He is the wild card we need
51 (55.4%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Why do you support donald trump

• 22466 Replies

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
Re: Why do you think politics are stupid.
« Reply #510 on: May 12, 2017, 07:08:38 AM »
Have trump supporter actually ever listened to him talking?
I was more eloquent when I was 5 years old.

That's why I supported him in the election, he's not a career politician.
Well, I can't say that this surprises me ;)

But seriously, I think you should support politicians for their agenda and what they have done so far and not for how much you like the way they talk.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

disputeone

• Or should I?
Re: Why do you support donald trump
« Reply #511 on: May 12, 2017, 07:16:32 AM »
I did support him for his agenda. Far over the agenda of the other option anyway.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #512 on: May 12, 2017, 07:24:06 AM »
I did support him for his agenda. Far over the agenda of the other option anyway.

Sounds reasonable.

I think the muricans chose the worst candidates from both parties. Well, I though have to admit I kind of enjoy the clown fiesta currently happening in the USA, even though I'm a bit worried.

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #513 on: May 12, 2017, 07:53:30 AM »
I don't think he's insane, just egotistical and incompetent.

and he does not remember what he said before.

see at what he now say about china. now he praise the chinese president as a great person and also china as a great country.

the same thing with north korea, he calls the dictator a smart cookie.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #514 on: May 12, 2017, 04:01:28 PM »
Something can be great without being good and moral. In that sense I would agree China is a great country.

Someone can be smart and intelligent while being a sociopath, I would also agree that Kim Jong is "smart". Most dictators throughout history have been intelligent although a few have been arguably evil.

A bad memory ==/== insane.
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #515 on: May 12, 2017, 05:23:58 PM »
Speaking of insane, Trump just shot himself in the foot again.

After his staff and the VP have spent the last few days swearing up and down that the Comey firing had nothing to do with the Russia investigation, and was done only on the recommendation of the DOJ... " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Trump gives this interview, discrediting all of it. Lol.

Then, after leaks about some legally dubious conversations between Comey and Trump, Trump threatens Comey on Twitter with this:
James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!

To which everyone collectively squealed with glee, "There are tapes?! Yes please!" Congressional dems have already requested info about the existence of the tapes.

This could be huge, assuming any amount of cooperation from republi... oh... nevermind.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 05:26:12 PM by TotesReptilian »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #516 on: May 12, 2017, 05:44:52 PM »

I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #517 on: May 12, 2017, 05:45:28 PM »
My favorite part is the loyalty oaths Trump apparently requires from all the top people.

The "tapes", I don't know why the quotation marks are necessary, is an interesting situation.  Normally threatening someone with tapes like this would just be a tactic meant to intimidate idiots who don't know any better.  But since he's the president the situation is a little different.  Those "tapes" are now part of the Russian investigation.  Investigators are fully within their authority to possession of them in their entirety.  Trump can't outright refuse to hand them over or claim to destroy them, that would be a felony.  But he also can't hand them over since, um, it's hard to surrender something that doesn't exist.  He can't retract the claim because it would make him look even worse.

So basically we can look forward to Trump spending our tax dollars fighting the intelligence committee's demand for tapes that everybody knows doesn't exist.

#MAGA!
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #518 on: May 12, 2017, 05:52:51 PM »
Calling someone insane bacause you don't like them is pretty weak Totes, I'd say I expected better but at this point I really dont. I also refuse to go on twitter.

Seems to me like it wasn't totally unreasonable to sack the guy from the FBI we were told months ago they had evidence of a russian "hack" and they still can't deliver any, I agree that they should up their game. I'm not saying Trump isn't also incompetent, although saying anything that even agrees with him 1% is against the narrative and therefore shunned.

We could sit here and rip into the corruption of pretty much every president since JFK, however I personally believe the corruption runs much deeper than the president of the day. We were warned by early presidents of the US about this corrupt influence, I belived we failed to act.

power has risen up in the government greater than the people themselves, consisting of many and various powerful interests, combined in one mass, and held together by the cohesive power of the vast surplus in banks.” – John C. Calhoun, Vice President (1825-1832) and U.S. Senator, from a speech given on May 27, 1836

In the year of 2000 there were seven countries without a privately owned or controlled Central Bank:

Afghanistan
Iraq
Sudan
Libya
Cuba
North Korea
Iran

Three left.

I know I know, I'm insane too etc, the 6pm News tells us everything we need to know about everything. I don't mind being called crazy anymore.

I am sorry that politics are so bad at the moment, it's not good for anyone. I'm not even sure how we can start to fix it anymore.
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #519 on: May 12, 2017, 06:22:16 PM »
Calling someone insane bacause you don't like them is pretty weak Totes, I'd say I expected better but at this point I really dont. I also refuse to go on twitter.

