50 (54.9%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Why do you support donald trump

• 22433 Replies

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
Re: Why do you support donald trump
« Reply #780 on: May 31, 2017, 12:12:19 PM »
If your country becomes dysfunctional, who is to blame?

Voters.

Well, I can agree with that, so Canadabear do the right thing this time.

i have to see if i am still can vote at that time, because it is possible that i am not a german citizen anymore at that time.  ;)

Hold on, what?
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #781 on: May 31, 2017, 12:20:01 PM »
It seems like you don't really know how the EU works at this point.
Well yeah, maybe, my country is luckily not part of the EU.

It's becoming less and less like a union and more and more like a Germanic leadership. Merkel is essentially the governor of the entire EU, and ever since she became that, the EU is dysfunctional.
As far as I know all the EU institutions like the parliament are still sort of democratic (with voting systems). But yeah, might be that germany has more influence than other countries; but then again, germany is pretty much the piggy bank of the EU... so seems just fair that they have a bit more to say than other countries?

The thing is Germany is acting like a bully towards the rest of the countries. Instead of finding actual ways to resolve the issues the states have, they essentially extort them into austerity, so that her people can get their money faster and stop whining. The issue with that is that in the long term, this not only fucks up the countries applying the measures, but the EU as a whole.
I'm pretty sure LOT's of experts in the economic field have thought things through and though it's the best solution to do things how they have been done. So I kind of doubt that you know better than all those experts...

Haha, no. The funniest thing is that they themselves are saying this is not the way to do things. All those experts who have thought stuff out better than me agree austerity is not a solution at all. Sometimes you even get those ridiculous statements by Schauble admitting that it's a fuck up. The thing is Merkel has to cater to her voters so she grinds her teeth and demands austerity so that she can please her people, destroying the union in the process. 

Germany is the piggy bank of the EU, and it exerts such an influence that in some cases the EU parliament is rendered irrelevant. When you have in a union one country bullying the others into submission you don't have a union any more. Thanks to Merkel there's this whole wave of [insert country prefix]exit. The EU was a great thing and can still be a great thing, but not if this continues. At least France used to be sort of a "co-leader", but now France's influence diminishes and Germany's influence grows.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #782 on: May 31, 2017, 12:46:52 PM »
If your country becomes dysfunctional, who is to blame?

Voters.

Well, I can agree with that, so Canadabear do the right thing this time.

i have to see if i am still can vote at that time, because it is possible that i am not a german citizen anymore at that time.  ;)

Hold on, what?

its simple: i am applying for the Canadian citizenship and Germany does not allow to keep the German without applying for a dual citizenship.

Pezevenk

« Reply #783 on: May 31, 2017, 02:11:25 PM »
Oh so now you're actually going to be Canadabear! Ok.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #784 on: May 31, 2017, 02:39:05 PM »
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 02:44:06 PM by TotesReptilian »

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #785 on: May 31, 2017, 04:23:31 PM »
Be careful devoting attention to a crappy typo. It's probably a deflection tactic the media is falling for yet again to offset attention on a greater issue.

So many bigger problems out there yet how much attention is given to this. This is what is wrong with 'news' lately. It's not news. It's gutter trash tabloid pieces

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #786 on: May 31, 2017, 04:28:10 PM »
Be careful devoting attention to a crappy typo. It's probably a deflection tactic the media is falling for yet again to offset attention on a greater issue.

So many bigger problems out there yet how much attention is given to this. This is what is wrong with 'news' lately. It's not news. It's gutter trash tabloid pieces

I agree in principle.  It's a piece of nonsense that distracts us from what's important.  On the other hand sometimes you have to take time to enjoy the simple things that life has to offer.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #787 on: May 31, 2017, 04:34:06 PM »
At this point it doesn't matter what we pay attention to. I don't think Congress will do their jobs and properly investigate Trump's Russia ties, might as well laugh at a typo.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #788 on: May 31, 2017, 04:36:56 PM »
He performed quite poorly representing America (in a way that you guys could be proud of) on his first foreign trip. So what do we talk about? A typo. No wonder he left it up there. It proved to be a great deflection of bigger and harder issues. You've given him a free pass. Well done

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #789 on: May 31, 2017, 04:44:00 PM »
At this point it doesn't matter what we pay attention to. I don't think Congress will do their jobs and properly investigate Trump's Russia ties, might as well laugh at a typo.

All this does is feed Trumps narrative that the news shouldn't be taken seriously

What do you think Trump would like to read first thing in the morning? That he made a typo the night before? Or an honest and brutal appraisal of his first foreign trip.....

Know your place

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #790 on: May 31, 2017, 04:47:04 PM »
He performed quite poorly representing America (in a way that you guys could be proud of) on his first foreign trip.

Not completely true.  He got along great with all the fascist dictators he visited.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #791 on: May 31, 2017, 04:47:43 PM »

All this does is feed Trumps narrative that the news shouldn't be taken seriously

What do you think Trump would like to read first thing in the morning? That he made a typo the night before? Or an honest and brutal appraisal of his first foreign trip.....

There were plenty of brutal appraisals of his trip. I read several of them. I will also take the time to laugh at a silly typo now and then.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #792 on: May 31, 2017, 04:55:00 PM »
Yes, and because of a typo making big news, it discredits the real news at the same time because it makes the news, real or fake, look like trashy tabloids.

If you are going to laugh, fine - leave it to trashy social media. But any respectable news corporation worth their salt would not bother giving it any air time.

Know your place

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #793 on: May 31, 2017, 04:55:38 PM »

I'm not so sure about that.  Everybody seems to have a very high opinion of this special counsel Robert Mueller.  As far as I can tell Trump is under the highest amount of scrutiny the law allows right now. 

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #794 on: May 31, 2017, 05:01:52 PM »

I'm not so sure about that.  Everybody seems to have a very high opinion of this special counsel Robert Mueller.  As far as I can tell Trump is under the highest amount of scrutiny the law allows right now.

I hope so. It all seems so hopeless sometimes, tho.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #795 on: May 31, 2017, 05:05:33 PM »

IT'S STILL FUNNY.

« Reply #796 on: June 01, 2017, 02:12:21 AM »
Yes, and because of a typo making big news, it discredits the real news at the same time because it makes the news, real or fake, look like trashy tabloids.

If you are going to laugh, fine - leave it to trashy social media. But any respectable news corporation worth their salt would not bother giving it any air time.

Don't get your covfefe in a wad. Just enjoy witnessing history! A thousand years from now humanity will be celebrating May 31 as covfefe day.

« Reply #797 on: June 01, 2017, 04:42:33 AM »

Don't get your covfefe in a wad. Just enjoy witnessing history! A thousand years from now humanity will be celebrating May 31 as covfefe day.

if Trump keeps on going the humanity will not exist anymore in thousand years, not even in 100 years.

Pezevenk

« Reply #798 on: June 01, 2017, 04:45:05 AM »

if Trump keeps on going the humanity will not exist anymore in thousand years, not even in 100 years.

Calm down, I don't like Trump but I don't act like he's the apocalypse.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #799 on: June 01, 2017, 05:08:44 AM »

one of the biggest manufacturer will step back from the way to reduce climate change. that will have a huge impact on the world.

also if the conflict of USA with north korea escalates it could end up in a WW3 with nuclear weapons

Pezevenk

« Reply #800 on: June 01, 2017, 05:43:51 AM »

one of the biggest manufacturer will step back from the way to reduce climate change. that will have a huge impact on the world.

also if the conflict of USA with north korea escalates it could end up in a WW3 with nuclear weapons

None of that is going to happen. And climate change worsening a bit isn't the end of the world.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #801 on: June 01, 2017, 05:52:02 AM »
And climate change worsening a bit isn't the end of the world.
Well, who knows.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #802 on: June 01, 2017, 05:55:32 AM »

I saw a single headline about covfefe, I saw about a dozen others talking about the relationship with Germany, the Russia probe, Spicer being Spicer, etc. I don't think the media is blowing this out of proportion, I think it's the people that have just latched on to something silly to get a laugh at the president. This covfefe talk is mostly kept to social media and forums from what I can tell.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #803 on: June 01, 2017, 07:03:05 AM »

None of that is going to happen. And climate change worsening a bit isn't the end of the world.

