50 (54.9%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Why do you support donald trump

• 22433 Replies

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
Re: Why do you support donald trump
« Reply #4290 on: October 01, 2017, 06:19:11 AM »
I understand that Trump is overly sensitive to critisism, but isn't there anybody in the administration who can hit him over the back of the head.
Not sure if that helps with trump.
Well, maybe if the hit is hard enough  ;)

Did you ever see NCIS?
When I was much younger, but I haven't in a long time.
Why you ask?

Trump badly need the Gibbs head slap. :)
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4291 on: October 01, 2017, 07:06:03 AM »

I think he broke his Gibbs.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4292 on: October 01, 2017, 09:09:37 AM »

WTF.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #4293 on: October 01, 2017, 09:11:02 AM »
You still haven't taken his phone away from him?
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #4294 on: October 01, 2017, 09:28:50 AM »

Gotta love trump! That guy might be the reason why I'll install twitter on my phone.

haven't taken his phone away from him?
I'd imagine people rather have him busy using his phone than doing anything important.

@Rayzor: I googled it, it seems to be the right treatment for trump!

Anyway, has trump already said something about the catalunya situation?
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4295 on: October 01, 2017, 09:36:12 AM »
Well, he hasn't tweeted about it yet. He probably doesn't know where it is.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #4296 on: October 01, 2017, 09:46:47 AM »
Yeah, most likely.
I've been in the region 2 or 3 times already, it really is a beautiful place. I hope things won't get worse there.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41461032
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 09:48:18 AM by User324 »

Member of the BOTD

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4297 on: October 01, 2017, 11:14:27 AM »
Yeah, most likely.
I've been in the region 2 or 3 times already, it really is a beautiful place. I hope things won't get worse there.

If they did not wish to be their own independent state before they probably do now! It's hard to imagine a country like Spain using such violence to stop people from voting in this day. It's so bizarre.  Even if the people had voted "yes" it doesn't mean they would instantly become independent.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #4298 on: October 01, 2017, 11:23:53 AM »
Yeah, most likely.

If they did not wish to be their own independent state before they probably do now! It's hard to imagine a country like Spain using such violence to stop people from voting in this day. It's so bizarre.  Even if the people had voted "yes" it doesn't mean they would instantly become independent.

Exactely!
I've heard people don't actually hate spain nor they don't want to be spanish anymore.
It's more about the central government that treats catalunya pretty badly, so people got angry, and some wanting to leave. And then, by doing some raids/treating people even worse, more and more people jumped on the indepenence train. Now with how things went today, I'm pretty sure even more will follow because they're angry.

I'm pretty sure they could have solved the situation with talks & perhaps giving them partwise independence (without them being their own country)...but yeah we'll see what happens now.

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #4299 on: October 01, 2017, 12:32:47 PM »
Totes

You clearly are not actually wanting to have a conversation...your mind is made up no matter what and that is your prerogative. Just don't pretend it is any other way.

Also, if you see no issue with a third party bank controlling the most important thing in a country that can literally cause more damage than war...then I don't know what to say. Either you aren't thinking this through or dispute was right about you.

I dunno ???

If you are just going to repeat "it's a third party! it's a third party!" over and over again, then no, there isn't much room for conversation. As I have already pointed out, it isn't strictly true. The Board is appointed/confirmed by the President/Congress. Yes, it has more independence than most government entities, but have you ever stopped to consider that there might be a good reason for that? Perhaps the extra layer of separation is to prevent monetary policy from being unduly influenced by partisan politics. I suspect that changing our monetary policy every 4 years would not be good for the economy.

Having more independence might be perfectly fine if there is proper oversight. When I asked about this, you responded with "just lol at that...please research their procedure, who controls it and has a final say..." But like I said, I don't really feel like combing through hours of senate hearings. Even if I did, I wouldn't know what "proper oversight" is if I saw it, since I know diddly-squat about banking. Why do you think there isn't proper oversight? I assume you have an actual non-vague reason, right?

