Total Members Voted: 85

Why do you support donald trump

• 22433 Replies

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: Why do you support donald trump
« Reply #11160 on: September 05, 2018, 02:35:25 PM »
I bet that was someone on the NY Times editorial staff.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #11161 on: September 05, 2018, 04:08:08 PM »
It could be any White House flunky, really. It could be the janitor. Or it could be some GOP propaganda, dont' worry republicans, we've got this.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #11162 on: September 05, 2018, 05:13:10 PM »
If their strategy of thwarting trump is to straight up steal the documents he's supposed to sign then it could very well be the janitor.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11163 on: September 05, 2018, 05:24:18 PM »
Just goes to show that even the janitor is smarter than Trump.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #11164 on: September 05, 2018, 05:51:33 PM »
It's hard to forget how the NYT promoted the Iraq war. I don't trust them about this sort of thing.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #11165 on: September 05, 2018, 06:07:04 PM »
This is nuts...everyone is jumping out of their boots for an anonymous opinion piece. Even the NYT admits they never publish these (I am sure they get plenty from nuts trying to make a name), yet for this they are publishing it like fact and every other mainstream (except fox) is blowing it up like dead to rights fact.

It is pathetic the agenda here...this isn't the free press at all.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #11166 on: September 05, 2018, 06:16:26 PM »
This is nuts...everyone is jumping out of their boots for an anonymous opinion piece. Even the NYT admits they never publish these (I am sure they get plenty from nuts trying to make a name), yet for this they are publishing it like fact and every other mainstream (except fox) is blowing it up like dead to rights fact.

When a libtard sees an opinion piece which in itself could be based on 3rd hand information that they agree with - it's fact, case closed

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Bom Tishop

« Reply #11167 on: September 05, 2018, 06:18:58 PM »

When a libtard sees an opinion piece which in itself could be based on 3rd hand information that they agree with - it's fact, case closed

Imagine if the anonymous opinion piece would have landed on the NYT desk about Obama, or really any liberal that shares their agenda...in the trash, nonsense.

The hypocrisy

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #11168 on: September 05, 2018, 06:21:29 PM »
I don't think the NYT is really a liberal paper.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #11169 on: September 05, 2018, 06:25:19 PM »
There have already been reports that people bring him things to get him worked up. How far fetched is it that the reverse happens and people take things away to get him not to react?
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #11171 on: September 05, 2018, 06:30:50 PM »
There have already been reports that people bring him things to get him worked up. How far fetched is it that the reverse happens and people take things away to get him not to react?

Because bringing him things could be part of the job. Taking things away that were meant for the President (I guess it depends on what it is they are taking away) could be illegal or lose their job - So I guess it is more far fetched to suggest this happens.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Bom Tishop

« Reply #11172 on: September 05, 2018, 06:39:32 PM »

What they support sure seems to point to such a conclusion.

It is a known fact almost all of their leadership and employees are.

Just sucks, there should be no agenda in the press. That is why I like the BBC, they are about as factual with no agenda/bias you can ask....at least for the US. They could be biased as hell for the UK I don't know.

The press should simply tell you facts and leave it at that. That type of free press protects democracy...what we have in the states now is no different than state funded press of North Korea or others similar.

Sad.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #11173 on: September 05, 2018, 07:33:29 PM »

Just sucks, there should be no agenda in the press. That is why I like the BBC, they are about as factual with no agenda/bias you can ask....at least for the US. They could be biased as hell for the UK I don't know.

The press should simply tell you facts and leave it at that. That type of free press protects democracy...what we have in the states now is no different than state funded press of North Korea or others similar.

Sad.

You need to learn the difference between "News"  and "Opinion"  it's not hard to separate. 

I agree however mostly with your observations about the BBC, I also like Aljazeera,  but stop reading opinion pieces as if they are news.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #11174 on: September 05, 2018, 08:23:44 PM »
Apparently the use of the word 'lodestar' points to Mike Pence as he's the only guy that uses it.

Know your place

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #11175 on: September 06, 2018, 01:42:48 AM »

Sad.

You need to learn the difference between "News"  and "Opinion"  it's not hard to separate. 

I agree however mostly with your observations about the BBC, I also like Aljazeera,  but stop reading opinion pieces as if they are news.
Aljazeera is pretty biased when it comes to subjects concerning the middle east.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #11176 on: September 06, 2018, 07:43:14 AM »
I think the NYT are a govt propaganda tool. They promote war when the govt needs them to, they publish distractions when the govt needs them to.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #11177 on: September 06, 2018, 07:54:39 AM »
I think the NYT is a solidly left publication, but I don't think I'd call it liberal. If I'm not mistaken, weren't they also the ones that had the Roy Moore "accuser" try to get into their midst and they were able to correctly turn her away?

Edit: nevermind that was WaPo.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #11178 on: September 06, 2018, 01:03:21 PM »
I think the NYT is a solidly left publication, but I don't think I'd call it liberal.
I don't think there's a major mainstream "leftist" publication thst isn't neoliberal in the US...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 01:05:21 PM by Pezevenk »
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #11179 on: September 06, 2018, 01:53:36 PM »
All our media is controlled by about 6 corporations. There used to be hundreds! Now profit is much more important than truth.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #11180 on: September 06, 2018, 02:23:27 PM »
Profit is king in the USA. More important than health, safety, truth, decency, and life.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #11181 on: September 08, 2018, 02:31:50 PM »
Plaid shirt guy for president!

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam

« Reply #11183 on: September 10, 2018, 10:37:09 PM »
I think the NYT is a solidly left publication, but I don't think I'd call it liberal.
I don't think there's a major mainstream "leftist" publication thst isn't neoliberal in the US...

Meh. I would peg MSNBC as "leftist", Fox as "absurd propaganda", and most other major outlets as just sensationalist to varying degrees. I would hesitate to describe any outlet as distinctly neoliberal. NYT is hard to pin down though. Left/right are stupidly oversimplified labels anyway.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #11184 on: September 10, 2018, 10:41:04 PM »

Meh. I would peg MSNBC as "leftist", Fox as "absurd propaganda", and most other major outlets as just sensationalist to varying degrees. I would hesitate to describe any outlet as distinctly neoliberal. NYT is hard to pin down though. Left/right are stupidly oversimplified labels anyway.

Is there an outlet in America that you believe is completely objective and unbiased in its reporting?

Know your place

« Reply #11185 on: September 10, 2018, 10:44:09 PM »

Is there an outlet in America that you believe is completely objective and unbiased in its reporting?

I don't believe there is an outlet anywhere that is completely objective and unbiased in its reporting. Too many humans involved.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #11186 on: September 10, 2018, 10:47:22 PM »

I don't believe there is an outlet anywhere that is completely objective and unbiased in its reporting. Too many humans involved.

Then which in your view consistently rates at least better than some others. For example, FOX would be pretty low on the lest for objectivity. Which would be up near the top? Which is the most worthy one to spend your time reading?

Or do you read from multiple sources on that pander to both sides of the political spectrum with a grain of salt and make up your own mind

For example, in Australia, the ABC is recognised as being up near the top although IMO there is a little bit of a slant to the left with it. But it is far more worthy to read that than anything else if you are going to digest any news at all

Know your place

« Reply #11187 on: September 10, 2018, 11:12:09 PM »

Then which in your view consistently rates at least better than some others. For example, FOX would be pretty low on the lest for objectivity. Which would be up near the top? Which is the most worthy one to spend your time reading?

Or do you read from multiple sources on that pander to both sides of the political spectrum with a grain of salt and make up your own mind

For example, in Australia, the ABC is recognised as being up near the top although IMO there is a little bit of a slant to the left with it. But it is far more worthy to read that than anything else if you are going to digest any news at all

It depends. I don't really have a favorite, I don't read any one in particular on a regular basis, and I'll read just about anything if it runs a story I'm interested in. C-Span, APnews, and NPR are all pretty objective, if a bit dry and bare-bones. Foreign outlets can be usefully dispassionate about certain subjects. Reuters and the BBC (as previously mentioned) are decent for US politics.

The real secret isn't identifying the "best outlet" though. It's learning how to read sources that you know are biased. Assume everyone is biased/emotional/ill-informed/fallible to some degree. Learn to detect it. Read everything skeptically. Interpret everything generously to the author before criticizing it and generously to the author's opponents before promoting it.

Easy to say, hard to do I guess.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11188 on: September 11, 2018, 06:50:54 AM »

Fox News, duh!
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #11189 on: September 11, 2018, 07:20:33 AM »
I'd say The Hill is a pretty objective source.