50 (54.9%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Why do you support donald trump

• 22433 Replies

Lorddave

Re: Why do you support donald trump
« Reply #16410 on: October 09, 2019, 10:50:47 AM »
Trump will not be impeached.

He serves as putin's slave, remember you collusion conspiracy pushers?

Putin is all powerful and will protect Trump as RUSSIA HAS FINALLY ACHIEVED WORLD DOMINANCE!

Or the Republicans in the senate, fearing a backlash from voters, will vote to not convict.
What about the backlash if they don't vote to convict?
That backlash would come from people who wouldn't vote for them regardless of if they vote to convict or not.
Exactly.
Plus, political parties in America are binary: You are either going to vote your party, or you aren't.  If the GOP put up Satan himself as the nominee, with him wildly claiming to be satan and evil and will bring the world to it's knees... he'd still get almost half of votes.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #16411 on: October 09, 2019, 10:58:30 AM »
Republicans senators that vote to impeach would face enormous backlash I'm sure.  For now.

In time though the criminality of Trump will be more widely appreciated and I think the Republican party as a whole will be degraded by defending him.

Big picture though I think the biggest effect all of those investigations and the impeachment inquiry is having is a completely paralyzed administration.  All of the Republican party's political capital is being spent keeping Trump out of prison.  What was the last major thing Trump has done?  The tax give away to the rich?  That was like two years ago.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #16412 on: October 09, 2019, 11:01:30 AM »
Republicans senators that vote to impeach would face enormous backlash I'm sure.  For now.

In time though the criminality of Trump will be more widely appreciated and I think the Republican party as a whole will be degraded by defending him.

Big picture though I think the biggest effect all of those investigations and the impeachment inquiry is having is a completely paralyzed administration.  All of the Republican party's political capital is being spent keeping Trump out of prison.  What was the last major thing Trump has done?  The tax give away to the rich?  That was like two years ago.

Well, if you don't want the extra money from paying less taxes out of your paycheck, I'll gladly take it. ;)
You just got Weskered, bitches!

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #16413 on: October 09, 2019, 11:20:00 AM »

Well, if you don't want the extra money from paying less taxes out of your paycheck, I'll gladly take it. ;)
Every little bit counts, but that's all I got, a little bit. I saw about $60 a month extra increase from it.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #16414 on: October 09, 2019, 11:22:44 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/world/trump-turkey-syria-kurdish-troops-military-assault

Wow Turkey didn't waste anytime massacring our allies.   Well, former allies I guess.

#MAGA!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #16415 on: October 09, 2019, 11:40:13 AM »

If only that was the case:

Billionaires paid less in taxes than the working class last year for the first time in U.S. history, a study found.

Economists Emmanuel Saez and Gabriel Zucman found in their book-length study "The Triumph of Injustice" that the average tax rate paid by the richest 400 families in the country was lower than the rate paid by the bottom half of American households in 2018, The Washington Post reported.

The wealthiest 400 families had a 23 percent tax rate, compared to the bottom half of households, which had a 24.2 percent tax rate.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #16416 on: October 09, 2019, 11:51:16 AM »
I'm all in a favor of a single flat tax rate across the board.
You just got Weskered, bitches!

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #16417 on: October 09, 2019, 12:10:32 PM »
We're gonna start seeing more bombings by Kurds now too. There will be a huge mess here.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #16418 on: October 09, 2019, 04:51:25 PM »
There is that.  But on the other hand Trump brings up a very good point.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-abandoning-kurds-syria-didnt-help-during-wwii-allies-2019-10

The kurds didn't help us in ww2.  I suspect they also didn't lend any troops for the battle of Thermopylae either.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #16419 on: October 09, 2019, 05:43:34 PM »

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-abandoning-kurds-syria-didnt-help-during-wwii-allies-2019-10

The kurds didn't help us in ww2.  I suspect they also didn't lend any troops for the battle of Thermopylae either.

There's been 2-3 generations of people born since then. Stupid to retroactively apply 'payback' over it. Besides, I doubt Trump thought about that when he had this brain fart idea.

Also, had the Kurds helped us, I still think Trump would abandon them anyway. He simply doesn't give a shit.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #16420 on: October 09, 2019, 05:53:15 PM »
Captain bone spurs never helped anyone but himself.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #16421 on: October 09, 2019, 05:56:26 PM »

The weren't there to help fight the British in 1776 either.  Fair weather friends.

Seriously, though isn't this exactly what Putin wants.  Remember those Russian mercenaries who got their asses kicked by the Americans?

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Pezevenk

« Reply #16422 on: October 10, 2019, 12:12:51 AM »

It's not even true btw, he's just making shit up.

I'm trying to understand how they were supposed to show up in Normandy though. I'm not sure Trump understands what the Kurds are.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 12:15:02 AM by Pezevenk »

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #16423 on: October 10, 2019, 12:13:52 AM »
Seriously, though isn't this exactly what Putin wants. 
Not really, this is exactly what Erdogan wants though.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #16424 on: October 10, 2019, 02:46:18 AM »

I disagree,  Lavrov has already said publicly that they are willing to work with the Kurds and provide assistance in negoitating with Turkey,   this is exactly what Putin wants.

USA influence declines, and the Kremlin influence increases.

Pezevenk

« Reply #16425 on: October 10, 2019, 05:39:49 AM »

I disagree,  Lavrov has already said publicly that they are willing to work with the Kurds and provide assistance in negoitating with Turkey,   this is exactly what Putin wants.

