Why do you support donald trump

• 16846 Replies

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
Re: Why do you support donald trump
« Reply #16530 on: October 18, 2019, 07:47:31 AM »
'Get Over It': Politics Is Part Of Foreign Policy, Mulvaney Says https://n.pr/2BmTJHY

Oh look, more quotes for Dems to use.

Summary:
The acting chief of staff basically says 'give and take is how diplomacy works.  Investigation into corruption for aid.  Get over it.'

That was an amazing speech.

"Guess what?  Elections have consequences.  So we're committing crimes. 

Deal with it, libtards!"
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #16531 on: October 18, 2019, 06:47:23 PM »
The House is conducting the investigation stage. No where does the Constitution state the accused has any right to face their accuser while an investigation is ongoing. That step is for the trial, when it goes to the Senate. The Constitution also doesn't state how the House must conduct their impeachment proceedings, only that the House has the power to impeach.

Also, Jerkface, in a perfect world the House would have enlisted a special prosecutor themselves and conducted this investigation, not left it up to any executive branch agency, including the FBI.

Correct,  in a normal administration the AG would have appointed a special prosecutor to conduct the investigation who in turn would present a report for the house to form articles of impeachment, which then would go to trial in the senate.

By refusing to act on the multiple criminal referrals to DOJ William Barr has lost control of the process,  it would have been more in Trump's favour for Barr to have appointed a special prosecutor that he could control and spin any report generated like he did to deep six the Mueller report.

I wonder, did Barr know it was going to backfire?
Except when potential impeachment is involved, the special prosecutor is hired and reports to Congress, not the AG or anyone in the DOJ. That was the oddity of Mueller, he reported to the executive branch, the head of which was the target of his investigation.

I don't think that's how it works,  the 1978 Statute that was brought in after Watergate expired in 1999, and was replace by DOJ rules,  those rules are here https://ecfr.io/Title-28/se28.2.600_18

(c) Closing documentation. At the conclusion of the Special Counsel's work, he or she shall provide the Attorney General with a confidential report explaining the prosecution or declination decisions reached by the Special Counsel.

The AG has pretty wide disgression as to how the special counsel's report is handled.  ( As witnessed by the way Barr has handled the Mueller report )

(a) The Attorney General will notify the Chairman and Ranking Minority Member of the Judiciary Committees of each House of Congress, with an explanation for each actionó

(1) Upon appointing a Special Counsel;

(2) Upon removing any Special Counsel; and

(3) Upon conclusion of the Special Counsels investigation, including, to the extent consistent with applicable law, a description and explanation of instances (if any) in which the Attorney General concluded that a proposed action by a Special Counsel was so inappropriate or unwarranted under established Departmental practices that it should not be pursued.

(b) The notification requirement in paragraph (a)(1) of this section may be tolled by the Attorney General upon a finding that legitimate investigative or privacy concerns require confidentiality. At such time as confidentiality is no longer needed, the notification will be provided.

(c) The Attorney General may determine that public release of these reports would be in the public interest, to the extent that release would comply with applicable legal restrictions. All other releases of information by any Department of Justice employee, including the Special Counsel and staff, concerning matters handled by Special Counsels shall be governed by the generally applicable Departmental guidelines concerning public comment with respect to any criminal investigation, and relevant law.

So, imagine what the situation would be if Barr had appointed a special counsel to investigate Ukraine,  the depositions would all have been held in secret heard by a grand jury, and Barr could have spun the special counsel's report any way he liked on conclusion.

Hence my contention that Barr didn't do Trump any favours by refusing to investigate,  and that in turn led to the whistleblower bypassing DOJ and going direct to congress.

The unanswered question in my mind is did Barr realise that Congressional committees would step in and take over the role that a special counsel would have under a normal administration.

I think he just blew it.

EDIT:
One additional possibility that might explain why Bill Barr refused to act on the multiple criminal referrals, is that he himself was mentioned in the transcripts, so that would have meant he'd have to recuse himself.  Easier to pretend there was nothing to investigate and hope it would just go away?

Also, no need for investigation if in fact Bill Barr was up to his neck in the scheme,  he already knew the details.  ( In spite of claiming he knew nothing )

And, if anyone asked just claim that a sitting president can't be investigated.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 08:40:28 PM by JerkFace »
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #16532 on: October 19, 2019, 12:08:20 PM »
I wonder if the GOP should reconsider cancelling their presidential primaries.
Kansas, Alaska, South Carolina, Arizona, and Nevada have all canceled their Republican primaries/caucuses in order to throw their support fully behind President Donald Trump, citing the arguably unnecessary costs a primary election would entail when nearly 90% of the party approves of his presidency.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #16533 on: October 19, 2019, 12:21:16 PM »
Kansas, Alaska, South Carolina, Arizona, and Nevada have all canceled their Republican primaries/caucuses in order to throw their support fully behind President Donald Trump, citing the arguably unnecessary costs a primary election would entail when nearly 90% of the party approves of his presidency.

They're not entirely wrong. It's not even close. Unless trump is thrown out of office these other toys don't stand a chance. I could be wrong but I think they're entirely within their rights shut down primaries if they want to.

Lorddave

« Reply #16534 on: October 19, 2019, 02:29:19 PM »

They're not entirely wrong. It's not even close. Unless trump is thrown out of office these other toys don't stand a chance. I could be wrong but I think they're entirely within their rights shut down primaries if they want to.

Probably.  No law stating how a candidate is chosen.  And while they spin this as saving money, its BS.  No, this is fear.  Fear that Trump will not win as well as expected.  Then everything falls apart, starting with Trump's ego.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 02:36:05 PM by Lorddave »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #16535 on: October 20, 2019, 07:07:03 AM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1185726930764611589?s=20

I thought I was doing something very good for our Country by using Trump National Doral, in Miami, for hosting the G-7 Leaders. It is big, grand, on hundreds of acres, next to MIAMI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, has tremendous ballrooms & meeting rooms, and each delegation would have...
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1185726931611852802?s=20

.....its own 50 to 70 unit building. Would set up better than other alternatives. I announced that I would be willing to do it at NO PROFIT or, if legally permissible, at ZERO COST to the USA. But, as usual, the Hostile Media & their Democrat Partners went CRAZY!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1185735579327193093?s=20

....Therefore, based on both Media & Democrat Crazed and Irrational Hostility, we will no longer consider Trump National Doral, Miami, as the Host Site for the G-7 in 2020. We will begin the search for another site, including the possibility of Camp David, immediately. Thank you!

I'm glad someone talked him out of using his resort for this meeting.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #16536 on: October 20, 2019, 07:40:44 AM »
This is very unusual.  Trump upon hearing criticism decides not to do something?  Does anyone else think this is odd?

Lorddave

« Reply #16537 on: October 20, 2019, 07:50:53 AM »
This is very unusual.  Trump upon hearing criticism decides not to do something?  Does anyone else think this is odd?

I do but with the impeachment inquiry, someone probably mentioned how it would be used against him, successfully.  Even if he made it a 0 cost to America.

Not that I'd think he'd do it at 0 cost, mind you.

Honestly, if Trump wasn't an asshole and had actually put his business into a blind trust, he could have been like "I hope whoever owns it offers to host with no cost to the US." That might have been OK in my book.

But he is and he didn't.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 08:00:58 AM by Lorddave »

Lorddave

« Reply #16538 on: October 20, 2019, 09:32:29 AM »
I just realized something.

Trump offered the use of his club at a discount when he divested from it AND signed a butt load of contracts stating he would not talk about his business to the new owner: his son in law, who is also his advisor.

Do I have that right?

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • "Umm, WTF ???"
« Reply #16539 on: October 22, 2019, 02:58:53 AM »

Trump offered the use of his club at a discount when he divested from it AND signed a butt load of contracts stating he would not talk about his business to the new owner: his son in law, who is also his advisor.

Do I have that right?

sure.      ::)

amazing what people need to believe.
RE can never win this argument.
FE can't be disproved.

Lorddave

« Reply #16540 on: October 22, 2019, 05:02:24 AM »

Do I have that right?

sure.      ::)

amazing what people need to believe.

Believe what? 

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #16541 on: October 22, 2019, 08:52:48 AM »

Do I have that right?
He has not completely divested himself from the Trump Organization, nor are his interests in a blind trust.  Just making the offer to use his property (even for free) is a conflict of interest as it's free advertising for a business that he still owns.

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
« Reply #16542 on: October 22, 2019, 09:09:50 AM »
Let's not forget, he already stated his intentions previously:  "It's very possible that I could be the first presidential candidate to run and make money on it"
Quantum Ab Hoc

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
« Reply #16543 on: October 22, 2019, 09:11:50 AM »

I do but with the impeachment inquiry, someone probably mentioned how it would be used against him, successfully.  Even if he made it a 0 cost to America.

Not that I'd think he'd do it at 0 cost, mind you.

Honestly, if Trump wasn't an asshole and had actually put his business into a blind trust, he could have been like "I hope whoever owns it offers to host with no cost to the US." That might have been OK in my book.

But he is and he didn't.
Yeah it was definitely a move made out of fear. Its still surprising to me as his usual reaction to fear is not flight.
Quantum Ab Hoc

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #16544 on: October 23, 2019, 04:13:57 PM »
Is there anybody left who thinks Trump didn't try to extort Ukraine for dirt on the Bidens?

What about that late night phone call to Erdogan?  or the secret calls to MBS and Putin?   Anybody else think it's suspicious that the record of those calls has been hidden?

It feels like we are about to find out just how corrupt this administration really is.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #16545 on: October 23, 2019, 04:43:50 PM »
The Republican response has not been great.  The evidence is overwhelming.  Really the only thing that makes sense to argue is if this is enough to remove a president from office.  But I think Trump has a problem with Republicans saying he's actually done something wrong.  So they're left with this ridiculous process argument and doing shit like building human walls to prevent people from testifying.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #16546 on: October 23, 2019, 06:42:18 PM »
They are also pulling stunts like bringing phones in SCIF areas and barging into committee meetings they arent a part of, in protest of the impeachment.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #16547 on: October 23, 2019, 09:37:24 PM »

The party of Lincoln...

Shifter

• ASI
« Reply #16548 on: October 23, 2019, 10:44:03 PM »

The party of Lincoln...

Bringing a phone into a SCIF in clear violation of national security laws? Revoke all these dumbarse losers security clearences and apply whatever penalty is  there in place. Obviously without security clearence their job is lost.

These are meant to be people you look up to, who make the laws and run the country. What childish pathetic brats. Screw them all

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #16549 on: October 23, 2019, 11:21:33 PM »

The party of Lincoln...

Bringing a phone into a SCIF in clear violation of national security laws? Revoke all these dumbarse losers security clearences and apply whatever penalty is  there in place. Obviously without security clearence their job is lost.

These are meant to be people you look up to, who make the laws and run the country. What childish pathetic brats. Screw them all

Then they ordered pizza,  and sat around eating pizza,  left the place in a mess with pizza boxes scattered around.   

I wonder if the pizza dude had a phone? 

I'm a bit dissapointed they didn't order big macs,  Trump would have approved.

Shifter

• ASI
« Reply #16550 on: October 24, 2019, 01:15:41 AM »

The party of Lincoln...

Then they ordered pizza,  and sat around eating pizza,  left the place in a mess with pizza boxes scattered around.   

They talk about how Trump still has a lot of supporters in his 'base'. Even after shit like this, knowing their tax dollars pays for these fat cat losers while they are on struggle street. My God.... 'Base' is quite right in the following definition

morally low; without estimable personal qualities; dishonorable; meanspirited; selfish; cowardly. of little or no value; worthless

Because only someone of those qualities could still support such a loser and disgusting, contemptible party while that said party continues to kick them in the teeth

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #16551 on: October 24, 2019, 01:28:42 AM »

The party of Lincoln...

