what's left now?

• 242 Replies

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: what's left now?
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2016, 05:15:37 PM »
infinite plane is actually quite a new one.. used when flat earthers wrongly quoted Admiral Byrd after his Antarctica expedition, dismissed by most flat earthers now anyway

even though in the video he clearly says, more than once 'the continent of Antarctica'

The infinite plane theory goes back to Rowbotham.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2016, 05:21:16 PM »
Non-Euclidean flat surfaces include the surfaces of spheres. That's why I brought up that example. And you did dismiss it. Look, we're not on different sides of this issue. It's just your presentation that I've had trouble with. I'll play devil's advocate with my 17-year-old when he takes an uninformed position on an issue (or sometimes, when he takes an informed position and surprises me with the level of thought he puts into his responses) to encourage him to think, whether I think he's right or wrong. Just taking a side and attacking the opposing view doesn't involve any sort of insight - it's groupthink. Researching something for years, though, tends to open the door for one to make a long-winded and well thought out reply to a question regarding something like the shape of the Earth. So I anticipated less hostility and more insight when I challenged your position.

The ball-dragging reference had more to do with your over-self-confidence than an unwillingness to answer a question.

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2016, 06:35:26 PM »
it doesn't matter what the evidence is, if it disproves a theory, the theory needs addressing

its not over confidence, it's 'knowledge'

again, that's what research and testing gives you.. answers

not blind guessing.. like some of these on the spot explanations

here goes, the earth is a diamond shape and there's 6 corners.. no one's ever seen the corners but no one has proved me wrong, so I'm claiming it as fact

would that be valid as a theory?
do you think I could gain a following?

the flat earth heirachy have well and truly manipulated a following of gullible people

boydster

• Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2016, 07:02:26 PM »
Holy cow. You asked me to explain what it was I asked you to look into. I did. You are now deflecting to some other idea about a diamond shaped Earth AND asking me if I'll tell you again what I said before?  ???

Is this a joke? Are you my kid, and you are now messing with me on an online forum for kicks?? Because THAT would be hilarious. And very well played.

You:
...are you willing to explain what you want me to look into, I'm not dismissing or ignoring...

Me:
Non-Euclidean flat surfaces include the surfaces of spheres. That's why I brought up that example.

I'm not going to keep posting the same thing. It's tiring for me. I'm sure no one else wants to keep reading it.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2016, 11:55:34 PM »
Stop being ridiculous. There are thousands of posts on this forum discussing all these things you bring up. It doesn't require bravery to post on a forum.

Why don't you tell us who these "elite" are who have convinced us the earth is flat. If you're brave enough.

Well, it's definitely not an elite, but there are people who've done it to get money or fame.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2016, 12:37:53 AM »
Holy cow. You asked me to explain what it was I asked you to look into. I did. You are now deflecting to some other idea about a diamond shaped Earth AND asking me if I'll tell you again what I said before?  ???

Is this a joke? Are you my kid, and you are now messing with me on an online forum for kicks?? Because THAT would be hilarious. And very well played.

You:
...are you willing to explain what you want me to look into, I'm not dismissing or ignoring...

Me:
Non-Euclidean flat surfaces include the surfaces of spheres. That's why I brought up that example.

I'm not going to keep posting the same thing. It's tiring for me. I'm sure no one else wants to keep reading it.

I've answered you twice

if I understand correctly, then the lunar eclipse shadow instantly disproves his model, he claims a 'finite plane', which is NOT what we see with our eyes, the flat earth explanation for the lunar eclipse doesn't stand up to testing

I read it, it stated a plane, therefore it has a major flaw.. the lunar eclipse.. I'm sure I said that in my last response

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2016, 12:53:33 AM »
its simply just another flat earther who's been proven wrong about the curve, so instead of admitting defeat, he's made up a theory on the spot to account for the 'clearly testable' curve

once again, changing the basis of the whole theory to fit is a ridiculous thing to do

try telling the rest of the flat earthers that there's now a curve!

his theory is a made up on the spot theory, I've not seen anything to make this seem like it's even worth a discussion, even if it's a slightly curved flat plane, that's not what we witness during the lunar eclipse

its got as much going for it as my diamond.. absolutely nothing

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2016, 04:49:25 AM »
its simply just another flat earther who's been proven wrong about the curve, so instead of admitting defeat, he's made up a theory on the spot to account for the 'clearly testable' curve

once again, changing the basis of the whole theory to fit is a ridiculous thing to do

try telling the rest of the flat earthers that there's now a curve!

his theory is a made up on the spot theory, I've not seen anything to make this seem like it's even worth a discussion, even if it's a slightly curved flat plane, that's not what we witness during the lunar eclipse

its got as much going for it as my diamond.. absolutely nothing
I think the only "True Believer" among those answering you is: and since she's the "Official FE Recruiter" you'd better watch that you don't get signed up!
The rest are just appalled at your attitude.

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2016, 05:28:26 AM »
I don't believe for one second that she believes the earth is flat

she's just a wind up merchant trying to get people annoyed

she mustn't have much going on at home and definitely not got much going on upstairs

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2016, 05:29:54 AM »
plus they can think what they like about my attitude, my evidence speaks for itself

the theory is over, I'm now just wondering WHY people still claim to believe the flat earth theory when all the evidence is staring them in the face

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2016, 06:09:21 AM »
boydster is wise beyond his years. 

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2016, 06:12:34 AM »
plus they can think what they like about my attitude, my evidence speaks for itself

the theory is over, I'm now just wondering WHY people still claim to believe the flat earth theory when all the evidence is staring them in the face
I doubt there is more than just a handful of real FE believers here. Most people simply are here to debate "If a FE existed" or just trolls ("poking the bear" just for the fun of it - look at jroa's initial posts from 2011). I would not be surprised if debate teachers/professors send their students here to take the underdog position of a FE. Possibly governments may do this also. As I have said several times before, the FE concept is slavery and has no benefits. FEers believe Antarctica is "off-limits" and no space travel. What a wonderful "theory" to keep people from trying to go there or even think about it.

So, no matter how much actual evidence in the real world (reality) you present, the FE concept will not go away. The same arguments, presented over and over and over again will continue. There are debate tactics like letting any good arguments just "roll off" or derailing.
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2016, 06:27:58 AM »
@jadyyn

Admiral Byrd went on that expedition to Antarctica, he reported masses of natural resources and stated he expected lots more expeditions to follow

instead, shortly after, the Antarctic treaty was signed, the massive ice shelf was renamed 'The Rockefeller Plateau'..

..and the flat earth theory started doing the rounds again

it's almost obvious, as I've stated before, that the flat earth theory is simply a distraction from the secrets of Antarctica

that's my only opinion

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2016, 07:48:05 AM »
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2016, 10:07:39 AM »
boydster is wise beyond his years.

He's one of us, someday he'll realize the flatness.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2016, 10:18:35 AM »
Yeah that probably won't happen. But then, if there was some convincing evidence, I'm not opposed to changing my views. It just seems like a really tough task for someone to overturn all the reasons to stand by the globe model. I mean, IT FREAKING WORKS MAN! There are maps of the whole thing, distances make sense, airplane routes make sense, gravity makes sense, cosmology makes sense... the list goes on.

FE has.......      ....... denpressure....? UA? Look out your window? OH! And millions of people involved in a huge lie spanning potentially thousands of years. It's a tough pill to swallow, as it stands presently.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2016, 10:23:29 AM »
He is almost there.  I can see his mind getting flatter as we speak. 

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2016, 10:25:30 AM »
He is almost there.  I can see his mind getting flatter as we speak.

I'm going to commune with the lunas tonight, I will ask them to show him the way.

« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2016, 10:37:52 AM »
..if there was some convincing evidence, I'm not opposed to changing my views..

and now it all starts to become clear as to why you're dismissing absolute evidence as 'nearly' evidence

I've been there, I was shown a lot of flat earth 'proofs' and it blew me away.. I showed a few people, explained a few things that seem unanswerable to those who haven't researched (flight paths, skylines, doctored photos of earth, angular sun rays)..
but after MUCH research and cross examination, a few tests and owning a pair of eyes, I got answers

there's irrefutable evidence of a globe earth and absolutely zero for a flat earth

just a load of jokers with no answers and a select few with thorough explanations, unfortunately with very visible major flaws in their experiments/explanations

the earth is a globe and the universe is beautiful

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2016, 10:42:16 AM »
Of course you would say that if you close your eyes and ignore the mountains of evidence that goes against your indoctrination. 

« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2016, 10:49:48 AM »
Of course you would say that if you close your eyes and ignore the mountains of evidence that goes against your indoctrination.

mountains of evidence?

where?

there's absolutely zero evidence supporting a flat earth.. evidence ends speculation and answers questions.. flat earthers don't even AGREE on the the theory

indoctrination? that's quite offensive to be quite honest
do you hear me citing nasa or going off anyone else's findings? no, I give you explanations and evidence that you can TEST YOURSELF

cognitive dissonance

boydster

• Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2016, 10:55:18 AM »
..if there was some convincing evidence, I'm not opposed to changing my views..

and now it all starts to become clear as to why you're dismissing absolute evidence as 'nearly' evidence

I've been there, I was shown a lot of flat earth 'proofs' and it blew me away.. I showed a few people, explained a few things that seem unanswerable to those who haven't researched (flight paths, skylines, doctored photos of earth, angular sun rays)..
but after MUCH research and cross examination, a few tests and owning a pair of eyes, I got answers

there's irrefutable evidence of a globe earth and absolutely zero for a flat earth

just a load of jokers with no answers and a select few with thorough explanations, unfortunately with very visible major flaws in their experiments/explanations

the earth is a globe and the universe is beautiful

Where did I dismiss evidence? You are here saying you are entirely closed minded on the issue. That's not science. Don't pretend like it is. The hallmark of any theory is that it is, in fact, refutable (falsifiable). As more and more supporting evidence from different, unrelated sources is found, the theory becomes more and more likely to be an accurate description of reality. But that doesn't mean one should stop trying to learn more, and that necessarily means leaving the door open to being proven wrong eventually. Seems entirely unlikely to happen though with the globe model, though.

As for your last line, I'm inclined to agree with you.

Well, hello, pot. Have you met kettle yet?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2016, 10:56:20 AM »
Your scientists can not agree about your own "Gravity" theory.  By your logic, that makes it BS, right?

boydster

• Planar Moderator
  • FREEDOIS IS ᗡIИIRG!
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2016, 10:59:43 AM »
Your scientists can not agree about your own "Gravity" theory.  By your logic, that makes it BS, right?

I have scientists?! Which ones do I get? THIS IS SUCH A GREAT DAY!

« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2016, 11:06:31 AM »

haha nice try, well, poor try to be honest

no, I didn't say that the reason the flat earth theory is over is BECAUSE you all can't agree with each other

It's over because of the evidence

- the lunar eclipse
- no north star visible from deep in the southern hemisphere
- constellations further above the horizon in the northern hemisphere than in the southern hemisphere
- meteors

and something that is not irrefutable but absolutely improbable is the amount of people who would have to be in on the lie.. from astrophysicists, to amateur photographers, pilots to navigators, even celebrities have been into space.. but they're all in on it?

if I personally zoomed in to see the ISS, I'd automatically be 'one of them'?

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2016, 12:49:33 PM »
I don't know about "indoctrination". That means you don't question beliefs. I think most REers do question them but actually get answers that make sense. These then become a relatively solid theory - heliocentric spherical Earth model. This can be and is taught in schools. You can call it "indoctrination" or just "common sense" supported by "mountains of evidence".

I can see why FEers can not be indoctrinated. There is nothing to indoctrinate. Every FEer has their own "theory" that is wrong. They are "free thinkers" making up stuff as they go along. What would you teach children in school?

When a child asks "where am I on Earth?", having no map, the FEer would say "after THOUSANDS of years, we still don't know. All we can be sure of is that the N.Pole is in the middle because there is an Antarctica conspiracy. We don't know distances. Although we go on ships and planes that use RE maps/globes, we don't believe in them".

If a child asks "what is the shape of the Earth?". The FEer would say "after THOUSANDS of years, we are not sure if it is a disk or plane, just that it is flat because it looks flat out my window".

If a child asks "what is the shape of the sky?", the FEer would say, "after THOUSANDS of year, we are not sure. It may be a dome, but we don't know how high it is or what it is made of. We are not sure how high the Sun or Moon are. Some people think they are flat disks, others spherical. We don't know what causes phases or eclipses. Some people believe they are Moonshramps. As today we don't use telescopes and we are really not interested in astronomy, we don't have the knowledge they had THOUSANDS of years ago."

And this what you would have us teach in schools? Really?
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2016, 02:37:03 PM »
Where did I dismiss evidence? You are here saying you are entirely closed minded on the issue. That's not science. Don't pretend like it is. The hallmark of any theory is that it is, in fact, refutable (falsifiable). As more and more supporting evidence from different, unrelated sources is found, the theory becomes more and more likely to be an accurate description of reality. But that doesn't mean one should stop trying to learn more, and that necessarily means leaving the door open to being proven wrong eventually. Seems entirely unlikely to happen though with the globe model, though.

As for your last line, I'm inclined to agree with you.
Personally Johnorbital sounds like just a troll. And you bit the bait by continuing to respond to his posts. :)

« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2016, 03:26:21 PM »
providing evidence and requesting a discussion.. ON A FORUM..

I, personally, wouldn't know how to tie that in with trolling

but I've said many times, I've been doing this a long time, I'm used to that approach to people with valid points.. its called 'a defence mechanism'

all I've asked is to discuss my points, I've had very little back

« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2016, 12:48:59 AM »

According to wiki:
Earth has a diameter of 12742

In Romania if you are on Bucegi Plateau you can see the Black Sea).
Bucegi is at 2.4 km from sea level.
Black sea is of about 400 km from Bucegi Plateau.
Made you a sketch in AutoCAD.

If Earth was round, you can see only what's in 88 km... after that, everything should had disappeared... but.. actually you can still see the SEA !!

This is fun :))