Total Members Voted: 85

Why do you support donald trump

• 22433 Replies

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
Re: Why do you support donald trump
« Reply #14220 on: April 15, 2019, 04:55:27 PM »
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/15/trump-financial-records-1275965

Okay. Well that sounds like a serious abuse of power.

The left already got one of his tax returns (illegally) maybe a year ago.  Boy were they embarrassed that it was a normal tax return, and not the smoking gun that they are fishing for.  Why are they going on and on about it?

Now, they want the Mueller report, even though it has already been explained to them that there is no Russian collusion in it.  One of them said, "Just in case there is some negative information in there."  How sad is it that they first made up a crime and found no evidence, but now they need to illegally try to get their hands on the investigative report to try to find something, anything that they can get him for.

You gotta see some truth in this crouton?

Let's take this apart.

1.  What Mueller report? No one besides the stooge specifically hired by Trump because he believes a president by definition is incapable of committing obstruction of justice has seen it.

2.  We have one part of a tax return that for all we know was leaked by Trump himself. Jesus Christ, it doesn't strike you as just a little bit odd that he's ordering people to defy subpoenas to hide his tax returns? What the hell is even in these that he wants other people to serve prison time to keep it a secret? Celebrities that have had their phones hacked didn't fight this hard to keep the dick pics off the internet.

Surely you agree that some financial transparency from the most powerful man in the world is warranted right? Why doesn't he just grit his teeth and hand it over and move on? That's what the Democrats did during the last 6 years when the Republicans were firing subpoena cannons at everyone.

As for the Mueller report, that is a nothing burger, I have little care about that. Yes, someone appointed by him is saying it doesn't prove anything. However, I already knew that, leaks are so bad from the White House, we could have know months and months ago if there was a smoking gun.

As for the returns, what are you expecting to find? (I doubt he leaked his own return because it showed he avoided taxes with loop holes).

Here is what we will find...Trump University was basically a scam.

He doesn't pay much in taxes.

He uses loop holes and many gray areas.

HE DOESN'T MAKE AS MUCH AND ISN'T WORTH AS MUCH AS HE BOASTS

That last one is why he doesn't want them released..ego is what it always comes to with him.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #14221 on: April 15, 2019, 05:07:37 PM »
There's probably also political strategy in not releasing the tax returns.... It's mostly irrelevant to the job he's doing right now.... But let it steal the air time and draw the focus.

Did Obama release his birth certificate the moment it was questioned? Or did he wait for a political opportunity to get as many people hounding him for it so as to embarrass them when he did show it? He took over 3 years.

I know if my employer asked for my birth certificate I'd be able to email them in 5 minutes. Obama revelled in the conspiracy and was happy to pull out the race card to his political foes.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #14222 on: April 15, 2019, 05:08:15 PM »

That last one is why he doesn't want them released..ego is what it always comes to with him.

It's entirely possible that that's all that's in there. And that his vanity is his only motivation to hide them.

It's also possible that it would show that he brings in a lot of money from countries like Russia and Saudi Arabia. We've got pretty good reasons to suspect that. Namely from Trump Jr. saying flat out that that they take a lot of money from Russia. If that's the case then it's critically important that we know because that's an obvious conflict of interest.

As for the Mueller report, that is a nothing burger, I have little care about that. Yes, someone appointed by him is saying it doesn't prove anything. However, I already knew that, leaks are so bad from the White House, we could have know months and months ago if there was a smoking gun.

Yes it could be that the contents aren't a surprise. However what's been leaked is really really bad by itself. Trump just called it fake news. Mueller is in a position to prove to disprove these leaks.

If they're true then honestly a lot of them sound impeachment worthy.

If they're not true then that also needs to be investigated because then it looks like a plot to smear the president.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #14223 on: April 15, 2019, 05:21:10 PM »
Release the nothing burger, then.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #14224 on: April 15, 2019, 05:47:35 PM »

It's entirely possible that that's all that's in there. And that his vanity is his only motivation to hide them.

It's also possible that it would show that he brings in a lot of money from countries like Russia and Saudi Arabia. We've got pretty good reasons to suspect that. Namely from Trump Jr. saying flat out that that they take a lot of money from Russia. If that's the case then it's critically important that we know because that's an obvious conflict of interest.

