He is the wild card we need
50 (54.9%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Why do you support donald trump

• 22433 Replies

Lorddave

Re: Why do you support donald trump
« Reply #17670 on: February 09, 2020, 01:30:05 AM »
I can barely remember anything about Romney's campaign except the dog on top of the car, and the binders full of women. I don't think I hated him or anything, just didn't think he was better than Obama.

And I will never forget Tom Bishop declaring that Romney is winning by a landslide and acting genuinely surprised to find out that Romney was not winning by a landslide.

I just remember Romney saying the truth at a closed fundraiser about only battling for 2 percent or something along those numbers.

As for Trump...I have never understood. He could afford the literal best of the best for his hair and tan, yet it seems like he goes for the Walmart special of 9.99. I have. Doesn't make any sense to me

Of course it does.  You think he's rich.  He wants you to think he's rich.  But what if he only has money because he buys as cheaply as possible?  After all, his salary right now is $1.  And, unless he lied, has divested from his company so has no income from that right now.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #17671 on: February 09, 2020, 09:02:41 AM »
Oh, I remember the thing about the 2% now. That really turned my mom against Romney.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #17672 on: February 10, 2020, 10:45:45 AM »
I can barely remember anything about Romney's campaign except the dog on top of the car, and the binders full of women. I don't think I hated him or anything, just didn't think he was better than Obama.

And I will never forget Tom Bishop declaring that Romney is winning by a landslide and acting genuinely surprised to find out that Romney was not winning by a landslide.

I just remember Romney saying the truth at a closed fundraiser about only battling for 2 percent or something along those numbers.

As for Trump...I have never understood. He could afford the literal best of the best for his hair and tan, yet it seems like he goes for the Walmart special of 9.99. I have. Doesn't make any sense to me

Of course it does.  You think he's rich.  He wants you to think he's rich.  But what if he only has money because he buys as cheaply as possible?  After all, his salary right now is $1.  And, unless he lied, has divested from his company so has no income from that right now.
He didn't divest, he just gave up operations of the company. He still makes money from his businesses, such as Mar-A-Lago.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Lorddave

« Reply #17673 on: February 10, 2020, 11:02:05 AM »

He didn't divest, he just gave up operations of the company. He still makes money from his businesses, such as Mar-A-Lago.

I recall his lawyer saying divested, at least while in office.  Otherwise that is a giant violation of the constitution.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #17674 on: February 10, 2020, 02:04:03 PM »

I recall his lawyer saying divested, at least while in office.  Otherwise that is a giant violation of the constitution.
Nope, definitely didn't divest. That's what all those claims of emolument violations are regarding the Trump hotel in DC. He just supposedly has no say in day to day operations, which are handled by Eric and Don Jr. He still makes profit from all of his business, including his Ireland hold club where Pence stayed at Trump's invitation despite his meetings there being hours away.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #17675 on: February 10, 2020, 05:35:36 PM »

Nope, definitely didn't divest. That's what all those claims of emolument violations are regarding the Trump hotel in DC. He just supposedly has no say in day to day operations, which are handled by Eric and Don Jr. He still makes profit from all of his business, including his Ireland hold club where Pence stayed at Trump's invitation despite his meetings there being hours away.

Don't forget the Secret Service staying in $650 per night rooms at Mar-A-Lago.   

I'd like to see the bar tab for that.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #17676 on: February 17, 2020, 04:41:22 PM »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/02/17/roger-stone-sentence-judges-worried-political-interference/4788155002/

Federal judges' association calls emergency meeting after DOJ intervenes in case of Trump ally Roger Stone

WASHINGTON – A national association of federal judges has called an emergency meeting Tuesday to address growing concerns about the intervention of Justice Department officials and President Donald Trump in politically sensitive cases, the group’s president said Monday.

Philadelphia U.S. District Judge Cynthia Rufe, who heads the independent Federal Judges Association, said the group “could not wait” until its spring conference to weigh in on a deepening crisis that has enveloped the Justice Department and Attorney General William Barr.

“There are plenty of issues that we are concerned about,” Rufe told USA TODAY. “We’ll talk all of this through.”

Rufe, nominated to the bench by President George W. Bush, said the group of more than 1,000 federal jurists called for the meeting last week after Trump criticized prosecutors' initial sentencing recommendation for his friend Roger Stone and the Department of Justice overruled them.

Trump also took a swipe at the federal judge who is set to preside at Stone’s sentencing hearing Thursday.

“Is this the judge that put Paul Manafort in SOLITARY CONFINEMENT, something not even mobster Al Capone had to endure?” Trump tweeted last week, referring to U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson. “How did she treat Crooked Hillary Clinton? Just asking!"

Jackson jailed Manafort, Trump's former campaign chairman, prior to his convictions in two separate financial fraud cases after he sought to tamper with potential witnesses.   

Rufe said the judges' association is “not inclined to get involved with an ongoing case,” but she voiced strong support for Jackson.

“I am not concerned with how a particular judge will rule,” Rufe said, praising Jackson's reputation. “We are supportive of any federal judge who does what is required.”

The unusual concern voiced by the judges’ group comes in the wake of an equally unusual protest. More than 2,000 former Justice Department officials called on Barr to resign Sunday, claiming his handling of the Stone case "openly and repeatedly flouted" the principle of equal justice.

Drain the swamp!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #17677 on: February 17, 2020, 04:50:04 PM »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/02/17/roger-stone-sentence-judges-worried-political-interference/4788155002/

Federal judges' association calls emergency meeting after DOJ intervenes in case of Trump ally Roger Stone

WASHINGTON – A national association of federal judges has called an emergency meeting Tuesday to address growing concerns about the intervention of Justice Department officials and President Donald Trump in politically sensitive cases, the group’s president said Monday.

Philadelphia U.S. District Judge Cynthia Rufe, who heads the independent Federal Judges Association, said the group “could not wait” until its spring conference to weigh in on a deepening crisis that has enveloped the Justice Department and Attorney General William Barr.

“There are plenty of issues that we are concerned about,” Rufe told USA TODAY. “We’ll talk all of this through.”

Rufe, nominated to the bench by President George W. Bush, said the group of more than 1,000 federal jurists called for the meeting last week after Trump criticized prosecutors' initial sentencing recommendation for his friend Roger Stone and the Department of Justice overruled them.

Trump also took a swipe at the federal judge who is set to preside at Stone’s sentencing hearing Thursday.

“Is this the judge that put Paul Manafort in SOLITARY CONFINEMENT, something not even mobster Al Capone had to endure?” Trump tweeted last week, referring to U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson. “How did she treat Crooked Hillary Clinton? Just asking!"

Jackson jailed Manafort, Trump's former campaign chairman, prior to his convictions in two separate financial fraud cases after he sought to tamper with potential witnesses.   

Rufe said the judges' association is “not inclined to get involved with an ongoing case,” but she voiced strong support for Jackson.

“I am not concerned with how a particular judge will rule,” Rufe said, praising Jackson's reputation. “We are supportive of any federal judge who does what is required.”

The unusual concern voiced by the judges’ group comes in the wake of an equally unusual protest. More than 2,000 former Justice Department officials called on Barr to resign Sunday, claiming his handling of the Stone case "openly and repeatedly flouted" the principle of equal justice.

Drain the swamp!

Could Trumps rhetoric be seen as 'intimidating' or attempting to influence judges (eg by trying to get present or future judges to go softer on Trumps political friends and some even resigned from the case after his comments). Is this in itself impeachable? Not sure the dems want to take that road again given the repugnants are far from impartial themselves. Although although for future historical records and posterity perhaps they should)

Trumps whether perceived or real is damaging the impartiality of the court. He's done it to the Reserve Bank too. Trying to give them instruction in how they should operate.  ??? ::)

The problem is. When they do move on interest rates - are they doing it because Trump was getting pissed? Or because it was good and time for the economy. No one knows now.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #17678 on: February 17, 2020, 04:58:52 PM »
Does Trump know that Crooked Hilary was not on trial, so Jackson couldn't have put her in solitary?

It's all so corrupt and bizarre. I do not understand why anyone still supports him.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #17679 on: February 18, 2020, 10:22:57 AM »
Does Trump know that Crooked Hilary was not on trial, so Jackson couldn't have put her in solitary?

It's all so corrupt and bizarre. I do not understand why anyone still supports him.

The crowd at the Daytona 500 might give you some insight into hardcore Trump supporters.
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/trump-daytona-500-the-beast-limo
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #17680 on: February 18, 2020, 10:58:48 AM »
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #17681 on: February 18, 2020, 11:02:16 AM »
He's really going for the "God, family, and country" thing. A bunch of my family are flag waving, troop loving, Christians. I will never understand how they can overlook his draft dodging, pussy grabbing, phoniness.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #17682 on: February 18, 2020, 11:05:35 AM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/18/trump-expected-to-grant-clemency-to-rod-blagojevich-bernard-kerik.html

Looks like Trump just found his next attorney general.

All of his friends seem to go to jail for corruption, and he's draining those swampy jails by pardoning them.

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #17683 on: February 18, 2020, 11:59:43 AM »
We've had good presidents and bad presidents. But we've never before (at least in my long lifetime) had a president as openly corrupt as Trump, or a president as openly contemptuous of the rule of law. Trump is the swamp. A pestilential disease-infested swamp.

