Why do you support donald trump

• 22453 Replies

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Re: Why do you support donald trump
« Reply #180 on: April 03, 2017, 01:52:30 AM »
We support Trump because he is less son of whore than Hillary.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #181 on: April 03, 2017, 03:22:31 AM »
When you chat with Trump supporters it always comes to Hillary. She is apparently the main reason why people voted for Trump, and trump is the main reason why people voted for Hillary. How is it even possible in a democracy, that the election becomes a choice between the 2 most unpopular persons in the country?

« Reply #182 on: April 03, 2017, 04:40:33 AM »
When you chat with Trump supporters it always comes to Hillary. She is apparently the main reason why people voted for Trump, and trump is the main reason why people voted for Hillary. How is it even possible in a democracy, that the election becomes a choice between the 2 most unpopular persons in the country?

Because when each voter can only vote for a single candidate, the system inevitably shifts towards two major parties. And when there are only two choices, it is much easier to convince voters that your opponent is bad than to convince them that you are good.

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">The Problems with First Past the Post Voting Explained
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 05:01:28 AM by TotesReptilian »

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #183 on: April 03, 2017, 09:11:01 AM »

Does that mean that his mother was less of a whore than Hillary's mother, a lesser whore than Hillary's mother, or that he is less of a man than Hillary?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 09:13:38 AM by Definitely Not Official »
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #184 on: April 03, 2017, 09:40:58 AM »
If only the media had been more willing to point out these traits before the election.

They were more than willing the way I remember it.

For better or for worse the American people voted for Trump in spite of the media coverage of the aforementioned traits, mostly because they were fed up with the status quo.

IMHO

I'm sure you can find some counter examples, but in general, they seemed reluctant to specifically call him out on his lies. They would report what he said with raised eyebrows, dubious expressions, and much tut-tut'ing, but in the end, most outlets didn't take off the kiddy gloves until after the inauguration. That's just my general impression of the major outlets though.

The news outlets were and still are in a tough situation with Trump.  Ideally the reporters roll would look like something like the prosecuting attorney in a trial.  I don't know if you've ever had to do jury duty but there's a specific way a case is handled.  There's the opening arguments where each side tells a story about what they think happened and closing arguments at the end where they pretty much just recap everything.  Everything in the middle is each side bringing up evidence.  It's very cold, very logical.  The evidence is a series of dots.  The opening and closing arguments are attempts to connect the dots to create a story.  It's understandable that news outlets would be loathe to put "bullshit" in parenthesis next to every one of Donald Trump's statements, it's not their place to do that.  Ideally the general public is smart enough to figure that out.

Politicians usually provide "creative" interpretations on actual facts.  They rarely completely make shit up.  Calling somebody a liar is a pretty strong accusation.  And there's a limit on how many times someone can throw a strong accusation against someone else before they look like a crazy person.  Trump has an interesting defense against criticism here.  He's acting so dishonestly, so unethically while at the same time being so incompetent about it that we almost have to be careful about what sort of nonsense we call him on because if we called out all of his nonsense we'd look like conspiracy theorists. 
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #185 on: April 03, 2017, 09:49:04 AM »

Does that mean that his mother was less of a whore than Hillary's mother, a lesser whore than Hillary's mother, or that he is less of a man than Hillary?

i say that Hillary would have been a better President that Trump is.

He screws the american taxpayer way more over than every other president did.
alone that his wife lives still in New York cost the taxpayer over 100000$ a day
than his golf trips (14 so far) cost each 3 million $
even the businesses in Palm Beach are complaining about that he is there every weekend because of the restrictions that are caused by him. They loos a lot of money because of him.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #186 on: April 03, 2017, 09:53:50 AM »

i say that Hillary would have been a better President that Trump is.

He screws the american taxpayer way more over than every other president did.
alone that his wife lives still in New York cost the taxpayer over 100000$ a day
than his golf trips (14 so far) cost each 3 million $
even the businesses in Palm Beach are complaining about that he is there every weekend because of the restrictions that are caused by him. They loos a lot of money because of him.

That doesn't answer the question  ;D ;D ;D
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #187 on: April 03, 2017, 10:04:09 AM »
It seems to me that the US media are too much obsessed with what he says and tweets and with the Russia ties and report too little about the actual devastating politics of the Trump administration.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #188 on: April 03, 2017, 10:14:20 AM »

The US media is like the dog. The squirrels are things that will make us watch, or click a link. All major media outlets are concerned with profits over information. Which leaves us with lesser known media, which may or may not be trustworthy.

I have been enjoying how Politifact has treated the news. They fact check, they explain how and why a statement is true or false with citations. You can read what they used to come to their conclusions.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #189 on: April 03, 2017, 11:14:03 AM »

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #191 on: April 03, 2017, 07:52:38 PM »
Who are the good guys tho?
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #192 on: April 03, 2017, 08:14:02 PM »
Who are the good guys tho?

Kind of depends on what, if anything, is going on here. 

Best case scenario is that this sort of gray diplomacy is normal stuff.  But now we have intel leaks throwing it in our faces so it seems more serious than it really is.  Kind of like when citizens post videos of cops taking one last kick to an assailant after they've subdued him.

Here the "deep state" are the villains as they're perpetrating a misinformation campaign to damage Trump's presidency.

Worst case, if I'm I've got this information straight;

Russia invades Ukraine(who we have a defensive pact with, even gave up their nukes for it which perhaps wasn't wise).

We retaliate with crippling sanctions which, because of how Russia's economy is structured, affects their oil production more than anything.

Russia decides to fuck with us via professional trolls.  They're already on our shitlist and trolls are way cheaper than conventional war so it's really a no brainer for the Russians.

An opportunity presented itself in the 2016 election and they tried some backroom negotiations to get rid of those crippling sanctions.

Trump either refused or they came up with some kind of deal.  If he refused he would still like to keep this all under wraps, at  the very least it makes his presidency look illegitmate.  If they worked out a deal, well it would explain why he has such a bizarre cabinet.

Here Russia and Trump are the bad guys.  If Trump lifts the sanctions then Russia gets away with invading one of our allies.  And invasions to a dictator are like Pringles.  Once you pop...

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #193 on: April 03, 2017, 08:25:22 PM »
That's on the global stage, for sure.

I just don't trust the 6pm news anymore, I haven't for a long time, I understand I would be much happier if I did.
I'm anti-judaism.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #194 on: April 03, 2017, 09:42:49 PM »
They lost me with the war on "terror."

www.amazon.com/When-News-Lies-Danny-Schechter/dp/1590790731

We've been fed fake news for sixteen years, in sixteen years Trump is the first president to take on the media machine and its willing servants.

I don't like how he signed the ISP bill. I admit it, weak move, I hoped he would show more backbone. We can still use proxies.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 09:45:50 PM by disputeone »
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #195 on: April 04, 2017, 12:03:16 AM »
We've been fed fake news for sixteen years, in sixteen years Trump is the first president to take on the media machine and its willing servants.

It's good that you don't blindly trust the media.

I have a question for you though: do you think Trump is honest and trustworthy? Does he ever publicly lie?

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #196 on: April 04, 2017, 12:29:43 AM »

I have a question for you though: do you think Trump is honest and trustworthy? Does he ever publicly lie?

I think he's the most honest politician we've had for a long time.

Of couse he has publicly lied.

In turn, I also have a question, can you cite a president who hasn't lied?
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #197 on: April 04, 2017, 01:16:58 AM »

I think he's the most honest politician we've had for a long time.

Of couse he has publicly lied.

Excellent. Two follow up questions.

1. Why do you think he is the most honest we've had in a long time?
2. Can you name a few of those lies?

In turn, I also have a question, can you cite a president who hasn't lied?

No.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #198 on: April 04, 2017, 05:10:36 AM »
1. Cause my opinion.

2. Sale of browsing data to private companies.
I'm anti-judaism.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #199 on: April 04, 2017, 09:16:30 AM »

I don't like how he signed the ISP bill. I admit it, weak move, I hoped he would show more backbone. We can still use proxies.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/03/technology/trump-repeal-online-privacy-protections.html

Yep there it is.  Didn't know that he actually signed it.  Weird, I can't find a statement by Trump.  He could at least mumble something about privacy rights being job killing regulations or something.  I wonder if he even understood what he was signing.

They lost a lot of us with the war on terror.  This might surprise you but even though I disagree with 911 being a false flag I 100% agree that our reaction to it was nothing short of criminal.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #200 on: April 04, 2017, 09:33:33 AM »
  I wonder if he even understood what he was signing.

I do not think that he can read complex texts. I am not a doctor, but he shows early signs of dementia.

« Reply #201 on: April 04, 2017, 10:25:56 AM »
  I wonder if he even understood what he was signing.

I do not think that he can read complex texts. I am not a doctor, but he shows early signs of dementia.

also if you look at the resend incident where he walks out of the signing ceremony. he looked really strange as he walked away.

« Reply #202 on: April 04, 2017, 12:04:23 PM »
1. Cause my opinion.

That doesn't give me much to work with...

Well, let me tell you my opinion. During the election season, and especially since his inauguration, I have been careful to double-check much of what Trump says. I also double-check what the media says about Trump. Here is what I have noticed: Trump is one of the worst, if not the worst liar I have ever seen, among public figures.

If you want, I can provide many examples. If you are already dead set on your "opinion", and aren't open to counter evidence, then I won't bother. Let me know.

2. Sale of browsing data to private companies.

That's not a lie. It was an unpopular move, but as far as I know, he never promised not to sign the bill.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #203 on: April 04, 2017, 03:39:53 PM »

“It’s not that Donald Trump is all that perfect of a guy,” Colbert said. “We all know he’s not. And we know that he’s not necessarily perfect in every way that we would like. That’s not how God works. He works through the ones he chooses. We don’t choose them.”

“All we have to do is recognize them and when you recognize a chosen one and you have the discernment to know that they’ve been chosen and know that that’s the will of God, then your life will be blessed. And if you come against the chosen one of God, you are bringing upon you and your children and your children’s children curses like you have never seen. It puts a holy fear in me.

How do they know Trump is the "chosen one"? What is it about him that makes them think he was chosen by God? I just don't get it, and I would like anyone, even if you don't think he is the chosen one, to give your thoughts on why they think this.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #204 on: April 04, 2017, 05:32:43 PM »
If you can't respect my opinion then that's fine Totes, I'm used to it by now.

I respect your opinion, I am glad that we had a different leader of the US, some people like chocolate ice cream, some people like strawberry, we don't need to debate (or expect to win a debate) on which icecream flavour is the best.
I'm anti-judaism.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #205 on: April 04, 2017, 05:39:25 PM »
Oh @ SCG mainly numerological connections.

"On The Day of the Presidential Inauguration. Donald Trump will be 70 years, 7 months and 7 days old! 777. Perfect numbers :-) He also won the elecotral [electoral] vote 304-227 (Trump to Hillary) with a difference of 77 votes.

Number 7 resonates with the the ‘Collective Consciousness’, spiritual awakening and awareness, spiritual enlightenment, spiritual acceptance and development, mysticism, intuition and inner-knowing, inner-wisdom"

Personally I don't think there's much to it.

Although this was pretty creepy.
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #206 on: April 04, 2017, 06:44:21 PM »
If you can't respect my opinion then that's fine Totes, I'm used to it by now.

I respect your opinion, I am glad that we had a different leader of the US, some people like chocolate ice cream, some people like strawberry, we don't need to debate (or expect to win a debate) on which icecream flavour is the best.

Don't give me that bullshit. This isn't an arbitrary choice between two ice cream flavors. Trump is one of the most powerful people on the planet right now, and he has the potential to do a great deal of very real harm to my country and the world in general. The fact that he is basing his actions, policy, and accusations on lies is a very real problem.

The collective "opinion" among Trump supporters that he is honest is what gave him that power, and is what keeps him in power. You have ignored my own offers to provide evidence against Trump, and failed to provide evidence to support your own accusations against Hillary. So no, I can't respect an "opinion" that is harmful, and is based on willful ignorance of evidence to the contrary.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #207 on: April 04, 2017, 06:53:30 PM »
I know.

Strawberry ice cream burns chocolate imo.
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #208 on: April 04, 2017, 07:20:47 PM »
I know.

Strawberry ice cream burns chocolate imo.

Let me put it this way: this "strawberry ice cream" tastes and smells suspiciously like dog poop. I like eating strawberry ice cream. I don't like eating dog poop. Your "opinion" that it is actually strawberry ice cream isn't very reassuring or convincing.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #209 on: April 04, 2017, 07:24:49 PM »
Some people don't like strawberry icecream, paid.

Next time you want my opinion just assume it is exactly the same as yours and we will get on famously.

I may not agree with what you say but I would defend to the death your right to say it.
I'm anti-judaism.