I call him insane because of the insane things he says and does on an almost bi-weekly basis. But by all means, continue your little perpetual tantrum against me.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #520 on: May 12, 2017, 06:32:18 PM »
My tantrum you say?

It's nothing against you personally. I just wouldn't call Trump insane because he isn't, as I wouldn't call him a good president because he isn't.
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #521 on: May 12, 2017, 07:55:15 PM »
It's nothing against you personally.
Calling someone insane bacause you don't like them is pretty weak Totes, I'd say I expected better but at this point I really dont...

Uhuh.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #522 on: May 12, 2017, 08:06:36 PM »
Just an observation. I'll try to be more polite, I know I have some unpopular opinions but this is the FES.
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #523 on: May 12, 2017, 08:16:06 PM »
My favorite part is the loyalty oaths Trump apparently requires from all the top people.

Oh man I reeeeeeally hope there are tapes of all this.

The "tapes", I don't know why the quotation marks are necessary, is an interesting situation.  Normally threatening someone with tapes like this would just be a tactic meant to intimidate idiots who don't know any better.  But since he's the president the situation is a little different.  Those "tapes" are now part of the Russian investigation.  Investigators are fully within their authority to possession of them in their entirety.  Trump can't outright refuse to hand them over or claim to destroy them, that would be a felony.  But he also can't hand them over since, um, it's hard to surrender something that doesn't exist.  He can't retract the claim because it would make him look even worse.

So basically we can look forward to Trump spending our tax dollars fighting the intelligence committee's demand for tapes that everybody knows doesn't exist.

#MAGA!

I suspect he will claim that the tapes were just hypothetical, and that he was only saying that if such a tape existed, it would prove him right. I think there is a strong possibility of the tapes actually existing though. If the administration continues with the "no comment" strategy, then I would be pretty confident that the tapes actually exist.

The irony of this whole situation is hilarious though. "How low has President Trump gone to tape tappe my phone calls during the very sacred investigation process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!" -- Comey, hopefully.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #524 on: May 12, 2017, 10:47:53 PM »
It's possible there are tapes.  It's happened before obviously.  I doubt it though for a few reasons.  A recording device around a president is more of a liability than an asset. It's a government record so it's illegal to destroy.  To act against a president requires an enormous amount of hard evidence.  These recordings would be a goldmine.  Conversely a president can act against anyone with a much lower burden of proof.  It has to be taken as a whole so whatever it reveals about Comey it would probably turn up more dirty laundry on everyone around him.  With this president, recording all the conversations in the oval office would be even more of a liability.  He can't stop incriminating himself in public.  Can you imagine how bad the things he says in private are? 

All of that aside if there were a recording of this dinner conversation I seriously doubt that releasing it would help Trump's case.  Comey knows the law and most likely acts as if he's always being recorded anyways.  Trump... whenever he says something accurate I'm always taken aback.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #525 on: May 12, 2017, 11:54:36 PM »
I'll make a prediction.   

Trump is safe so long as his republican mates stick by him.   The moment it reaches a tipping point and the likes of  Ryan, Sessions,  McConnell decide to jump ship,  he will go down in flames.

As to what that tipping point might be,  I don't think firing Comey was it,   and it depends how deep the likes of Sessions and others are involved in collusion with the Russians over the election hacking.

Rachel Maddow is always good for an update,  although her style of leading the audience is a bit off putting at times. 

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

« Reply #526 on: May 13, 2017, 12:40:39 AM »
It's possible there are tapes.  It's happened before obviously.  I doubt it though for a few reasons.  A recording device around a president is more of a liability than an asset. It's a government record so it's illegal to destroy.  To act against a president requires an enormous amount of hard evidence.  These recordings would be a goldmine.  Conversely a president can act against anyone with a much lower burden of proof.  It has to be taken as a whole so whatever it reveals about Comey it would probably turn up more dirty laundry on everyone around him.  With this president, recording all the conversations in the oval office would be even more of a liability.  He can't stop incriminating himself in public.  Can you imagine how bad the things he says in private are? 

All of that aside if there were a recording of this dinner conversation I seriously doubt that releasing it would help Trump's case.  Comey knows the law and most likely acts as if he's always being recorded anyways.  Trump... whenever he says something accurate I'm always taken aback.

Well yeah, the smart thing would be to not record everything. But this is Trump we are talking about. I'll bet 10 aisantaros-bucks that those tapes exist. I'll bet 10 more aisantaros-bucks that the whitehouse maintains a strict "no comment" policy on the existence of the tapes... until Trump starts making off-the-cuff, slightly contradictory denials of their existence out of frustration.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #527 on: May 14, 2017, 11:00:44 PM »
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-us-100-billion-arms-deal-saudi-arabia-a7733871.html

Yuck.

The official, who spoke to Reuters on condition of anonymity, said the arms package could end up surpassing more than $300bn over a decade to help Saudi Arabia boost its defensive capabilities while still maintaining US ally Israel’s qualitative military edge over its neighbours.

