Dont want to lose a friend, help

• 25 Replies

Denspressure

• What do you, value?
Dont want to lose a friend, help
« on: November 10, 2020, 01:28:35 PM »
Help.

I don't know what to do.

My only friend and only person I really talk with for 9 years told me he loves me. But he lives in the USA so I told him we should find other people because long-distance relationship won't work I think.

Now he's saying he'll never feel happy again and that I should live my life without him and leave him alone.

But I need him in my life otherwise I'll have no friends, nobody. I feel heart broken. Too many emotions. I can't handle this before bed.

We are emotionally dependent on each other. We were very close and shared everything. Were also planning to go to a virtual furry convention on VR chat and have a great time. The closest thing we'll be to getting together.

Shit ):

Said I shouldn't call him again): I feel so confused and almost like crying. Such an emotional wreck
):

Lorddave

Re: Dont want to lose a friend, help
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 01:35:09 PM »
Can't help much but I can say this: I was in a long distance relationship and as long as the chance of meeting is there, it can work. 
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 02:35:44 PM »
Have you been in this long distance relationship for the whole 9 years? If you have, you should ask yourself why you are distancing yourself from him now that he's told you he loves you. What really changed?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 02:38:44 PM »
I'm in a long distance relationship.  I spend 2-3 months a year with her.  It can work.  Not going to say long distance doesn't make it harder, but it's not impossible.

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 03:06:55 PM »
Help.

I don't know what to do.

My only friend and only person I really talk with for 9 years told me he loves me. But he lives in the USA so I told him we should find other people because long-distance relationship won't work I think.

Now he's saying he'll never feel happy again and that I should live my life without him and leave him alone.

But I need him in my life otherwise I'll have no friends, nobody. I feel heart broken. Too many emotions. I can't handle this before bed.

We are emotionally dependent on each other. We were very close and shared everything. Were also planning to go to a virtual furry convention on VR chat and have a great time. The closest thing we'll be to getting together.

Shit ):

Said I shouldn't call him again): I feel so confused and almost like crying. Such an emotional wreck

Why did you push him away?   Saying stuff like "we should find other people"  is not going to help.   Seems like a self destructive impulse.

Seek proper help.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Jamie

• Number Archivist.
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 06:02:14 AM »
I think Space Cowgirl's right, friend.
There is a preverb in Turkish:  "Do not think everybody have beard is your grandfather".

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2020, 06:46:47 AM »

Sounds like you have been making a long distance relationship work for 9 years all ready, it seems he's just suggesting a different one?

You really should call him back - imagine what a mess he must be after opening his heart to you?

And as others have suggested, get some professional counselling to talk stuff through.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2020, 09:20:02 AM »

I'm a little confused here.  Is he into guys and you're not?  Is that the problem?  Sorry if I'm being obtuse about this.

If that isn't the problem then I think you might want to consider couples counselling.  I'm sure there must be counsellors that can work remotely with both of you through zoom.  They do a great job at breaking down barriers in communication.  They might help in repairing this relationship or at least clarifying things so that it's less painful for everyone.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2020, 01:34:18 AM »
Thanks for the PM about the films.
You could have mentioned this.  ;D

Everything is good and a bit scary.

Message him, you have literally everything to lose.
There is nothing to lose through communication.

Love you, buddy, good luck.
PM me.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2020, 02:25:21 AM »
Help.

I don't know what to do.

Shit ):

Nice copypasta, I like it. Suits your forum character pretty well tbh.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2020, 12:04:26 PM »
Help.

I don't know what to do.

Shit ):

I don't think this is a copy pasta, is it?
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2020, 12:29:22 PM »
Help.

I don't know what to do.

Shit ):

I don't think this is a copy pasta, is it?
At least it very much reads like most of the copy pasta I've read so far. If it's not, I suggest we make it copypasta now.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2020, 02:14:00 PM »
At least it very much reads like most of the copy pasta I've read so far. If it's not, I suggest we make it copypasta now.

If it's real, you might want to attempt having a little empathy.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2020, 07:11:04 AM »
Friends come and go, but a good enemy can last a lifetime.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2020, 06:41:46 PM »
Friends come and go, but a good enemy can last a lifetime.

That's because a good enemy will kill you quickly, therefore ensuring they so last your entire lifetime.

faded mike

• new world tattoo drill scar
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2020, 01:06:09 AM »
Maybe something changed or maybe that was just where things were headed.
" Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

I am not a druggy

faded mike

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2020, 01:07:14 AM »
In response to original post.
" Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

I am not a druggy

faded mike

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2020, 01:09:23 AM »
The good news is that if you live in a major city - you could probably meet ten people a day for ten years and still have ten times that left. Just think of all of the people you would really like out of all of those people and someof them must like you. Start talking to people and know that failure is not the end.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 01:14:56 AM by faded mike »
           -them

I am not a druggy

faded mike

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2020, 01:12:27 AM »
Also I have difficulty believing this isn't based on some misconception or misunderstanding - a rational thinking person should be able to understand and respect your position. But I'm possibly wrong.
           -them

I am not a druggy

faded mike

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2020, 05:54:10 PM »
I'm actually not a relationship guy.
           -them

I am not a druggy

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2020, 05:58:05 PM »
You have a wonderful relationship with the spackle mites!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

faded mike

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2020, 09:35:10 PM »
Your not suggesting I'm in league with.... the spackle mites...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 10:54:14 PM by faded mike »
           -them

I am not a druggy

faded mike

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2020, 09:36:27 PM »
By the way, i thought at first that the website being down was just my computer, but it actually crashed, right? I don't remeber exactly...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 10:38:37 PM by faded mike »
           -them

I am not a druggy

faded mike

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2020, 11:03:20 PM »
Ive been having so much computer trouble lately, i don't remember what happened.
           -them

I am not a druggy

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2020, 11:31:37 PM »
Website is down on avg 16h/day

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2020, 08:01:41 AM »
By the way, i thought at first that the website being down was just my computer, but it actually crashed, right? I don't remeber exactly...

It was down for a bit a couple days ago.