disputeone

• Or should I?
Re: Why do you support boydster.
« Reply #421 on: May 08, 2017, 07:14:46 PM »
I know right.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
Re: Why do you support donald trump
« Reply #422 on: May 08, 2017, 07:19:45 PM »
If a man thinks he is a bunny, he has a mental disorder.
If a woman thinks she is jesus, she has a mental disorder.

If someone believes they are a member of the opposite sex, there is something going on in their brain.

There is no excuse to chastise them for their disorder.
But, society has no obligation to indulge their fantasy.

I know I'm late to the party here and admittedly have a lot of catching up to do before I'm up to speed with everyone.

But I have to say I think there is something to this thing that you shared, Bullwinkle. All of it. There's a big difference between someone saying they feel a certain way and saying they are actually, in fact, something that is demonstrably false. Example - someone whose sperm fertilized an egg but expresses them self in a way considered "feminine" and stating they feel like a woman makes perfect sense to me. But that same person stating that they are actually a woman and everyone must now refer to him/her/whatever with the proper pronoun or be declared rude, inconsiderate, or bigoted does not make sense to me. Now let me be the first to say, that is an idealized example in terms of establishing clearly defined boundaries, but it's made to illustrate the point. Are there other examples that might be tougher to place in clear categories? Absolutely. But just because there are examples that might be difficult to categorize shouldn't mean that the categories just be tossed out the window.

That's not to say I deny that there can be a spectrum of sexuality or even gender. Clearly there is. But for someone to say that they feel a certain way and so everyone else around them must conform to that internal feeling while ignoring all evidence to the contrary seems wrong. Where do we draw the line?

Eeeeeeeeee!

Boydster!

Everybody shut the fuck up for a minute while I give boydster a non consensual man hug.

Shhhh. No words. Just emotions.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #423 on: May 08, 2017, 07:30:19 PM »
Aw shucks...

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #424 on: May 08, 2017, 08:16:45 PM »
I wonder how many of those extra genders are for females. It's usually gay males who get the extra gender in cultures that have more than two.

In our case that's true, basir are commonly men who somehow behave like women. In the case of Sulawesi the three additional genders are gays, lesbians and transvestites. They must not be physical transvestites, it is enough, that they do not consider themselves as male or female. They are holy persons, they are the only ones who have the mind to embrace human existence in its totality. Most were slaughtered by the Muslim mobs when Suharto came to power in the 60s. That was a bad time in many respects, it annihilated all left wing political movements in Indonesia and anathematized the syncretistic way of thinking peculiar to Indonesian culture. Indonesia lost its soul in that time and it has never recovered.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #425 on: May 09, 2017, 06:06:38 AM »
If a man is living his life as if he were actually a woman, just hasn't gone through the transition, is she not a woman? She introduces herself as a woman, she does the societal standards of feminine things (dressing like one, wearing make-up, longer hair, shaving body hair, etc.), and literally the only way to tell that she has a penis is to see her naked. I don't know about you, but a person who is living full time as the opposite sex is that sex in my eyes.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #426 on: May 09, 2017, 06:22:16 AM »
You're entitled to that opinion.

I just don't like it when people try to say it's scientific.
I'm anti-judaism.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #427 on: May 09, 2017, 09:19:25 AM »
If a man is living his life as if he were actually a woman, just hasn't gone through the transition, is she not a woman? She introduces herself as a woman, she does the societal standards of feminine things (dressing like one, wearing make-up, longer hair, shaving body hair, etc.), and literally the only way to tell that she has a penis is to see her naked. I don't know about you, but a person who is living full time as the opposite sex is that sex in my eyes.

Most do not pass that easily. Also, it's perfectly fine if you see them as whatever sex they claim, if you call them by their preferred pronouns, etc.  This is a personal choice for you.  This is the polite choice. It's when they want legislation changed, or to be allowed to compete in female sports, or to be allowed to make the declaration of being a woman the only requirement for using female specific facilities that this becomes an issue.

Here we have a middle aged male taking weightlifting championships from females (and breaking records in female sports) http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11821399

Cycling http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/22/transgender-cyclist-places-first-among-women-arizo/

MMA http://middleeasy.com/mma-news/here-s-the-fallon-fox-fight-that-left-tamikka-brents-with-a-concussion-broken-orbital-and-7-staples-in-her-head/

There are lots more examples of this in sports. There are lots of examples of people taking advantage of the trans umbrella to hang out in the bathrooms and changing rooms designated female. There are lots of examples of businesses (which have the right to do so) making the women's bathroom "all gender" but keeping the men's room for the men.

