6 (6.6%)
He is the wild card we need
50 (54.9%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Why do you support donald trump

• 22433 Replies
Re: Why do you support donald trump
« Reply #300 on: May 02, 2017, 11:10:18 AM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/president-trump-oval-office-interview-cbs-this-morning-full-transcript/

Can anyone tell me exactly what he is talking about? Normally I can at least figure out what he is trying to say, but I am drawing a complete blank here.

Edit: Oh, just watched the video of the interview. He is literally talking about the view out the window. WOOOSH
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 11:18:21 AM by TotesReptilian »

« Reply #301 on: May 02, 2017, 11:14:28 AM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/president-trump-oval-office-interview-cbs-this-morning-full-transcript/

Can anyone tell me exactly what he is talking about? Normally I can at least figure out what he is trying to say, but I am drawing a complete blank here.

its only the standard babbeling he does when he does not understand the question.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #302 on: May 02, 2017, 03:34:53 PM »
Not surprising. Here is his answer on 2+2 (a mock up)

"I have to say a lot of people have been asking this question. No, really. A lot of people come up to me, and they ask me. They say, 'What's 2+2'? And I tell them, look, we know what 2+2 is. We've had almost eight years of the worst kind of math you can imagine. Oh, my God, I can't believe it. Addition and subtraction of the 1s the 2s and the 3s. It's terrible. It's just terrible. Look, if you want to know what 2+2 is, do you want to know what 2+2 is? I'll tell you. First of all the number 2, by the way, I love the number 2. It's probably my favorite number, no it is my favorite number. You know what, it's probably more like the number two but with a lot of zeros behind it. A lot. If I'm being honest, I mean, if I'm being honest. I like a lot of zeros. Except for Marco Rubio, now he's a zero that I don't like. Though, I probably shouldn't say that. He's a nice guy, but he's like, '10101000101,' on and on, like that. He's like a computer! You know what I mean? He's like a computer. I don't know. I mean, you know. So, we have all these numbers, and we can add them and subtract them and add them. TIMES them even. Did you know that? We can times them OR divide them, they don't tell you that, and I'll tell you, no one is better at the order of operations than me. You wouldn't believe it. So, we're gonna be the best on 2+2, believe me."

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #303 on: May 02, 2017, 04:11:28 PM »

"I have to say a lot of people have been asking this question. No, really. A lot of people come up to me, and they ask me. They say, 'What's 2+2'? And I tell them, look, we know what 2+2 is. We've had almost eight years of the worst kind of math you can imagine. Oh, my God, I can't believe it. Addition and subtraction of the 1s the 2s and the 3s. It's terrible. It's just terrible. Look, if you want to know what 2+2 is, do you want to know what 2+2 is? I'll tell you. First of all the number 2, by the way, I love the number 2. It's probably my favorite number, no it is my favorite number. You know what, it's probably more like the number two but with a lot of zeros behind it. A lot. If I'm being honest, I mean, if I'm being honest. I like a lot of zeros. Except for Marco Rubio, now he's a zero that I don't like. Though, I probably shouldn't say that. He's a nice guy, but he's like, '10101000101,' on and on, like that. He's like a computer! You know what I mean? He's like a computer. I don't know. I mean, you know. So, we have all these numbers, and we can add them and subtract them and add them. TIMES them even. Did you know that? We can times them OR divide them, they don't tell you that, and I'll tell you, no one is better at the order of operations than me. You wouldn't believe it. So, we're gonna be the best on 2+2, believe me."

"Five. But let's talk about the stuff people care about like veterans affairs..." -- Kelly Anne Conway

"Well if you listen to what the president is saying... sit down, let me talk... and I think he has made it very clear... no, it's my turn, you'll get your turn in a minute... the president made it very clear what he thinks 2+2 is..." -- Sean Spicer

"My teacher told me it was four, but my dad said I have to listen to Miss Kelly Anne." -- Eric Trump

"Our opponents, the media, and the whole world will soon see that the president's thoughts on 2+2 are very substantial and will not be questioned." -- Stephen Miller
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 04:15:20 PM by TotesReptilian »

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #304 on: May 02, 2017, 05:11:58 PM »
We haven't had a campaign that wasn't based purely on discrediting your opponent since I have been alive.

Exactly. Hence the need for electoral reform.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

« Reply #305 on: May 02, 2017, 05:51:47 PM »
Ha. Touche. But on the other, if we can't make fun of the dumbass things this administration is says, then what's the point of living in a democracy?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #306 on: May 02, 2017, 05:57:28 PM »
We have to make fun of him while we can, he's still looking at changing the libel laws!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #307 on: May 02, 2017, 05:59:30 PM »
Ha. Touche. But on the other, if we can't make fun of the dumbass things this administration is says, then what's the point of living in a democracy?

