Total Members Voted: 85

Why do you support donald trump

• 22460 Replies

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: Why do you support donald trump
« Reply #18510 on: July 11, 2020, 03:22:33 PM »
Pretty sure it's how many angles can dance on the head of a pin.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #18512 on: July 11, 2020, 07:03:23 PM »
Pretty sure it's how many anglers can dance on a pier.

FTFY
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #18513 on: July 11, 2020, 07:05:16 PM »
Our law and order president.

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/10/887721441/trump-commutes-sentence-of-longtime-friend-and-adviser-roger-stone

LAW AND ORDER.

Outch,  these guys are brutal.   

Pardonning Roger Stone is not playing very well in republican circles at the moment,  the only ones celebrating seem to be the extreme Trump supporters.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #18515 on: July 12, 2020, 07:21:46 AM »
I used to think that too.  But I've noticed that every time they hold him accountable for something like this then his poll numbers go up.  When the democrats aren't pushing any sort of action against him then his poll numbers steadily fall.

I think it's because these hearings distract people from noticing just how bad Trump is at this job.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #18516 on: July 12, 2020, 08:19:57 AM »
I used to think that too.  But I've noticed that every time they hold him accountable for something like this then his poll numbers go up.  When the democrats aren't pushing any sort of action against him then his poll numbers steadily fall.

I think it's because these hearings distract people from noticing just how bad Trump is at this job.

It's because when you force people who voted for Trump to focus on the terrible things he does, they feel ashamed and bad about voting for him and sink deeper into denial.

It's buyers remorse, but they can't afford to feel bad about it so just double down.

« Reply #18517 on: July 12, 2020, 08:58:17 AM »
Its the party lines aspect.
They have to defend their party when "attacked" by the repubs.
Also like the girls dating bad boys to piss off their parents.
You cant convince someone, they have to come to their own realizations.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #18518 on: July 17, 2020, 07:05:12 PM »
Are Americans dumb enough to let this happen?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-18/us-coronavirus-data-white-house-what-it-means-for-the-world/12467322

Everybody know that Trump is going to supress the data,  so from here on it shifts the narrative to whose data do you believe?

So, just like magic the pandemic is over,  everybody back to work!  Brilliant work by Trump.

Except for one tiny detail he's overlooked,  Americans aren't stupid....  Oh wait.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #18519 on: July 17, 2020, 07:57:51 PM »
No, we're definitely that stupid.

I don't think trump will succeed in suppressing this data though. Our system is too decentralized and trump is too stupid to shut it down.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #18520 on: July 17, 2020, 07:58:09 PM »
Pretty sure it's how many anglers can dance on a pier.

FTFY

Haha, the tuna shuffle. (on a boat)

Toss a bait and follow it down the rail.
Reel in, get a new bait, walk back up the empty side and cast again.

Lorddave

« Reply #18521 on: July 18, 2020, 05:39:38 AM »
No, we're definitely that stupid.

I don't think trump will succeed in suppressing this data though. Our system is too decentralized and trump is too stupid to shut it down.

He will.  He just centralized everything into a new system that's likely to be full of bugs and user error.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #18522 on: July 18, 2020, 11:43:58 AM »
Where I live, the government departement that is responsible for oublic health reports the numbers (from the whole country) plus every 'state' report their individual numbers. So its simultaneously centralized and decentralized and people here wouldn't even consider the option of fake numbers because that would be so incredibely ridiculous.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #18523 on: July 18, 2020, 12:28:04 PM »
I could be wrong but I believe it's that way here as well.  The government has a health department.  Every state also has a health department.  Utah for example has a system for reporting cases that's completely different from most other states.  Which is why I think any attempt to suppress the data isn't going to work.  Trump would have to derail the health department of every state and get them to reflect a different reality.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #18524 on: July 18, 2020, 12:49:21 PM »
I could be wrong but I believe it's that way here as well.  The government has a health department.  Every state also has a health department.  Utah for example has a system for reporting cases that's completely different from most other states.  Which is why I think any attempt to suppress the data isn't going to work.  Trump would have to derail the health department of every state and get them to reflect a different reality.

