Total Members Voted: 77

Why do you support donald trump

• 20344 Replies

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
Re: Why do you support donald trump
« Reply #20010 on: January 21, 2021, 01:41:16 PM »
But I'd be happy to never talk about the orange clown ever again.

But I'll be bitching about him for a while.
*sigh* Some people just aren't happy unless they have something to be miserable about.
[/quote]

Yep, JJA should at least TRY to stop being miserable.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #20011 on: January 21, 2021, 01:47:24 PM »

But I'll be bitching about him for a while.
*sigh* Some people just aren't happy unless they have something to be miserable about.
[/quote]

How many times do I have to repeat myself. :)

I'd love to never have to hear about Trump again, but the disaster he left behind will be causing pain for years to come, so there isn't going to be any easy escape.

I'd LIKE to not have to ever hear about or mention him again, but that's just not possible, no matter how hard any of us might wish.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #20012 on: January 21, 2021, 01:58:36 PM »
No one is forcing you to post about him right now, but you continue to do it, and on at least 2 forums that I'm aware of ??? You don't have to put yourself through this torture. You can post about bunnies and cotton candy and stuff now. You are free!

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #20013 on: January 21, 2021, 02:00:55 PM »
Posting about how shit and what a loser he is is cathartic though
A Future Is Not Given To You. It Is Something You Must Take For Yourself

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #20014 on: January 21, 2021, 02:24:20 PM »
No one is forcing you to post about him right now, but you continue to do it, and on at least 2 forums that I'm aware of ??? You don't have to put yourself through this torture. You can post about bunnies and cotton candy and stuff now. You are free!

What Shifter said.  It's good to bitch/gloat for a while.

But you had me at cotton candy bunnies... tell me more. 

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #20015 on: January 21, 2021, 02:40:21 PM »

How many times do I have to repeat myself. :)

I'd love to never have to hear about Trump again...
I don't know.  How many times will it take to learn the difference between talking about someone and hearing about someone?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #20016 on: January 23, 2021, 03:38:59 AM »
Can any of you globalists in here explain the vanishing girls in Biden's inauguration?

I can understand that we might not be able to see the girl in the pink because of the camera angle but the girl in the white SHOULD be visible!

The storm IS coming!!!

Lorddave

« Reply #20017 on: January 23, 2021, 03:41:36 AM »
Can any of you globalists in here explain the vanishing girls in Biden's inauguration?

I can understand that we might not be able to see the girl in the pink because of the camera angle but the girl in the white SHOULD be visible!

The storm IS coming!!!

The what now?
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #20018 on: January 23, 2021, 06:07:00 AM »

The storm IS coming!!!

The what now?

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #20019 on: January 23, 2021, 06:20:34 AM »
Here's a funny (although long) video of someone going by the name of sh0eonhead who attended the rally to ask people about what they thought about burning the American flag and a few other things

An action that is protected by the First F%#KING Amendment. Some to their credit supported peoples right to it. Others thought they should be put to a firing squad or spend years in prison lol

Wait around to the end, it's funny  8)

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #20020 on: January 23, 2021, 07:10:19 AM »
Here's a funny (although long) video of someone going by the name of sh0eonhead who attended the rally to ask people about what they thought about burning the American flag and a few other things

An action that is protected by the First F%#KING Amendment. Some to their credit supported peoples right to it. Others thought they should be put to a firing squad or spend years in prison lol

I mentioned in another thread the concept of self-regulation and this is another example.

Is it illegal to burn the American flag in protest? No.

Go into a bar in the south and set one on fire and what's going to happen? You will get the crap kicked out of you, and nobody would be surprised at that outcome.

Now... here's an interesting fact.  Five southern states have laws prohibiting the burning of the flag.  The confederate flag.  Makes you think, hmm?  Not so much respect for America or the 1st amendment there.

Now this is something I'd be willing to do and get arrested for, burning the confederate flag in Mississippi. Of course, what I wouldn't be willing to do is risk death or serious injury, which is very likely to occur during the act, or the arrest or in prison/jail before trial or release.  They don't exactly have a good track record when it comes to that sort of thing. I wouldn't give myself good chances of making it out of that in good health.

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #20021 on: January 23, 2021, 07:18:57 AM »

I mentioned in another thread the concept of self-regulation and this is another example.

Go into a bar in the south and set one on fire and what's going to happen? You will get the crap kicked out of you, and nobody would be surprised at that outcome.

Now... here's an interesting fact.  Five southern states have laws prohibiting the burning of the flag.  The confederate flag.  Makes you think, hmm?  Not so much respect for America or the 1st amendment there.

Now this is something I'd be willing to do and get arrested for, burning the confederate flag in Mississippi. Of course, what I wouldn't be willing to do is risk death or serious injury, which is very likely to occur during the act, or the arrest or in prison/jail before trial or release.  They don't exactly have a good track record when it comes to that sort of thing. I wouldn't give myself good chances of making it out of that in good health.

It's funny seeing people talk about freedom but then want you hauled before a firing squad if you use that freedom to express yourself. Like I'd expect shit like that coming out of North Korea lol.

The only way you should get arrested for burning a flag (and it's yours) if it's fire season and there is a total fire ban lol

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #20022 on: January 23, 2021, 08:24:51 AM »

It's funny seeing people talk about freedom but then want you hauled before a firing squad if you use that freedom to express yourself. Like I'd expect shit like that coming out of North Korea lol.

The only way you should get arrested for burning a flag (and it's yours) if it's fire season and there is a total fire ban lol

In America it's always FREEDOM SEASON.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #20023 on: January 23, 2021, 09:13:10 AM »
What even.

https://www.salon.com/2021/01/22/texas-lawyer-fired-after-capitol-riot-files-ambitious-suit-dissolve-congress-dont-arrest-him/

"For remedy, Davis asks the court to throw out the results of every federal election last year, shut down the legislative branch and (re)install Trump as the country's sole legitimate elected official. He adds that the court "should rest assured that the relief requested in this lawsuit will not result in the destruction of democracy." Which is reassuring.

Davis takes the additional bold step of asking the court to ban every sitting member of the House and Senate, all 50 governors and secretaries of state, the governor of Puerto Rico and Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg from ever holding elected office, voting, or publicly engaging in any political activity for all time."

Jamie

• Number Archivist.
« Reply #20024 on: January 23, 2021, 10:01:08 AM »
What a dipfuck.
There is a preverb in Turkish:  "Do not think everybody have beard is your grandfather".

« Reply #20025 on: January 23, 2021, 04:56:32 PM »

The storm IS coming!!!

The what now?
BITCHUTE is your friend.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 04:58:36 PM by Life Is Easy »

Stash

« Reply #20026 on: January 23, 2021, 06:03:00 PM »

The storm IS coming!!!

The what now?
BITCHUTE is your friend.

This is just the silliest thing ever. I found this garbage:

The girls don't "vanish", it's just the camera angles as they get obscured by Biden and others as it cuts back and forth. Just look at the CNN angles, no one "vanishes".

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/01/20/joe-biden-swearing-in-president-inauguration-vpx.cnn

Sorry, there ain't no storm. My goodness, people will fall for just about anything no matter how absurd.

« Reply #20027 on: January 23, 2021, 06:06:28 PM »

The storm IS coming!!!

The what now?
BITCHUTE is your friend.

The girls don't "vanish", it's just the camera angles as they get obscured by Biden and others as it cuts back and forth. Just look at the CNN angles, no one "vanishes".

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/01/20/joe-biden-swearing-in-president-inauguration-vpx.cnn

Sorry, there ain't no storm. My goodness, people will fall for just about anything no matter how absurd.
Don't watch the 2:39 clip from ABC NEWS because then it would be boring. Sometimes truth is boring.

Stash

« Reply #20028 on: January 23, 2021, 06:21:43 PM »

The storm IS coming!!!

The what now?
BITCHUTE is your friend.

Don't watch the 2:39 clip from ABC NEWS because then it would be boring. Sometimes truth is boring.

I'm still not following. This have something to do with some Qanon folks in desperation are saying that Biden's swearing-in was some sort of pre-taped green screened thing? Something incredibly silly like that?

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #20029 on: January 23, 2021, 07:06:06 PM »
I'm still not following. This have something to do with some Qanon folks in desperation are saying that Biden's swearing-in was some sort of pre-taped green screened thing? Something incredibly silly like that?

Nothing will stop these nuts. Tom is now convinced the courts are going to remove Biden and replace him with Trump any day now due to mountains of evidence that totally exist in ongoing lawsuits that are completely real.

How many times does he have to be wrong before it sinks in?  ::)

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #20030 on: January 23, 2021, 07:49:57 PM »
Romney is still winning by a landslide.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Lorddave

« Reply #20031 on: January 24, 2021, 01:38:57 AM »

Nothing will stop these nuts. Tom is now convinced the courts are going to remove Biden and replace him with Trump any day now due to mountains of evidence that totally exist in ongoing lawsuits that are completely real.

The irony is that most of the lawsuits still being looked at are basically "The state made it easier to vote due to the pandemic so lets get rid of those votes!  Voting should be hard!"
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Jamie

• Number Archivist.
« Reply #20032 on: January 24, 2021, 07:02:59 AM »
Yeah, when your voter base is mostly upper-middle class white folks, you don't really give a fuck whether working class African-American folks can make it to the polls or not.
There is a preverb in Turkish:  "Do not think everybody have beard is your grandfather".

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #20033 on: January 24, 2021, 07:11:58 AM »
Look, to be fair to the repugnicans, the election was rigged like they say. Voter suppression is a form of rigging and we know how hard the GOP tried to screw up with the postal service or restricting the amount of places you can vote etc

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #20034 on: January 24, 2021, 07:16:04 AM »
Yeah, when your voter base is mostly upper-middle class white folks, you don't really give a fuck whether working class African-American folks can make it to the polls or not.

Republicans do care a lot if class African-American folks can make it to the polls. Republicans constantly make sure they can't, it's their main goal, suppress voting.

Jamie

• Number Archivist.
« Reply #20035 on: January 24, 2021, 07:58:27 AM »
Y'know, I think I still stand by my vote back in November.

It's becoming apparent, very clear -- and very fast -- that we're heading a certain direction now. With the Democrats having unified control over the government for minimum two years and a good shot at retaining that control in the midterms, things are gonna go the way they will and there's no stopping that.

And while I oftentimes agree with Democrats' ends, I disagree with their means. So that's frustrating. My vote for Trump was essentially a repudiation of Democrats' means. For example, I'm for individual liberty, personal responsibility, and small government. Democrats are more-so for collective good, mandated responsibility, and big government. We have some of the same ends in mind, like empowering working class folks, having people take the right actions, and a functional government that works for the capital-P People. We just don't really agree on the in-between junk.

But I'm okay with it. I do like just how productive and hyper-focused the Biden administration has been so far. I don't like a few things he's done, like halting the pipeline, but I like a few of the other things he's done, like lifting the transgender ban on the military and restoring some LGBTQ+ protections. (Note: believe it or not, regardless of whether you like certain peoples or agree with how they live their lives, everyone deserves basic, fundamental protections and to be treated with decency.)

At the end of the day, is what it is. I stand by my vote. I'm not too hung up on how things have gone/are going and I think it'll be fine in the long haul. I don't think of myself as a hardcore ideologue, so if the other side can make a fair case with evidence for why they're doing things the way they are, I'm happy to hear 'em out and go along with it, if it sounds convincing enough.

I'll say, though, that some things are gone for good. There are certain individual liberties which I fear may now be irreversibly encroached upon per a political agenda with the pandemic being used as justification.  There are some economic shifts coming up which I worry about. The world's always gonna be in turmoil, naturally, but nonetheless.

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #20036 on: January 24, 2021, 08:28:26 AM »

It's becoming apparent, very clear -- and very fast -- that we're heading a certain direction now. With the Democrats having unified control over the government for minimum two years and a good shot at retaining that control in the midterms, things are gonna go the way they will and there's no stopping that.

And while I oftentimes agree with Democrats' ends, I disagree with their means. So that's frustrating. My vote for Trump was essentially a repudiation of Democrats' means. For example, I'm for individual liberty, personal responsibility, and small government. Democrats are more-so for collective good, mandated responsibility, and big government. We have some of the same ends in mind, like empowering working class folks, having people take the right actions, and a functional government that works for the capital-P People. We just don't really agree on the in-between junk.

But I'm okay with it. I do like just how productive and hyper-focused the Biden administration has been so far. I don't like a few things he's done, like halting the pipeline, but I like a few of the other things he's done, like lifting the transgender ban on the military and restoring some LGBTQ+ protections. (Note: believe it or not, regardless of whether you like certain peoples or agree with how they live their lives, everyone deserves basic, fundamental protections and to be treated with decency.)

At the end of the day, is what it is. I stand by my vote. I'm not too hung up on how things have gone/are going and I think it'll be fine in the long haul. I don't think of myself as a hardcore ideologue, so if the other side can make a fair case with evidence for why they're doing things the way they are, I'm happy to hear 'em out and go along with it, if it sounds convincing enough.

I'll say, though, that some things are gone for good. There are certain individual liberties which I fear may now be irreversibly encroached upon per a political agenda with the pandemic being used as justification.  There are some economic shifts coming up which I worry about. The world's always gonna be in turmoil, naturally, but nonetheless.

Renewable energy technology is the way of the future. A government that invests in it will be prosperous long int the future. Oil/gas is finite, dirty and belongs in the past. When that runs out, any country that did not invest or set up for it may as well be a 3rd world country. Why in Gods name do poor people care about increasing the wealth of oil tycoons so much? It boggles the mind

Renewable energy technology is becoming increasing cheaper and if invested in will actually provide more jobs then oil. People also dont take into consideration the money it costs in repairing the damage of more frequent natural disasters or lower crop yields as a result of a warming planet. People are just so narrow minded and are too stubborn to change. The transition isn't going to be seamless because frankly the world has denied climate change for so long and sat on their hands about it to make oil and gas conglomerates richer and richer. The transition to renewable should have started decades ago and the longer you wait, the more rough and costly it's going to be.

The pandemic being used as justification - yeah, I'm sure public health and safety is such an awful thing to bear. I mean wearing a mask is so damaging to my freedom. FFS cry me a river. Do you have a sook that there is a law that says you have to wear clothing in public? A fat obese man with giant man boobs can strut around half naked but a breast feeding mother is an outrage against public decency. Society is f'ed up

Australia continues to mine for coal on prime agricultural land and couldn't give 2 fucks about damaging the Great Barrier Reef. The knock on effects in frigging with our marine life can not be understated. Lets just say, if the phytoplankton in the oceans disappear (and a warming climate is doing exactly that), so will the human race

Jamie

• Number Archivist.
« Reply #20037 on: January 24, 2021, 09:41:33 AM »
Renewable energy technology is the way of the future. A government that invests in it will be prosperous long int the future. Oil/gas is finite, dirty and belongs in the past. When that runs out, any country that did not invest or set up for it may as well be a 3rd world country. Why in Gods name do poor people care about increasing the wealth of oil tycoons so much? It boggles the mind

Renewable energy technology is becoming increasing cheaper and if invested in will actually provide more jobs then oil. People also dont take into consideration the money it costs in repairing the damage of more frequent natural disasters or lower crop yields as a result of a warming planet. People are just so narrow minded and are too stubborn to change. The transition isn't going to be seamless because frankly the world has denied climate change for so long and sat on their hands about it to make oil and gas conglomerates richer and richer. The transition to renewable should have started decades ago and the longer you wait, the more rough and costly it's going to be.

The pandemic being used as justification - yeah, I'm sure public health and safety is such an awful thing to bear. I mean wearing a mask is so damaging to my freedom. FFS cry me a river. Do you have a sook that there is a law that says you have to wear clothing in public? A fat obese man with giant man boobs can strut around half naked but a breast feeding mother is an outrage against public decency. Society is f'ed up

Australia continues to mine for coal on prime agricultural land and couldn't give 2 fucks about damaging the Great Barrier Reef. The knock on effects in frigging with our marine life can not be understated. Lets just say, if the phytoplankton in the oceans disappear (and a warming climate is doing exactly that), so will the human race

Christ, do you just gloss every post, assume what everyone thinks, and say totally asinine shit all the time? Or just on the weekends?

Renewable energy is great. Fuck oil tycoons. Wear a mask, please -- because they fucking work -- and breast feed wherever you want, whenever you want. Yes, our oceans are important and we should take steps to preserve them.

Again, I agree with all the ends. You're talking about ends and we're in agreement there. I just don't agree with the means to get there. And that doesn't mean I think the "other side's" means are awful and horrible and terrible -- I just don't think they're the best way to go about doing things.

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #20038 on: January 24, 2021, 09:43:05 AM »

Christ, do you just gloss every post, assume what everyone thinks, and say totally asinine shit all the time? Or just on the weekends?

Renewable energy is great. Fuck oil tycoons. Wear a mask, please -- because they fucking work -- and breast feed wherever you want, whenever you want. Yes, our oceans are important and we should take steps to preserve them.

Again, I agree with all the ends. You're talking about ends and we're in agreement there. I just don't agree with the means to get there. And that doesn't mean I think the "other side's" means are awful and horrible and terrible -- I just don't think they're the best way to go about doing things.

Please tell us what 'means' to get there that you would approve of

Also, it's not the weekend where I am. It's Monday morning 8)

Lorddave

« Reply #20039 on: January 24, 2021, 10:23:03 AM »

Republicans haven't been about small government or states rights for a while.  Trump is about as Authoritarian as you get in a president with the law being the only thing really stopping him.  The man wanted to have the federal government invalidate a state's voting laws and requirements.  If that doesn't scream "Big Government" I don't know what does.

I'd like for republicans to go back to their roots but that seems unlikely these days.

On a side note: Halting the pipeline is a good thing.  The pipeline itself was planned when oil prices were over $100/bbl.  The REASON is because of two things.
1. Canada could mine the tar sands oil and make a profit.
2. Oil refineries are super dirty and they wanted to outsource that job to someone else.

So why isn't it good now?
Well, because you want cheap gas.  To extract the oil from the tar sands in Canada, they (basically) need to dig out alot of sand and wash it.  Sand gets cleaned, oil gets collected.  Its an expensive and costly process, which is why Canada didn't bother with it until oil was very expensive.  That pipeline is basically a giant "Please make oil expensive" sign.  And trust me, oil companies and associated companies (like the ones who make the oil drills and pumps) want oil to be $120-$150 per barrel.  That's "Recovered" in their books.  And if you build a pipeline, you're gonna wanna use it.  And you're only gonna use it if oil is expensive enough.  Even the bits that have been built and are functional are barely used.  No where near capacity.  And now that we have an oil glut, its even worse.

Damaging land by building a giant pipe across it, quite simply, isn't worth it.

And yeah, its funny how we all have the same goals but decide that we don't and we wanna destroy America (because that's what you do to a nation you control....) rather than just debate the "how" we get to where we wanna go.