He is the wild card we need
39 (52%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Why do you support donald trump

• 16783 Replies

Lorddave

Re: Why do you support donald trump
« Reply #15510 on: August 14, 2019, 02:20:42 PM »
He has a few options. He could really ramp up tariffs on everyone,abuse his powers to provoke a recession now. This would cause the fed to react by cutting rates. Then a few months before the election, end all of the tariffs.
Lol I meant options to mitigate things after the crisis.

Irrelevant. The only effect a recession has on trump is harming his reelection chances. Therefore anything that moves a recession away from the general elections is just as good as remedying the problem.

This.

Although he could just double down, blame democrats, and let the hate flow.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #15511 on: August 14, 2019, 02:25:35 PM »
He has a few options. He could really ramp up tariffs on everyone,abuse his powers to provoke a recession now. This would cause the fed to react by cutting rates. Then a few months before the election, end all of the tariffs.

Irrelevant. The only effect a recession has on trump is harming his reelection chances. Therefore anything that moves a recession away from the general elections is just as good as remedying the problem.
Yes, what I said wasn't about Trump, it was more generally about how the recession will be managed. It could turn out worse than 2008.
It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Who wants to be a firefly and who wants to be a blue whale?
-Sceptimatic

Please do not jizz to win an argument.
-Crutonius

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from.
-Inty (again)

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #15512 on: August 14, 2019, 04:39:14 PM »

This.

Although he could just double down, blame democrats, and let the hate flow.

That might work.  However the economy is a special issue.  A lot of things that Trump does that are monstrous can fly under the radar of people that don't follow politics.  Trump puts kids in cages, not really something that affects most Americans.  The economy tanks and opioid addicted hillbilllies start losing their job at the dirt factory, that starts to affect people regardless of whatever crimes Trump has committed.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #15513 on: August 15, 2019, 02:01:33 AM »
opioid addicted hillbilllies start losing their job at the dirt factory

I assume you meant to type "Trump Supporters"

Just watched Rachel Maddow,  every so often she absolutely nails it,  and this time she got Moscow Mitch dead to rights.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Pezevenk

« Reply #15514 on: August 15, 2019, 02:53:13 AM »

I don't think it's very cool to mock poor people who are addicted to drugs in that way but whatever.

Anyways, no one should celebrate the recession in any way, it's not a way to beat Trump or whatever, who knows what kind of neofascist movement could come out of this? Not to mention the amount of suffering it is going to cause to normal people losing their jobs and houses. What if it hits too hard to manage after the 2020 elections and it is the term of a democrat now? You might just get Supertrump next. And, I mean, you already have a bunch of white supremacist shootings all the time, what happens if an actual fascist movement is created, and once all the armed fascist weirdos lose their jobs? This is all stuff that can happen during recessions. There was enough of a "pillow" to fall back on in 2008, there is no pillow now. I don't think it will be as big as 2008 if it hits, but what if it is? What happens then? And of course I have no clue what we'll do here, our debt is still about as high as it was before the first debt crisis, the only difference is that now our economy has shrunk significantly and everyone is poorer, but we have surpluses. Well, we won't have surpluses any more if your recession affects us too. What happens then, does the EU just leave us for dead this time? Unemployment is already like 20% here, how much will it still go up if a recession happens? The structure of the modern global economy is foundationally fucked but people never listen. I hope it doesn't happen but if it does people have to be ready, I don't mean just on a personal level. I mean people have to be ready politically, people have to know what's at fault, and should anticipate a neofascist current.
-Intikam

-Sceptimatic

-Crutonius

-Inty (again)

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #15515 on: August 15, 2019, 09:41:32 AM »

I don't think it's very cool to mock poor people who are addicted to drugs in that way but whatever.

I apologise to all those opioid addicted hillbillies who value their jobs at the dirt factory.    May their MAGA hats save them.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #15516 on: August 15, 2019, 10:00:24 AM »

Anyways, no one should celebrate the recession in any way, it's not a way to beat Trump or whatever, who knows what kind of neofascist movement could come out of this? Not to mention the amount of suffering it is going to cause to normal people losing their jobs and houses. What if it hits too hard to manage after the 2020 elections and it is the term of a democrat now? You might just get Supertrump next. And, I mean, you already have a bunch of white supremacist shootings all the time, what happens if an actual fascist movement is created, and once all the armed fascist weirdos lose their jobs? This is all stuff that can happen during recessions. There was enough of a "pillow" to fall back on in 2008, there is no pillow now. I don't think it will be as big as 2008 if it hits, but what if it is? What happens then? And of course I have no clue what we'll do here, our debt is still about as high as it was before the first debt crisis, the only difference is that now our economy has shrunk significantly and everyone is poorer, but we have surpluses. Well, we won't have surpluses any more if your recession affects us too. What happens then, does the EU just leave us for dead this time? Unemployment is already like 20% here, how much will it still go up if a recession happens? The structure of the modern global economy is foundationally fucked but people never listen. I hope it doesn't happen but if it does people have to be ready, I don't mean just on a personal level. I mean people have to be ready politically, people have to know what's at fault, and should anticipate a neofascist current.

