Murder of George Floyd

• 1148 Replies

Lorddave

Re: Murder of George Floyd
« Reply #1140 on: September 15, 2020, 01:52:48 PM »
I would like to think (or hope, anyway) that we still have time to get our shit together. I would prefer no more ambushes, and no more unjustified killings, etc, etc.

Honestly, I'm not sure.  We need a national voice at this point to stop it but it may be too late.  The people who want to burn and kill shit are in full force.

Obama had the Furguson riots and that was stopped there.  Trump had well... this, and America is burning.  Or at least bits of it. 

Some days I feel like this is "If Trump were president while Obama was, what would he do" because he's dealing with alot of similar issues.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1141 on: September 15, 2020, 03:22:15 PM »
I worry that Biden won't have as strong a voice as Obama did. He's just too fricking old. I think he will put some experts back in the government, especially where the coronavirus is concerned, and hopefully he will put decent people in other position, but I don't know if he has what it takes to calm everyone down.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1142 on: September 15, 2020, 04:56:53 PM »
If Trump could at least stop fanning the flames and start leading by example, then that could calm things down quite a lot.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 04:58:35 PM by markjo »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #1143 on: September 15, 2020, 08:55:14 PM »
If Trump could at least stop fanning the flames and start leading by example, then that could calm things down quite a lot.

Good luck when he sees all the chaos as advantageous to his re-election chances
RIP rabinoz. Forum legend

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #1144 on: September 23, 2020, 10:46:21 PM »
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54275346

Not sure how this decision seems from a police officer's perspective.

From my perspective as a civilian it sort of looks like armed gunmen can kick down your door and murder you and there's nothing you can do about it.  You can't call the police, they are the police.  If you attempt to defend yourself then you will be subject to a far longer sentence than these officers did.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Lorddave

« Reply #1145 on: September 23, 2020, 11:35:26 PM »
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54275346

Not sure how this decision seems from a police officer's perspective.

From my perspective as a civilian it sort of looks like armed gunmen can kick down your door and murder you and there's nothing you can do about it.  You can't call the police, they are the police.  If you attempt to defend yourself then you will be subject to a far longer sentence than these officers did.

Yep.  Because one of them may have had Drugs.  Not guns.  Not violent criminal activity: drugs.

Remember folks: being a cop means murder is ok.

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #1146 on: September 23, 2020, 11:47:17 PM »
I don't get why they can't have rubber bullets. At least if you make a mistake the consequences are unlikely to be fatal. I mean even if you're a bad guy getting shot at with rubber bullets is likely to put you down. The death penalty is for the judicial system to decide. Not some trigger happy moron cop

RIP rabinoz. Forum legend

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1147 on: Today at 06:53:56 AM »
Yep.  Because one of them may have had Drugs.  Not guns.  Not violent criminal activity: drugs.
It's not uncommon for drug dealers to have guns.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #1148 on: Today at 08:48:39 AM »
I don't get why they can't have rubber bullets. At least if you make a mistake the consequences are unlikely to be fatal. I mean even if you're a bad guy getting shot at with rubber bullets is likely to put you down. The death penalty is for the judicial system to decide. Not some trigger happy moron cop

Because if you put shots on target, and target doesnt die, there is a chance he could fire back.
Typcially the 1st shot is not an accident.
Typically more than 1 round is fired.

The issue is the willynilly trigger happy cops.
Or the jittery fearful of everything cops.
Or the plain down right racists looking to get paid to kill.