We have trans activists calling lesbians bigots for not being sexually attracted to transwomen - see Riley J. Dennis on "Everyday Feminism" for example.

I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #428 on: May 09, 2017, 09:43:17 AM »
Sexual preference is a choice. Have at it. Enjoy.
Genetics is a given. Reality. Different thing.

I told the story a while back about two dudes in dresses in the wine isle at the market.
In my twenties I may have been freaked out.
Now in my 50's I don't care.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #429 on: May 09, 2017, 09:56:52 AM »
I wonder how many of those extra genders are for females. It's usually gay males who get the extra gender in cultures that have more than two.

In our case that's true, basir are commonly men who somehow behave like women. In the case of Sulawesi the three additional genders are gays, lesbians and transvestites. They must not be physical transvestites, it is enough, that they do not consider themselves as male or female. They are holy persons, they are the only ones who have the mind to embrace human existence in its totality. Most were slaughtered by the Muslim mobs when Suharto came to power in the 60s. That was a bad time in many respects, it annihilated all left wing political movements in Indonesia and anathematized the syncretistic way of thinking peculiar to Indonesian culture. Indonesia lost its soul in that time and it has never recovered.

This is sad. I wish your country could get back what it has lost.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #430 on: May 09, 2017, 10:09:07 AM »

I told the story a while back about two dudes in dresses in the wine isle at the market.

i am more "freaking out" on how kids nowadays wear their pants that low that you can see their shorts underneath it and find it cool.

but anyway, i don't think Sexual preference is not always choice.
There are a lot of cases where kid knew already very early that they are not boys even they had male genitalia.
it the same with the preference of with whom you like to have a sexual relation with.
it is not genetic but it is also not a choice somebody makes.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #431 on: May 09, 2017, 10:20:13 AM »
Getting back to the original question of this thread... ladies, gents, and wood sprites, we finally have our answer:

May God have mercy on us all.

To tie this back in to why people voted for Trump, this article backs up your idea in a way https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/05/white-working-class-trump-cultural-anxiety/525771/?utm_source=twb

Controlling for other demographic variables, three factors stood out as strong independent predictors of how white working-class people would vote. The first was anxiety about cultural change. Sixty-eight percent of white working-class voters said the American way of life needs to be protected from foreign influence. And nearly half agreed with the statement, “things have changed so much that I often feel like a stranger in my own country.”

Watching that video would make some people feel like the US has lost its marbles  :P

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #432 on: May 09, 2017, 10:24:48 AM »

Indonesia is not my country, but thanks  :D

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #433 on: May 09, 2017, 10:25:11 AM »

i am more "freaking out" on how kids nowadays wear their pants that low that you can see their shorts underneath it and find it cool.

but anyway, i don't think Sexual preference is not always choice.
There are a lot of cases where kid knew already very early that they are not boys even they had male genitalia.
it the same with the preference of with whom you like to have a sexual relation with.
it is not genetic but it is also not a choice somebody makes.

Understood. I meant sexual activity is a choice.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #434 on: May 09, 2017, 10:35:24 AM »

Most do not pass that easily. Also, it's perfectly fine if you see them as whatever sex they claim, if you call them by their preferred pronouns, etc.  This is a personal choice for you.  This is the polite choice. It's when they want legislation changed, or to be allowed to compete in female sports, or to be allowed to make the declaration of being a woman the only requirement for using female specific facilities that this becomes an issue.

Here we have a middle aged male taking weightlifting championships from females (and breaking records in female sports) http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11821399

Cycling http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/22/transgender-cyclist-places-first-among-women-arizo/

MMA http://middleeasy.com/mma-news/here-s-the-fallon-fox-fight-that-left-tamikka-brents-with-a-concussion-broken-orbital-and-7-staples-in-her-head/

There are lots more examples of this in sports. There are lots of examples of people taking advantage of the trans umbrella to hang out in the bathrooms and changing rooms designated female. There are lots of examples of businesses (which have the right to do so) making the women's bathroom "all gender" but keeping the men's room for the men.

We have trans activists calling lesbians bigots for not being sexually attracted to transwomen - see Riley J. Dennis on "Everyday Feminism" for example.

