50 (54.9%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Why do you support donald trump

• 22453 Replies

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Re: Why do you support donald trump
« Reply #20250 on: February 17, 2021, 04:07:58 AM »
trump is so full of shit. He didn't produce the jobs, he rode that success of the back of the previous government. His response to covid and the damage America suffered was the worst in the world. The America economy is trashed because of his inept leadership and spreading of misinformation and lies.

It's shame so many people in America are stupid and will suck up his words as if it's the truth. As much as they wanted to 'drain the swamp' it is the American public who enable these swamp monsters to frig them over in the first place. Trump has set a new standard of acceptance. Expect the likes of Ted Cruz to channel his 'inner Trump' when he makes a ploy for president later. If you watch his rallies, they will be filled with the same toxic BS that made Trump popular - because somehow it works

I cant imagine a politician speaking like that in Australia and having a job the next day. I don't know why you Americans stand for that in your leaders. It's disgraceful

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #20251 on: February 17, 2021, 04:35:50 AM »
Austalia has its own oan version.
Although theyre on the opposite side of the globe, some love trump.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #20252 on: February 17, 2021, 06:20:04 AM »
So Mitch votes to acquit, then comes out with a speech basically laying out why he shouldn't have voted to acquit.
Actually, Mitch was explaining why it wasn't the Senate's job to convict Trump now that he's out of office.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #20253 on: February 17, 2021, 06:57:04 AM »
Trump did contribute to job growth during his presidency, you don't pump trillions of dollars into the economy without boosting it in some form.  However, his contribution was the equivalent of a sugar high, a short term boost that could only be continued with more and more debt fueled stimulus.

It's also rich he warns that taxes will go up, when he and the Senate Republicans are to blame for taxes going up because of the absurd way they passed the tax cuts, which aren't permanent for people but are for corporations.

One thing is clear, the Republican party is still the party of Trump, there was a recent poll where 80%+ of Republican voters would support him running in '24.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #20254 on: February 17, 2021, 01:00:36 PM »
So Mitch votes to acquit, then comes out with a speech basically laying out why he shouldn't have voted to acquit.
Actually, Mitch was explaining why it wasn't the Senate's job to convict Trump now that he's out of office.

I get that. That was a bit of hyperbole on my part. But the bottom line, if the sole sticking point is, "Can a President (in this case) be tried and convicted post holding office?" and one sides with the idea that , "No, s/he cannot," then yeah, no matter what criminal act the now ex-President committed whilst being President is not for the Senate to try and convict on.

But if you remove that one sticking point, a constitutional conundrum, and side with, "Yes, the Senate can try and convict an ex-President for deeds committed during his/her presidency", Mitch does comes right out and implicate DJT. (Though a second sticking point he remarks on is the strict definition of "incitement", as almost, "If you don't agree with my constitutional interpretation, then, well, "incitement" was probably too high of a bar to surmount anyway".)

He opens and immediately condemns with this:

"Let me just put that aside for a moment and reiterate something I said weeks ago. There’s no question, none, that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day. No question about it.

The president did not act swiftly. He did not do his job. He didn’t take steps so federal law could be faithfully executed and order restored. No, instead, according to public reports, he watched television happily as the chaos unfolded. He kept pressing his scheme to overturn the election.

This was an intensifying crescendo of conspiracy theories orchestrated by an outgoing president who seemed determined to either overturn the voter’s decision or else torch our institutions on the way out. The unconscionable behavior did not end when the violence actually began."

There's your case right there. Done. But again, the constitutional sticking point comes into play:

"But in this case, the question is moot because former President Trump is constitutionally not eligible for conviction...the Senate’s sole power to try all impeachments, would create an unlimited circular logic empowering Congress to ban any private citizen from federal office."

And closes with: "The Senate’s decision today does not condone anything that happened on or before that terrible day. It simply shows that senators did what the former president failed to do. We put our constitutional duty first."

So yeah, I get it. But damn, had it not been for, in a way, almost a legal technicality, Mitch would have to of voted for conviction. And I wonder if that's what he was getting at.

I also wonder, going forward, if a President shoots someone in the face on 5th avenue near the end of their term, all timing & partisan circumstances being the same as today, would the Senate constitutionally allow for a high crimes impeachment conviction if the trial occurred after the term ended? Or, as Mitch stated, would they still skip it and let the criminal/civil court system handle it? Is there a line there; 100% overtly, unquestionably guilty versus the definition of a word, like "incitement"?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #20255 on: February 17, 2021, 01:46:25 PM »

I get that. That was a bit of hyperbole on my part. But the bottom line, if the sole sticking point is, "Can a President (in this case) be tried and convicted post holding office?" and one sides with the idea that , "No, s/he cannot," then yeah, no matter what criminal act the now ex-President committed whilst being President is not for the Senate to try and convict on.
I think that it's important to remember is that impeachment is more of a political procedure than a judicial one, so it's going to come with its own political baggage.  Basically, Mitch is passing buck when he says that Trump is still subject to prosecution for any crimes committed while in office.  It's not as if Trump could have been sent to jail if the Senate had decided to convict anyway, so maybe it's just as well that there are a number of criminal investigations that will be ramping up before too long.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #20256 on: February 17, 2021, 02:08:49 PM »

I think that it's important to remember is that impeachment is more of a political procedure than a judicial one, so it's going to come with its own political baggage.  Basically, Mitch is passing buck when he says that Trump is still subject to prosecution for any crimes committed while in office.  It's not as if Trump could have been sent to jail if the Senate had decided to convict anyway, so maybe it's just as well that there are a number of criminal investigations that will be ramping up before too long.

Yes, it's a political procedure. And penalties if convicted would be political ones as well, perhaps including being barred from seeking a political office again. Which would have been my preference because even if convicted on a felony charge in a judicial case, he can still run for office. Considering the cult of personality and its hold on his followers, he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue, be convicted, and they would still vote for him. But I guess, at the end of the day, that would amount to the people's will.

It will be interesting to see how private sector judicial cases will be carried out.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #20257 on: February 17, 2021, 02:40:55 PM »
McConnell would never have voted to convict Trump.  Had the constitutional argument not been there for him, he would have found another way to perform mental gymnastics to not convict Trump, such as the argument that his actions were abhorrent and partially responsible, but didn't meet the standard for incitement of violence.  McConnell knows who butters his bread, he is already walking a thin line with his constituents, to vote to convict Trump would be the definitive end of his political career.

Regardless, McConnell's argument has some merit, but also is lacking.  It makes sense that if someone cannot be removed from office, impeachment is not the process to use.  However, the repercussions of conviction in impeachment is twofold, removal from office and a vote to bar from future political office.  You can't do the first, but you sure has hell can do the second.

At the end of the day, Trump is the face of the GOP for the time being.  He has the ability to make or break someone's career, and he is one of the pettiest people in politics, so that is dangerous.  The GOP had there chance to cut this cancerous growth out but instead opted to try the "wait and see" method.  My gut tells me this will end up hurting them in the long run, but there are a significant number of people who wanted Trump out of politics on January 7th but now would vote for him again, so I'm not confident the GOP will face any significant repercussions at the ballot box.

markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #20258 on: February 22, 2021, 12:42:07 PM »
Donald Trump's tax returns can be turned over to New York prosecutors, US Supreme Court rules
https://abc.net.au/news/2021-02-23/supreme-court-hits-donald-trump-with-tax-blow/13181816

Nice to know that despite his efforts to stack the court, he still loses.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #20259 on: February 23, 2021, 05:27:31 AM »
Donald Trump's tax returns can be turned over to New York prosecutors, US Supreme Court rules
https://abc.net.au/news/2021-02-23/supreme-court-hits-donald-trump-with-tax-blow/13181816

I wonder what the Trump groupies are going to think when it's revealed that Trump ( aka GEOTUS ) is a money laundering tax cheat who is going to rot in jail.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #20260 on: February 23, 2021, 05:33:56 AM »

I wonder what the Trump groupies are going to think when it's revealed that Trump ( aka GEOTUS ) is a money laundering tax cheat who is going to rot in jail.

I'm sure they will have no problem with his crime. They will have a problem with him facing the prospect of him having to do the time though.

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #20261 on: February 23, 2021, 05:43:22 AM »
The ones who believe Jesus sent him to be president have already forgiven him.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #20262 on: February 23, 2021, 06:08:10 AM »
Trump didnt do anything wrong. Its just the librel media making it look like he did!!!
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #20263 on: February 25, 2021, 08:35:55 AM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trump-tax-returns-manhattan-district-attorney/2021/02/25/be61b6b4-7779-11eb-8115-9ad5e9c02117_story.html

Well there it.  A district attorney in a state that already hates Trump with the power to throw him in prison now has his financial life story.  It'll be interesting to see what happens.  If charges aren't brought against him then I'll probably have to assume that he isn't as criminal as he's been made out to be.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #20264 on: February 25, 2021, 10:18:37 PM »
In other news..  here is a reminder who made the FBI wanted list for interferring in the 2016 elections....  I see Prigozhin made the list. 

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/counterintelligence/2016-election-interference

« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 10:20:28 PM by JerkFace »

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #20265 on: February 26, 2021, 01:51:17 AM »
https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-politics/mitch-mcconnell-says-he-would-absolutely-support-donald-trump-running-for-president-again/news-story/83cdd19f64d560f7096a97d0e6540e28

Mitch McConnell 'would absolutely' support Trump for a 2024 election lol

So does the entire repugnican party have Stockholm syndrome or are they really just crazy

Know your place

Lorddave

« Reply #20266 on: February 26, 2021, 03:35:19 AM »
https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-politics/mitch-mcconnell-says-he-would-absolutely-support-donald-trump-running-for-president-again/news-story/83cdd19f64d560f7096a97d0e6540e28

So does the entire repugnican party have Stockholm syndrome or are they really just crazy

Nah.
He saw his poll numbers.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #20267 on: February 26, 2021, 05:40:11 AM »

I'm beginning to believe it's the latter. I couldn't be paid enough to vote for Trump again.
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #20268 on: February 26, 2021, 07:58:45 AM »
In some ways politicians are like corporations.  They're these entities that exist under bizarre rules that lead to perverse incentives.  But it does make them sort of easy to understand.

Politicians only need to ask themselves one thing when they make a decision, will this get me more votes or less votes?  That's it.  These other ideas like constitutionality or the rules of law or not getting murdered by a mob, they might be nice but they really don't have anything to do with getting more votes.  So a successful politician must put away his ego and go where the votes are.

Lorddave

« Reply #20269 on: February 26, 2021, 09:06:42 AM »
In some ways politicians are like corporations.  They're these entities that exist under bizarre rules that lead to perverse incentives.  But it does make them sort of easy to understand.

Politicians only need to ask themselves one thing when they make a decision, will this get me more votes or less votes?  That's it.  These other ideas like constitutionality or the rules of law or not getting murdered by a mob, they might be nice but they really don't have anything to do with getting more votes.  So a successful politician must put away his ego and go where the votes are.
Being dead means you get less votes, so thats an issue.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #20270 on: February 26, 2021, 10:09:08 AM »

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #20271 on: February 26, 2021, 04:12:07 PM »
Seen at CPAC...   Why is he wearing thongs?  ( that's flip flops to you yankee heathens )

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #20272 on: February 26, 2021, 05:52:02 PM »
Flip flops are the shoes of champions.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #20273 on: February 26, 2021, 06:28:58 PM »
Seen at CPAC...   Why is he wearing thongs?
Sorry, but that's just creepy.

?

Eren

« Reply #20274 on: February 26, 2021, 06:33:19 PM »
Seen at CPAC...   Why is he wearing thongs?
Sorry, but that's just creepy.

Lorddave

« Reply #20275 on: February 27, 2021, 12:22:52 AM »
Seen at CPAC...   Why is he wearing thongs?  ( that's flip flops to you yankee heathens )

Its what the leader would like.  And you always make the leader happy.

Also: Look ahead by staying in the past. *Nods*
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 01:28:34 AM by Lorddave »

« Reply #20276 on: February 27, 2021, 05:04:17 AM »
Haha

Conserve-ative.

Buncha morons.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #20277 on: February 27, 2021, 08:22:33 AM »
What else are you supposed to wear with baggy shorts? ???

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #20278 on: February 27, 2021, 09:08:34 AM »
I'm amazed at the fact that, just this morning, I clicked on the news, switched to FOX on a whim, and nearly every other phrase was "President Trump."

Sorry, but he ain't President anymore. And he's basically now a private citizen deep in legal doo-doo.

And they really, really lingered on Hawley. Man, that traitor? Really?

And they accused Biden of his partisan policies. Passing relief for everyday, struggling Americans that Republicans don't want and won't cooperate on is... partisan? Really?

And they further accused Biden of hating America and wanting to ruin the economy by backing a raise in minimum wage to $15/hour. So lemme get this straight, FOX -- finally adjusting minimum wage for inflation and making it a lil' more livable is hating America and ruining the economy? Really?

For shame, FOX. For shame.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 09:10:40 AM by Jamie »
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #20279 on: February 27, 2021, 09:30:12 AM »
In their defense I think it's normal to refer to a former president, vice president this way.  Maybe adding former gets too cumbersome.