I really hope this is true (and will stay true), otherwise it would just be sad for everyone living in the united states.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Lorddave

« Reply #18525 on: July 18, 2020, 01:33:16 PM »

This isn't hard.

Trump: Hey, Republican state.  Do this with the numbers.  It'll make it look like all republican states are safe and all democrat states are plague ridden.
R-States: Yes sir Boss.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #18526 on: July 18, 2020, 02:00:40 PM »

This isn't hard.

Trump: Hey, Republican state.  Do this with the numbers.  It'll make it look like all republican states are safe and all democrat states are plague ridden.

Maybe.  But that would only be the red states and not even all of them would play ball.  Along the way all of the bureaucracy in those states would resist.  Trying to force a state to fake its numbers would be incredibly noisy.  Our system just isn't designed for secrecy.  It would be like that time Trump put a bunch of immigrant kids in cages.

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #18527 on: July 18, 2020, 02:03:25 PM »

Another reason I can't take Republicans seriously -- they've been hijacked by a narcissistic, paranoid windbag. They've got no spine.
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #18528 on: July 19, 2020, 11:49:14 AM »

Trump's interview with Chris Wallace mercifully edited down to 4 minutes so I don't have listen to a full hour of deranged lies.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #18529 on: July 19, 2020, 01:24:45 PM »

Trump's interview with Chris Wallace mercifully edited down to 4 minutes so I don't have listen to a full hour of deranged lies.

I wish they left in the part where Trump gets the Sanders-Biden "contract" and thumbing through it can't find anywhere where it says they want to "abolish" or "defund" the police. Real time fact checked and body slammed by Chris Wallace.

Lorddave

« Reply #18530 on: July 19, 2020, 10:15:52 PM »

I wish they left in the part where Trump gets the Sanders-Biden "contract" and thumbing through it can't find anywhere where it says they want to "abolish" or "defund" the police. Real time fact checked and body slammed by Chris Wallace.

Yeah, you know Trump is screwed when even Fox fact checks him.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #18531 on: July 20, 2020, 08:34:14 AM »

Yeah, you know Trump is screwed when even Fox fact checks him.
Nah.  Trump supporters don't listen to Chris Wallace.  Everyone knows that he's FOX's obligatory token Trump basher.  Now if someone like Tucker Carlson or Sean Hannity ever decided to fact check him, that would be a different story.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #18532 on: July 20, 2020, 01:01:12 PM »

Yep.  I wish they were being hyperbolic.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #18533 on: July 20, 2020, 01:34:10 PM »

Yep.  I wish they were being hyperbolic.

I don't watch a lot of TV (on the tv), so I wonder if these ads are on TV. Like do they buy time on Fox or CNN?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #18534 on: July 20, 2020, 02:06:23 PM »
I think a few of them made it to network TV.  Not sure though since I also don't watch a lot of television.  I think I've seen them on facebook though.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #18535 on: July 21, 2020, 02:31:28 AM »
Dumb Repugnican

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #18536 on: July 21, 2020, 10:28:01 AM »

This one is funny.

« Reply #18537 on: July 21, 2020, 12:47:36 PM »
So Trump has been bragging that he “aced” a cognitive test designed to see if someone has dementia as if that makes him a genius?

Amazing.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/trump-cognitive-test-montreal-assesment-iq-chris-wallace-interview-aced-a9629241.html

(Link to actual test in article)

« Reply #18538 on: July 21, 2020, 01:21:22 PM »
He clearly does not have the cognitive power to undersrand the purpose of the cognitive test.
Oh the irony.

Lorddave

« Reply #18539 on: July 21, 2020, 10:22:02 PM »
Yeah, the test is fairly simple for anyone without severe mental degredstion.  Which is why the doctors were shocked Trump passed it.  And he is bragging so hard.