USA influence declines, and the Kremlin influence increases.

Dude. Assad is somewhat of an ally of Putin. The Kurds are working with Assad now because they're trying to defend against Turkey invading Syria. Why is Putin's ally losing ground "exactly what Putin wants"? Maybe if the US didn't let Turkey do that it would also be "exactly what Putin wants", because it would be protecting Putin's ally. If you look at everything under the prism of Russiagate you're not really gonna make sense of anything. Turkey is big and powerful enough to play its own geopolitical games and the relations between Turkey, Syria, Russia and the US are a lot more complex than just boiling down to "Putin bought Trump".

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #16426 on: October 10, 2019, 07:45:25 AM »
Dude. Assad is somewhat of an ally of Putin. The Kurds are working with Assad now because they're trying to defend against Turkey invading Syria. Why is Putin's ally losing ground "exactly what Putin wants"? Maybe if the US didn't let Turkey do that it would also be "exactly what Putin wants", because it would be protecting Putin's ally. If you look at everything under the prism of Russiagate you're not really gonna make sense of anything. Turkey is big and powerful enough to play its own geopolitical games and the relations between Turkey, Syria, Russia and the US are a lot more complex than just boiling down to "Putin bought Trump".

I hear what you are saying,  and I'm not trying to simplify what is a complex situation.  But you need to understand what Russia is doing in the middle east,  why are they in Syria at all supporting Assad?   

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/09/world/russia-syria-turkey-kurd-oct-9-intl/index.html

They are playing both sides.

This quote echoes my thoughts fairly closely

Now Russia's moment may have arrived. Moscow wields influence with Ankara, Damascus and the Kurds. A statement from the Kurdish-led authorities on Wednesday seemed telling, the saying they welcomed statements by Russia's foreign minister and hoped that Russia would play a role in de-escalating the situation.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 07:48:47 AM by JerkFace »

Lorddave

« Reply #16427 on: October 10, 2019, 08:08:51 AM »
In news closer to home:

2 Giuliani Associates Arrested On Campaign Finance Violations https://n.pr/2OBh6VL

Bet they were donating to Trump.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Lorddave

« Reply #16428 on: October 10, 2019, 09:41:15 AM »
Oh and Fox is terrible now.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1182281836363485185?s=19

So... Yeah, there goes Trump's main news source.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #16429 on: October 10, 2019, 09:51:46 AM »
Oh and Fox is terrible now.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1182281836363485185?s=19

So... Yeah, there goes Trump's main news source.

I like this response:
Eric Wolfson
@EricWolfson

Replying to @realDonaldTrump @donnabrazile and 2 others
GREAT MOMENTS IN POTUS WISDOM Lincoln: “A house divided against itself cannot stand” FDR: “Only thing we have to fear is fear itself” JFK: “Ask not what your country can do for you…” Trump: “Oh well, I’m President!”
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Pezevenk

« Reply #16430 on: October 10, 2019, 09:56:32 AM »
But you need to understand what Russia is doing in the middle east,  why are they in Syria at all supporting Assad?   

For the same reasons almost everyone with power does similar stuff in that area. Of course they have interests. It is just that Putin isn't behind every dumb thing that Trump does or everything that happens everywhere in the world at all times, neither does everything that happens help him in some way.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #16431 on: October 10, 2019, 12:33:07 PM »

Well this is interesting.  I wonder who Congressman#1 is? 

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #16432 on: October 10, 2019, 01:46:27 PM »
He should have used red yard to link all the players together.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #16433 on: October 10, 2019, 01:50:44 PM »
Well, we should be able to figure out who Congressman #1 is shortly when we see someone hit with a fine for a $25k campaign finance violation.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #16434 on: October 10, 2019, 02:02:24 PM »
Alright, through some sleuthing, Committee #1 is America First Action, Inc. A Trump-Pence super PAC. I'll keep digging to figure out who the congressman is.

EDIT: Congressman #1 is Pete Session R-TX. You can find a $2,700 donation by one Lev Parnas of Florida dated 6/25/18 on the FEC website. Parnas is one of the indicted men, just so everyone is clear why that name is important.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 02:08:20 PM by DuckDodgers »

Lorddave

« Reply #16435 on: October 10, 2019, 02:11:36 PM »
Alright, through some sleuthing, Committee #1 is America First Action, Inc. A Trump-Pence super PAC. I'll keep digging to figure out who the congressman is.

EDIT: Congressman #1 is Pete Session R-TX. You can find a $2,700 donation by one Lev Parnas of Florida dated 6/25/18 on the FEC website. Parnas is one of the indicted men, just so everyone is clear why that name is important.

My money is on McConnel.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #16436 on: October 10, 2019, 02:46:34 PM »
We're gonna start seeing more bombings by Kurds now too. There will be a huge mess here.

Greece should step up and fix the problem.

. . . . . oh, right  ::)

Pezevenk

« Reply #16437 on: October 10, 2019, 03:29:59 PM »

Greece should step up and fix the problem.

. . . . . oh, right  ::)
Do you ever have anything half useful or insightful to say?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #16438 on: October 10, 2019, 05:03:03 PM »
It is just that Putin isn't behind every dumb thing that Trump does or everything that happens everywhere in the world at all times, neither does everything that happens help him in some way.

True, but somehow Putin seems to always get what he wants. 

Did you read what Mattis had to say about Syria?   I'd post a link but it's behind a paywall,  maybe if I can find it elsewhere I'll link to it.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #16439 on: October 10, 2019, 05:15:55 PM »