Super yuck.

The bottom line is money nobody gives a f*ck...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 11:02:18 PM by disputeone »
I'm anti-judaism.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #528 on: May 15, 2017, 01:00:19 AM »
I wonder if Mr Trump realises that philosophically, there is little if any difference between Saudi Arabia's politics and 'Islamic States'?

What a tool

I guess it's good for Americas war machine to keep arming it's enemies  :-X

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #529 on: May 15, 2017, 01:01:56 AM »
I wonder if Mr Trump realises that philosophically, there is little if any difference between Saudi Arabia's politics and 'Islamic States'?

What a tool

I doubt he cares.  I doubt that Trump or Clinton would stand up to these barbarians. 

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #530 on: May 15, 2017, 01:05:40 AM »

What a tool

I doubt he cares.  I doubt that Trump or Clinton would stand up to these barbarians.

Based.

We can change things together, the people shouldn't be afraid of their government a government should be afraid of its people.
I'm anti-judaism.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #531 on: May 17, 2017, 01:31:53 AM »

Seems to me like it wasn't totally unreasonable to sack the guy from the FBI we were told months ago they had evidence of a russian "hack" and they still can't deliver any, I agree that they should up their game. I'm not saying Trump isn't also incompetent, although saying anything that even agrees with him 1% is against the narrative and therefore shunned.

We could sit here and rip into the corruption of pretty much every president since JFK, however I personally believe the corruption runs much deeper than the president of the day. We were warned by early presidents of the US about this corrupt influence, I belived we failed to act.

power has risen up in the government greater than the people themselves, consisting of many and various powerful interests, combined in one mass, and held together by the cohesive power of the vast surplus in banks.” – John C. Calhoun, Vice President (1825-1832) and U.S. Senator, from a speech given on May 27, 1836

In the year of 2000 there were seven countries without a privately owned or controlled Central Bank:

Afghanistan
Iraq
Sudan
Libya
Cuba
North Korea
Iran

Three left.

I know I know, I'm insane too etc, the 6pm News tells us everything we need to know about everything. I don't mind being called crazy anymore.

I am sorry that politics are so bad at the moment, it's not good for anyone. I'm not even sure how we can start to fix it anymore.

Banks should be public rather than private, like water and healthcare.

Trump is obviously mentally ill. Also he shows clear signs of dementia.

No, believing something is wrong only because the "media" say it is true is not a reasonable approach.

I personally believe the corruption runs much deeper than the president of the day

Wow. Nobody else knows that.  ::)

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #532 on: May 17, 2017, 01:37:04 AM »
Trump is obviously mentally ill.

Please cite Trumps medical records.

Failing that please cite your qualifications in psychology and justification to make that call based on your television and never meeting the guy.

Wow. Nobody else knows that.  ::)

Actually, not many people do.
I'm anti-judaism.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #533 on: May 17, 2017, 01:58:09 AM »

Failing that please cite your qualifications in psychology and justification to make that call based on your television and never meeting the guy.
I don't think he has claimed that he made a proper medical diagnosis.

Member of the BOTD

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #534 on: May 17, 2017, 02:06:08 AM »
Trump is obviously mentally ill.

I don't think he has claimed that he made a proper medical diagnosis.

I'm anti-judaism.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #535 on: May 17, 2017, 02:09:56 AM »
Well, that's obviously his opinon and not a correct medical diagnosis.
I think that should be rather easy to distinguish.

Member of the BOTD

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #536 on: May 17, 2017, 02:15:31 AM »
I think he should state that it is just his opinion and not use a term like "Trump is obviously mentally ill."

This is what I meant in the other thread about being dismissed as a person. I think that should be rather easy to distinguish.
I'm anti-judaism.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #537 on: May 17, 2017, 02:27:17 AM »
I think he should state that it is just his opinion and not use a term like "Trump is obviously mentally ill."
I agree, it would be better if he stated that.
On the other hand, this is an online forum. So, unless sources are provided or something is specifically stated as a fact, I generally assume it's just the posters opinion.

Member of the BOTD

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #538 on: May 17, 2017, 02:28:04 AM »
You do not have to be a doctor to see that somebody is lame. Except he simulates.

Likewise you do not have to be a psychologist to see that Trump has a narcissistic personality disorder and is demented (though, of course, lots of psychologists have warned the public that this is the case).

but who knows, maybe it's all part of a incredibly smart, devilish plan.

And yes indeed, it is quite commonly known that American politics is corrupt.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #539 on: May 17, 2017, 02:53:40 AM »
Lol...False prophet.... I am always so happy when you get your turn in your village at the computer kiosk..

I miss you when you are MIA, I always assume the worst but hope for the best... You shouldn't worry me so much sugar plum  :'(
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir