Total Members Voted: 85

Why do you support donald trump

• 22453 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Why do you support donald trump
« Reply #20310 on: February 28, 2021, 08:47:57 AM »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #20311 on: February 28, 2021, 09:02:46 AM »
The dumbass media made the OK sign a thing, then the internet smart asses did the rest.

Yeah, wasn't the ok sign used by the Proud Boys, et al, specifically done to bait the media?

This is something extremists groups have done for a long time.

They take an existing symbol and use it for their own. Plausible deniability, they can self-identify to each other, show support in public and claim they totally are not NAZIs when caught because it's all a joke or the media is crazy or it's just a harmless symbol.  They do it because it works.

The swastika was appropriated that way.  Nobody looks at it now and think it's a Buddhist symbol.

The upside down ok symbol is undergoing the same transformation. It's like a dog-whistle, it's a sign they can use to tell like-minded people what they support, and then claim they don't.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #20312 on: February 28, 2021, 09:10:23 AM »
The dumbass media made the OK sign a thing, then the internet smart asses did the rest.

Yeah, wasn't the ok sign used by the Proud Boys, et al, specifically done to bait the media?

I don't remember which group specifically started using it, but it was really obscure until the media blew it up. Then I remember Cassandra Fairbanks and some other internet famous right winger going to the White House and having their picture made while they were doing the hand sign. I guess we're stuck with the OK sign being racist now!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #20313 on: February 28, 2021, 09:40:29 AM »
Drink milk?
Huh? ???

Yes
Apparently black people cant drink milk and nazis are proud of it

« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 09:42:35 AM by Themightykabool »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #20314 on: February 28, 2021, 10:53:50 AM »

I don't remember which group specifically started using it, but it was really obscure until the media blew it up. Then I remember Cassandra Fairbanks and some other internet famous right winger going to the White House and having their picture made while they were doing the hand sign. I guess we're stuck with the OK sign being racist now!

I don't think that's really anything new. Apparently the OK hand gesture in Japan means "Money", in Brazil it's some kind of "rude gesture":

15 Hand Gestures That Have Different Meanings Overseas
https://brightside.me/wonder-places/15-hand-gestures-that-have-different-meanings-overseas-769110/

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #20315 on: February 28, 2021, 12:27:42 PM »
I looked at the cpac stage, it looks nothing like a swatiska. You guys have too much fantasy.

I'd never seen it before either:

Oh thank you, I didnt know harry potter was a nazi!

Seriously though, Swastika  = nazi. Everything else (like this rune on the stage) ist just bs, it's a symbol that perhaps some nazis used but in the vast majority of the population it's not considered a nazi symbol. It's not even the correct rune on the stage, it has like an extra line...

Talking about nazi symbols, I find the symbol of the Sturmabteilung 'SA' looks quite cool, I'll admit those guys had great designers!

Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Lorddave

« Reply #20316 on: February 28, 2021, 12:43:22 PM »
I looked at the cpac stage, it looks nothing like a swatiska. You guys have too much fantasy.

Seriously though, Swastika  = nazi. Everything else (like this rune on the stage) ist just bs, it's a symbol that perhaps some nazis used but in the vast majority of the population it's not considered a nazi symbol. It's not even the correct rune on the stage, it has like an extra line...

Talking about nazi symbols, I find the symbol of the Sturmabteilung 'SA' looks quite cool, I'll admit those guys had great designers!

Thats the thing about symbols: you can take them for yourself in any way.  Same with words.

Me, I haven't a god damn clue.  I'd have to talk to the designer.  But right now, those who want to believe, will.  (Both nazi and non-nazi)
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #20317 on: February 28, 2021, 01:47:09 PM »
Drink milk?
Huh? ???

Yes
Apparently black people cant drink milk and nazis are proud of it
As I understand it, the majority of the world is unable to handle cow's milk because digesting lactose requires a genetic mutation.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #20318 on: February 28, 2021, 01:48:55 PM »

Just because you don't know something doesn't mean no one does. Swastika, the SS symbol, the odal rune, the black sun and the wolfs angel, the celtic cross, these are all very recognizable symbols. The skull thing not so much.

Also the SA symbol is way too busy, terrible design.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 01:50:39 PM by Pezevenk »
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #20319 on: February 28, 2021, 01:51:40 PM »

Pezevenk

« Reply #20320 on: February 28, 2021, 01:59:17 PM »

Wasn't obscure, you weren't paying enough attention. Maybe for the better. They made it famous on purpose because they could both dogwhistle with plausible deniability, and gaslight everyone who knew and was saying that by pretending they're just seeeeeing things and craaaazy. Same thing with the "it's OK to be white" thing and the milk thing. They were both on purpose.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #20321 on: February 28, 2021, 02:39:26 PM »

In this excellent and funny movie titled 'The Grand Heist' set in the Joseon period, Korea, these people thought themselves very cool to be using the 'western sign' of 'OK' lol

Woke people would lose their shit if they watched this movie lol

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #20322 on: February 28, 2021, 02:55:38 PM »

In this excellent and funny movie titled 'The Grand Heist' set in the Joseon period, Korea, these people thought themselves very cool to be using the 'western sign' of 'OK' lol

Kinda like when this happened in Inglorious Bastards:

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #20323 on: February 28, 2021, 04:36:54 PM »

You're gonna give Pez a stroke.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #20324 on: February 28, 2021, 05:24:58 PM »

The right wing loves people like you.  You're doing exactly what they want and aren't even aware you're being manipulated.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #20325 on: February 28, 2021, 05:41:17 PM »
The right wing loves people like you.  You're doing exactly what they want and aren't even aware you're being manipulated.

Or maybe Korea couldn't give a shit for the current woke antics of The West and make their movies how they want. Good on 'em

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #20326 on: February 28, 2021, 06:48:18 PM »

Or maybe Korea couldn't give a shit for the current woke antics of The West and make their movies how they want. Good on 'em

You do realize that the sign being discussed is the upside down Ok symbol.  The picture you are showing is just the normal one.

But go on doing the right wing's work for them.  I'm sure they appreciate it.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #20327 on: February 28, 2021, 07:22:53 PM »

You do realize that the sign being discussed is the upside down Ok symbol.  The picture you are showing is just the normal one.

You do realise many people are getting in a heap of shit for using the universally accepted 'OK' sign right?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-13/nsw-police-officer-ok-symbol-black-lives-matter-march/12352134

There's a photo of the police in the article of him showing the 'right side up' OK symbol.

"We have spoken extensively to the officer in question and he has advised the hand gesture was simply the 'are you OK' sign directed at two protesters who looked distressed," a Victoria police statement read.

But screenshots then emerged from a Facebook page appearing to belong to the officer, which displayed a number of memes circulated by the alt-right movement.

"In regards to his social media page, we are aware of a small number of posts which include inappropriate memes," Victoria Police said.

"Under no circumstances are these posts reflective of the values of Victoria Police."

The statement said the officer had been spoken to about the posts, "Although they were made more than 12 months ago, he is aware of our extreme disappointment".

Why is the OK symbol associated with white power?

The OK sign has been co-opted by the far-right, according to the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), an international organisation that aims to "fight anti-Semitism and all forms of bigotry".

Touching the thumb and index finger is meant to symbolise the letter P, meaning power, while the three remaining fingers make a W, meaning white.

The symbol grew in notoriety after a 2017 hoax on an online forum called 4chan, where users "falsely promoted the gesture as a hate symbol, claiming the gesture represented the letters 'WP' for 'white power'," according to the ADL.

But the prank was so successful that it solidified the gesture as "a popular trolling tactic on the part of right-leaning individuals".

So the police officer gets dickheads memeing a year old photo with their NAZI shit and the officer gets reprimanded for it. To hell with that

Here is another

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/nsw-police-denies-officer-knowingly-made-alt-right-hand-symbol-after-photo-circulates-on-social-media
New South Wales police has denied an officer knew he was making a hand symbol frequently used by members of the alt-right after he was photographed doing the "OK" gesture during a response to protests against police brutality. 

The photo, taken in Sydney's CBD on Friday night, shows the officer making the controversial gesture - his thumb and index finger forming a circle while extending his other three fingers - towards the camera.

In a statement to SBS News on Saturday, a NSW Police Force spokesperson said the officer was responding to a group of women about the night being "okay" and used his hand as he was wearing a face mask.

Need more? It has nothing to do with being upside down or not. People like that brentan Tarrant knob who murdered 51 people did it upside down maybe because he was in handcuffs with police either side of him

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/the-feed/the-ok-hand-gesture-is-now-a-hate-symbol-but-it-s-also-a-crucial-part-of-sign-languages

Until recently, the OK hand gesture was exactly that: a-okay. Then the alt-right arrived.

You're probably familiar with the gesture in question: thumb and forefinger meet to form a circle, with the other three fingers extended.

Over the past couple of months, the innocent gesture has been rapidly co-opted by the alt-right movement and turned into a symbol of hate. It began as a hoax, a meme trolls used to garner media attention (as it turns out, when you declare an ordinary, commonplace symbol to have a sinister double meaning, plenty of outlets will breathlessly report on any instance of that symbol being used).

Know your place

Lorddave

« Reply #20328 on: February 28, 2021, 09:22:49 PM »
Holy fuck!  When the hell did the OK sign get fucked up like that?

How does society shift so rapidly?
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #20329 on: February 28, 2021, 09:31:21 PM »
4chan.

But everybody I know still considers it as 'ok' and not as 'white power'.
People outside of the internet kinda dont give a fuck tbh. Its mostly made up crap by 4chan and then blown up for the drama by the media.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #20330 on: February 28, 2021, 10:41:43 PM »

I listened to an audio feed from CPAC today.  It was the lead up to Trump's speech.  I was doing some housework and listening to it in the background for about 45 minutes.  It was nonstop lies and attacks on everyone not "conservative" combined with a heavy dose of victimhood for Trump supporters.  I've heard sermons from radical Islamic clerics that were less out of touch with reality.  One of the most confusing lies was that Trump fought for Hong Kong.  Trump has done exactly nothing for Hong Kong.

I just feel that hand signs are at the bottom of the list of things we should concern ourselves with.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Pezevenk

« Reply #20331 on: February 28, 2021, 11:49:18 PM »
You're gonna give Pez a stroke.
Imagining people are much more upset than they are is very on brand for a 15 year old troll circa 2016.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #20332 on: March 01, 2021, 12:10:37 AM »

You do realise many people are getting in a heap of shit for using the universally accepted 'OK' sign right?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-13/nsw-police-officer-ok-symbol-black-lives-matter-march/12352134

There's a photo of the police in the article of him showing the 'right side up' OK symbol.

"We have spoken extensively to the officer in question and he has advised the hand gesture was simply the 'are you OK' sign directed at two protesters who looked distressed," a Victoria police statement read.

But screenshots then emerged from a Facebook page appearing to belong to the officer, which displayed a number of memes circulated by the alt-right movement.

"In regards to his social media page, we are aware of a small number of posts which include inappropriate memes," Victoria Police said.

"Under no circumstances are these posts reflective of the values of Victoria Police."

The statement said the officer had been spoken to about the posts, "Although they were made more than 12 months ago, he is aware of our extreme disappointment".

The OK sign has been co-opted by the far-right, according to the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), an international organisation that aims to "fight anti-Semitism and all forms of bigotry".

Touching the thumb and index finger is meant to symbolise the letter P, meaning power, while the three remaining fingers make a W, meaning white.

The symbol grew in notoriety after a 2017 hoax on an online forum called 4chan, where users "falsely promoted the gesture as a hate symbol, claiming the gesture represented the letters 'WP' for 'white power'," according to the ADL.

But the prank was so successful that it solidified the gesture as "a popular trolling tactic on the part of right-leaning individuals".

So the police officer gets dickheads memeing a year old photo with their NAZI shit and the officer gets reprimanded for it. To hell with that

Here is another

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/nsw-police-denies-officer-knowingly-made-alt-right-hand-symbol-after-photo-circulates-on-social-media
New South Wales police has denied an officer knew he was making a hand symbol frequently used by members of the alt-right after he was photographed doing the "OK" gesture during a response to protests against police brutality.

The photo, taken in Sydney's CBD on Friday night, shows the officer making the controversial gesture - his thumb and index finger forming a circle while extending his other three fingers - towards the camera.

In a statement to SBS News on Saturday, a NSW Police Force spokesperson said the officer was responding to a group of women about the night being "okay" and used his hand as he was wearing a face mask.

Need more? It has nothing to do with being upside down or not. People like that brentan Tarrant knob who murdered 51 people did it upside down maybe because he was in handcuffs with police either side of him

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/the-feed/the-ok-hand-gesture-is-now-a-hate-symbol-but-it-s-also-a-crucial-part-of-sign-languages

Until recently, the OK hand gesture was exactly that: a-okay. Then the alt-right arrived.

You're probably familiar with the gesture in question: thumb and forefinger meet to form a circle, with the other three fingers extended.

Over the past couple of months, the innocent gesture has been rapidly co-opted by the alt-right movement and turned into a symbol of hate. It began as a hoax, a meme trolls used to garner media attention (as it turns out, when you declare an ordinary, commonplace symbol to have a sinister double meaning, plenty of outlets will breathlessly report on any instance of that symbol being used).

In a different context, I'd buy it. But in that context, he is definitely bullshitting. The cop's FB profile is full of 4chan memes and I'm supposed to believe he didn't know this and just randomly happened to do the sign right in front of that camera, being a cop in a BLM march? Nah.