I don't disagree with any of what you said. I realize anything beyond just personal recognition of the existence of transgendered people is going to be very nuanced and have to walk a fine line to accommodate the real transgendered people while not enabling the fakers.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn

« Reply #436 on: May 09, 2017, 03:24:13 PM »
WTF??  I'm not even sure what to make of this. 

This is why I have to keep following the Trump Show!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/comey-misstated-key-clinton-email-evidence-at-hearing-say-people-close-to-investigation/2017/05/09/074c1c7e-34bd-11e7-b373-418f6849a004_story.html?utm_term=.6bcbc5d58add

Wow. They fired Comey. Trump just fired the guy leading the investigation against him. This is big.

They used his handling of the Clinton email investigation as an excuse. Lol. Suuuuure, buddy.

Edit: Just yesterday Lindsey Graham announced he wants to look into Trump's business ties with Russia after the Yates/Clapper Senate hearing. (finally)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 03:30:05 PM by TotesReptilian »

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #437 on: May 09, 2017, 03:28:32 PM »

« Reply #438 on: May 09, 2017, 03:34:07 PM »
Saturday Night Massacre?

Ding ding ding.

This also happened today: Senate Russia investigators have sent a request to the Treasury Department's criminal investigation division for any information related to President Donald Trump.

Edit: Spicer seems to be playing this pretty cool and cocky, and there hasn't been a Trump Twitter rampage yet, so maybe they know this is the wrong tree to bark up. Well, at least the Senate appears to be doing something, which is a step up from before.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 03:42:49 PM by TotesReptilian »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #439 on: May 09, 2017, 03:42:20 PM »

For some reason I thought Indonesia was the name for a bigger region that Malaysia was part of  :P

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #440 on: May 09, 2017, 03:42:44 PM »
That.

Trumpcare 2.0

Yates.

Eric Trump.

Wow this is a lot.  This feels like the season finale of the Trump Show.  Hopefully we'll get time before the next season starts up to parse all of this.

Bigly ratings!

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #441 on: May 09, 2017, 04:10:25 PM »

For some reason I thought Indonesia was the name for a bigger region that Malaysia was part of  :P

That's true somehow, in a cultural sense. The official languages of both countries are essentially the same. But politically they are seperate.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #442 on: May 09, 2017, 04:27:13 PM »
I just read where the governor of Indonesia has been sentenced to 2 years in prison for blasphemy  >:(

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #443 on: May 09, 2017, 04:37:13 PM »
I hope you guys can avoid a civil war over silly political differences.
I'm anti-judaism.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #444 on: May 09, 2017, 04:41:33 PM »
I doubt we'll have a civil war but this goes beyond political differences. It looks like someone is committing treason.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #445 on: May 09, 2017, 04:44:19 PM »
I doubt it too, I just hope things work out ok.
I'm anti-judaism.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #446 on: May 09, 2017, 05:13:31 PM »
I don't disagree with any of what you said. I realize anything beyond just personal recognition of the existence of transgendered people is going to be very nuanced and have to walk a fine line to accommodate the real transgendered people while not enabling the fakers.

I hope my reply did not come off as harsh. I didn't mean for it to.

« Reply #447 on: May 09, 2017, 06:39:33 PM »
I doubt we'll have a civil war but this goes beyond political differences. It looks like someone is committing treason.

I didn't think it would come to violence either, but I also didn't think Trump would fire Comey. The more legitimate checks on Trump's power get compromised, the more likely people will resort to illegitimate checks on his power. Dangerous waters.

« Reply #448 on: May 09, 2017, 07:28:32 PM »
The press release, Trump's termination letter to Comey, and the recommendations from Sessions and Deputy AG Rosenstein to Trump to fire Comey:

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/politics/fbi-director-james-b-comeys-termination-letters-from-the-white-house-attorney-general/2430/

Rosenstein makes a well reasoned and intelligent argument against Comey based on his handling of the email investigation. Then Sessions and Trump come along and sabotage it. Lol @ Trump's letter:

While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur with the judgment of the Department of Justice that you are not able to effectively lead the Bureau.

He just can't help but shoot himself in the foot...

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #449 on: May 09, 2017, 07:40:11 PM »
I doubt it too, I just hope things work out ok.

It always does.

Americans have a remarkable ability to ignore reality.   ;)