He is the wild card we need
50 (54.9%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Why do you support donald trump

• 22453 Replies

Lorddave

Re: Why do you support donald trump
« Reply #19770 on: November 18, 2020, 02:08:27 AM »
It's like a famous athlete or actor and why companies like to get their face on their products. Because they have appeal and reach. Even if smoking is terrible for your health, if some kid sees their idol smoking, they'll think its cool and take it up regardless of the many messages around how bad it is for you

When someone with the position and authority (and strangely an almost cult like following) starts rubbishing science, medical staff and entertaining baseless conspiracy theories then that is going to have an impact on real world outcomes. A president who would have taken this seriously could have had America in a far better situation than right now. That is why countries like New Zealand, Australia and many other Asian countries have managed to get a handle and in some cases essentially beat this thing and places which did not take it seriously (America, Brazil etc) or think God will protect them (Arab countries, Indonesia) are paying a heavy price

Yeah but it isn't only trump supporters dying.  So while Trump had a big, negative impact, even if he did everything right, people would still have died.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #19771 on: November 18, 2020, 03:11:46 AM »
It's like a famous athlete or actor and why companies like to get their face on their products. Because they have appeal and reach. Even if smoking is terrible for your health, if some kid sees their idol smoking, they'll think its cool and take it up regardless of the many messages around how bad it is for you

When someone with the position and authority (and strangely an almost cult like following) starts rubbishing science, medical staff and entertaining baseless conspiracy theories then that is going to have an impact on real world outcomes. A president who would have taken this seriously could have had America in a far better situation than right now. That is why countries like New Zealand, Australia and many other Asian countries have managed to get a handle and in some cases essentially beat this thing and places which did not take it seriously (America, Brazil etc) or think God will protect them (Arab countries, Indonesia) are paying a heavy price

Australia and new zealand have low numbers because they are islands with no more than a few dozend inhabitants.

China etc have low numbers because 1) they have a culture where masks are more accepted 2) they have very powerful governments with oppressed people 3) its uncertain how accurate the numbers are.

People love to blame trump for everything, evem though most semi democratic countries are doing no better than the us. Also, the people could take some responsibility themselves.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #19772 on: November 18, 2020, 03:53:39 AM »

Australia and new zealand have low numbers because they are islands with no more than a few dozend inhabitants.

China etc have low numbers because 1) they have a culture where masks are more accepted 2) they have very powerful governments with oppressed people 3) its uncertain how accurate the numbers are.

People love to blame trump for everything, evem though most semi democratic countries are doing no better than the us. Also, the people could take some responsibility themselves.

If New Zealand PM said this was nothing more than 'a little flu' was a hoax, masks were rubbish and that you could inject disinfectants as a way to defeat the virus I guarantee covid would be rampant and the death toll there would be unacceptably high.

In Australia our governments went hard and fast and clamped down on it because they take it seriously. Victoria went from hundreds of cases every day for weeks (the virus was out of control) to now zero cases in almost 3 weeks. Who gives an F about the fact Australia is an island? The virus doesn't care if it's inside densely populated cities and out of control whether the country is an island or not. New Zealand is small but if the government didn't give a damn it would still be rampant there.

Masks are more accepted in Asian countries because they aren't dumbarses. Even vain people will wear a mask. Not every Asian country is run by a dictatorship either. Taiwan, Singapore, South Korea etc, all got a handle on this without dictator governments.

Plenty of dictator countries doing a lot worse than China too

Sweden is the perfect example of what happens when the government doesn't give an F. Your neighbours on either side are fairing much better than you guys. Goes to show how many unnecessarily dead Swedes there are in the ground or turned to ash now.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #19773 on: November 18, 2020, 04:07:44 AM »
Shifter, please tell us more about Australia's pandemic response.  I don't think you've mentioned it before.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #19774 on: November 18, 2020, 05:21:02 AM »
Shifter, please tell us more about Australia's pandemic response.  I don't think you've mentioned it before.

Victoria to almost get to the point of eliminating the virus mandated the wearing of masks, did a hard lock down, people had to work from home if that was possible, only go out for essential things, limited the amount of people at gatherings (like weddings) or how many people you could invite to your home, could not enter/lave the state barring a few circumstances and instigated night time curfews. It sure crippled the viruses r0 value. I think some of the things was a tad too hard from an economic perspective but the results speak for themselves

South Australia is cracking down on a new cluster doing a 6 day hard lock down the moment it eventuated. Hopefully going in early will prevent the need for a longer term lock down

We also have contact tracing. Currently businesses in almost every state must have a sign in register or the QRcode.

Most states at the moment have great contact tracing abilities and can get on top of any new case and isolate those affected as they come so apart from social distancing for most people, all the shops are still open, restaurants open and business pretty much is going on as usual.

International flights need a pretty compelling reason to leave here and we are limiting the amount of people that can come back at any one time. Everyone that does come back has to be put in mandatory 2 week 'hotel quarantine'

It's really not rocket science. You get the r0 value down to less than 1 and you will beat this thing eventually. Having everyone, healthy and sick wear a mask, coupled with social distancing is one way to do it. And most businesses can still pretty much go on as normal at the same time. People just need to get over the vanity of wearing a mask. What Victoria did was to essentially speed up how long it would take to get to a stage you could say you almost eliminated it

In almost every instance where this has had community transmission, you could have essentially prevented it if everyone was wearing a mask. Masks are cheap. The cost to the economy and to peoples lives when this spreads unchecked is disastrous. Wearing a mask makes sense.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #19775 on: November 18, 2020, 05:42:21 AM »

Bingo! The U.S. is differently populated than Australia and New Zealand and China has a totalitarian government. That, and I don't trust China anyway.

It's ultimately boils down to individuals taking responsibility and making a conscious effort to practice social distancing, self-manage their contact tracing, and wear masks in public.
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

« Reply #19776 on: November 18, 2020, 05:56:23 AM »

Stuff about Australia...

You really didn't catch the sarcasm there?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19777 on: November 18, 2020, 06:56:58 AM »

>:D
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #19778 on: November 18, 2020, 07:31:28 AM »

Bingo! The U.S. is differently populated than Australia and New Zealand and China has a totalitarian government. That, and I don't trust China anyway.

It's ultimately boils down to individuals taking responsibility and making a conscious effort to practice social distancing, self-manage their contact tracing, and wear masks in public.

There are plenty of totalitarian/authoritarian/dictator governments where covid has run rampant so your argument there fails

Inside a city centre covid doesn't give a shit whether the country is an island or has other countries connecting to it on the same land mass. Melbourne here got hammered with covid hard and was able to get under control through the governments active measures to contain it. We had plenty of muppets carrying on like pork chops trying to flout the rules like they do in America. Ultimately though the consequences for being an idiot here were real and not tokenistic. People have been fined almost $5K and some have gone to jail for repeated breaching of the rules

Yes, "individuals taking responsibility and making a conscious effort to practice social distancing, self-manage their contact tracing, and wear masks in public" is great and very much needed. Also very hard to accomplish when you have a president who preaches the total opposite message to millions of followers that seem to hang on his every word

Stuff about Australia...

You really didn't catch the sarcasm there?

Despite the lack of a smiley or the green text we are supposed to use, I had a feeling but figured the yanks on here could do with seeing how a non Asian/dictator country can still sort their shit out

Know your place

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #19779 on: November 18, 2020, 07:47:55 AM »

More people would be willing to take that responsibility if their chosen media got behind doing the right thing and encouraged social distancing and wearing masks, instead of downplaying the pandemic and trying to pretend it doesn't exist.  The right wing media would be more willing to do just that if Trump and congressional republicans got behind mask wearing and social distancing.  I live in a super red southern state and have been listening to the local talk radio, every single host talks about how the masks do more harm than good, how ridiculous it is for the CDC to suggest not gathering together for Thanksgiving, how only Trump has been right about the response to the pandemic, how despite "our best efforts" the covid cases are on the rise again.  They don't seem to want to be willing to admit that maybe if we had a national mask mandate, we would be in a better position.  I can speak from experience, when my city didn't have a mask mandate, I'd see maybe 10% wearing one while out and about, now that we do have a mandate, I'm seeing more like 90% wearing masks.  If the government takes it seriously, so will the people.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19780 on: November 18, 2020, 08:18:12 AM »
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/526324-north-dakota-records-worlds-highest-covid-19-mortality-rate

North Dakota’s coronavirus mortality rate is the highest of any U.S. state or country, according to an analysis of data from last week conducted by the Federation of American Scientists.

The analysis, first reported by HuffPost, shows that North Dakota has a rate of 18.2 deaths per 1 million people. South Dakota, meanwhile, has 17.4 deaths per million, the third-worst rate in the world. The states have a total population of under 2 million.

I don't blame Trump for the pandemic, but if he'd made wearing masks and social distancing a form of patriotism then maybe people in North and South Dakota wouldn't be dropping like flies.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #19781 on: November 18, 2020, 08:21:14 AM »
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/526324-north-dakota-records-worlds-highest-covid-19-mortality-rate

North Dakota’s coronavirus mortality rate is the highest of any U.S. state or country, according to an analysis of data from last week conducted by the Federation of American Scientists.

The analysis, first reported by HuffPost, shows that North Dakota has a rate of 18.2 deaths per 1 million people. South Dakota, meanwhile, has 17.4 deaths per million, the third-worst rate in the world. The states have a total population of under 2 million.

