He is the wild card we need
42 (51.2%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Why do you support donald trump

• 20344 Replies

Lorddave

Re: Why do you support donald trump
« Reply #19950 on: January 15, 2021, 07:34:23 AM »
https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/7/22217206/nvidia-amd-gpu-trump-tax-china-tariff-exemption-expire
The Trump administration is now imposing a 25 percent tax on graphics cards imported from China, and at least one PC component manufacturer has announced it’ll pass along part of that cost to consumers.
Thanks Trump. I always wanted to pay more on top of the already outrageous price of a GPU!

*Laughs from Norway.  Then see's the VAT and sighs*
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #19951 on: January 15, 2021, 08:08:22 AM »
*sigh*
Doesn't he know when to stop?
President Donald Trump has sent lawmakers a sweeping package of spending cuts to consider before he leaves office, including billions in funding for a global health and vaccine distribution program involved in the Covid fight, according to the package obtained by POLITICO.

The $27.4 billion in proposed cuts is known as a rescission request — a largely symbolic package of spending claw-backs that the White House presents to Congress. There is no chance that Congress actually acts on the request. But the inclusion of $4 billion in funding for GAVI, a public-private partnership promoting vaccination in low-income countries, will likely fuel more criticism of the president’s approach to global health efforts in general and the Covid pandemic in particular.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #19952 on: January 15, 2021, 10:17:16 AM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2021/01/14/secret-service-bathroom-ivanka-trump-jared-kushner/

The $3,000-a-month toilet for the Ivanka Trump/Jared Kushner Secret Service detail

Many U.S. Secret Service agents have stood guard in Washington’s elite Kalorama neighborhood, home over the years to Cabinet secretaries and former presidents. Those agents have had to worry about death threats, secure perimeters and suspicious strangers. But with the arrival of Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, they had a new worry: finding a toilet.

Instructed not to use any of the half-dozen bathrooms inside the couple’s house, the Secret Service detail assigned to President Trump’s daughter and son-in-law spent months searching for a reliable restroom to use on the job, according to neighbors and law enforcement officials. After resorting to a porta-potty, as well as bathrooms at the nearby home of former president Barack Obama and the not-so-nearby residence of Vice President Pence, the agents finally found a toilet to call their own.

But it came at a cost to U.S. taxpayers. Since September 2017, the federal government has been spending $3,000 a month — more than $100,000 to date — to rent a basement studio, with a bathroom, from a neighbor of the Kushner family.

A White House spokesperson denied that Trump and Kushner restricted agents from their 5,000-square-foot home, with its six bedrooms and 6.5 bathrooms, and asserted that it was the Secret Service’s decision not to allow the protective detail inside. That account is disputed by a law enforcement official familiar with the situation, who said the agents were kept out at the family’s request.

You may not poo!

Looking at this story more I'm not sure what to think.  At first glance it seems like the Kushners are being jackasses.  But then there's this paragraph

The Obamas did not use the garage, so the extra traffic to and from the command post caused no problem. Yet this solution, too, was short-lived after a Secret Service supervisor from the Trump/Kushner detail left an unpleasant mess in the Obama bathroom at some point before the fall of 2017, according to a person briefed on the event. That prompted the leaders of the Obama detail to ban the agents up the street from ever returning

So basically Obama, just being a nice guy, let them use his garage toilet.  The secret service paid him back to wrecking it. 

Maybe the secret service just isn't house broken.  Maybe they destroyed some bathrooms inside Kushner's house before they got banned there.

Could it be that everytime we go to a public restroom and see the stall doors kicked out, gum in the urinal, shit on the toilet seat and graffiti everywhere that it was the secret service?
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19953 on: January 15, 2021, 10:19:01 AM »
OH gross. Why can't they just have good manners?  I think the portable toilet solution is the way to go if they're so nasty.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #19954 on: January 15, 2021, 10:43:36 AM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2021/01/14/secret-service-bathroom-ivanka-trump-jared-kushner/

The $3,000-a-month toilet for the Ivanka Trump/Jared Kushner Secret Service detail

Many U.S. Secret Service agents have stood guard in Washington’s elite Kalorama neighborhood, home over the years to Cabinet secretaries and former presidents. Those agents have had to worry about death threats, secure perimeters and suspicious strangers. But with the arrival of Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, they had a new worry: finding a toilet.

Instructed not to use any of the half-dozen bathrooms inside the couple’s house, the Secret Service detail assigned to President Trump’s daughter and son-in-law spent months searching for a reliable restroom to use on the job, according to neighbors and law enforcement officials. After resorting to a porta-potty, as well as bathrooms at the nearby home of former president Barack Obama and the not-so-nearby residence of Vice President Pence, the agents finally found a toilet to call their own.

But it came at a cost to U.S. taxpayers. Since September 2017, the federal government has been spending $3,000 a month — more than $100,000 to date — to rent a basement studio, with a bathroom, from a neighbor of the Kushner family.

A White House spokesperson denied that Trump and Kushner restricted agents from their 5,000-square-foot home, with its six bedrooms and 6.5 bathrooms, and asserted that it was the Secret Service’s decision not to allow the protective detail inside. That account is disputed by a law enforcement official familiar with the situation, who said the agents were kept out at the family’s request.

You may not poo!

Looking at this story more I'm not sure what to think.  At first glance it seems like the Kushners are being jackasses.  But then there's this paragraph

The Obamas did not use the garage, so the extra traffic to and from the command post caused no problem. Yet this solution, too, was short-lived after a Secret Service supervisor from the Trump/Kushner detail left an unpleasant mess in the Obama bathroom at some point before the fall of 2017, according to a person briefed on the event. That prompted the leaders of the Obama detail to ban the agents up the street from ever returning

So basically Obama, just being a nice guy, let them use his garage toilet.  The secret service paid him back to wrecking it. 

Maybe the secret service just isn't house broken.  Maybe they destroyed some bathrooms inside Kushner's house before they got banned there.

Could it be that everytime we go to a public restroom and see the stall doors kicked out, gum in the urinal, shit on the toilet seat and graffiti everywhere that it was the secret service?

I want more details.

To my Mom, an unpleasant mess is me leaving my toothbrush on the sink instead of in the CORRECT holder inside the cabinet.

To my Dad, an unpleasant mess would be peeing on the floor without cleaning it up.

To my Grandpa, I think it would need to be pumping raw sewage out of the toilet and spraying the walls with it before he would ban anyone. Not much phased him.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19955 on: January 15, 2021, 03:17:25 PM »
I'm betting it's a bit more than pee on the floor for the Obamas to ban them from ever returning.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #19956 on: January 15, 2021, 03:54:12 PM »
Clogged toilet after massive dump? Maybe they didn't even flush

Lorddave

« Reply #19957 on: January 15, 2021, 09:21:20 PM »
I'm betting it's a bit more than pee on the floor for the Obamas to ban them from ever returning.

It wasn't obama that banned them but the lead Secret Service agent of the Obama security detail.
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #19958 on: January 16, 2021, 02:06:11 AM »
This is Trumps legacy now
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_coups_and_coup_attempts

On 6 January, violent supporters of United States President Donald Trump, some armed, stormed the U.S. Capitol in an attempt to stop Biden's votes from being counted and him being certified as the winner, during the 2021 United States Electoral College count. Lockdown and evacuation orders were given and the session was suspended. In the violent riot that followed (referred to as "the storming of the Capitol"), one pro-Trump supporter was shot and killed by United States Capitol Police and a Capitol Police officer was assaulted with a fire extinguisher and killed by the rioters. In total, 5 people died in the attempted coup.[63] Both the Senate and House chambers were breached, as well as the offices of several members of congress, including those of the Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.[64] The international community immediately reacted, with world leaders and the NATO secretary-general[65] calling for calm. Former President George W. Bush stated, "This is how election results are disputed in a banana republic – not our democratic republic."[66]

Well I'm sure he wanted to be historic. Not sure this is what he had in mind though.
A Future Is Not Given To You. It Is Something You Must Take For Yourself

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19959 on: January 16, 2021, 06:53:51 PM »

I know it's popular to hate Kellyanne Conway, but she is very good at what she does. If I were president, I couldn't think of anyone better to talk shit about me. I can't help but admire her ability to ignore the troll and stay on message.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #19960 on: January 16, 2021, 07:13:27 PM »
My favorite part is where she said trump would be remembered by historians for the pre Covid economy.

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #19961 on: January 18, 2021, 01:56:43 PM »
Melania Trump on leaving the White House

“The promise of this Nation belongs to all of us. Do not lose sight of your integrity and values. Use every opportunity to show consideration for another person and build good habits into your daily lives,” she said.

“In all circumstances, I ask every American to be an ambassador of Be Best. To focus on what unites us. To rise above what divides us. To always choose love over hatred, peace over violence, and others before yourself.

“Together, as one national family, we can continue to be the light of hope for future generations and carry on America’s legacy of raising our nation to greater heights through our spirit of courage, goodness and faith.

“No words can express the depth of my gratitude for the privilege of having served as your First Lady.”

Hollow words. Hypocrital bitch

Has not even reached out to the Bidens or given the traditional first lady tour to Jill Biden

What a stuck up snobbish POS. So much for her 'Be Best' or words about unite and 'showing every opportunity to show consideration for another person'

When it really matters, she's as spiteful and hateful as Donald Trump.

Good riddance to her.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19962 on: January 18, 2021, 06:59:43 PM »

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #19963 on: January 19, 2021, 11:32:37 AM »
Less than 24 hours left of president Trump, or as Biden puts it "Presinald Trunt".

I'm going to have to force myself to ignore the news for a while.  It's going to be a lot more boring.

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #19964 on: January 19, 2021, 11:38:49 AM »
Nice to hear Mitch McConnell grew a pair and called out Trump for what happened on January 6. Unlike Mike Pence, Mitch's words might not actually be hollow.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #19965 on: January 19, 2021, 11:44:35 AM »
Nice to hear Mitch McConnell grew a pair and called out Trump for what happened on January 6. Unlike Mike Pence, Mitch's words might not actually be hollow.

They might sound a little less hollow had he not waited until AFTER Trump's popularity took a hit to grow a pair.

Not much he can do to make up for the 4 years of enabling for, covering for and making excuses for, and ass kissing he did.

That riot was partially his fault too.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #19966 on: January 19, 2021, 11:47:12 AM »
Do you have a favorite American hero? https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-building-national-garden-american-heroes/

There are the obvious choices.  People like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Bruce Springstein etc.  But if I had one choice it would be for Elizabeth Swaney.

She is a skier who more or less scammed her way into the olympics, the snowboard half pipe to be specific.  So here's an example of what an olympic level skier usually performs in this event.

And here's Elizabeth Swaney.

I believe this impressive young lady demonstrates many of the qualities that represent America today.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #19967 on: January 19, 2021, 11:57:34 AM »

What exactly is the point of making these still?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19968 on: January 19, 2021, 12:02:32 PM »
I actually looked at the list to see if Elizabeth Swaney was on it. lol

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19970 on: January 19, 2021, 12:13:47 PM »
Alex Trebek is on the list!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #19971 on: January 19, 2021, 12:45:52 PM »
Is Steve Rodgers on the list?

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #19972 on: January 19, 2021, 04:10:38 PM »
Donald Trump has posted his farewell speech to Fox News.  I'd post a youtube link but he's been banned from youtube.

Half of it is nonsense obviously.  Still no concession or even mention of Joe Biden.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #19973 on: January 19, 2021, 04:35:09 PM »
Donald Trump has posted his farewell speech to Fox News.  I'd post a youtube link but he's been banned from youtube.
*sigh*

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19974 on: January 19, 2021, 06:40:16 PM »
I made it through his entire speech. lol

Oh shit, Trump wants to start his own political party. The Patriot Party! https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/trump-impeachment-biden-inauguration/card/90pPMzFPqr5fMzg1Bkbs

President Trump has talked in recent days with associates about forming a new political party, according to people familiar with the matter, an effort to exert continued influence after he leaves the White House.

Mr. Trump discussed the matter with several aides and other people close to him last week, the people said. The president said he would want to call the new party the “Patriot Party,” the people said.

Mr. Trump has feuded in recent days with several Republican leaders including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.), who on Tuesday said Mr. Trump deserved blame for provoking the deadly Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol. Polls show Mr. Trump retains strong support among rank-and-file GOP voters.

The White House declined to comment.

We'll know it's a real political party if it gets its own twitter acct.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 06:51:57 PM by Space Cowgirl »

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #19975 on: January 19, 2021, 07:05:13 PM »
Oh that will be glorious.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #19976 on: January 19, 2021, 07:33:31 PM »
If Trump does form a new party and takes a lot of the repub nutters with him, then that should assure at least the nest 2 or 3 elections for the dems.

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #19977 on: January 19, 2021, 08:30:00 PM »
If Trump does want to form his own political party that would almost assuredly get him convicted in his impeachment trial in the Senate as that would bar him from running for any office.

There'd be more than a few repugnicans in the Senate who would see Trump as a threat to their own ambitions. They won't convict because it's right. They'll convict to sure up their own political future

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #19978 on: January 19, 2021, 08:51:41 PM »
If Trump does want to form his own political party that would almost assuredly get him convicted in his impeachment trial in the Senate as that would bar him from running for any office.

There'd be more than a few repugnicans in the Senate who would see Trump as a threat to their own ambitions. They won't convict because it's right. They'll convict to sure up their own political future
Who says that the new party is for Donald Trump alone?  Haven't you been paying attention as Ivanka, Jared, Don Jr. and Eric are being carefully groomed for their own congressional and presidential runs?  This is simply the beginning of the Trump dynasty.

Lorddave

« Reply #19979 on: January 19, 2021, 09:44:10 PM »
I for one would love to see Republicans move back towards center instead of the far right they currently sit.