Why do you support donald trump

• 20096 Replies

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: Why do you support donald trump
« Reply #19800 on: December 01, 2020, 06:08:16 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/01/politics/presidential-pardon-justice-department/index.html

(CNN)The Justice Department is investigating a potential crime related to funneling money to the White House or related political committee in exchange for a presidential pardon, according to court records unsealed Tuesday in federal court.
The case is the latest legal twist in the waning days of President Donald Trump's administration after several of his top advisers have been convicted of federal criminal charges and as the possibility rises of Trump giving pardons to those who've been loyal to him.
The disclosure is in 20 pages of partially redacted documents made public by the DC District Court on Tuesday afternoon. The records show Chief Judge Beryl Howell's review in August of a request from prosecutors to access documents obtained in a search as part of a bribery-for-pardon investigation.

The filings don't reveal a timeline of the alleged scheme, or any names of people potentially involved, except that communications between people including at least one lawyer were seized from an office that was raided sometime before the end of this summer.

No one appears to have been publicly charged with a related crime to date.

What the heck? lol

Here's a link to the court records https://www.dcd.uscourts.gov/sites/dcd/files/20gj35%20Partial%20Unsealing%20Order.pdf
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Lorddave

« Reply #19801 on: December 02, 2020, 12:27:19 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/01/politics/presidential-pardon-justice-department/index.html

(CNN)The Justice Department is investigating a potential crime related to funneling money to the White House or related political committee in exchange for a presidential pardon, according to court records unsealed Tuesday in federal court.
The case is the latest legal twist in the waning days of President Donald Trump's administration after several of his top advisers have been convicted of federal criminal charges and as the possibility rises of Trump giving pardons to those who've been loyal to him.
The disclosure is in 20 pages of partially redacted documents made public by the DC District Court on Tuesday afternoon. The records show Chief Judge Beryl Howell's review in August of a request from prosecutors to access documents obtained in a search as part of a bribery-for-pardon investigation.

The filings don't reveal a timeline of the alleged scheme, or any names of people potentially involved, except that communications between people including at least one lawyer were seized from an office that was raided sometime before the end of this summer.

What the heck? lol

Here's a link to the court records https://www.dcd.uscourts.gov/sites/dcd/files/20gj35%20Partial%20Unsealing%20Order.pdf

Maybe those rumors of Giulianni asking for a pardon are real?  Or maybe he's brokering pardons?
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #19802 on: December 02, 2020, 01:06:08 AM »

What the heck? lol

Maybe those rumors of Giulianni asking for a pardon are real?  Or maybe he's brokering pardons?

The president can pardon whoever he likes though right? Now if someone gave me a buttload of money, I'd 'like' them too. So while it is morally reprehensible and repugnant to 'sell' pardons', is it legally wrong lol?

I ask only because Americans were silly enough to grant their presidents virtual immunity from almost any wrong doing. So while giving a lowly mayor millions of dollars to be looked upon favorably when you want something, it seems there is no issue for when this applies to a president, no matter how beyond the pale it may be
A Future Is Not Given To You. It Is Something You Must Take For Yourself

« Reply #19803 on: December 02, 2020, 01:56:23 AM »
Cash for pardons!

Is this a new low?  How can there be a new low already?   We’re not done with the current low.

Lorddave

« Reply #19804 on: December 02, 2020, 02:57:35 AM »

What the heck? lol

The president can pardon whoever he likes though right? Now if someone gave me a buttload of money, I'd 'like' them too. So while it is morally reprehensible and repugnant to 'sell' pardons', is it legally wrong lol?

I ask only because Americans were silly enough to grant their presidents virtual immunity from almost any wrong doing. So while giving a lowly mayor millions of dollars to be looked upon favorably when you want something, it seems there is no issue for when this applies to a president, no matter how beyond the pale it may be

Short answer: its an abuse of power.  But unless congress impeaches and removes him, nothing anyone can do.
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Paid Cybermagician
« Reply #19805 on: December 02, 2020, 05:48:30 AM »
Maybe they'll impeach him one last time just for laughs.

A single term double impeached president.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Paid Cybermagician
« Reply #19806 on: December 02, 2020, 05:54:47 AM »
And to build upon Dave's answer, the founding fathers assumed that the American people would not tolerate man with no honor in the white house.