I don't even know where I was going with the hillbilly thing.  I think I was just posting angry.

If it hits just after a Democrat takes the presidency then it's not too bad.  Same thing happened to Obama.  I don't think people blame Obama for that but I could be wrong.

There is the concern of Trump blaming brown people for the recession and you get a situation like Germany in the 1930s.  But I feel that Trump has too many resistance for that to be a problem.

I agree that we are not in a good situation to resist another recession.  We've squandered this period of economic prosperity by giving massive tax cuts to the rich when we should have been raising interest rates and paying off debt.

Pezevenk

« Reply #15517 on: August 15, 2019, 10:31:32 AM »
If it hits just after a Democrat takes the presidency then it's not too bad.  Same thing happened to Obama.  I don't think people blame Obama for that but I could be wrong.
Depends. How bad will it be? How well will it be handled? It is very possible that there will be a lot more rage than in 2008 and it may easily be directed against the government in charge. This can even be good in some cases but what I fear most is some sort of neofascist reaction. People already blame minorities for 2008 and a bunch of other stuff. And you have people like Tucker Carlson peddling stuff getting very close to third positionism, that sort of stuff may get very popular in a scenario like that.

There is the concern of Trump blaming brown people for the recession and you get a situation like Germany in the 1930s.  But I feel that Trump has too many resistance for that to be a problem.
It's not a matter of just Trump, the greatest danger is the people who don't think Trump is enough. The people closer to Richard Spencer.

I agree that we are not in a good situation to resist another recession.  We've squandered this period of economic prosperity by giving massive tax cuts to the rich when we should have been raising interest rates and paying off debt.
Eh, debt is not a big deal for the US, definitely not what will cause the recession. Debt will become more of an issue if the US and the dollar lose the special position they have on the world stage and even then it would be manageable. There are much more pressing issues.
-Intikam

-Sceptimatic

-Crutonius

-Inty (again)

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #15518 on: August 15, 2019, 10:14:15 PM »
Fox News: Trump has expressed serious interest in buying Greenland: report.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-has-reportedly-expressed-serious-interest-in-acquiring-greenland

Okay fox news. I really need you to explain to the country why buying Greenland doesnt sound like the ravings of a madman. I guess I'll have to check out hannity.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #15519 on: August 15, 2019, 10:32:19 PM »
I have never been so close to thinking of voting Democrat.

But all their candidates are so completely fucked so far they aren't any better than Trump.

I think the Simpsons may be right again...it's time to vote

inanimate carbon rod
Quote from: Crutchwater
Quote from: FlatOrange
You can't murder a suicide victim
Tell that to Epstein!

Lorddave

« Reply #15520 on: August 15, 2019, 10:38:48 PM »

But all their candidates are so completely fucked so far they aren't any better than Trump.

inanimate carbon rod

Fucked in what way?
No hope of winning?
Fucked up in the head?
Fucked up in a 'I like to get crowds riled up against my enemies'?

Lorddave

« Reply #15521 on: August 15, 2019, 10:41:29 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-has-reportedly-expressed-serious-interest-in-acquiring-greenland

Okay fox news. I really need you to explain to the country why buying Greenland doesnt sound like the ravings of a madman. I guess I'll have to check out hannity.

This isn't a madman's rantings. Remember, we bought Alaska, middle America, (took?) Puerto rico and various other smaller islands in the pacific.  And other presidents have tried to buy Greenland.  This is about man who wants a legacy.  He wants to be the president who made America physically bigger by buying more land.

Honestly, this is about a normal as Trump gets.  Remember, he is a real estate tycoon.

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #15522 on: August 15, 2019, 10:55:27 PM »

This isn't a madman's rantings. Remember, we bought Alaska, middle America, (took?) Puerto rico and various other smaller islands in the pacific.  And other presidents have tried to buy Greenland.  This is about man who wants a legacy.  He wants to be the president who made America physically bigger by buying more land.

Honestly, this is about a normal as Trump gets.  Remember, he is a real estate tycoon.

Apparently it would make a good golf course, now that the ice is melting.   "Trump Greenland Golf Course"

Bom Tishop

« Reply #15523 on: August 15, 2019, 10:58:44 PM »

inanimate carbon rod

Fucked in what way?
No hope of winning?
Fucked up in the head?

Depends on the candidate.

Some are fucked in the head, fucked for a chance to win or simply just fucked.

That doesn't include the incompetent or those that actually hate America and it's populous excluding the "colored" folks ....which as I always say blows my mind. That term used to be a very racist term decades ago. I remember an old fart that used to be my neighbor when I was younger would always use that and was like nails on a chalkboard
Tell that to Epstein!

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #15524 on: August 15, 2019, 11:08:21 PM »

Maybe but I see in the article there's two times we've tried to buy Greenland.  Around the Civil War when we were still expanding and right after ww2 when there was a strategic rationale.  Neither situation applies to us now.

This just seems... weird.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #15525 on: August 15, 2019, 11:18:38 PM »

Maybe but I see in the article there's two times we've tried to buy Greenland.  Around the Civil War when we were still expanding and right after ww2 when there was a strategic rationale.  Neither situation applies to us now.

To me it seems as dumb as a broke company buying another company.

In business this of course would never happen (well in business America would be bankrupt some time ago), must be nice to be a country, and one with a seemingly endless line of credit.

Oh and one with a currency the rest of the world uses
Tell that to Epstein!

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #15526 on: August 15, 2019, 11:55:48 PM »

To me it seems as dumb as a broke company buying another company.

In business this of course would never happen (well in business America would be bankrupt some time ago), must be nice to be a country, and one with a seemingly endless line of credit.

Oh and one with a currency the rest of the world uses

I don't know why this story makes me think of this scene from the princess bride.

It can't be a coincidence.

Lorddave

« Reply #15527 on: August 16, 2019, 01:54:32 AM »

inanimate carbon rod

Fucked in what way?
No hope of winning?
Fucked up in the head?

Depends on the candidate.

Some are fucked in the head, fucked for a chance to win or simply just fucked.

That doesn't include the incompetent or those that actually hate America and it's populous excluding the "colored" folks ....which as I always say blows my mind. That term used to be a very racist term decades ago. I remember an old fart that used to be my neighbor when I was younger would always use that and was like nails on a chalkboard

Which ones hate America?  And why? 

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #15528 on: August 16, 2019, 01:38:26 PM »
Well I think I can see where Trump's first and hopefully only term ends, with the United States invading Greenland.

This is why I have to follow politics now.  In 40 years someone needs to explain why we're in a never ending war with Greenland.

Pezevenk

« Reply #15529 on: August 16, 2019, 01:45:45 PM »
Can't wait for the guerilla polar bears to start attacking aircraft carriers.
-Intikam

-Sceptimatic

-Crutonius

-Inty (again)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #15530 on: August 16, 2019, 03:56:37 PM »
https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1162373609698004994?s=20
Kaitlan Collins
@kaitlancollins
President Trump called and left a voicemail apologizing to the man he mocked as overweight, a White House official says. He confused him for a protester last night in New Hampshire. That guys got a serious weight problem, Trump said. Go home. Start exercising.

lol
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #15531 on: August 17, 2019, 04:43:24 AM »
Actually, he didn't apologise.  Even the Whitehouse statement made it clear that he didn't apologise, he just "thanked him for his support".

Obviously the guy needs to work on getting a body like Trump's.

Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #15532 on: August 17, 2019, 11:26:47 AM »
At least his hips don't lie.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Lorddave

« Reply #15533 on: August 18, 2019, 03:14:27 AM »
Pa. Workers Forced To Choose Between Watching Trump, No Pay Or Using Paid Time Off https://n.pr/2YZheVF

Nothing says campaign rally like blackmailing an audience.

Also the whole 'If your union won't support me, they aren't doing their job' bit. 

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • "Umm, WTF ???"
« Reply #15534 on: August 18, 2019, 03:18:32 AM »
fuckin' politicians    >:(
RE can never win this argument.
FE can't be disproved.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #15535 on: August 18, 2019, 08:41:51 AM »
How can it be legal to force people to attend a rally? If I had to do that, I would boo until they kicked me out.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #15536 on: August 18, 2019, 08:54:31 AM »
How can it be legal to force people to attend a rally? If I had to do that, I would boo until they kicked me out.
They weren't forced to attend.  They were given the option to take the time off either with or without pay.  Personally, I think it'd be worth burning up a vacation day.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #15537 on: August 18, 2019, 09:05:21 AM »
They weren't forced to attend.  They were given the option to take the time off either with or without pay.  Personally, I think it'd be worth burning up a vacation day.

Not a lawyer but it sounds really illegal. 

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #15538 on: August 18, 2019, 09:14:01 AM »
Some of them might not have any vacation or be able to afford to take a day off without pay.

Lorddave

« Reply #15539 on: August 18, 2019, 10:23:44 AM »
Its not illegal because it was framed as a work function by the company Trump was speaking at.