live.
This is also why you see places offering signing bonuses, referral bonuses, and increasing their wages.  People are seeing what it feels like to be paid a living wage and no longer want to work at poverty level wage jobs.  The worker shortage is likely to end soon in most red states, as their governors are ending the federal portion of unemployment benefits.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #20573 on: June 11, 2021, 09:06:01 AM »

This is also why you see places offering signing bonuses, referral bonuses, and increasing their wages.  People are seeing what it feels like to be paid a living wage and no longer want to work at poverty level wage jobs.  The worker shortage is likely to end soon in most red states, as their governors are ending the federal portion of unemployment benefits.

Maybe, maybe not.

What happens if a lot of workers in red stats decide to go to blue states where they can make more?

Also don't forget that people on unemployment is only part of the reason. Some are simply picking higher paying jobs. Why work for crap pay as a dishwasher or waiter when you can get a better paying job elsewhere?

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #20574 on: June 11, 2021, 09:45:06 AM »

Maybe, maybe not.

What happens if a lot of workers in red stats decide to go to blue states where they can make more?

Also don't forget that people on unemployment is only part of the reason. Some are simply picking higher paying jobs. Why work for crap pay as a dishwasher or waiter when you can get a better paying job elsewhere?
If they make more, they tend to also pay more to live in that state.  Regardless, they would be forced to get a job whether in a red state or blue state since they are on unemployment in a red state ending the federal unemployment benefits.

The better paying job part is very plausible.  Some people have had a year plus being out of work, this is plenty of time to train in new skills and find better employment.  Though some of the people that needed that chance the most were deemed essential, such as grocery workers and fast food employees.

There is obviously no single cause to the worker shortage we are currently seeing. Rather it is contributions from multiple things, workers not wanting to waste their time on poverty wages and unemployment benefits paying more than a lot of jobs being two key factors to it.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #20575 on: June 11, 2021, 11:51:09 AM »
The low paying employers want to cry about not having enough workers, but they still won't hire people on full time. My sister is working two jobs and not even getting 40 hours.

Lorddave

« Reply #20576 on: June 12, 2021, 12:53:19 AM »
The low paying employers want to cry about not having enough workers, but they still won't hire people on full time. My sister is working two jobs and not even getting 40 hours.

Because they'd have to offer health insurance.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #20577 on: June 12, 2021, 07:00:00 AM »

Because they'd have to offer health insurance.

Exactly! Most of these companies don't care about employee turnover, because it doesn't require great skill to run a register, and it's cheaper to constantly have new employees they don't have to give any benefits to.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #20578 on: June 12, 2021, 08:29:48 AM »
Underemployment is a huge problem. Of course no one measures that metric (well they probably do they just don't advertise it) but working even 1 hour a week or just being 'on the books' is enough to make the 'unemployment rate' look low

So while the unemployment rate looks nice a low for the government to boast about, the reality is that a lot of people just do not have enough work to make enough to get by.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #20579 on: June 22, 2021, 03:06:41 PM »
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/bidens-justice-dept-may-defend-trump-capitol-riot-lawsuits-2021-06-22/

Biden’s Justice Dept may defend Trump in Capitol riot lawsuits

WASHINGTON, June 22 (Reuters) - Former U.S. President Donald Trump may have an unlikely ally to defend him against lawsuits alleging he incited the U.S. Capitol insurrection: President Joe Biden’s Justice Department.

The Biden administration paved the way for that possibility, say constitutional scholars and lawyers in the cases, by arguing in an unrelated defamation case against Trump that presidents enjoy sweeping immunity for their comments while in office - and the right to a defense by government lawyers. Biden’s Justice Department used that rationale in a surprise decision this month to continue defending Trump in a case filed by E. Jean Carroll, who contends Trump raped her 25 years ago and then lied about it while in office, defaming her.

That decision reaffirms the position the department took under the Trump administration. And it has profound implications for several ongoing lawsuits, including one filed by two U.S. Capitol Police officers seeking to hold Trump liable for injuries they suffered defending the building in the Jan. 6 attack.

Attorney Philip Andonian said he fears the Justice Department, under the same legal rationale, will also defend Trump in a case Andonian is pursuing on behalf of U.S. Representative Eric Swalwell, a California Democrat. Swalwell alleges Trump incited the deadly Jan. 6 riot in an effort to stop Congress from performing its duty to certify Biden as the election winner. Andonian called the logic behind the department’s decision to defend Trump against Carroll’s defamation suit “alarming.”

The Justice Department appears to put no limits on immunity for speech by a sitting president on any matter considered “of public concern,” Andonian said.

The Justice Department declined to comment on whether it would use the same argument as a basis for intervening in the other lawsuits Trump faces. The White House did not respond to a request for comment but has previously said it had no role in the department’s decision on whether to defend Trump in the Carroll case or others.

BlueAnon is very unhappy right now.