Again, no one will tell you "don't do the ok sign, you're racist". Come on. Especially the Korean movie thing, I don't even understand why you think anyone would give a shit. But when someone in certain contexts with a certain past does it, then it's a warning sign. It's not about a one off thing. If you ignore it and pretend they're not doing this, you're just deceiving yourself and others. The gaslighting is a big part of the reason they're doing that. If you don't believe they are doing this for this exact reason you can just go to their forums and see for yourself lol. And they're never confused about whether or not it is a dogwhistle or just the OK sign, they're damn sure it is "one of us" every time one of these controversies comes up, despite being the same people who try to gaslight people outside their spaces that it definitely has nothing to do with that and you're just irrational for thinking it's a thing. That's why it is a successful dogwhistle.

Everything is not so simple. There's numerous neonazi and generally far right groups infiltrating police or trying to find people amenable to them within police. They talk about it far from the spotlight. Golden Dawn did it, it's now been proven by courts. And that's how they could maim and murder people for years with impunity.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 01:34:36 AM by Pezevenk »

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #20333 on: March 01, 2021, 02:09:54 AM »
Well, it was no accident.  The Odal rune shaped stage was deliberate.  These scumbags are heavily into symbols and stuff.  To design a stage in the shape of a Nazi symbol would be right up their alley.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

« Reply #20334 on: March 01, 2021, 03:52:49 AM »
In Brazil it already was the sign for arsehole.  Which kinda makes sense when you look at it.

The internet.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #20335 on: March 01, 2021, 04:48:46 AM »

Here is another

Over the past couple of months, the innocent gesture has been rapidly co-opted by the alt-right movement and turned into a symbol of hate. It began as a hoax, a meme trolls used to garner media attention (as it turns out, when you declare an ordinary, commonplace symbol to have a sinister double meaning, plenty of outlets will breathlessly report on any instance of that symbol being used).

I haven't been following it closely enough it seems.  Yeah, it started out as upside-down down but seems to have expanded to right side up now that it's become popular and spread far enough among the alt-right, NAZIs, skinheads, white supremacists and other racist groups like the Proud Boys.  So now they are using it right side up too.  Wonderful.

He wasn't fired for making the ok symbol, he was fired because after making it they took a closer look at him and found offensive right wing racist posts he made.

If he was just a normal cop giving the OK sight 'to check if protestors were ok' it would have been fine.  But no, he was an alt-right troll who thought making the sign right side up would be safe enough to do, get his little dig in at the BLM protestors.  But didn't think far enough ahead to realize they might dig into his background a bit more.

They choose common symbols to appropriate because they know they can just say 'wot its all a prank dude its just an ok symbol!' and people will believe them.  Then they can use that symbol to identify with each other, and flash it at minorities.  Denying it's now become a symbol for being a racist dick just helps them.  It sucks when they do this, but they suck in general so no surprise there.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #20336 on: March 01, 2021, 06:28:20 AM »

Here is the Anti Defamation League's take on it.
https://www.adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/okay-hand-gesture

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #20337 on: March 01, 2021, 06:34:32 AM »
Well, it was no accident.  The Odal rune shaped stage was deliberate.  These scumbags are heavily into symbols and stuff.  To design a stage in the shape of a Nazi symbol would be right up their alley.

Who made the statement in the image? I mean, which group? Is that from the Proud Boys?

« Reply #20338 on: March 01, 2021, 06:35:25 AM »

I just feel that hand signs are at the bottom of the list of things we should concern ourselves with.

The sign itself is nothing of concern.
Its recognizing the rise of power and level of influence these people have gotten to.

« Reply #20339 on: March 01, 2021, 06:36:49 AM »

Here is another

I haven't been following it closely enough it seems.  Yeah, it started out as upside-down down but seems to have expanded to right side up now that it's become popular and spread far enough among the alt-right, NAZIs, skinheads, white supremacists and other racist groups like the Proud Boys.  So now they are using it right side up too.  Wonderful.

He wasn't fired for making the ok symbol, he was fired because after making it they took a closer look at him and found offensive right wing racist posts he made.

If he was just a normal cop giving the OK sight 'to check if protestors were ok' it would have been fine.  But no, he was an alt-right troll who thought making the sign right side up would be safe enough to do, get his little dig in at the BLM protestors.  But didn't think far enough ahead to realize they might dig into his background a bit more.

They choose common symbols to appropriate because they know they can just say 'wot its all a prank dude its just an ok symbol!' and people will believe them.  Then they can use that symbol to identify with each other, and flash it at minorities.  Denying it's now become a symbol for being a racist dick just helps them.  It sucks when they do this, but they suck in general so no surprise there.

The proudboys themselves pass this on for their very identity - its a joke, we  re a frat, we have silly rules.