50 (54.9%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Why do you support donald trump

• 22433 Replies

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
Re: Why do you support donald trump
« Reply #15030 on: July 07, 2019, 09:09:00 AM »
How did no one like burn his house down or something after all this time?
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

« Reply #15031 on: July 08, 2019, 08:58:03 AM »
You're right! Someone does get taxed to pay for the free stuff!

Thing is, the return the majority of people get by far outpaces the increased contribution they have to pay. It is not that complicated. Most of the costs are payed by the richest few people. American conservatives not understanding these things or lying about them is why you've managed to have shittier healthcare than my broke ass country.
This is rich!

Pezevenk - "You receive more than what you put in."

SHEER HILARITY AT ITS FINEST!

« Reply #15032 on: July 08, 2019, 09:02:53 AM »
"...why you've managed to have shittier healthcare than my broke ass country."
Curious, the UK has single payer healthcare and no one would even consider changing it for the US system.
Talks about the glorious nature of his healthcare system, yet offers no concrete details and offers up another supposed "...better than yours..." example...

Not one of you doofuses have ever experienced healthcare in the US to even make a just comparison.

Somebody told somebody you know the system was bad...

Here you are, foreign interlopers, all of you...

I thought foreigners interloping in US Politics was bad?

Pezevenk

« Reply #15033 on: July 08, 2019, 09:14:48 AM »
Curious, the UK has single payer healthcare and no one would even consider changing it for the US system.
Talks about the glorious nature of his healthcare system, yet offers no concrete details and offers up another supposed "...better than yours..." example...

Not one of you doofuses have ever experienced healthcare in the US to even make a just comparison.

It takes like 5 seconds to Google various researches and statistics comparing and ranking various systems. Plus I know people who left my country for the US or who lived there in the past and they're all pretty shocked about how expensive and inconvenient everything about healthcare there is.

Lol what?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #15034 on: July 08, 2019, 09:15:20 AM »

Thing is, the return the majority of people get by far outpaces the increased contribution they have to pay. It is not that complicated. Most of the costs are payed by the richest few people. American conservatives not understanding these things or lying about them is why you've managed to have shittier healthcare than my broke ass country.
This is rich!

Do you have like an argument or something?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #15035 on: July 08, 2019, 09:47:41 AM »
He doesn't. There's no reason to bother with him.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Lorddave

« Reply #15036 on: July 08, 2019, 10:21:08 AM »

I have.
And Norwegian.

And I agree with these guys.  US has big issues.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #15037 on: July 08, 2019, 10:44:51 AM »

I have.
And Norwegian.

Agreed....

Though PEZ's shtick about you receiving more than you put in for everyone is impossible... mathematically not correct.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Pezevenk

« Reply #15038 on: July 08, 2019, 11:53:11 AM »

I have.
And Norwegian.

Agreed....

Though PEZ's shtick about you receiving more than you put in for everyone is impossible... mathematically not correct.
Really? Explain why. I mean what you're saying is obviously false for those who have almost no income, as they are also paying almost no taxes but getting the same healthcare as everyone, whereas before they could get almost none. So we already have a portion of the population which definitely gets more back than they put in so you are already wrong but whatever. The thing is that you are wrong for the majority of the population, since the upper half of incomes pays significantly more in taxes compared to the lower half. If for the sake of argument the value of healthcare you got was proportional to your income and if the single payer scheme gave everyone the sort of quality that the median income could get,

Consider this: there are ten people, each of whom can spend 10% of their income on healthcare and the healthcare they get is proportional to the money they put in. The first person makes 10 bucks, the second makes 20, the third makes 30, etc. up to 100. So the first person receives 1 dollar worth of healthcare, the second receives 2, etc. Now let's introduce a 10% tax to pay for a single payer scheme. These people now pay in taxes 1, 2, 3, etc. dollars each. The sum of that is 55 dollars. Distribute that evenly and everyone gets 5.5 dollars worth of healthcare. That is more than half the people put in. The only ones who get less than that are the upper half of incomes. In reality this is even more skewed because progressive taxation exists. And all this is still ignoring the fact that the US pays significantly more per capita than countries with universal healthcare because the system allows both middlemen, insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies to massively inflate costs.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Bom Tishop

« Reply #15039 on: July 08, 2019, 01:02:02 PM »
If you read between the lines I said not EVERYONE will get more than they put in.

Example, someone like myself would be at a net loss, but I am ok with that if it means quality healthcare for everyone. Some probably aren't, but don't say everyone gets more than they put it... Just basic math and economics says that is impossible.

Pezevenk

« Reply #15040 on: July 08, 2019, 01:05:37 PM »
If you read between the lines I said not EVERYONE will get more than they put in.

If you read between the lines I never said everyone would. Read my post:

Thing is, the return the majority of people get by far outpaces the increased contribution they have to pay. It is not that complicated. Most of the costs are payed by the richest few people.

Plus I forgot to mention that because there is a very steep increase in the upper end of incomes and the mean income is above the median income, the people who will get more than they put in are in practice even more.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 01:07:28 PM by Pezevenk »

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Bom Tishop

« Reply #15041 on: July 08, 2019, 01:18:22 PM »

Thing is, the return the majority of people get by far outpaces the increased contribution they have to pay. It is not that complicated. Most of the costs are payed by the richest few people.

Plus I forgot to mention that because there is a very steep increase in the upper end of incomes and the mean income is above the median income, the people who will get more than they put in are in practice even more.

And I am totally fine with that.

You do realize we will have to fix our system completely for any of that to work. With medical care and pharmaceutical prices with no regulation and literally charging whatever the hell they want. You can tax all the rich 100 percent and that won't be a drop in the bucket

Pezevenk

« Reply #15042 on: July 08, 2019, 01:37:17 PM »

You do realize we will have to fix our system completely for any of that to work. With medical care and pharmaceutical prices with no regulation and literally charging whatever the hell they want. You can tax all the rich 100 percent and that won't be a drop in the bucket
That's what I said. If you implement single payer properly it can work well in the US. It will also have the power to drop prices since the government will have much more power to negotiate. Also build proper free public hospitals.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 01:40:13 PM by Pezevenk »

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Lorddave

« Reply #15043 on: July 08, 2019, 02:46:24 PM »

Example, someone like myself would be at a net loss, but I am ok with that if it means quality healthcare for everyone. Some probably aren't, but don't say everyone gets more than they put it... Just basic math and economics says that is impossible.
How do you define the worth of what you get vs what it costs?  How much IS a doctor visit?  Do you compare by state?  National average?  Insurance company?

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #15044 on: July 08, 2019, 02:51:32 PM »

How do you define the worth of what you get vs what it costs?  How much IS a doctor visit?  Do you compare by state?  National average?  Insurance company?

Well I am sure it would be different for everyone.

How much it would cost you either paying out of pocket or insurance premiums/deductable.... It would of course be different from person to person... Someone healthy vs someone that is not.

Let's just say socialized healthcare costs 8 percent of our total gains per year. Someone who makes 20k per year and is unhealthy will certainly win vs someone who makes 200k per year and is perfectly healthy.

Lorddave

« Reply #15045 on: July 08, 2019, 10:45:50 PM »

Well I am sure it would be different for everyone.

How much it would cost you either paying out of pocket or insurance premiums/deductable.... It would of course be different from person to person... Someone healthy vs someone that is not.

Let's just say socialized healthcare costs 8 percent of our total gains per year. Someone who makes 20k per year and is unhealthy will certainly win vs someone who makes 200k per year and is perfectly healthy.

Why 8%?  Why any percent?
What if you just put it in the federal budget without any special tax?  Then any money you don't use (because you're healthy) goes elsewhere.

To put this in more real views: Do you get more than you put in from the army? Federal roads?  National parks?

« Reply #15046 on: July 09, 2019, 03:36:46 AM »

This is rich!

The argument is readily apparent to even a 2 year old mind.

People who work for 30 years contribute far more to the state than they can ever hope to receive back.

« Reply #15047 on: July 09, 2019, 03:39:58 AM »

I have.
And Norwegian.

The US has big issues with healthcare?

Only from people who believe things should be free.

Then there are the sane who realize as long as money exists, things will have a price.

« Reply #15048 on: July 09, 2019, 03:45:38 AM »

That's what I said. If you implement single payer properly it can work well in the US. It will also have the power to drop prices since the government will have much more power to negotiate. Also build proper free public hospitals.
The main problem in the US has always been the idea some people have...

That government can "fix," anything...

If there is one thing wise people have learned over the years, it is this maxim...

Government can't fix anything.

Pezevenk

« Reply #15049 on: July 09, 2019, 04:04:21 AM »

This is rich!

People who work for 30 years contribute far more to the state than they can ever hope to receive back.
Not how taxes work. But you probably know and you are just trolling. Why did I ever think I could talk to you anyways?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #15050 on: July 09, 2019, 06:12:15 AM »

I have.
And Norwegian.

Then there are the sane who realize as long as money exists, things will have a price.

There's also a cost attached to shitty healthcare systems

A society with many sick and broken people is not a productive one. If you should fall seriously ill or have an unfortunate accident, is it fair to pay more money than you may earn a year to pay for treatment? Is it fair a trip to an ED can cost tens of thousands of dollars when you may not have been seriously ill but doctors reamed you with tests anyway?

Is it fair that life saving drugs can cost you your house forcing you to choose between your life or your home?

The government can't fix all these issues. Certainly insurance companies and big pharma all play a role.

In America, if I broke my leg, I'd be royally screwed without private insurance. I'd probably have to sell my house to get money to pay for treatment. In Australia, the hospital will operate the next day for free.

It costs money to operate sure but the saving to society is greater. Healthy unbroken people don't have to rely on social security or disability support. Plus our continued employment raises tax revenue and the fact we contribute to society through our work.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #15051 on: July 09, 2019, 08:42:34 AM »

This is rich!

Not how taxes work. But you probably know and you are just trolling. Why did I ever think I could talk to you anyways?
That is exactly how taxes work.

The government has collected far more from me than they have ever given me in return.

You are the one trolling if you are trying to substitute subtraction for addition.

« Reply #15052 on: July 09, 2019, 08:45:48 AM »

I have.
And Norwegian.

There's also a cost attached to shitty healthcare systems

A society with many sick and broken people is not a productive one. If you should fall seriously ill or have an unfortunate accident, is it fair to pay more money than you may earn a year to pay for treatment? Is it fair a trip to an ED can cost tens of thousands of dollars when you may not have been seriously ill but doctors reamed you with tests anyway?

Is it fair that life saving drugs can cost you your house forcing you to choose between your life or your home?

The government can't fix all these issues. Certainly insurance companies and big pharma all play a role.

In America, if I broke my leg, I'd be royally screwed without private insurance. I'd probably have to sell my house to get money to pay for treatment. In Australia, the hospital will operate the next day for free.

It costs money to operate sure but the saving to society is greater. Healthy unbroken people don't have to rely on social security or disability support. Plus our continued employment raises tax revenue and the fact we contribute to society through our work.
There will always be unhealthy people in the world...

That is the way of life.

Immutable.

I am not responsible for other people's health.

Each person is responsible for their own health, just like they are responsible for their food.

Only a crook tries to tell another person, "Hey, you are responsible for (insert topic here). becasue I can't pay."

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #15053 on: July 09, 2019, 09:57:59 AM »
https://www.vox.com/2019/7/9/20686347/jeffrey-epstein-trump-bill-clinton

Here is an article detailing the connections between Epstein, Trump and Clinton.

Summary, there isn't any publicly available evidence to suggest that Trump or Clinton were part of this child prostitution ring.  But maybe that'll change in the future. 
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #15054 on: July 09, 2019, 10:32:43 AM »

Blackmail material in the safe, imo.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #15055 on: July 09, 2019, 11:01:02 AM »
I hope his entire spiderweb of connects gets the book thrown at them. Someone at his status is probably getting girls for associates also. Not just for himself.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #15056 on: July 09, 2019, 11:12:04 AM »
I see at least Alan Dershowitz(that clown lawyer on Fox News that always defends Trump) and a prince in the British royal family implicated so far.  If Epstein made a career out of blackmail to protect himself then things will get very interesting.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #15057 on: July 09, 2019, 12:18:22 PM »
Acosta pretending he didn't let this creep get away with it https://twitter.com/SecretaryAcosta/status/1148618145671917571

Lorddave

« Reply #15058 on: July 09, 2019, 12:27:58 PM »

I have.
And Norwegian.

No, its people who can't afford it.  People who die if they can't buy meds. $200 for a month supply of insulin is a lot.

Also, you have paradoxes.
I have a friend whose wife developed kidney cancer.  Both had insurance for themselves through their job.  Great yeah?
Except the wife lost her job because she was out too often due to her illness, doctor's appointments, treatments, etc...
So she lost her insurance.  Thus, can't pay and now is too sick to work.  How do you fix that?  Because the husband doesn't make enough to afford insurance for both and oh yeah, insurance is for profit so a cancer patient is a bad business partner.  A customer who costs more than they will ever pay.  So no reason to insure them.

Also: how much do you pay in taxes a year?  $10k to federal?  That's 1/3 of a soldier's salary.  So if you think an army's protection is good then for the price of 4 months of a soldier's salary, you get 24/7 protection from invasion.
I'd say thats more than you out in, wouldn't you?

Pezevenk

« Reply #15059 on: July 09, 2019, 02:58:03 PM »

WTF is going on?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)