Additional rules on what the president can do aren't really the problem. It's the 70 million of us who knew full well who trump is and decided to vote for him anyways.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #19807 on: December 02, 2020, 06:15:11 AM »
Short answer: its an abuse of power.  But unless congress impeaches and removes him, nothing anyone can do.
Well, he's already been impeached and is due to be removed in about 7 weeks.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19808 on: December 02, 2020, 07:44:03 AM »
https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-media-social-media-elections-defense-policy-5197fef33054aedc559474761595414b

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is threatening to veto a defense policy bill unless it ends protections for internet companies that shield them from being held liable for material posted by their users.

On Twitter Tuesday night, Trump took aim at Section 230 of the 1996 Communications Decency Act, which protects companies that can host trillions of messages from being sued into oblivion by anyone who feels wronged by something someone else has posted — whether their complaint is legitimate or not.

Trump called Section 230 “a serious threat to our National Security & Election Integrity,” adding, “Therefore, if the very dangerous & unfair Section 230 is not completely terminated as part of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), I will be forced to unequivocally VETO the Bill.”

He really wants to sue Twitter.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Lorddave

« Reply #19809 on: December 02, 2020, 08:41:12 AM »
https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-media-social-media-elections-defense-policy-5197fef33054aedc559474761595414b

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is threatening to veto a defense policy bill unless it ends protections for internet companies that shield them from being held liable for material posted by their users.

On Twitter Tuesday night, Trump took aim at Section 230 of the 1996 Communications Decency Act, which protects companies that can host trillions of messages from being sued into oblivion by anyone who feels wronged by something someone else has posted — whether their complaint is legitimate or not.

Trump called Section 230 “a serious threat to our National Security & Election Integrity,” adding, “Therefore, if the very dangerous & unfair Section 230 is not completely terminated as part of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), I will be forced to unequivocally VETO the Bill.”

He really wants to sue Twitter.

Pretty sure using a defense bill as a hostage is not gonna win him any fans during reelection.  Which he will be in until he dies.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Paid Cybermagician
« Reply #19810 on: December 02, 2020, 09:24:18 AM »
Twitter is a matter of national defense... seems like a bit of a reach.

It's also a silly demand.  Worst case they just have to wait 6 weeks for the new guy.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19811 on: December 02, 2020, 11:29:24 AM »
The defense policy bill normally passes with enough bipartisan support to be veto proof, anyway.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #19812 on: December 02, 2020, 11:34:09 AM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-raises-more-than-150-million-appealing-to-false-election-claims/2020/11/30/82e922e6-3347-11eb-afe6-e4dbee9689f8_story.html
I wonder how much of that money will go towards paying for the election lawsuits and how much will go towards paying off Trump's mysterious $400 million debt.

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #19813 on: December 04, 2020, 02:33:07 AM »
From an article in USA TODAY  https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/12/03/corrupt-self-dealing-trump-pardons-will-lose-in-court-column/3789655001/

Beyond that, the pardon can be challenged in court as self-dealing, corrupt, and therefore illegal. The judge in the Flynn case, Emmet Sullivan, could be asked to reject the Flynn pardon and continue with whatever sentencing he had planned. If the judge were to reject the pardon on the grounds that it was corrupt and therefore invalid, Flynn and his lawyers would no doubt file an appeal asking the appellate court to decide whether a corrupt pardon is valid. I am confident that a court would conclude the pardon power does not include the ability to use the pardon to reward those who commit crimes on the president’s behalf. 

So,  there is a pretty fair chance that Trump's pardon of Flynn could be overturned in court.   Looks like there are limits to the power of a Presidential pardon after all. 

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

« Reply #19814 on: December 04, 2020, 05:25:54 AM »
To the scotus we go!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #19815 on: December 05, 2020, 03:56:17 PM »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19816 on: December 08, 2020, 06:01:46 AM »
https://www.nj.com/sports/2020/12/president-trump-walks-out-on-medal-of-freedom-ceremony-for-legendary-wrestler-dan-gable.html

President Trump walks out on Medal of Freedom ceremony for legendary wrestler, ex-Iowa coach Dan Gable

An odd scene developed Monday in the Oval Office.

Donald Trump presented legendary wrestler Dan Gable with the Presidential Medal of Freedom at the White House, then walked out on the ceremony. Per the Big Lead:

After Gable received his medal, he gave a speech and then the assembled press tried to ask Trump questions about attending the inauguration of Joe Biden and things of that nature. Trump wanted nothing to do with it and just kind of walked out, looking agitated, leaving Gable and his family hanging in the Oval Office. If the description doesn’t make it sound awkward, just look at Gable’s reaction.

It was shitty of Trump to leave Dan Gable standing there, but the press could have waited to ask Trump about the inauguration ceremony. Just let Dan Gable have his moment, assholes.

Jamie

• Number Archivist.
« Reply #19817 on: December 09, 2020, 10:12:22 AM »
The Press hates Trump and they love Biden. Surprise, surprise.
There is a preverb in Turkish:  "Do not think everybody have beard is your grandfather".

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19818 on: December 09, 2020, 11:49:33 AM »
I'm a bit MAGA about the press, tbh.

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #19819 on: December 09, 2020, 01:13:46 PM »
Trump is the president and the question of whether he will concede and follow an orderly transition is the leading question of your guys time.

Normally it wouldn't be as most presidents are statesman, dignified and mature. But this is Trump and he's brought this all on himself. No sympathy. It's honestly an easy question anyway ::)

Besides had they not asked him and he not walked out, I would never had known this guy got the medal, so now thus guy can be recognised across the world. Silver linings

Lorddave

« Reply #19820 on: December 09, 2020, 01:46:25 PM »
I strongly encourage all Americans (not Trumpers.  They are anti-American) to get a gun.
Get multiple guns.
And lots of ammo.

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/09/944385798/poll-just-a-quarter-of-republicans-accept-election-outcome

Republicans are gonna start a civil war.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #19821 on: December 09, 2020, 01:54:08 PM »
I strongly encourage all Americans (not Trumpers.  They are anti-American) to get a gun.
Get multiple guns.
And lots of ammo.

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/09/944385798/poll-just-a-quarter-of-republicans-accept-election-outcome

They better not.  We won the last time conservatives started one of those.

Lorddave

« Reply #19822 on: December 09, 2020, 01:57:59 PM »
Get multiple guns.
And lots of ammo.

They better not.  We won the last time conservatives started one of those.

Last time it was by state.  Now its gonna be an intermixed blood bath.

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #19823 on: December 09, 2020, 02:33:33 PM »
Get multiple guns.
And lots of ammo.

My money is on the US Army.   I can't see the "Michigan Militia boogaloos" lasting for very long against the 82nd Airborne.

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #19824 on: December 09, 2020, 02:36:42 PM »
The Press hates Trump and they love Biden. Surprise, surprise.

The press doesn't hate Trump per se,  they let him lie his arse off and still give him air time.  Then when on the vanishingly few times they call him out on his lies the numnuts like yourself,  jump up and say the press hates Trump.

If he stopped lying and doing stupid shit he'd get better press.

Lorddave

« Reply #19825 on: December 09, 2020, 02:37:34 PM »
Get multiple guns.
And lots of ammo.

My money is on the US Army.   I can't see the "Michigan Militia boogaloos" lasting for very long against the 82nd Airborne.

Not mine.
Especially if shit happens BEFORE trump is out of office. 

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Paid Cybermagician
« Reply #19826 on: December 09, 2020, 03:05:56 PM »
Get multiple guns.
And lots of ammo.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-news/utah-joins-texas-challenge-of-swing-state-voting-results

I keep thing about this video game I played when I was a teenager, Wing Commander.

If you've never heard of it it's a space sim where you fly a star fighter.  You fly a bunch of missions and return to the carrier when the mission is over.

Whenever I'd land on the carrier I'd always empty all of my ammunition at it because the carrier is damn near invulnerable.  It was also really funny to hear the game yell at me for attacking the carrier.

Then during one landing the carrier exploded.

« Reply #19827 on: December 09, 2020, 05:19:09 PM »
I hear it was a great movie too.
FPJ.
Whoopwhoop

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Paid Cybermagician
« Reply #19828 on: December 09, 2020, 08:08:38 PM »
CNN: Federal criminal investigation into Hunter Biden focuses on his business dealings in China.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/09/politics/hunter-biden-tax-investigtation/index.html

The interesting thing about this story is that the justice department held onto this until after the election per their guidelines on election timing.

This is the very thing trump was looking to use during the election.

Shifter

• Blind to the truth
« Reply #19829 on: December 09, 2020, 10:22:14 PM »
Get multiple guns.
And lots of ammo.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-news/utah-joins-texas-challenge-of-swing-state-voting-results

I keep thing about this video game I played when I was a teenager, Wing Commander.

If you've never heard of it it's a space sim where you fly a star fighter.  You fly a bunch of missions and return to the carrier when the mission is over.

Whenever I'd land on the carrier I'd always empty all of my ammunition at it because the carrier is damn near invulnerable.  It was also really funny to hear the game yell at me for attacking the carrier.

Then during one landing the carrier exploded.

Good times, good times. 8)

Repugnicans are about law and order. No way they would turn their guns on their fellow man..... Right??