They talk about how Trump still has a lot of supporters in his 'base'. Even after shit like this, knowing their tax dollars pays for these fat cat losers while they are on struggle street. My God.... 'Base' is quite right in the following definition

morally low; without estimable personal qualities; dishonorable; meanspirited; selfish; cowardly. of little or no value; worthless

Because only someone of those qualities could still support such a loser and disgusting, contemptible party while that said party continues to kick them in the teeth

There will always be a far right and left, both are complete disgusting morons and losers.

It's funny, the only way to actually fix things and move forward in the country is a meeting in the middle. The majority of Americans would vote for a candidate in the center. A bipartisan person who cares for the country and it's populous.

However, the despicable trash that is running our country on both sides care not for anyone but themselves and their pocketbooks/power. The only way to get rich and powerful is right or left.

The center doesn't pay well
Quote from: Crutchwater
Quote from: FlatOrange
You can't murder a suicide victim
Tell that to Epstein!

Shifter

• ASI
« Reply #16552 on: October 24, 2019, 01:36:34 AM »

The party of Lincoln...

There will always be a far right and left, both are complete disgusting morons and losers.

It's funny, the only way to actually fix things and move forward in the country is a meeting in the middle. The majority of Americans would vote for a candidate in the center. A bipartisan person who cares for the country and it's populous.

However, the despicable trash that is running our country on both sides care not for anyone but themselves and their pocketbooks/power. The only way to get rich and powerful is right or left.

The center doesn't pay well

Another problem is America is run more like an Oligarchy. If you dont have money or cant find people willing to sponsor you, you have zero hope in getting anywhere in politics.

The centre is 'boring'. The extreme right/left is entertaining. People get riled up, MSM goes nuts reporting stupid shit while the 'sensible centre' gets no coverage because its common sense. It doesn't entertain.

America could be the greatest nation on the planet. The wealthiest. A leader in the field of science and progression. Instead, it has succumbed to, well this.

« Reply #16553 on: October 24, 2019, 08:24:32 AM »
America could be IS STILL the greatest nation on the planet FLAT EARTH PLANE.
FTFY...

NNTTM.
The NIST report(s) never went through what we would call peer review (Much like an FAA crash report doesn't either). But reports based upon NIST findings have.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #16554 on: October 24, 2019, 09:43:33 AM »

The party of Lincoln...

I wonder how big his base really is about now and how big it'll be this time next year (assuming that he stays in office that long).

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #16555 on: October 24, 2019, 10:33:29 AM »
The impeachment inquiry is apparently going to go public sometime in the next month or so. I wonder what the defense is going to be at the point when everyone can listen, watch, or read the testimony of these people directly.

The currently line of defense is a non-defense defense. "Trump is being treated so unfairly" "it's all being done in secret". I still find it amazing that not one single Republican on those 3 committees has come forward to give a substantial defense of the administration's actions.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #16556 on: October 24, 2019, 11:31:08 AM »
When it's public they'll most likely use the same strategy that they've been using so far.  Pretend like it's a hearing about some Trump aligned conspiracy theory.

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #16557 on: October 25, 2019, 12:11:16 AM »
So,  the Barr theory is that the DNC hacked themselves,  framing the Russians in the process,  so that Trump could win and then they would have the dirt to impeach him.

Does any rational being believe this?    Right wing loonies exempted.

I guess nobody would be surprised to hear that I think Putin is a genius.   

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #16558 on: October 25, 2019, 12:54:33 AM »

I would. I was under the impression you thought Putin was a moron (which he is the furthest from) like Trump.
Quote from: Crutchwater
Quote from: FlatOrange
You can't murder a suicide victim
Tell that to Epstein!

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #16559 on: October 25, 2019, 03:06:21 AM »

I would. I was under the impression you thought Putin was a moron (which he is the furthest from) like Trump.

Not at all,  he's played Trump to perfection. 

I should add, I don't think Trump is an idiot,  but he has some serious mental issues.