Yes it could be that the contents aren't a surprise. However what's been leaked is really really bad by itself. Trump just called it fake news. Mueller is in a position to prove to disprove these leaks.

If they're not true then that also needs to be investigated because then it looks like a plot to smear the president.

I have no doubt he has taken loans from over seas. I forgot the name of the bank he deals with heavily overseas that rejected him the last bid for a loan.

Nothing in Russia though.

Let's say both the returns and Mueller are released and there is nothing in either....do you really think the idiot left would be satisfied? They would just keep looking and /or making up shit as they have done.

Maybe he is finally tired of dealing with it. Plus, he isn't a bitch and is stubborn when people try to force him to do something, especially in this situation where it is a bunch of witch hunts hoping to find something

Or could be as shifter said and he is waiting for an opportune time. The Obama reference was a good one. He probably had his birth certificate in his night stand, but instead waited 3 years for what he saw as the perfect time.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #14225 on: April 15, 2019, 07:56:30 PM »

We already have proof the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians,  as to whether that rises to the level of criminal conspiracy depends on whether you choose to believe that Trump himself knew nothing about the shit that Don Jr and Manafort plus a dozen others were up to with the Russkis.   Trump is a mob boss,  no paper trail, no evidence will ever be found to convict him personally.   

Which brings me to another famous mob boss,  Al Capone.  Guess what they finally got him for..   LOL

Release the nothing burger.  What has he got to hide.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #14226 on: April 15, 2019, 08:43:19 PM »
Obama's birth certificate was a nothing burger. What did he have to hide?

Nothing

Maybe Trump enjoys watching the dems squirm and fall over themselves. You guys will suffer embarrassment after embarrassment. The election is not too far away - perhaps you will get your truth bomb there where it will do the most political damage and be fresh in the minds of voters when they are at the polls? That's what Obama did with his birth certificate. Didn't the 'birthers' get egg on their face at a most opportune time!

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #14227 on: April 15, 2019, 11:30:27 PM »

I have no doubt he has taken loans from over seas. I forgot the name of the bank he deals with heavily overseas that rejected him the last bid for a loan.

They have said it in conversation many times...

Let's say both the returns and Mueller are released and there is nothing in either....do you really think the idiot left would be satisfied? They would just keep looking and /or making up shit as they have done.

In a way, no.  They're congress.  Part of the responsibility is oversight.  You can make the argument that they're being overly aggressive but with all of the odd things Trump has done I think he's earned the extra scrutiny.

Or could be as shifter said and he is waiting for an opportune time. The Obama reference was a good one. He probably had his birth certificate in his night stand, but instead waited 3 years for what he saw as the perfect time.

Obama's birth certificate isn't really a great comparison.  It was a ploy to make the racists happy.  What exactly is the worst case scenario with that?  Obama would have had Kenyan citizenship?  Maybe a divided loyalty to another country?  Seems pretty unlikely.  It's quite clear from hearing him talk that even if he were a foreigner then he's fully Americanized. 

Should a document such as a birth certificate of a president be available on demand?  I don't know.  Maybe.  I wouldn't have a problem with making that a standard.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #14228 on: April 16, 2019, 01:03:47 AM »

In a way, no.  They're congress.  Part of the responsibility is oversight.  You can make the argument that they're being overly aggressive but with all of the odd things Trump has done I think he's earned the extra scrutiny.

Obama's birth certificate isn't really a great comparison.  It was a ploy to make the racists happy.  What exactly is the worst case scenario with that?  Obama would have had Kenyan citizenship?  Maybe a divided loyalty to another country?  Seems pretty unlikely.  It's quite clear from hearing him talk that even if he were a foreigner then he's fully Americanized. 

Should a document such as a birth certificate of a president be available on demand?  I don't know.  Maybe.  I wouldn't have a problem with making that a standard.

The worst case for Obama if he had Kenyan citizenship? He would be ineligible for President. The birthers were hoping he was not American born so that he could not be President.

Just like the birthers, the dems are hoping there is something in the report or tax returns that expels Trump from the White House

Know your place

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #14229 on: April 16, 2019, 03:17:08 AM »
Don't you think tax fraud is more important than a simple formality?
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

« Reply #14230 on: April 16, 2019, 03:55:33 AM »
We already have proof the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians
No.

You don't.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #14231 on: April 16, 2019, 04:45:51 AM »
No.

You don't.

Bzzt..   Yes we do.   
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #14232 on: April 16, 2019, 05:25:19 AM »
No.

You don't.
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #14233 on: April 16, 2019, 07:20:26 AM »
Why are you guys comparing the birther conspiracy theory to Trump not wanting the results of an investigation released?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #14234 on: April 16, 2019, 07:48:33 AM »

Into the lion's den he goes.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #14235 on: April 16, 2019, 07:59:48 AM »

The worst case for Obama if he had Kenyan citizenship? He would be ineligible for President. The birthers were hoping he was not American born so that he could not be President.

Just like the birthers, the dems are hoping there is something in the report or tax returns that expels Trump from the White House
He wouldn't have been ineligible as his mother was American. Even if he was born outside the states, or had a foreign father, he is a natural born American citizen by his mother.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #14236 on: April 16, 2019, 08:00:57 AM »
Only in America can you write a book about the horrors of capitalism and become a millionaire using the very system you decry.
You just got Weskered, bitches!

Pezevenk

« Reply #14237 on: April 16, 2019, 08:29:36 AM »
Only in America can you write a book about the horrors of capitalism and become a millionaire using the very system you decry.
hOw CaN yOu CrItIcIzE sOcIeTy iF yOu PaRtIcIpAtE iN sOcIeTy? ChEcKmAtE lIbRuHlS!

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #14238 on: April 16, 2019, 08:47:28 AM »
hOw CaN yOu CrItIcIzE sOcIeTy iF yOu PaRtIcIpAtE iN sOcIeTy? ChEcKmAtE lIbRuHlS!

I wasn't criticizing society, I was criticizing Bernie's hypocrisy.

Pezevenk

« Reply #14239 on: April 16, 2019, 08:55:52 AM »

Yes, I know what you were doing, my reply was a parody of what you're saying, because that's more or less the point you're making.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #14240 on: April 16, 2019, 09:03:01 AM »

I'm not that impressed, he could have answered some questions a bit better, but it was good.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #14241 on: April 16, 2019, 09:04:11 AM »

Yes, I know what you were doing, my reply was a parody of what you're saying, because that's more or less the point you're making.

I know this, Pez dispenser.

Pezevenk

« Reply #14242 on: April 16, 2019, 09:05:55 AM »

Why did you think I was implying you were criticizing society then?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #14243 on: April 16, 2019, 09:07:21 AM »

Why did you think I was implying you were criticizing society then?

I was playing along, you silly Greek.

Pezevenk

« Reply #14244 on: April 16, 2019, 09:16:04 AM »

Lol go to 23:00. That backfired.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #14245 on: April 16, 2019, 11:33:33 AM »

Lol go to 23:00. That backfired.

Makes sense. A lot of people focus on Trump beating Hillary. What's more interesting to me was Trump beating every other Republican in the primary. I have a theory that it has a lot to do with the fact that every other Republican ran on a platform of taking away health care from poor people and giving the money to billionaires. And I think the republican voters finally figured that out.  Trump is the only one who didn't commit to that plan during the primary. I'm painfully aware that robbing the poor to pay billionaires is pretty much the only thing Trump has done in office but that's not what he promised during the campaign.

Pezevenk

« Reply #14246 on: April 16, 2019, 12:11:40 PM »
What annoyed me was the evasive answers he gave on foreign policy, using "but what about Trump" to answer some of the questions (he could have done a lot better), being a bit repetitive and not giving the best answer he could to the complaint about how raising the minimum wage/more taxes to the rich would supposedly increase unemployment. The rest was good.

It's also a great tactic to really focus on the issue of healthcare. This is something almost everyone cares about and affects them in a very tangible manner, it's not abstract bullshit.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 12:13:57 PM by Pezevenk »

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #14247 on: April 17, 2019, 11:12:31 AM »

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #14248 on: April 18, 2019, 08:40:31 AM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/read-text-full-mueller-report-n994551

Some light reading for this Easter weekend. Barnes and Nobles is also releasing an ebook version of it.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #14249 on: April 18, 2019, 08:43:03 AM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/read-text-full-mueller-report-n994551

Some light reading for this Easter weekend. Barnes and Nobles is also releasing an ebook version of it.

There you go....the nothing burger is released. Satisfied?