Agreed.
I'm anti-judaism.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #308 on: May 02, 2017, 06:47:11 PM »
Something people should consider though....

The more you denigrate and make fun of your own countries leaders, the weaker your nation becomes and the stronger rival nations get.

I do not approve of the way China, Russia and North Korea deal with freedoms at all but one side effect of their brutality is they are very strong and committed.

I would say America would be better served expressing their outrage with mature dialogue rather than riot in the streets, smash windows, torch random cars/buildings, violently attack others with a different view etc A divided nation is a weaker nation. I'm not saying roll over and let him have a free ride. But to try and work WITH him rather than AGAINST. I don't care much for the leader of my country either. But throwing a molitov cocktail and some innocent random small business is not going to solve the problem.

He may not be the President you want or voted for, but if you want your country to have a chance in prospering in the next 4 years, people there need to suck it up and behave like adults and accept he is YOUR President. I can see why other dictatorships would never want to grant people basic freedoms. They just look at America to what happens when 'People have power'. The behaviour only cements people suffering oppression in such countries to stay suffering as their leaders grip tighter and tighter to power.

People should have the power and they do. It's how they use it that defines them.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #309 on: May 02, 2017, 06:49:33 PM »

LOL.

Good post!
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #310 on: May 02, 2017, 07:01:12 PM »
We have to make fun of him while we can, he's still looking at changing the libel laws!

Scg no disrespect but dissent is merely tolerated now, we don't have the right to disagree anymore.

It's perfectly legal to put someone in a hole for the rest of their life with no charges, no trial, no lawyer and no jury of their peers. It's perfectly legal for the government to just make us "disappear" After that certain day so many years ago which changed our future and our freedoms forever.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Act

Edit. Typo.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 01:05:15 AM by disputeone »
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #311 on: May 02, 2017, 07:41:46 PM »
Something people should consider though....

The more you denigrate and make fun of your own countries leaders, the weaker your nation becomes and the stronger rival nations get.

I do not approve of the way China, Russia and North Korea deal with freedoms at all but one side effect of their brutality is they are very strong and committed.

Lol, what? In what way are Russia and North Korea "very strong and committed"? China is only strong economically by shear weight of numbers.

I would say America would be better served expressing their outrage with mature dialogue rather than riot in the streets, smash windows, torch random cars/buildings, violently attack others with a different view etc A divided nation is a weaker nation. I'm not saying roll over and let him have a free ride. But to try and work WITH him rather than AGAINST. I don't care much for the leader of my country either. But throwing a molitov cocktail and some innocent random small business is not going to solve the problem.

Who the heck is advocating violent protests?

He may not be the President you want or voted for, but if you want your country to have a chance in prospering in the next 4 years, people there need to suck it up and behave like adults and accept he is YOUR President. I can see why other dictatorships would never want to grant people basic freedoms. They just look at America to what happens when 'People have power'. The behaviour only cements people suffering oppression in such countries to stay suffering as their leaders grip tighter and tighter to power.

Wow this is some dumb logic. No, I am not going to stop criticizing the president when he says or does dumb stuff. The willingness to criticize our leaders is probably the main reason that Trump/Ryan were unable to pass their awful healthcare reform law. Practically the entire nation was up in arms against it. It works.

People should have the power and they do. It's how they use it that defines them.

Holding our leaders accountable is one of the foundational responsibilities of every citizen of a democracy. Nincompoop.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #312 on: May 02, 2017, 08:05:22 PM »
Lol, what? In what way are Russia and North Korea "very strong and committed"? China is only strong economically by shear weight of numbers.

Politicians in western countries seem to be able to only pass legislation that is 'popular' and short term. China for example can have a long term vision and implement not so popular measures that may be in a long term greater good. Our governments also have 'partisan for partisan sake' oppositions to contend with. Doesn't matter if an idea is good, it will be blocked just so the opposition feels like it has some relevance.

Are you trying to tell me that the 'Not my President' and the protests on November 9 and beyond have all been peaceful without violence. Just google image search 'Trump riots' and tell me they look peaceful and mature. Many slogans/graffiti ordering for the killing of Trump. No avocation of violence you say?

The 'left' side of politics usually get far more riled up violently than the right side. People on the left have been busted going to Trump rallies with the deliberate intent to start some violence in the hopes of discrediting their opposition. Yep real mature

Wow this is some dumb logic. No, I am not going to stop criticizing the president when he says or does dumb stuff. The willingness to criticize our leaders is probably the main reason that Trump/Ryan were unable to pass their awful healthcare reform law. Practically the entire nation was up in arms against it. It works.

