Why do you support donald trump

• 22433 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Why do you support donald trump
« Reply #19890 on: January 11, 2021, 09:28:34 PM »
Bets on Trump being poor in 5 years?
Depends on whether or not he remains eligible for his presidential pension after the dust settles.
By law, former presidents are entitled to a pension, staff and office expenses, medical care or health insurance, and Secret Service protection. These entitlements only apply if the former president was not removed from office by impeachment or other Congressional actions.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #19891 on: January 11, 2021, 10:35:16 PM »
If he's impeached then I think that nullifies his pension.  Of course if he's in prison then he has free room and board.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #19892 on: January 12, 2021, 12:49:11 AM »
If he's impeached then I think that nullifies his pension.  Of course if he's in prison then he has free room and board.

He's already been impeached once though. Or are you talking about if it actually gets through the senate and found guilty

Even if this process happens after the inauguration, the repugnicans would do well do follow through. Trump has poisoned the repugnican brand but still draws a huge following. It's not repugnicans they support as much as Trump. Do they really want to risk this seditious bastard to run and win the primaries for the next election? He may draw votes but he draws a lot of anti votes too. Probably after his failed record and insurrection attempt, the amount of people voting for democrats next time around will be even more so.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #19893 on: January 12, 2021, 01:37:18 AM »

He's already been impeached once though. Or are you talking about if it actually gets through the senate and found guilty

Even if this process happens after the inauguration, the repugnicans would do well do follow through. Trump has poisoned the repugnican brand but still draws a huge following. It's not repugnicans they support as much as Trump. Do they really want to risk this seditious bastard to run and win the primaries for the next election? He may draw votes but he draws a lot of anti votes too. Probably after his failed record and insurrection attempt, the amount of people voting for democrats next time around will be even more so.

Congress can remove his presidential pension, SS protection and heath care if they so choose.  They can also prevent him from running for any federal office.

But,  that is a bit academic since he's likely to be charged with inciting insurrection and will spend the rest of his life in jail.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #19894 on: January 12, 2021, 04:20:30 AM »
https://news.yahoo.com/trump-reportedly-angry-aides-warning-070935116.html
If you were hoping for a last-minute pardon from President Trump, ABC News' Jonathan Karl has some bad news for you. After last week's assault on the U.S. Capitol by Trump supporters, right after Trump urged them to march on the Capitol, Trump is not in the pardoning mood, Karl told anchor David Muir on Monday's ABC World News Tonight.

"The president has been warned, David, by some of his lawyers that if he goes ahead and pardons himself, he could be more vulnerable to civil lawsuits, including from some of those injured in the Capitol riot, because a self-pardon would be seen as an admission that he did something wrong that he would need to be pardoned for," Karl said. "The president is angry, he has not taken that well, and I am told that he is now saying that he doesn't want to see pardons for anybody. So the attitude seems to be: 'If I can't get a pardon, then nobody else should get one, either.'"

I'll support Trump here. Nobody should get a pardon.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #19895 on: January 12, 2021, 04:32:59 AM »
If you were hoping for a last-minute pardon from President Trump, ABC News' Jonathan Karl has some bad news for you. After last week's assault on the U.S. Capitol by Trump supporters, right after Trump urged them to march on the Capitol, Trump is not in the pardoning mood, Karl told anchor David Muir on Monday's ABC World News Tonight.

"The president has been warned, David, by some of his lawyers that if he goes ahead and pardons himself, he could be more vulnerable to civil lawsuits, including from some of those injured in the Capitol riot, because a self-pardon would be seen as an admission that he did something wrong that he would need to be pardoned for," Karl said. "The president is angry, he has not taken that well, and I am told that he is now saying that he doesn't want to see pardons for anybody. So the attitude seems to be: 'If I can't get a pardon, then nobody else should get one, either.'"

Can't say I'd be upset if Trump doesn't hand out lots of pardons in exchange for favors or outright bribes.

Lorddave

« Reply #19896 on: January 12, 2021, 04:33:37 AM »

Imagine how many people are sitting in jail, waiting for Trump to save them and then find out this...
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #19897 on: January 12, 2021, 07:40:57 AM »
I think that this one is going to especially sting for Trump:
Deutsche Bank became the latest large company to cut ties with Donald Trump, with the firm that has propped up the Trump Organization for two decades reportedly announcing it would no longer do business with the disgraced president.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #19898 on: January 12, 2021, 08:57:06 AM »
Now that we've got about a week left of Trump I was curious about how much of his wall he got done.

So the border between the US and Mexico is about 1954 miles.  Apparently 350 miles of fencing was already there.  So that reinforcing that doesn't count.  As of January 5 Trump has built a grand total of...

Wait for it...

It's going to be a number like no one's ever seen before...

47 miles! 

All that noise for 47 miles or 2.4% of the border between the US and Mexico.  Hope it was worth nearly ending democracy for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_wall#:~:text=By%20September%2025%2C%202020%2C%20321,replaced%20old%20or%20broken%20barriers.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #19899 on: January 12, 2021, 09:09:43 AM »
Now that we've got about a week left of Trump I was curious about how much of his wall he got done.

So the border between the US and Mexico is about 1954 miles.  Apparently 350 miles of fencing was already there.  So that reinforcing that doesn't count.  As of January 5 Trump has built a grand total of...

Wait for it...

It's going to be a number like no one's ever seen before...

47 miles! 

All that noise for 47 miles or 2.4% of the border between the US and Mexico.  Hope it was worth nearly ending democracy for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_wall#:~:text=By%20September%2025%2C%202020%2C%20321,replaced%20old%20or%20broken%20barriers.

I wonder how much it cost you guys. Or is Mexico still going to pay for it LOL

Know your place

« Reply #19900 on: January 12, 2021, 09:47:44 AM »
Deutsche Bank became the latest large company to cut ties with Donald Trump, with the firm that has propped up the Trump Organization for two decades reportedly announcing it would no longer do business with the disgraced president.
I'm not entirely sure what the mean by "cutting ties".  He owes them loads of money and until he's paid them back (ha), he will be a customer. I doubt they were considering extending his credit anyway, so seems like empty PR.

He will probably be more stung by losing PGA tournaments at his already loss making golf courses.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #19901 on: January 12, 2021, 10:34:44 AM »
I'm not entirely sure what the mean by "cutting ties".  He owes them loads of money and until he's paid them back (ha), he will be a customer. I doubt they were considering extending his credit anyway, so seems like empty PR.
I don't know about that.  With everyone else jumping ship, it's pretty hard to see how Trump will ever be able to pay off that $340 million, plus whatever else he owes to any other lenders/investors (*cough*Russia*cough*).  Not to mention any dirty little secrets that they can hold over him.

He will probably be more stung by losing PGA tournaments at his already loss making golf courses.
To be sure.  You know how Trump is about legally binding contracts.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #19902 on: January 12, 2021, 10:48:22 AM »
I don't know about that.  With everyone else jumping ship, it's pretty hard to see how Trump will ever be able to pay off that $340 million, plus whatever else he owes to any other lenders/investors (*cough*Russia*cough*).  Not to mention any dirty little secrets that they can hold over him.

Trump did manage to raise some $300 million that he promised to fight the election results with.

But we all know he's going to pay off his own debts with it.

Or more likely, lose it through bad business decisions.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #19903 on: January 12, 2021, 10:55:58 AM »

Trump did manage to raise some $300 million that he promised to fight the election results with.

How much would be left after the failed 60 odd court cases, the state vote recounts and Rudy Giuliani's lawyer / hair dye treatment fees though?

Know your place

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #19904 on: January 12, 2021, 11:12:29 AM »

How much would be left after the failed 60 odd court cases, the state vote recounts and Rudy Giuliani's lawyer / hair dye treatment fees though?

I would bet my retirement Trump didn't personally pay for ANY of that.  It all came from other sources.