Rule of Thumb:

6 degrees (may be unlikely, but not impossible): end of mankind (cause world would turn into a desert)
4 degrees (that's what we're heading at): end of modern civilization (cause breakdown of food production)
2 degrees (the goal of the Paris agreement): be prepared for many many climate fugitives from the Middle East and North East Africa

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #804 on: June 01, 2017, 07:12:52 AM »
Rule of Thumb:

6 degrees (may be unlikely, but not impossible): end of mankind (cause world would turn into a desert)
4 degrees (that's what we're heading at): end of modern civilization (cause breakdown of food production)
2 degrees (the goal of the Paris agreement): be prepared for many many climate fugitives from the Middle East and North East Africa

In which time... 1 hour, 1 day, 1 year, 100 years, 1000 years?
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #805 on: June 01, 2017, 07:25:14 AM »
Rule of Thumb:

In which time... 1 hour, 1 day, 1 year, 100 years, 1000 years?

If we do business as usual, we have the 4 degrees until the end of the century.

We warmed the planet 1 degree basically within 40 years or so. Since CO2 level is now above 400 ppm it is reasonable to assume that we will reach the 2 degree mark in less than 40 years.

In fact, the goal of the Paris agreement is already delusional. But when we manage to become a largely CO2 neutral society until the mid of the century, staying below 2,5 degree may be possible.

Pezevenk

« Reply #806 on: June 01, 2017, 08:44:44 AM »

Rule of Thumb:

Yes, that is what would happen if the temperature was to rise like that tomorrow, but humans are pretty resourceful and civilization would probably adapt (albeit with a great cost) to a gradual rise. So no, it's no apocalypse, it's just that the cost has to be avoided. Plus it's an accelerated process so in the long term things could get really serious.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #807 on: June 01, 2017, 09:04:22 AM »

Rule of Thumb:

Yes, that is what would happen if the temperature was to rise like that tomorrow, but humans are pretty resourceful and civilization would probably adapt (albeit with a great cost) to a gradual rise. So no, it's no apocalypse, it's just that the cost has to be avoided. Plus it's an accelerated process so in the long term things could get really serious.

No, what I describes would happen if temperature rises like that in the next decades and as you can see our civilization reacts painfully slow.. But you are right, the process accelerates, that is, the warmer it gets the less time it needs to get even warmer. When things get "really serious" as you formulate it, it is too late to react, we must react now. It is not only about "costs", it is about famines and wars for resources in all areas effected - and you can see what global effects even a civil war in a relatively small area has.

Also even if '"we" can adapt to a world 4 degrees warmer (surely the less effected countries will warmly accept refugees from all over the world, right?) - most biosystems cannot. I do not want to see the majority of species dying out.

Pezevenk

« Reply #808 on: June 01, 2017, 09:48:40 AM »

Rule of Thumb:

No, what I describes would happen if temperature rises like that in the next decades and as you can see our civilization reacts painfully slow.. But you are right, the process accelerates, that is, the warmer it gets the less time it needs to get even warmer. When things get "really serious" as you formulate it, it is too late to react, we must react now. It is not only about "costs", it is about famines and wars for resources in all areas effected - and you can see what global effects even a civil war in a relatively small area has.

Also even if '"we" can adapt to a world 4 degrees warmer (surely the less effected countries will warmly accept refugees from all over the world, right?) - most biosystems cannot. I do not want to see the majority of species dying out.

Me neither. And no, countries won't accept refugees warmly, and there will be a huge cost. Still not the end of mankind.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #809 on: June 01, 2017, 10:03:38 AM »

Rule of Thumb:

Me neither. And no, countries won't accept refugees warmly, and there will be a huge cost. Still not the end of mankind.

6 degrees would get us. It would be a Permian Mass Extinction scenario.

I'm not a climatologist, I do not know how likely such a scenario is, but no climatologist would assure you that it can't possibly happen. We just don't know how far a run away green house effect can get. Nobody knows.

It has, though, never been warmer on the planet than 24 degrees on average. So climatologists are quite confident that 8 degrees GW is most likely the maximum limit. That's good news for bacteria, earth will not turn into Venus.