50 (54.9%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Why do you support donald trump

• 22433 Replies

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
Re: Why do you support donald trump
« Reply #270 on: April 25, 2017, 06:10:44 PM »

...previous presidents looking for 'popularity' ..

No other president looked so much for popularity as Trump. He is just not very good in it.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #271 on: April 25, 2017, 06:30:58 PM »
Previous presidents had speech writers that were very careful not to 'offend' anyone and always conceited to foreign rival leaders putting American interests last (or certainly not first). How much money did previous American governments hand over to countries like North Korea?

Donald Trump speaks his mind and doesn't give a rats whether sections of the community are offended. Everything that previous presidents like Barack Obama or the First Ladies had speeches that were not their own words and heavily screened before it went to air.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #272 on: April 25, 2017, 06:38:05 PM »
Previous presidents had speech writers that were very careful not to 'offend' anyone and always conceited to foreign rival leaders putting American interests last (or certainly not first).

Nobody in the Trump administration gives a f**k for "America's interest, they are as corrupt as it can get. And for trump, the only thing he cares, aside of his ego, is promoting his businesses.

And no, America's politics were never altruistic. They all tried to increase US dominance.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #273 on: April 25, 2017, 06:46:07 PM »
All politicians are self serving to some extent. Some more than others. If you think America would be better served under a Clinton administration that's your opinion. I don't think America would fare well under either Clinton or Trump. It was a ridiculous 2 horse race.

The good thing that can but maybe wont come out from Trump winning is it proved to people that anyone can be president. You don't need to spend decades in political life to get there. Given what Trump is like as a person, the next candidate probably wont need millions and billions of dollars in foreign governments money in funding the campaign. Perhaps 2 words could get them over the line..... 'Not Trump'

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #274 on: April 25, 2017, 06:54:00 PM »

The good thing that can but maybe wont come out from Trump winning is it proved to people that anyone can be president.

No, a demented tv addicted egomaniac is not fit to do the job.

You need to get money out of politics. As long as you have corporate money controlling your politics you cannot get a government acting in behalf of the American people.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #275 on: April 25, 2017, 07:03:03 PM »
I don't know if it proves anyone can be president. I think it suggests that Hillary had an extreme amount of baggage going in. I think money will continue to be a huge problem.

The money problem can't be underestimated. It permeates all levels of politics. If you want to run for any public office the most important factor by a long shot is your fundraising ability. Not your intellect, not your judgment. You want to know why politicians all seem kind of retarded with that same half lobotomized grin? That's the demeanor you need to work a room of rich people for donations.

The litmus test of a good Supreme Court nominee is their willingness to fix this problem. Obama, Clinton and Trump all failed spectacularly here.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #276 on: April 25, 2017, 07:06:55 PM »
I'd rather someone who has money that came from the country he is living in than someone whos only money has come from giving talk fests and capitulating to foreign countries that oppose the very values you hold dear (eg Saudi Arabia)

Your right. Money should be taken completely out of politics..... America has been an Oligarchy for some time now and I don't see it changing any time soon sadly.

Know your place

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #277 on: April 25, 2017, 07:46:12 PM »
Previous presidents had speech writers that were very careful not to 'offend' anyone and always conceited to foreign rival leaders putting American interests last (or certainly not first).

Nobody in the Trump administration US government gives a f**k for "America's interest, they are as corrupt as it can get.

Fixed.

And no, America's politics were never altruistic. They all tried to increase US dominance.

Agreed.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

« Reply #278 on: April 26, 2017, 01:20:27 AM »
Previous presidents had speech writers that were very careful not to 'offend' anyone and always conceited to foreign rival leaders putting American interests last (or certainly not first). How much money did previous American governments hand over to countries like North Korea?

Diplomacy 101: don't piss off your allies for petty reasons. Former presidents understood this. If you want I can also explain why the US occasionally gives humanitarian aid to North Korea.

Donald Trump speaks his mind and doesn't give a rats whether sections of the community are offended. Everything that previous presidents like Barack Obama or the First Ladies had speeches that were not their own words and heavily screened before it went to air.

Why is being careful with your words suddenly a bad thing?

Nobody in the Trump administration US government gives a f**k for "America's interest, they are as corrupt as it can get.

Fixed.

Slow down with the hot takes. This isn't remotely true. Probably not even for the Trump administration.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #279 on: April 26, 2017, 02:20:37 AM »
Shareblue shareblue, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when they come for you, shareblue shareblue.

;D ;D ;D
I'm anti-judaism.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #280 on: April 26, 2017, 08:32:47 AM »
When you try to insult people, maybe you should use references people get. WTF is a shareblue?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #281 on: April 26, 2017, 02:36:15 PM »
I was just singing to myself for lulz.

www.google.com
I'm anti-judaism.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #282 on: April 26, 2017, 03:59:08 PM »
As long as someone is laughing, I guess.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #283 on: April 26, 2017, 05:30:35 PM »
Always ;D.

Don't mind me ripping on Totes.
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #284 on: May 01, 2017, 01:35:59 PM »
Just going to leave this here. Trump interview with Salena Zito

"I mean, had Andrew Jackson been a little later you wouldn't have had the Civil War. He was a very tough person but he had a big heart. And he was really angry that he saw what was happening with regard to the Civil War, he said 'There's no reason for this.'

People don't realize, you know, the Civil War... if you think about it, why? People don't ask that question, but why was there the Civil War? Why could that one not have been worked out?"

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #285 on: May 01, 2017, 03:31:17 PM »
Andrew Jackson's ghost was totally angry about the Civil War. Just get your ouija board out and ask him!

Srsly tho, does Trump not know that Jackson owned slaves?

« Reply #286 on: May 01, 2017, 05:21:39 PM »
Andrew Jackson's ghost was totally angry about the Civil War. Just get your ouija board out and ask him!

Srsly tho, does Trump not know that Jackson owned slaves?

I doubt he is worried about those little trivialities. Facts and details aren't important. I suspect his logic doesn't extend beyond:

A) Jackson was a strong leader.
B) Strong leaders fix things.
C) Therefore, Jackson would have fixed things.

« Reply #287 on: May 01, 2017, 05:38:29 PM »
Time to add that last quote to the list of things Trump doesn't realize everyone else understands better than him.

1. "Nobody knew health care could be so complicated"
2. "He then went into the history of China and Korea... And Korea actually used to be a part of China. And after listening for 10 minutes, I realized that it’s not so easy." (on meeting with the Chinese President)
3. "You know what uranium is, right? It’s this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things. But nobody talks about that."
4. "People don't ask that question, but why was there the Civil War? Why could that one not have been worked out?"

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #288 on: May 01, 2017, 05:49:26 PM »
Smash the state!!

Anarchy 2020.

Here totes.
http://shareblue.com/

I don't think the democrats will fix everything personally.
I'm anti-judaism.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #289 on: May 01, 2017, 06:24:16 PM »
Time to add that last quote to the list of things Trump doesn't realize everyone else understands better than him.

1. "Nobody knew health care could be so complicated"
2. "He then went into the history of China and Korea... And Korea actually used to be a part of China. And after listening for 10 minutes, I realized that it’s not so easy." (on meeting with the Chinese President)
3. "You know what uranium is, right? It’s this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things. But nobody talks about that."
4. "People don't ask that question, but why was there the Civil War? Why could that one not have been worked out?"

This is some good surface level craziness from Trump.  But don't forget about the subtle but more important bizarre Trumpiness.

Trump proposes a budget, a batshit crazy one.  Trump backs a health care plan that benefits nobody but the top %1 percent.  Trump spends weeks threatening to bring the system to a screeching halt to get his stupid wall funded.  And then...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/after-their-spending-bill-win-democrats-confident-they-can-block-trumps-agenda/2017/05/01/5be2915e-2e97-11e7-9534-00e4656c22aa_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_trumpbudget-0822pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.5b90195ae74a

... says fuck it.  Don't get me wrong I'm glad they agreed to a budget which isn't completely retarded.  But this is such a weird situation.  Republicans have the Presidency, the Senate and the House and this is the budget they came up with?  It almost looks like something the Democrats would have put out if they were the ones in control.  It's like Trump is hindering the Republicans more than helping.  My favorite part is where the budget explicitly forbids any border security funding to be used for construction of a wall.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #290 on: May 01, 2017, 06:52:52 PM »
Makes you think that what is happening would be happening regardless of who's the president.

I think it's better to insult peoples policies than question their mental health however I know this isn't a popular opinion.
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #291 on: May 01, 2017, 07:34:26 PM »
Trump proposes a budget, a batshit crazy one.  Trump backs a health care plan that benefits nobody but the top %1 percent.  Trump spends weeks threatening to bring the system to a screeching halt to get his stupid wall funded.  And then...

... says fuck it. Don't get me wrong I'm glad they agreed to a budget which isn't completely retarded.  But this is such a weird situation.  Republicans have the Presidency, the Senate and the House and this is the budget they came up with?  It almost looks like something the Democrats would have put out if they were the ones in control.  It's like Trump is hindering the Republicans more than helping.  My favorite part is where the budget explicitly forbids any border security funding to be used for construction of a wall.

For 8 years they have based their campaign on obstruction and vague promises. It turns out running a negative campaign doesn't necessarily qualify you to implement positive legislation.

Smash the state!! Anarchy 2020...

I don't think the democrats will fix everything personally.

Of course they won't. But let's not throw out the baby with the bath water.

Makes you think that what is happening would be happening regardless of who's the president.

The important thing is what isn't happening. The government is a big, sluggish beast. It doesn't change quickly. This is generally a GOOD thing.

Quick, sweeping changes are risky. Relying on a flawed-but-proven system is less risky. We can probably survive a few more years of the the same system that has gotten us through the last 200+ years. What we might NOT survive is a moron that has the ability to make quick and sweeping changes. Ironically, this is the essence of conservatism.

Changes can, should, and do happen. But they usually happen slowly. One change that I am in favor of is electoral reform. Remove the electoral college. Change to a ranked voting system. Do something to kill political gerrymandering (districting done automatically with open source code or change how Congressional elections work). This would weaken the power of the two major parties, lead to less negative campaigns, and hopefully result in more agreeable candidates.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 07:36:54 PM by TotesReptilian »

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #292 on: May 01, 2017, 07:35:51 PM »
We haven't had a campaign that wasn't based purely on discrediting your opponent since I have been alive.
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #293 on: May 01, 2017, 07:37:25 PM »
We haven't had a campaign that wasn't based purely on discrediting your opponent since I have been alive.

Exactly. Hence the need for electoral reform.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #294 on: May 01, 2017, 07:46:14 PM »

Exactly. Hence the need for electoral reform.

No arguments from me there.
I'm anti-judaism.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #296 on: May 02, 2017, 10:25:35 AM »

Pay attention to the expression on Dickerson's face and the inflection of his voice.  It's like he's talking to a 5 year old.

Glorious.

« Reply #297 on: May 02, 2017, 10:36:15 AM »

Pay attention to the expression on Dickerson's face and the inflection of his voice.  It's like he's talking to a 5 year old.

Glorious.

every 5 year old is smarter than trump is.
i think he is mental ill and should be removed right away.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #298 on: May 02, 2017, 10:36:30 AM »
This was my favorite part -

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: I don't stand by anything.