Despite your assertions otherwise, I definitely have not made up my mind about this subject. I simply don't know enough about it. But your vague hand-waving certainly isn't going to convince me of anything.

Logick

« Reply #4300 on: October 01, 2017, 05:07:12 PM »
I suspect that changing our monetary policy every 4 years would not be good for the economy.
You suspect that the economy is non-dynamic?
quod erat demonstrandum

« Reply #4301 on: October 01, 2017, 05:44:33 PM »
I suspect that changing our monetary policy every 4 years would not be good for the economy.
You suspect that the economy is non-dynamic?

No. I suspect a consistent approach is good for the economy. As opposed to radically changing interest rates every time D's and R's change places.

Look at how many long-term projects NASA has had to scrub because their budget and priorities change every 4 to 8 years.

Logick

« Reply #4302 on: October 01, 2017, 06:26:20 PM »
No. I suspect a consistent approach is good for the economy. As opposed to radically changing interest rates every time D's and R's change places.
What do you mean by "consistent approach?" I would think that a change of strategies is called for in response to dynamic economic conditions.

Look at how many long-term projects NASA has had to scrub because their budget and priorities change every 4 to 8 years.
I would not trust anything that NASA has published.
quod erat demonstrandum

« Reply #4303 on: October 01, 2017, 07:34:23 PM »
What do you mean by "consistent approach?" I would think that a change of strategies is called for in response to dynamic economic conditions.

Meh. 2/10

There's a lot of ways to troll, but pretending to misunderstand everything is definitely one of the lamest.

Logick

« Reply #4304 on: October 01, 2017, 07:35:05 PM »
What?
quod erat demonstrandum

« Reply #4305 on: October 01, 2017, 07:37:14 PM »
What?

Meh. 2/10

There's a lot of ways to troll, but pretending to misunderstand everything is definitely one of the lamest.

Logick

« Reply #4306 on: October 01, 2017, 07:43:20 PM »
So, you're calling yourself out as a troll? This is a funny confession.
quod erat demonstrandum

« Reply #4307 on: October 01, 2017, 07:55:53 PM »

No. Ironically, your logick sucks.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #4308 on: October 02, 2017, 03:10:09 AM »

No. Ironically, your logick sucks.

As does his truth table,  LOL.

For once, I'm going to give Trump the benefit of the doubt,  I think his latest excursion into madness has an element of genius, he tells Rex Tillerson,  not to waste time negotiating with "Rocket Man" and that he's got the situation covered.   

It's either a stroke of negotiating brilliance or a completely insane comment.    I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Someone should tell him, it's peoples lives he's playing with,  not some construction contract in  New Jersey.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #4309 on: October 02, 2017, 07:42:54 AM »
Someone should tell him, it's peoples lives he's playing with,  not some construction contract in  New Jersey.
I'm not entirely sure if that's making a difference for him.

Member of the BOTD

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #4310 on: October 02, 2017, 12:32:52 PM »
If he doesn't seem to care much about minority lives on the mainland, then why should he care about lives in PR?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #4311 on: October 02, 2017, 02:55:52 PM »
Yeah, most likely.

Exactely!
I've heard people don't actually hate spain nor they don't want to be spanish anymore.
It's more about the central government that treats catalunya pretty badly, so people got angry, and some wanting to leave. And then, by doing some raids/treating people even worse, more and more people jumped on the indepenence train. Now with how things went today, I'm pretty sure even more will follow because they're angry.

I'm pretty sure they could have solved the situation with talks & perhaps giving them partwise independence (without them being their own country)...but yeah we'll see what happens now.

