39 (51.3%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Why do you support donald trump

• 17473 Replies

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
Re: Why do you support donald trump
« Reply #810 on: June 01, 2017, 11:08:13 AM »
Yes, and because of a typo making big news, it discredits the real news at the same time because it makes the news, real or fake, look like trashy tabloids.

If you are going to laugh, fine - leave it to trashy social media. But any respectable news corporation worth their salt would not bother giving it any air time.

Don't get your covfefe in a wad. Just enjoy witnessing history! A thousand years from now humanity will be celebrating May 31 as covfefe day.

if Trump keeps on going the humanity will not exist anymore in thousand years, not even in 100 years.

Calm down, I don't like Trump but I don't act like he's the apocalypse.

one of the biggest manufacturer will step back from the way to reduce climate change. that will have a huge impact on the world.

also if the conflict of USA with north korea escalates it could end up in a WW3 with nuclear weapons

None of that is going to happen. And climate change worsening a bit isn't the end of the world.

Rule of Thumb:

6 degrees (may be unlikely, but not impossible): end of mankind (cause world would turn into a desert)
4 degrees (that's what we're heading at): end of modern civilization (cause breakdown of food production)
2 degrees (the goal of the Paris agreement): be prepared for many many climate fugitives from the Middle East and North East Africa

Yes, that is what would happen if the temperature was to rise like that tomorrow, but humans are pretty resourceful and civilization would probably adapt (albeit with a great cost) to a gradual rise. So no, it's no apocalypse, it's just that the cost has to be avoided. Plus it's an accelerated process so in the long term things could get really serious.

No, what I describes would happen if temperature rises like that in the next decades and as you can see our civilization reacts painfully slow.. But you are right, the process accelerates, that is, the warmer it gets the less time it needs to get even warmer. When things get "really serious" as you formulate it, it is too late to react, we must react now. It is not only about "costs", it is about famines and wars for resources in all areas effected - and you can see what global effects even a civil war in a relatively small area has.

Also even if '"we" can adapt to a world 4 degrees warmer (surely the less effected countries will warmly accept refugees from all over the world, right?) - most biosystems cannot. I do not want to see the majority of species dying out.

Me neither. And no, countries won't accept refugees warmly, and there will be a huge cost. Still not the end of mankind.

6 degrees would get us. It would be a Permian Mass Extinction scenario.

I'm not a climatologist, I do not know how likely such a scenario is, but no climatologist would assure you that it can't possibly happen. We just don't know how far a run away green house effect can get. Nobody knows.

It has, though, never been warmer on the planet than 24 degrees on average. So climatologists are quite confident that 8 degrees GW is most likely the maximum limit. That's good news for bacteria, earth will not turn into Venus.

Even in the 6 degree scenario I reckon it would probably be the end of modern civilization, not mankind. I can definitely see people finding ways to cultivate further north. It could happen, but not anywhere in the near future.
It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Who wants to be a firefly and who wants to be a blue whale?
-Sceptimatic

Please do not jizz to win an argument.
-Crutonius

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from.
-Inty (again)

« Reply #811 on: June 01, 2017, 11:10:30 AM »
You fucking retards are again unable to delete old quotes and are making LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG fucking posts with nearly 0 information. STAHP.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #812 on: June 01, 2017, 11:16:16 AM »
Yes, and because of a typo making big news, it discredits the real news at the same time because it makes the news, real or fake, look like trashy tabloids.

If you are going to laugh, fine - leave it to trashy social media. But any respectable news corporation worth their salt would not bother giving it any air time.

Don't get your covfefe in a wad. Just enjoy witnessing history! A thousand years from now humanity will be celebrating May 31 as covfefe day.

if Trump keeps on going the humanity will not exist anymore in thousand years, not even in 100 years.

Calm down, I don't like Trump but I don't act like he's the apocalypse.

one of the biggest manufacturer will step back from the way to reduce climate change. that will have a huge impact on the world.

also if the conflict of USA with north korea escalates it could end up in a WW3 with nuclear weapons

None of that is going to happen. And climate change worsening a bit isn't the end of the world.

Rule of Thumb:

6 degrees (may be unlikely, but not impossible): end of mankind (cause world would turn into a desert)
4 degrees (that's what we're heading at): end of modern civilization (cause breakdown of food production)
2 degrees (the goal of the Paris agreement): be prepared for many many climate fugitives from the Middle East and North East Africa

Yes, that is what would happen if the temperature was to rise like that tomorrow, but humans are pretty resourceful and civilization would probably adapt (albeit with a great cost) to a gradual rise. So no, it's no apocalypse, it's just that the cost has to be avoided. Plus it's an accelerated process so in the long term things could get really serious.

No, what I describes would happen if temperature rises like that in the next decades and as you can see our civilization reacts painfully slow.. But you are right, the process accelerates, that is, the warmer it gets the less time it needs to get even warmer. When things get "really serious" as you formulate it, it is too late to react, we must react now. It is not only about "costs", it is about famines and wars for resources in all areas effected - and you can see what global effects even a civil war in a relatively small area has.

Also even if '"we" can adapt to a world 4 degrees warmer (surely the less effected countries will warmly accept refugees from all over the world, right?) - most biosystems cannot. I do not want to see the majority of species dying out.

Me neither. And no, countries won't accept refugees warmly, and there will be a huge cost. Still not the end of mankind.

6 degrees would get us. It would be a Permian Mass Extinction scenario.

I'm not a climatologist, I do not know how likely such a scenario is, but no climatologist would assure you that it can't possibly happen. We just don't know how far a run away green house effect can get. Nobody knows.

It has, though, never been warmer on the planet than 24 degrees on average. So climatologists are quite confident that 8 degrees GW is most likely the maximum limit. That's good news for bacteria, earth will not turn into Venus.

Even in the 6 degree scenario I reckon it would probably be the end of modern civilization, not mankind. I can definitely see people finding ways to cultivate further north. It could happen, but not anywhere in the near future.

How you know that it could not happen in the near future, when even scientists who dedicated their life to climate research cannot exclude that it may happen in the near future (which means he next hundred years)?

Yes, a few 1000 people may survive on a desert planet ( that will stay a desert planet for millions of years) for a while.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #813 on: June 01, 2017, 11:17:29 AM »

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #815 on: June 01, 2017, 11:41:21 AM »
STAHP

NEVAR!

PCs can be annoying. Do you use Microsoft?

Also: useless images with zero information to make the post longer and more annoying to you.

This is a guy walking:

This is a guy walking fast:

This is a guy running:

This one run too fast:

That's what happens when you run too fast:

Don't make the same mistake.

As the Chinese say: When you are in a hurry, sit down for a moment.

Think about it!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 11:43:47 AM by FalseProphet »

« Reply #816 on: June 01, 2017, 12:14:15 PM »
But what if I found it that entertaining that I'd actually quote it all?

Also: useless images with zero information to make the post longer and more annoying to you.

This is a guy walking:

This is a guy running:

This one run too fast:

Think about it!

No, I don't use microsoft, I use...
your mom!

« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 12:17:05 PM by User324 »

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #817 on: June 01, 2017, 12:21:39 PM »
But what if I found it that entertaining that I'd actually quote it all?

Then you are easy to entertain.

« Reply #818 on: June 01, 2017, 12:24:06 PM »

How you know that it could not happen in the near future, when even scientists who dedicated their life to climate research cannot exclude that it may happen in the near future (which means he next hundred years)?

Yes, a few 1000 people may survive on a desert planet ( that will stay a desert planet for millions of years) for a while.

It was ~8 degrees hotter around 55 million years ago. They found tropical plants in the Northern US from that time. Gators in the arctic. The middle latitudes would probably be a death zone, but humanity would probably survive just fine in Canda/Russia/Antarctica.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #819 on: June 01, 2017, 12:38:39 PM »
STAHP

NEVAR!

This is a guy walking:

This is a guy running:

This one run too fast:

Think about it!

Hey FalseProphet!

me.
It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Who wants to be a firefly and who wants to be a blue whale?
-Sceptimatic

Please do not jizz to win an argument.
-Crutonius

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from.
-Inty (again)

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #820 on: June 01, 2017, 12:39:11 PM »
Aaaaaand we're fucked once again.  via the livestream

Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #821 on: June 01, 2017, 12:39:47 PM »

It was ~8 degrees hotter around 55 million years ago. They found tropical plants in the Northern US from that time. Gators in the arctic. The middle latitudes would probably be a death zone, but humanity would probably survive just fine in Canda/Russia/Antarctica.

It is irrelevant how hot it was 55 million years ago. It only matters how fast that happens. Even if we are lucky enough that the breakdown of civil society is not accompanied by a nuclear war - humanity would do nowhere "just fine", cause temperature would not be the only problem.

But we do not have to imagine such apocalyptic scenarios, 4 degrees are bad enough and a very realistic threat.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #822 on: June 01, 2017, 12:54:14 PM »
Aaaaaand we're fucked once again.  via the livestream

It's the Republican Party against the rest of the world. They cannot win this fight. The US will pay a high prize, but this presidency will cause a shift to the left in America you wouldn't have thought possible 1 year ago.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #823 on: June 01, 2017, 01:03:59 PM »
The world and the general population of the US.  They've yet to do something that doesn't serve only to make billionaires richer.  There was once a time when the Republicans weren't the stupid party.  But this... all I'm seeing is a bunch of crooks out to loot the country.

We might shift left, it depends on how well the Democrats train to counter body slams.  We'll see in 2018.

This is just disturbing though.  We're ceding international leadership on everything but coal production. 

Trump and his henchmen are giving a bunch of reasons for this right now.  Given there history though it's almost certainly a bunch of lies or out of context facts.  I'll have to wait until it's fact checked to see.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #824 on: June 01, 2017, 01:14:28 PM »
The world and the general population of the US.  They've yet to do something that doesn't serve only to make billionaires richer.  There was once a time when the Republicans weren't the stupid party.  But this... all I'm seeing is a bunch of crooks out to loot the country.

We might shift left, it depends on how well the Democrats train to counter body slams.  We'll see in 2018.

This is just disturbing though.  We're ceding international leadership on everything but coal production. 

Trump and his henchmen are giving a bunch of reasons for this right now.  Given there history though it's almost certainly a bunch of lies or out of context facts.  I'll have to wait until it's fact checked to see.

There is a strong movement at the base of the Democrats to get money out of politics, isn't it? Actually all progressive policy issues are supported by the majority of the American population, so all you need is getting back to a real democracy again.

But American world leadership is coming to an end. Since i am not an American, I do not think that is a bad thing. America has misused its hegemony in a devastating way, it has become a symbol for exploitation and war mongering. I would be happy to live in a pluricentric world with America being only one of several major powers.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #825 on: June 01, 2017, 01:36:10 PM »
There is a strong movement at the base of the Democrats to get money out of politics, isn't it? Actually all progressive policy issues are supported by the majority of the American population, so all you need is getting back to a real democracy again.

No.  The general population would dearly love to get the money out of politics.  The two major parties have no problem with it despite what they might say publicly. 

But American world leadership is coming to an end. Since i am not an American, I do not think that is a bad thing. America has misused its hegemony in a devastating way, it has become a symbol for exploitation and war mongering. I would be happy to live in a pluricentric world with America being only one of several major powers.

That's an interesting idea.  I'm not sure what I think about that.  I like that other countries like China, India and Korea are finally starting to make a lot of contributions to science and technology. 

Militarily, the US is going to be #1 for quite some time.  I think that might be a good thing for world peace between civilized countries.  We're not going to have a world war while the US is armed to the teeth and ready to stomp any country into oblivion if it pulls a Hitler.  Of course if we pull a Hitler then you're all fucked.

The uncivilized countries are a different story.  In our minds we've never stopped fighting ww2 and it shows in our military.  They are not well suited for prolonged asymmetrical warfare.

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • "Umm, WTF ???"
« Reply #826 on: June 01, 2017, 01:39:03 PM »

There is a strong movement at the base of the Democrats to get money out of politics, isn't it?

No. Democrats outspend Republicans on campaigns.
And, on average, Democrats in government are more wealthy than Republican.

It's the con they play.

RE can never win this argument.
FE can't be disproved.

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • "Umm, WTF ???"
« Reply #827 on: June 01, 2017, 01:43:16 PM »
In our minds we've never stopped fighting ww2 and it shows in our military.  They are not well suited for prolonged asymmetrical warfare.

Astute observation. The world has changed. We need to rethink our stance.
FE can't be disproved.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #828 on: June 01, 2017, 01:48:55 PM »

No.  The general population would dearly love to get the money out of politics.  The two major parties have no problem with it despite what they might say publicly. 

Did I say something else?

Militarily, the US is going to be #1 for quite some time.  I think that might be a good thing for world peace between civilized countries.  We're not going to have a world war while the US is armed to the teeth and ready to stomp any country into oblivion if it pulls a Hitler.  Of course if we pull a Hitler then you're all fucked.

You are not aware that it is mostly America that invades other countries? In the rest of the world America is generally seen as the greatest threat for world peace.

The uncivilized countries are a different story.

There are no uncivilized countries. "Uncivilized countries" is the US jargon for countries the US wants to invade.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #829 on: June 01, 2017, 01:50:33 PM »

There is a strong movement at the base of the Democrats to get money out of politics, isn't it?

It's the con they play.

I do not mean the politicians, that's why I say base.

« Reply #830 on: June 01, 2017, 02:00:48 PM »
In europe, people generally hate the us for playing 'world police'...

...until the IS or Kim Kong Un are in the news, then people expect the usa to do something.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #831 on: June 01, 2017, 02:04:06 PM »

It's the con they play.

I would say the people in general not just the Democratic base.  I think you'd be hard pressed to find very many registered Republicans that think money in politics is a good thing.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #832 on: June 01, 2017, 02:04:31 PM »

...until the IS or Kim Kong Un are in the news, then people expect the usa to do something.

Except that without the US there would be no IS. And why are Americans so scared by North Korea?

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • "Umm, WTF ???"
« Reply #833 on: June 01, 2017, 02:05:11 PM »

It's the con they play.

I don't think I disagree with you.
Just saying it's more nuanced than I'm getting from you.
FE can't be disproved.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #834 on: June 01, 2017, 02:07:22 PM »

It's the con they play.

I would say the people in general not just the Democratic base.  I think you'd be hard pressed to find very many registered Republicans that think money in politics is a good thing.

Ok.

But I do not know of an active political movement in the Republican base to get money out of politics.

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • "Umm, WTF ???"
« Reply #835 on: June 01, 2017, 02:11:17 PM »
It costs money to get your message out.

It's a LOT of money, but, limiting money means limiting speech.
FE can't be disproved.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #836 on: June 01, 2017, 02:17:01 PM »
You are not aware that it is mostly America that invades other countries? In the rest of the world America is generally seen as the greatest threat for world peace.

To bring the police analogy into it, that's like saying that the cops are the biggest perpetrators of police brutality.  I'm not saying we're not the villains a lot of the time.  But, like user324 said, if North Korea starts something then you're going to be glad we're here.

There are no uncivilized countries. "Uncivilized countries" is the US jargon for countries the US wants to invade.

Civilized and uncivilized are probably the wrong words here.  I don't know what the precise terms are.  To a country like France or Saudi Arabia, the thread of force is meaningful.  They have a lot to lose.  To a country like Afghanistan or Somalia, bombing them means nothing.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #837 on: June 01, 2017, 02:18:53 PM »

Except that without the US there would be no IS. And why are Americans so scared by North Korea?

Because if it comes down to violence there's no way to solve it without killing millions and North and South Koreans.

« Reply #838 on: June 01, 2017, 02:22:02 PM »

It is irrelevant how hot it was 55 million years ago. It only matters how fast that happens. Even if we are lucky enough that the breakdown of civil society is not accompanied by a nuclear war - humanity would do nowhere "just fine", cause temperature would not be the only problem.

But we do not have to imagine such apocalyptic scenarios, 4 degrees are bad enough and a very realistic threat.

I should clarify that by "just fine" I meant that the climate should be livable by some portion of humanity, assuming they survive the civil unrest. My point is that it probably won't be one giant desert. But yeah, I agree that 4 degrees will probably be bad enough.

... And Trump just announced that the US is pulling out of the Paris climate agreement. I am at a loss for words at how awful of a person this guy is.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #839 on: June 01, 2017, 02:33:26 PM »

I should clarify that by "just fine" I meant that the climate should be livable by some portion of humanity, assuming they survive the civil unrest. My point is that it probably won't be one giant desert. But yeah, I agree that 4 degrees will probably be bad enough.

... And Trump just announced that the US is pulling out of the Paris climate agreement. I am at a loss for words at how awful of a person this guy is.

You only need one word, covfefe.