« Reply #17684 on: February 18, 2020, 01:21:20 PM »
Aaah
But he is so bad at keeping things on the downlow that all the lies, enabling, and lobbying is coming to the for front.
A smarter president could hide things.
We know in real time the shady shitshow happening in venezuela, ukraine, saudi, israel, and iran.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #17685 on: February 18, 2020, 03:08:11 PM »
Look on the bright side.  Blagovech(sp?) is a democrat so at least Trump's commitment to corruption crosses party lines.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #17686 on: February 18, 2020, 03:29:20 PM »
He's really going for the "God, family, and country" thing.
Which is really ironic coming from a draft dodging serial cheater on his 3rd marriage.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #17687 on: February 18, 2020, 03:37:48 PM »
Proof that we're living in a simulation!

I refuse to believe that half the country is really this stupid.  It's probably true but I refuse to believe it.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #17688 on: February 18, 2020, 03:47:29 PM »
Have you been watching Phetasy, Crouton?

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #17689 on: February 18, 2020, 03:48:42 PM »

I refuse to believe that half the country is really this stupid.  It's probably true but I refuse to believe it.

Whenever he does something outrageous,  look around to see what he's trying to distract you from.    My guess is he's putting up a smokescreen for something worse.
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

« Reply #17690 on: February 18, 2020, 03:56:55 PM »

Jordan klepper really does a number on them

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #17691 on: February 18, 2020, 04:08:31 PM »
Have you been watching Phetasy, Crouton?

I have actually.  She's pretty funny.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #17692 on: February 18, 2020, 04:15:18 PM »
When something stupid is happening "and the unicorns dance while the world burns" gets stuck in my head.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn

Lorddave

« Reply #17694 on: February 19, 2020, 12:45:52 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/19/trump-offered-julian-assange-pardon-for-covering-up-russian-hacking.html

dafuq...

Is it weird that my first thought was " why is that quite missing a bit in the middle" and my second is "how does the press secretary know who Trump knows or doesn't know and how well?  Are they telepathically linked or something?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #17695 on: February 19, 2020, 05:26:58 PM »
https://www.rohrabacher.com/news/my-meeting-with-julian-assange

My Meeting with Julian Assange

2/19/2020

There is a lot of misinformation floating out there regarding my meeting with Julian Assange so let me provide some clarity on the matter:

At no time did I talk to President Trump about Julian Assange.  Likewise, I was not directed by Trump or anyone else connected with him to meet with Julian Assange. I was on my own fact finding mission at personal expense to find out information I thought was important to our country.  I was shocked to find out that no other member of Congress had taken the time in their official or unofficial capacity to interview Julian Assange.  At no time did I offer Julian Assange anything from the President because I had not spoken with the President about this issue at all.  However, when speaking with Julian Assange, I told him that if he could provide me information and evidence about who actually gave him the DNC emails, I would then call on President Trump to pardon him. At no time did I offer a deal made by the President, nor did I say I was representing the President. Upon my return, I spoke briefly with Gen. Kelly. I told him that Julian Assange would provide information about the purloined DNC emails in exchange for a pardon. No one followed up with me including Gen. Kelly and that was the last discussion I had on this subject with anyone representing Trump or in his Administration. 

Even though I wasn't successful in getting this message through to the President I still call on him to pardon Julian Assange, who is the true whistleblower of our time.  Finally, we are all holding our breath waiting for an honest investigation into the murder of Seth Rich.

lol

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #17696 on: February 19, 2020, 06:47:25 PM »
This is from 2017

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alt-right-figure-set-assange-meeting-refuses-cooperate-senate-intel-probe-172020121.html

A controversial “alt-right” journalist and provocateur who met with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in London this week says he is refusing to turn over documents and emails requested by the Senate Intelligence Committee about any contacts he has had with Russian agents, telling Yahoo News he has no intention of cooperating with the panel’s investigation.

“I’m absolutely not” going to cooperate with the committee, Charles C. Johnson said in an interview after returning from London, where he had set up a meeting this week between Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Calif., and Assange at the Ecuadorian Embassy.

Chuck C. Johnson pooped on the floor (sorry, old meme).

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #17697 on: February 21, 2020, 06:34:23 PM »

Blagojevich is just like Nelson Mandela.  Well that explains everything.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #17698 on: February 21, 2020, 07:39:43 PM »
Wasn't Blagojevich the one that tried to sell Obama's senate seat after he won the presidency? Public corruption at its finest.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #17699 on: February 21, 2020, 07:47:03 PM »
Indeed he was.  It's hard to imagine a more clear case of the sort of corruption that should definitely land someone in prison.