And I never said that you could not criticize the president or cant hold him/her to account. I only said it would be better to engage in a mature dialogue. How have the riots accomplished anything except further alienate any concerns you have with the President? Perhaps that is something that butthurt  snowflake millennials aren't capable of doing because all their life they have been wrapped in cotton wool, been given participation medals and told how special they were.

Holding our leaders accountable is one of the foundational responsibilities of every citizen of a democracy. Nincompoop.

This can be achieved without resorting to vandalism and violence. Those that support these violent and uncivilised activities are the real nincompoops  :P
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 08:07:26 PM by Shifter »

Know your place

« Reply #313 on: May 02, 2017, 08:29:58 PM »

Politicians in western countries seem to be able to only pass legislation that is 'popular' and short term. China for example can have a long term vision and implement not so popular measures that may be in a long term greater good. Our governments also have 'partisan for partisan sake' oppositions to contend with. Doesn't matter if an idea is good, it will be blocked just so the opposition feels like it has some relevance.

I agree that shortsighted policies are a weakness of governments with short term lengths. I also don't like "partisan for partisan sake" opposition. Neither of those are reasons to restrain from valid criticism though.

Are you trying to tell me that the 'Not my President' and the protests on November 9 and beyond have all been peaceful without violence. Just google image search 'Trump riots' and tell me they look peaceful and mature. Many slogans/graffiti ordering for the killing of Trump. No avocation of violence you say?

1. I have not advocated violence.
2. I don't think anyone on this thread advocated violence. (but maybe I just missed it)
3. Has every protest been peaceful? Of course not. The vast majority have been peaceful though. I have not personally seen a single violent protest. There were a string of protests that got crashed by some black bloc anarchists. But pretty much everyone on both sides hates them.

The 'left' side of politics usually get far more riled up violently than the right side. People on the left have been busted going to Trump rallies with the deliberate intent to start some violence in the hopes of discrediting their opposition. Yep real mature

So, whenever right-wing protests get violent, it's because of provocateurs from the left. But whenever left-wing protests get violent, it's representative of everyone on the left?

And I never said that you could not criticize the president or cant hold him/her to account. I only said it would be better to engage in a mature dialogue. How have the riots accomplished anything except further alienate any concerns you have with the President? Perhaps that is something that butthurt  snowflake millennials aren't capable of doing because all their life they have been wrapped in cotton wool, been given participation medals and told how special they were.

Again, no one here is advocating violent riots. The vast majority of people protesting Trump are not advocating violence. I would be happy to have a mature dialog with you. What would you like to discuss?

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #314 on: May 02, 2017, 08:45:36 PM »
Again, no one here is advocating violent riots.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifaschistische_Aktion

When a fascist is anyone who isn't radically left wing we have issues.

They are selling their own concealed blades.

Also this.

Free palestine.
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #315 on: May 02, 2017, 09:00:37 PM »
Again, no one here is advocating violent riots.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifaschistische_Aktion

When a fascist is anyone who isn't radically left wing we have issues.

By "here", I meant this thread.

I don't know much about that group, but yes, I'm sure you can find a ton of overzealous/radical/violent groups on both sides of the aisle. Two can play at that game. They don't represent the majority though, nor should we avoid valid criticism because of their existence.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #316 on: May 02, 2017, 09:22:30 PM »

Fucking amateurs.
PHOENIX JOHN
BROWN GUN CLUB
A club for owners of brown guns?
What's a Phoenix John?
PHOENIX
John Brown
GUN CLUB

That's what you get when you blow your entire sign budget on pizza and beer.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 09:24:14 PM by Bullwinkle »

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #317 on: May 02, 2017, 09:41:49 PM »
I didn't mean to imply people are advocating violence in this thread, I meant in general.

One of the hallmarks of Americas democracy is that between every government, there has been a peaceful transfer of power.

Remember the gasps and outrage when Trump hinted he 'may not accept the result' of the election because it may be rigged against him?? How the tables turned. Now we have the democrats crying foul and rigged and the voters refusing to accept the result and the democrats engaging in a 'block everything' because they refuse to recognise Trump. (in their defence, when they were in power the Republicans were doing similar tactics where they could), but it such a stupid self defeating tactic.

The one point I am trying to get across is that people should just be more mature when it comes to protests, holding their elected representatives to account and regardless of what 'side' you're on to always conduct yourself in a manner that is both civilised and with dignity.

If you are concerned about what Trump may do to ObamaCare, burning and effigy of Trump screaming chants of 'Not My President!' and other profanity expletives about him and his family is not going to get the person who can make things happen to listen to you. It is a discredit to your cause and your country to behave like this.

America has the opportunity to show the world how to deal with a President you don't like or agree with. Instead it appears from an outsiders perspective, that it has been Libya and other fallen African and Middle Eastern countries of late that have shown you how to deal with the problem. How well has it worked for them?

The current path is only getting Trump to dig his heels in and strengthen his and his supporters resolve.

A divided nation is weak, but then I'm sure some of the left side of politics would love to see Trump fail. But if he fails, so does your country. I seriously don't get it. If you loved your country, more than ever you should be rooting for his success! (as hard as that may be to stomach).

Don't get me wrong, I think Trump is a terrible example of a human being and certainly not the best or brightest fit to lead a nation. (I don't think his opponent was much better in this regard though). I just think things need to be handled differently if there is to be a brighter future.

Know your place

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #318 on: May 02, 2017, 10:04:30 PM »

America has the opportunity to show the world how to deal with a President you don't like or agree with.

We did that with Obama.

« Reply #319 on: May 03, 2017, 12:49:44 AM »
I didn't mean to imply people are advocating violence in this thread, I meant in general.

Um... ok. We agree on that then. Violence is bad, mkay?

One of the hallmarks of Americas democracy is that between every government, there has been a peaceful transfer of power.

And this election was no exception.

Remember the gasps and outrage when Trump hinted he 'may not accept the result' of the election because it may be rigged against him?? How the tables turned. Now we have the democrats crying foul and rigged and the voters refusing to accept the result and the democrats engaging in a 'block everything' because they refuse to recognise Trump. (in their defence, when they were in power the Republicans were doing similar tactics where they could), but it such a stupid self defeating tactic.

The one point I am trying to get across is that people should just be more mature when it comes to protests, holding their elected representatives to account and regardless of what 'side' you're on to always conduct yourself in a manner that is both civilised and with dignity.

If you are concerned about what Trump may do to ObamaCare, burning and effigy of Trump screaming chants of 'Not My President!' and other profanity expletives about him and his family is not going to get the person who can make things happen to listen to you. It is a discredit to your cause and your country to behave like this.

America has the opportunity to show the world how to deal with a President you don't like or agree with. Instead it appears from an outsiders perspective, that it has been Libya and other fallen African and Middle Eastern countries of late that have shown you how to deal with the problem. How well has it worked for them?

Where do you live? Where are you getting your information from? This all seems completely off base to me.

The vast majority of protests have been peaceful. I haven't seen anyone of prominence calling the election rigged except for Trump himself (even after he won). I haven't seen the democrats use a "block everything" strategy. In fact they just recently announced that Congress agreed to a bipartisan spending bill. Quite a few Trump appointees were approved without incident. The stuff they HAVE attempted to block was well justified: healthcare, Gorsuch, Sessions, DeVos, etc.

The current path is only getting Trump to dig his heels in and strengthen his and his supporters resolve.

Screw that. We need to expose his lies and ignorance for what they are so people aren't fooled into supporting this moron.

A divided nation is weak, but then I'm sure some of the left side of politics would love to see Trump fail. But if he fails, so does your country. I seriously don't get it. If you loved your country, more than ever you should be rooting for his success! (as hard as that may be to stomach).

If his policies are bad for the country, I absolutely want him to fail to implement them. I am not going to root for his idiotic border wall. I am not going to root for his Muslim ban. I am not going to root for him to wreck healthcare or the environment or foreign relations or scientific progress. The government will chug along just fine for 4 years if he does nothing outside of signing legislation put in front of him.

If he wants to do something good for the country then I will absolutely root for that, but so far they have been few and far between.

Also, you realize that the vast majority of the division was instigated by Trump himself, right? He has been spreading baseless anti-liberal conspiracy theories for years. He was the biggest voice behind the birther movement. And now that he has become president, he hasn't ended his divisiveness. He blames the "loser democrats" for practically everything. Just check his twitter feed.

Telling opponents of Trump to stop being divisive is about as ironic as it gets. It's like the school bully telling the victim to "stop hitting yourself! stop hitting yourself! stop hitting yourself!"

Don't get me wrong, I think Trump is a terrible example of a human being and certainly not the best or brightest fit to lead a nation. (I don't think his opponent was much better in this regard though). I just think things need to be handled differently if there is to be a brighter future.

Hillary is irrelevant at this point. I think you just have a skewed view of what is going on. I have no idea where you are getting this notion that the streets are flooded with violence. They aren't. The vast majority of protests have been peaceful.

But we absolutely should NOT stop criticizing Trump, as long as he continues to do things worth criticizing.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #320 on: May 03, 2017, 12:52:44 AM »
Wow Totes.
I'm anti-judaism.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #321 on: May 03, 2017, 01:23:35 AM »
Sorry I have just never seen you so passionate about anything.

If you think having Trump impeached will help the US then power to you bro. However, from experience with Australian politics, changing leader mid-term is unwise.

Shifter also knows this, we look like absolute clowns to the rest of the world in a political sense.

Two leadership changes in last goverment and so far one leadership change in our current government.

I literally didn't vote last election and paid the fine (compulsory vote here) I used to think voting was important until they sacked Kevin Rudd, he was a damn good PM (stimulus bonus amirite?) and I voted for him, no one asked me if we should sack him.

I've nearly lost faith in our system now. I agree with a lot of Shifters sentiments in this thread.
I'm anti-judaism.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #322 on: May 03, 2017, 01:34:58 AM »
Tactically speaking I wouldn't want to see Trump impeached.  His saving grace is that he's thoroughly incompetent.  The checks built into the system are effectively keeping him from doing too much damage so far.  Just 1357 days to go.

If Trump stepped down we'd have Mike "American Taliban" Pence for president. 
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #323 on: May 03, 2017, 01:56:58 AM »
I agree he's incompetent no doubt.

I fell for the MSM attacking him and thought he would actually shake some trees and maybe even drain the swamp.

I was wrong. Imo he might've gone in thinking he was going to change things but was immediately reminded how the game is played and what he was expected to do.

I supported him because I thought he was more honest than his opponent, which isn't saying much at all imo.
I'm anti-judaism.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #324 on: May 03, 2017, 02:03:31 AM »
Now it's back to anarchy for me.

inb4 it wont work.
I know.
I'm anti-judaism.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #325 on: May 03, 2017, 10:20:04 AM »
Tactically speaking I wouldn't want to see Trump impeached.  His saving grace is that he's thoroughly incompetent.  The checks built into the system are effectively keeping him from doing too much damage so far.  Just 1357 days to go.

If Trump stepped down we'd have Mike "American Taliban" Pence for president.

I have come to the same conclusion.  There is no one behind him that I want to pick up the reins. We just need to survive his term and get to the next election. Hopefully he will decided the presidency is too much work and will decline to run for a second term. Then both parties will have someone new to choose from.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #326 on: May 03, 2017, 11:26:57 AM »
Sorry I have just never seen you so passionate about anything.

Anti-intellectualism is amusing when it comes from flat earthers. It is much less amusing when it comes from the president and gets parroted by a significant portion of the populace.

If you think having Trump impeached will help the US then power to you bro. However, from experience with Australian politics, changing leader mid-term is unwise.

Unless the Russia investigation unearths something that runs very deep, I'm with crutonius and SCG on this one. His incompetence is a blessing in disguise.

Shifter also knows this, we look like absolute clowns to the rest of the world in a political sense.

Two leadership changes in last goverment and so far one leadership change in our current government.

I literally didn't vote last election and paid the fine (compulsory vote here) I used to think voting was important until they sacked Kevin Rudd, he was a damn good PM (stimulus bonus amirite?) and I voted for him, no one asked me if we should sack him.

I've nearly lost faith in our system now.

Bummer. I don't know much about Aussie politics. I generally just like to imagine you are run by a parliament of 'roos and crocs.

I agree with a lot of Shifters sentiments in this thread.

Here's the thing though. You keep complaining about all the violent protests in the States, despite not living here, and I'm here like...

« Reply #327 on: May 03, 2017, 11:39:21 AM »
Speaking of violent riots... the House is currently trying to whip up support for a new healthcare bill. If you don't like the tone of the protests now, just wait until they take healthcare away from 10 - 30 million people. That might get a bit tense.

I doubt it will pass the Senate though. They are just trying to get something past the House so they can tell their supporters "we tried! those darn dems in the Senate blocked us!"

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #328 on: May 03, 2017, 11:45:52 AM »
Then both parties will have someone new to choose from.

Which can only better than the choice they had in the last election.
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #329 on: May 03, 2017, 04:30:01 PM »
Here's the thing though. You keep complaining about all the violent protests in the States, despite not living here, and I'm here like...

Am I not allowed to be concerned for the American people? If idgaf then I wouldn't worry about what's happenings over there.

I'd probably just say something like this.

I generally just like to imagine you are run by a parliament of 'roos and crocs.
I'm anti-judaism.