The situation here is pretty messed up. Ten years ago, the independence movement was almost non-existent. We voted an updated version of our autonomy statute, aproved by qualified majority in the Congress. But then Rajoy's party, Partido Popular (people's party, the successor of francoist party Alianza Popular - people's alliance) took that Statute and took it to court, getting the Constitutional Court, controlled by pro-PP judges, to shave important bits out of it, like the mention of Catalunya as a nation of its own inside Spain. That got the catalans pretty angry. Later, the then Catalan president, Artur Mas, asked for a better financial deal for Catalunya, similar to the one the Basque Country already enjoyed, a deal to end the tense relationship between Madrid and Barcelona. Rajoy didn't even want to talk about it. Catalans got angrier because Catalunya gives a lot of money to Spain in taxes, but doesn't see any major investments from the state to the region. To give you an example, the first high velocity train in Spain connected Madrid and Seville, ignoring Barcelona, the second most populated city, with the fastest growing airport and one of the most important ports -a big logistics mistake, right? Following that, Mas attempted to call the catalans to vote about their future inside Spain. It was banned by Rajoy's government. Mas then tried to turn the referendum into an informal query to smooth the tension, but he nonetheless was taken to court and inhabilited. His successor, Puigdemont tried to open a dialogue with the central government about Catalunya's future, but it was, again, ignored and ridiculed. Every year, more than a million people gather to ask for their right to vote about their future, and the government has always said it's just "a minority". Yesterday, More than 2.2 million people voted (out of 5.5 million able voters) even after Madrid sent thousands of police and paramilitary to the region, but today Rajoy denied both the referendum and the policial charges against unarmed, peacefull civilians. He even got the gall to call it all a "manipulation" from the Catalan government. I was there. I was, like many others, at the door of one of the poll stations when the police came, to stop them from robbing our right to vote. I got away unscathed, but almost a thousand people were not so lucky.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4312 on: October 02, 2017, 03:43:57 PM »
Glad you're alright, GlaringEye. I was hoping you'd comment on this.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #4313 on: October 02, 2017, 11:36:47 PM »
Thank you for your point of view of the situation, very interesting and sad to hear!

What do you think will happen in the next days/months and perhaps even years?

Edit: I also think it's sad how the eu/un isn't intervening (stopping the police violence) in spain...

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #4314 on: October 03, 2017, 06:19:42 AM »
What will happen? Puigdemont is asking for international mediation. Some are asking to activate article 155 of the Spanish Constitution, that would end Catalunya's autonomy. Others ask for a federal state so Catalunya can have more independence without having to break Spain. But Rajoy still denies policial brutality and doesn't bend. There are talks about the possibility of an unilateral declaration of independence if nothing changes. The King stays silent.

I honestly have no idea what will happen. I only know this won't end soon.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #4315 on: October 05, 2017, 10:57:42 AM »
I wonder if Mikey has compassion for Puertoricans who are looting abandoned stores when they are hungry.

I hear people start to die in the hospitals because of lack of fuel.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #4317 on: October 05, 2017, 04:13:07 PM »
There is the possibly that Iran is helping North Korea either with tech or nuclear material to construct their bombs. A destabilised or all out war on the  Korean peninsula will keep America busy as well as weakened with its attention diverted from the middle east and then busy again fighting it out with China and Russia who will probably side with North Korea.

F&#k the nuclear deal with Iran, even moreso if those rumours are actually credible.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4318 on: October 05, 2017, 06:04:59 PM »
This is a really long article, but it's very interesting. (I like Milo, I can't help it) https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/heres-how-breitbart-and-milo-smuggled-white-nationalism?utm_term=.sx1NZMp4J#.bqRDoEKX8

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #4319 on: October 05, 2017, 06:20:05 PM »
This is a really long article, but it's very interesting. (I like Milo, I can't help it) https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/heres-how-breitbart-and-milo-smuggled-white-nationalism?utm_term=.sx1NZMp4J#.bqRDoEKX8

I like milo too. He's a total troll but he sure can create a spectacle.

Haven't read the article yet. I have a feeling it's going to reference gamergate. Good luck explaining that one to anyone who isn't a gamer.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget