THE EARTH IS ROUND NOT FLAT.

• 24 Replies
THE EARTH IS ROUND NOT FLAT.
« on: July 05, 2016, 09:13:59 AM »
We all know that the Earth is round not flat. Many of you say that NASA lies and we never went into space. Well then how do you use the GPS in your car? How do you use your telephone? How do you know the weather and climate. Well[2] its because we have Satellites.

So stop believing in flat Earth and start believing in Round Earth.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
Re: THE EARTH IS ROUND NOT FLAT.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 09:24:09 AM »
Wow. Those arguments have been given countless times before, but never with such elegance, never with such convincing detail.

Seriously, if you think REers haven't made the same arguments hundreds of times you're an idiot. You're even more of one if you think an all-caps name and a complete lack of any substantive posting is going to make a difference.

This may not be the site for you.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 10:56:12 AM »
We all know that the Earth is round not flat. Many of you say that NASA lies and we never went into space. Well then how do you use the GPS in your car? How do you use your telephone? How do you know the weather and climate. Well[2] its because we have Satellites.

Jane actually believes earth is round, even though from her/his answer it's not obvious. But I agree with Jane. Earth's not flat, but your arguments have been presented countless times in the past. Also satellites don't have that much to do with phones.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 11:41:02 AM »

Jane actually believes earth is round, even though from her/his answer it's not obvious. But I agree with Jane. Earth's not flat, but your arguments have been presented countless times in the past. Also satellites don't have that much to do with phones.
And show the earth is round, observe the path of the sun from multiple locations.

Pezevenk

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 11:45:18 AM »

And show the earth is round, observe the path of the sun from multiple locations.

I don't understand what you are asking me. Are you asking me to show earth is round? Why are you asking me to observe the path of sun from multiple locations?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 01:47:47 PM »
I don't understand what you are asking me. Are you asking me to show earth is round? Why are you asking me to observe the path of sun from multiple locations?
Inquisitive never makes sense, I wouldn't bother. One of the lazier REers.

Yep, Earth is round, but doesn't mean REers can't be idiots too.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 01:55:11 PM »
Helping out with the forum slide duties eh 'Jane'?

Lol at 'John & Jane' too...

Both from JREF, perhaps?

What an obvious fraud this forum is; tell me, did James Randi himself advise you on setting it up?
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 02:41:36 PM »

Both from JREF, perhaps?

What an obvious fraud this forum is; tell me, did James Randi himself advise you on setting it up?
Not even bothering to have a point anymore Papa.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 02:55:48 PM »
Y'all don't have to give these lazy RE trolls the time of day.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 03:18:09 PM »
Not even bothering to have a point anymore Papa.
It's possible he's accusing me of being James Randi. I'll take it.

Y'all don't have to give these lazy RE trolls the time of day.
Just saving you the trouble. Generally they're the kind of person that pop up to complain "Look, no FEer responded to my tedious arguments, I win!" so someone needs to shut them up.

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 09:29:53 AM »
how dare you put into question flat earth theory it is obviously true only idiots like you cant see that the earth is flat i mean does it look round? its all a conspiracy please believe flat earth theory its true i promise

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 10:47:24 AM »
The earth is a globe and I can prove it..........I have come up with an experiment that anyone can try at home. I tried this at ground level as well as atop a grain elevator. If you don't already own one get yourself a telescope wait untill you see the sun go down I mean fully down and then at that very second look through the telescope at where the sun should be and it is not there every time. Why??? Because the earth is a ball and it is down below your point of view. If the earth was flat you could still see it.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 10:51:35 AM »
The earth is a globe and I can prove it..........I have come up with an experiment that anyone can try at home. I tried this at ground level as well as atop a grain elevator. If you don't already own one get yourself a telescope wait untill you see the sun go down I mean fully down and then at that very second look through the telescope at where the sun should be and it is not there every time. Why??? Because the earth is a ball and it is down below your point of view. If the earth was flat you could still see it.
There are issues with the sunset, but that's not one of them. According to FET the Sun's like a spotlight, so once it's a large enough horizontal distance away there's no way to see the lit part.

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2016, 10:55:16 AM »
There are issues with the sunset, but that's not one of them. According to FET the Sun's like a spotlight, so once it's a large enough horizontal distance away there's no way to see the lit part.

I don't understand if a boat goes below the horizon and the flat earthers say you can still see it with a telescope then why not the sun which is higher and much bigger??

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2016, 12:05:51 PM »

I don't understand if a boat goes below the horizon and the flat earthers say you can still see it with a telescope then why not the sun which is higher and much bigger??
Only some FEers say that, others have lots of talk about refraction, but regardless if a boat's at the same level as you you're only ever going to see the side. The Sun, as it's above us, we usually see the bottom of it. When it's far enough away we mainly see the side (as it's a spotlight under FET) with or without a telescope, and so couldn't see it as it's not lit up.

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2016, 12:08:02 PM »
***** DO NOT LOOK AT THE SUN WITH A TELESCOPE - EVER *****
(At best, take pictures through a solar filter)

The FE Sun is special/magical.

1) Being supposedly somehow 3000 mi UP, it is not at sea-level.
2) Also being ~20° up at sunrise/sunset, it still sets somehow.
3) Also being 1/4 of the Earth NE (sunrise) or NW (sunset) on the equinox, a person on the equator sees it rising due east and setting due west somehow.
4) It NEEDS a "spotlight" effect or everyone on Earth would see it. Actually EVERYTHING in the sky has the "spotlight" effect to different degrees depending on where it is in the sky. For example, as some stars and the Moon and planets are at or travel through the same place as the Sun (the Ecliptic), at that time they must have the same effect. It is only round a couple days of the year and has a "perfectly" straight line at the equinox (quite amazing) and is an "anti-spotlight" a part of the year:

5) All these have to happen within a few thousand miles between the Sun and the observer.

There are individual ad hoc explanations for these. BTW, FEers don't use telescopes - too revealing.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 12:16:48 PM by Jadyyn »
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2016, 12:14:40 PM »

But I don't have a grain elevator.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Pezevenk

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2016, 02:22:27 PM »

Both from JREF, perhaps?

OH NO!!! THEY HAVE THE LETTER J IN THEIR NAMES!!! THERE MUST BE A CONSPIRACY!!!!!

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2016, 02:33:24 PM »

OH NO!!! THEY HAVE THE LETTER J IN THEIR NAMES!!! THERE MUST BE A CONSPIRACY!!!!!
Definitely Not Official
Papa Legba

Something you want to tell us?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2016, 02:59:39 PM »
You have cracked the code!

Pezevenk

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2016, 03:17:47 PM »

Definitely Not Official
Papa Legba

I confess, I killed the real Legba and now his rotting corpse is situated in my basement alongside those of the real jroa, the real sceptimatic, the real sandokhan, the real Adolf Hitler, and a pizza delivery guy. The accounts you see are just faulty AI gone rogue. I tried to replace them with AI to spread misinformation, but sadly they broke down and now just spew out random bullshit.

I surrender myself to justice. I deserve a punishment for my deeds.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2016, 04:02:43 PM »

You're on this forum, that's punishment enough.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2016, 05:31:30 PM »

Definitely Not Official
Papa Legba

I confess, I killed the real Legba and now his rotting corpse is situated in my basement alongside those of the real jroa, the real sceptimatic, the real sandokhan, the real Adolf Hitler, and a pizza delivery guy. The accounts you see are just faulty AI gone rogue. I tried to replace them with AI to spread misinformation, but sadly they broke down and now just spew out random bullshit.

Somehow I think that the "Legba AI" and the "sceptimatic AI" accidently got the same programming, just a slightly different UI.

Pezevenk

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2016, 05:09:33 AM »

Definitely Not Official
Papa Legba

Somehow I think that the "Legba AI" and the "sceptimatic AI" accidently got the same programming, just a slightly different UI.

They are essentially the same, only sceptimatic runs on Windows Millennium.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2016, 05:37:47 AM »

Definitely Not Official
Papa Legba

They are essentially the same, only sceptimatic runs on Windows Millennium.
And I guess sceptimatic caught that bug that only only infects AI's - the "millenium bug".