I don't blame Trump for the pandemic, but if he'd made wearing masks and social distancing a form of patriotism then maybe people in North and South Dakota wouldn't be dropping like flies.
On the other hand, is it really that big of a loss for the us?

Member of the BOTD

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #19782 on: November 18, 2020, 08:23:43 AM »

What's your magic number for an acceptable loss?

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #19783 on: November 18, 2020, 08:33:02 AM »

Its not about the number, its about the place.

Member of the BOTD

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #19784 on: November 18, 2020, 08:59:29 AM »

As in the Dakotas? As in is it really that big of a deal to have 35 people die in those two States in particular as opposed to in other States?

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #19785 on: November 18, 2020, 09:00:42 AM »
Yes.

Member of the BOTD

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #19786 on: November 18, 2020, 09:00:44 AM »

As in the Dakotas? As in is it really that big of a deal to have 35 people die in those two States in particular as opposed to in other States?

I doubt the Dakotas have a population that exceeds 35 people.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #19787 on: November 18, 2020, 09:08:58 AM »

Maybe not for the US, but it is a huge loss for the families affected.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #19788 on: November 18, 2020, 09:11:16 AM »
Oh come on, dont be that serious  ::)

Member of the BOTD

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #19789 on: November 18, 2020, 09:12:38 AM »
Don't be that big of an ass.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #19790 on: November 18, 2020, 09:39:25 AM »

I should update wikipedia:

South Dakota
Population (2020)
 • Total   0
 • Rank   50th (Tied with North Dakota)
 • Density   0/sq mi (0/km2)
 • Density rank   50th (Tied with North Dakota)
 • Median household income   $0.00 [3]
 • Income rank   50th (Tied with North Dakota)

North Dakota
Population (2020)
 • Total   0
 • Rank   50th (Tied with South Dakota)
 • Density rank   50th (Tied with South Dakota)
 • Income rank   50th (Tied with South Dakota)

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #19791 on: November 18, 2020, 09:45:40 AM »
Don't be that big of an ass.

Are you a dakota?

Member of the BOTD

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #19792 on: November 18, 2020, 09:46:54 AM »

South Dakota
Population (2020)
 • Total   0

North Dakota
Population (2020)
 • Total   0

I didnt know the corone also kills one's sense of humour.

Member of the BOTD

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #19793 on: November 18, 2020, 10:18:03 AM »

South Dakota
Population (2020)
 • Total   0

North Dakota
Population (2020)
 • Total   0

I didnt know the corone also kills one's sense of humour.

Apparently it killed your sense of sarcasm.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19794 on: November 19, 2020, 02:59:25 PM »

The Lincoln Project has some new targets.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #19795 on: November 21, 2020, 07:24:04 PM »
We already know that Trump doesn't give a fetid pair of dingo's kidneys about the corone, but still...
Donald Trump skipped the G20 summit’s “Pandemic Preparedness” event to visit one of his golf clubs on the same day that a record 195,500 new Covid-19 infections were reported in a 24-hour period in the United States, according to Johns Hopkins.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #19796 on: November 22, 2020, 09:13:36 AM »
This is kind of like the Lincoln Project and SNL combined. It's worth the whole 2:38 seconds. Scathingly funny:

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19797 on: November 22, 2020, 11:40:42 AM »
That is pretty funny. I wonder if Geraldo is desperately trying to figure out how to get Trump fans to get the vaccine.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19798 on: December 01, 2020, 04:47:32 PM »
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/white-house-vetting-pardon-requests-push-trump-preemptively/story?id=74482289

As White House aides come to terms with the election results and turn their focus to the remaining weeks of President Trump's administration, multiple sources tell ABC News that various Trump allies and other lawyers have begun a campaign to petition the West Wing in hopes of securing pardons for those who might receive a sympathetic reception from the president.

Those in the mix for a potential pardon have ranged from family members and associates all the way to the Tiger King, according to sources.

It would be perfectly 2020 if he pardons Joe Exotic.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #19799 on: December 01, 2020, 04:56:33 PM »
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/white-house-vetting-pardon-requests-push-trump-preemptively/story?id=74482289

As White House aides come to terms with the election results and turn their focus to the remaining weeks of President Trump's administration, multiple sources tell ABC News that various Trump allies and other lawyers have begun a campaign to petition the West Wing in hopes of securing pardons for those who might receive a sympathetic reception from the president.

Those in the mix for a potential pardon have ranged from family members and associates all the way to the Tiger King, according to sources.

It would be perfectly 2020 if he pardons Joe Exotic.

I think it's time to ditch Pence and pick Joe Exotic as his 2024 running mate!
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget