6 (6.6%)
He is the wild card we need
50 (54.9%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Why do you support donald trump

• 22433 Replies
Re: Why do you support donald trump
« Reply #540 on: May 17, 2017, 04:23:35 AM »
I think he should state that it is just his opinion and not use a term like "Trump is obviously mentally ill."

This is what I meant in the other thread about being dismissed as a person. I think that should be rather easy to distinguish.

Would it not be better if Trump is mentally ill?
if not, than he does all that on purpose.

-he does business with the Russians on a big scale
-he tells them to hack clintons computer.
-he fires the man that investigates him for the russian contacts, and exactly for that reason
-he threaten him if he tells the people anything
-he tells russian spies secrets
and much much more

till now he has done nothing to do something positive for the country and the US people.
also till now he has kept not one of his promises he made before election.

i can not understand somebody that still supports that man, he has broken any promise he made before.

the only jobs he has created are the jobs for his family members that he put into the government.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #541 on: May 17, 2017, 07:28:30 AM »
Whether or not Trump is actually mentally ill, he has shown himself to be incompetent. I'm not going to diagnose him with anything but stupidity and a massive ego.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #542 on: May 17, 2017, 07:40:33 AM »
I'm not going to diagnose him with anything but stupidity and a massive ego.

I guess the only relevant difference between our terminology is: when you call it dementia and narcissism it counts as pre-existing conditions.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #543 on: May 17, 2017, 07:48:02 AM »
I'm not going to diagnose him with anything but stupidity and a massive ego.

I guess the only relevant difference between our terminology is: when you call it dementia and narcissism it counts as pre-existing conditions.

Trumpcare will turn him down!

Srsly tho, it's not easy to tell if he really has a mental illness from a distance. It's obvious he is narcissistic (idk about clinically narcissistic, but definitely in the colloquial sense). He doesn't make time to really know about the things he has to work on. I can imagine he blurted out those classified things to the Russians and felt very cool about having that knowledge, without thinking about the consequences. He's like a kid sometimes.

If I say he is crazy or insane or something, it is not proper medical meaning of the terms, but the common usage of the terms. I try not to use the terms here because we get so many angry globularists playing armchair psychologists.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #544 on: May 17, 2017, 07:58:54 AM »
I try not to use the terms here because we get so many angry globularists playing armchair psychologists.

They can be annoying. How's your penguphobia doing?

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #545 on: May 17, 2017, 08:15:57 AM »
[not] clinically narcissistic, but definitely in the colloquial sense
Wow, so eloquent!
And I thought you're from 'murica.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #546 on: May 17, 2017, 09:32:36 AM »
To be fair to Trump, aren't all presidents narcissistic to some extent? I feel like it's almost required when you willingly seek a position because you think you're the best thing for a nation.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #547 on: May 17, 2017, 09:49:30 AM »
To be fair to Trump, aren't all presidents narcissistic to some extent? I feel like it's almost required when you willingly seek a position because you think you're the best thing for a nation.

Not only presidents, actually almost everybody who has come to fame somehow.

That's a thing that I really like on Bernie Sanders. He is not. Every time he gets praised by someone he purses his lips as if he feels uneasy for feeling good about it.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #548 on: May 17, 2017, 10:02:32 AM »

I don't know anything about the New York Post, but I bet Trump reads it.

« Reply #549 on: May 17, 2017, 10:12:33 AM »

I don't know anything about the New York Post, but I bet Trump reads it.

i think he said one time he does not read them because they are failing big times and they are anyway part of the fake news.

i think anyway that he has big problems with reading therefore the short texts and the visual aids.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #550 on: May 17, 2017, 10:14:13 AM »
It's the New York Times he says is failing. The NYT is more respectable than the Post, so it hurts worse when they criticize him.

« Reply #551 on: May 17, 2017, 10:24:04 AM »
It's the New York Times he says is failing. The NYT is more respectable than the Post, so it hurts worse when they criticize him.

oh yes you are right, i mixed these two up

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #552 on: May 17, 2017, 10:36:27 AM »
http://www.courant.com/politics/hc-trump-coast-guard-commencement-20170516-story.html

From his commencement address at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy -

"You have to put your head down and fight, fight, fight,'' he told the cadets. "Never, ever, ever give up. Things will work out just fine. Look at the way I've been treated lately – especially by the media. No politician in history – and I say this with great surety – has been treated worse or more unfairly. You can't let them get you down."

No politician in history!

« Reply #553 on: May 17, 2017, 10:39:23 AM »
Oh goodie, I almost forgot about that. The emperor is naked, and now he's going to parade around the Middle East trying to solve the world's most complicated conflicts. Is it possible to die from secondhand embarrassment?

« Reply #554 on: May 17, 2017, 10:46:50 AM »
"You have to put your head down and fight, fight, fight,'' he told the cadets. "Never, ever, ever give up. Things will work out just fine. Look at the way I've been treated lately – especially by the media. No politician in history – and I say this with great surety – has been treated worse or more unfairly. You can't let them get you down."

No politician in history!

Unpresidented!

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #555 on: May 17, 2017, 10:48:29 AM »
I voted for him. He is exactly what I thought I would get. 

« Reply #556 on: May 17, 2017, 11:07:55 AM »

really????

either you are not very smart, or you are one of the 0.1% that get profit from his "politics", you must be a billionaire.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #557 on: May 17, 2017, 11:11:09 AM »
My biggest regret in all of this is that we didn't get Palin for vice president. 

http://www.theonion.com/video/morbid-curiosity-leading-many-voters-to-support-pa-18865

I guess it's time to start getting to know Mike Pence.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #558 on: May 17, 2017, 11:42:40 AM »
I try not to use the terms here because we get so many angry globularists playing armchair psychologists.

They can be annoying. How's your penguphobia doing?

The penguin menace is real  >:(

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/333838-senate-intel-panel-asks-comey-to-testify-publicly

Committee Chairman Richard Burr (R-N.C.) and ranking member Mark Warner (D-Va.) on Wednesday said they sent a letter to Comey asking him to testify during a public hearing as well as meet with members in a closed-door briefing.

This should be interesting.

« Reply #559 on: May 17, 2017, 11:57:17 AM »
My biggest regret in all of this is that we didn't get Palin for vice president. 

http://www.theonion.com/video/morbid-curiosity-leading-many-voters-to-support-pa-18865

I guess it's time to start getting to know Mike Pence.

hahahaha

a crazy president and an even crazier vice president.

who else you would like to see in the government?
Charles Manson (Department for justice)
Ken Ham (Department for education (the current Betsy Devos is not crazy only incompetent)
Sledge Hammer (Department for inner safety)

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #560 on: May 17, 2017, 12:10:39 PM »
That's funny that you mention Sledge Hammer.  I used to watch that show when I was a kid and thought they were serious.  To this day every time I see a tv show where the suspect gets his one phone call I'm like "Don't let him!  He's calling his gang!".

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #561 on: May 17, 2017, 03:39:44 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/deputy-attorney-general-appoints-special-counsel-to-oversee-probe-of-russian-interference-in-election/2017/05/17/302c1774-3b49-11e7-8854-21f359183e8c_story.html?utm_term=.8df7b16fda70

I think I've got this figured out now.  Trump is a time traveler from the future who was sent back in time to warn us about electing Trump.  Everything he's predicted would happen under Hillary is happening to him now.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #562 on: May 17, 2017, 03:59:56 PM »

really? ???

yes

either you are not very smart, or you are one of the 0.1% that get profit from his "politics", you must be a billionaire.

Did you vote?

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #563 on: May 17, 2017, 04:17:00 PM »
Bullwinkle do you think we might see President Pence become reality? And was that a part of your calculus in your vote?

« Reply #564 on: May 17, 2017, 04:39:10 PM »
Bad day to be Paul Ryan.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/house-majority-leader-to-colleagues-in-2016-i-think-putin-pays-trump/2017/05/17/515f6f8a-3aff-11e7-8854-21f359183e8c_story.html

“There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump,” McCarthy (R-Calif.) said... House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) immediately interjected, stopping the conversation from further exploring McCarthy’s assertion, and swore the Republicans present to secrecy.

When initially asked to comment on the exchange, Brendan Buck, a spokesman for Ryan, said: “That never happened,” and Matt Sparks, a spokesman for McCarthy, said: “The idea that McCarthy would assert this is absurd and false.”

After being told that The Post would cite a recording of the exchange, Buck, speaking for the GOP House leadership, said: “This entire year-old exchange was clearly an attempt at humor..." 

Transcript of the tape: http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/national/read-the-transcript-of-the-conversation-among-gop-leaders-obtained-by-the-post/2437/

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #565 on: May 17, 2017, 06:30:20 PM »

You voted for:

Tax cuts for the rich and increased tax burden for the middle class

Corruption on a level America has never seen before

Companies being allowed to throw poisonous waste into your rivers

Doing away with bank regulations that were enforced to prevent an economical disaster like 2008

a president who gets regularly pulled over the barrel by global players because he is an idiot

outsourcing of jobs

end of net neutrality (you probably do not know what that means)

your country becoming a laughing stock

Mike Pence becoming president this or the next year
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 06:41:25 PM by FalseProphet »

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #566 on: May 17, 2017, 06:51:13 PM »
Bullwinkle do you think we might see President Pence become reality? And was that a part of your calculus in your vote?

Not at all.

The only prerequisite to holding public office is having big enough brass balls to do it.
From local city council member to President of the USA.

I didn't agree with President Barack Obama's policies or agenda, but he was my President.
He is an intelligent man and passionate in his vision.

When he was elected, I didn't light fires or smash windows or beat the shit out of people.
Sometimes you don't get your way. No reason to act like a special ed kid.

This is not the end of the world.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #567 on: May 17, 2017, 06:56:56 PM »

You voted for:

Tax cuts for the rich and increased tax burden for the middle class

Corruption on a level America has never seen before

Companies being allowed to throw poisonous waste into your rivers

Doing away with bank regulations that were enforced to prevent an economical disaster like 2008

a president who gets regularly pulled over the barrel by global players because he is an idiot

outsourcing of jobs

end of net neutrality (you probably do not know what that means)

your country becoming a laughing stock

Mike Pence becoming president this or the next year

Sexual Penetration Upon You !     ;)

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #568 on: May 17, 2017, 07:16:07 PM »

Not at all.

The only prerequisite to holding public office is having big enough brass balls to do it.

I didn't agree with President Barack Obama's policies or agenda, but he was my President.

When he was elected, I didn't light fires or smash windows or beat the shit out of people.

When you say you are getting what you expected, do you really mean you expected and chose to support getting ourselves into all the controversy we are now collectively dealing with? Or do you mean something different?

I'm not advocating for Hillary here. That is a separate topic altogether and worthy of it's own thread for discussion. I'm really just curious about the Trump support perspective given the constant storm cloud that seems to be looming over his presidency.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #569 on: May 17, 2017, 07:58:36 PM »

Not at all.

When you say you are getting what you expected, do you really mean you expected and chose to support getting ourselves into all the controversy we are now collectively dealing with? Or do you mean something different?

I'm not advocating for Hillary here. That is a separate topic altogether and worthy of it's own thread for discussion. I'm really just curious about the Trump support perspective given the constant storm cloud that seems to be looming over his presidency.

I fully expected Democrats to freak the fuck out. I don't back down from bullies.