Lorddave

« Reply #19905 on: January 12, 2021, 12:05:34 PM »
Also, Trump does own a lot of property.  I'm sure he'll sell of a building or two to make up the loss.  Maybe that golf course in scottland.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #19906 on: January 12, 2021, 12:14:54 PM »
Also, Trump does own a lot of property.
"Own" might be a bit of an overstatement.  Knowing Trump's affinity for mortgaging properties to the hilt, I wonder how much equity he has in any of his properties.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #19907 on: January 12, 2021, 04:32:49 PM »
The series finale is building up to being a blockbuster.   Trump going down in flames and being publically arrested seems like the only fitting end to this American tragedy.

I wonder if Amazon Prime is planning a sequel?   

Ivanka - "The Phoenix Rises"

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #19908 on: January 12, 2021, 04:36:38 PM »
On reflection,  I can admire the political acumen of Mitch McConnell,  and the conman skills of Donald Trump,  both truly masters of their craft.  But Mitch knew when to stop.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19909 on: January 12, 2021, 05:11:03 PM »
Cocaine Mitch is trending on Twitter right now because he supports impeachment. Unless he is a very good actor, I think he might be actually furious at Trump.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #19910 on: January 12, 2021, 05:14:21 PM »
I think he might be trying to spook trump into resigning to avoid it.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #19911 on: January 12, 2021, 05:42:23 PM »
Cocaine Mitch is trending on Twitter right now because he supports impeachment. Unless he is a very good actor, I think he might be actually furious at Trump.

Mitch is just trying to create a base to rebuild from after Trump has become toxic in the electorate.  Basically setting the stage to purge the GOP of Trumpism.

It's a testament to how kicking Trump off twitter has enabled Republicans to finally stand up against Trump.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19912 on: January 12, 2021, 05:57:04 PM »
https://twitter.com/TomiLahren/status/1349129410281144321?s=20

Oh Mitch, Mitch, Mitch, the road your headed down isn’t one you want to be on. If you support impeachment I can promise this will be your last term in office. All the RNC $$ in the world won’t get you re-elected.

Let's see... Mitch is 78, he just got reelected, Senate terms are 6 years. I'm pretty sure this is his last term anyway! Tomi can take the credit. lol
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #19913 on: January 13, 2021, 12:52:57 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/12/us/politics/mike-pence-trump.html

“You can either go down in history as a patriot,” Mr. Trump told him, according to two people briefed on the conversation, “or you can go down in history as a pussy.”

Gonna have to side with Trump on this. Mike Pence is indeed a pussy. He's certainly no patriot.

Know your place

« Reply #19914 on: January 13, 2021, 01:03:05 AM »
All are pussies and bootlickers

« Reply #19915 on: January 13, 2021, 01:27:20 AM »
It was all fun and games until they turned up on his front lawn.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #19916 on: January 13, 2021, 06:12:56 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/12/us/politics/mike-pence-trump.html

“You can either go down in history as a patriot,” Mr. Trump told him, according to two people briefed on the conversation, “or you can go down in history as a pussy.”

Gonna have to side with Trump on this. Mike Pence is indeed a pussy. He's certainly no patriot.
I disagree.  A patriot puts the needs of the country above the petty ego of the man, and that's what he did when he refused to illegally overturn the Electoral College results.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #19917 on: January 13, 2021, 06:20:32 AM »
It was all fun and games until they turned up on his front lawn.

The origin of Cocaine Mitch is funny as well.  If I can find a video that sums it up then I'll post it here.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #19918 on: January 13, 2021, 06:22:16 AM »

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #19919 on: January 13, 2021, 06:22:46 AM »

Mitch is just trying to create a base to rebuild from after Trump has become toxic in the electorate.  Basically setting the stage to purge the GOP of Trumpism.

It's a testament to how kicking Trump off twitter has enabled Republicans to finally stand up against Trump.
This is what's going on.  Mitch sees what the Trump party is and doesn't like it, so he is trying to save the Republican party of the Trumpeters.  This is the only way Trump doesn't continue to be seen as the face of the Republican party to the entire world.  Though let's be honest here, Mitch had the perfect change to remove Trump from office already and save the GOP, but for whatever reason he decided to wait and do it when it has the most minuscule impact it possibly could have.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.