What actual evidence for FE is there?

• 51 Replies
?

Jadyyn

Re: What actual evidence for FE is there?
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2016, 05:36:36 AM »
It does seem RE believers welcome their own perceptions of reality as truth even though there is a stronger foundation of truth within FET. Observation of what is real as opposed to what is gleaned within closed doors of a lab is a good comparison of proper fact finding, as demonstrated ITT.

No matter how many more pages of RET that are written and stacked up on their predecessors, FET always has and always will have the edge when it comes to quality of evidence.
As I keep saying, amateur astronomy (visual/photographic) supports/proves or falsifies/disproves /destroys/annihilates all Earth models. You can not fake the sky as people can and do look at it and photograph it (i.e. "Observation of what is real").

1) All celestial objects (e.g. stars) have celestial coordinates (declination and ascension) that correspond to Earth coordinates - specifically declination (sky) = latitude (Earth) EXACTLY (See Explanation - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declination).

An object (star) at 40° N declination "paints" the 40° N latitude on Earth in 24 hrs. Per declination/latitude, the N. Celestial Pole (~Polaris) is a single point above a single point N.Pole 90° N - the farthest north you can go in the sky and on Earth (everyone facing these is facing due north). Per declination/latitude, the Celestial Equator (0°) is above the Earth equator and is the largest circle (star trails) in the sky and therefore should be the largest circle on Earth. The S. Celestial Pole (SCP ~Sigma Octantis) is a single point that per declination/latitude, should be (and is) above a single point S.Pole 90° S - the farthest south you can go in the sky and on Earth (everyone facing these is facing due south). Sorry, that is the geometry of it. ANY model of the Earth MUST have ONE SINGLE POINT S.Pole below the SCP by definition of rotating bodies. Where is it on a FE?
(https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66457.0)

2) When anyone faces the SCP, per declination/latitude, they are facing due south. If you draw a horizontal line through the SCP in the image below, ALL the stars below it are on the OPPOSITE side of the Earth from the observer. On a RE, you are simply looking past the SCP/S.Pole at them. On a FE, they are BEHIND you 10,000+ mi. How can you see them?

So RE has VERY solid direct evidence - FE has none. How does FE have "a stronger foundation of truth" when it can not and does not describe what is seen south of the equator by people living there (a FE is TOTALLY unfriendly/wrong to people living south of the equator - everything is wrong for them)?

"Observation of what is real" is looking at and photographing the SCP by definition. It demonstrates that the FE concept is false and RE concept is true.

PLEASE provide this "quality of evidence" that FEF has (FE FANTASY - it is no way a theory although FEers like to deceive people into thinking it is. It is "imagination unrestricted by reality" - https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=64810.msg1728305#msg1728305)? Please provide your SCP evidence.

The FE concept is a FANTASY. The only evidence, like the concept, is in the minds of its followers/debaters.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 05:45:10 AM by Jadyyn »
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2016, 05:49:03 AM »
a nasa photo of earth?
holy moly jimbo you're brave! lol
I don't think that's from NASA, try Japan Meteorological Agency!
Very useful if you kive in Australia!

With infra-red and false colour, it's dark here now! On July 3rd, 2016 at 12:30 UTC
Satellite imagery from the Himawari series of geostationary meteorological satellite.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 02:07:17 PM by rabinoz »

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2016, 06:33:47 AM »
you won't get many responses to that kind of logic, maybe Space Cowgirl will come in with something along the lines of 'you're completely wrong, that's not evidence, that's your opinion'
..but I've said the same for a long time.. you can't see the north star from deep in the southern hemisphere and constellations are further above the horizon in the northern hemisphere than in the southern hemisphere

they just dismiss it
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 07:10:59 AM by johnnyorbital »

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2016, 07:10:17 AM »
I like pictures like this one, that show what happens at the celestial equator. Compare to shots taken of the NCP and SCP, and you can really see how this kind of motion makes the most sense on a globe.

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2016, 07:40:48 AM »
a nasa photo of earth?
It's from the Japanese Meteorological Agency.  It takes a photo of earth every 10 minutes.

http://www.jma.go.jp/en/gms/
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2016, 08:44:01 AM »
I am not convinced that an ant can see enough far away detail as to be capable of determining the shape of the horizon.

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2016, 08:49:52 AM »
I am not convinced that an ant can see enough far away detail as to be capable of determining the shape of the horizon.

but you understand my point right?
yes ants detect light blah blah blah but the fact remains, just because it's perceived to be flat, doesn't mean it is

like the sun rays, the sun is quite clearly perceived as just above the clouds, but we know that it's not by simply walking in any direction

@boydster - awesome photo!

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2016, 09:50:32 AM »
So, we can agree then that an ant has no way to tell whether he is on a boulder or a table.  Well, thank the Gods that is settled. 

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2016, 10:11:52 AM »
You want me to back up my claim that the earth looks flat from my window?
Yes.  Unless you live in orbit, I fail to see how you can see a sufficient portion of the planet to make any judgement on it's shape.  You could say "the landscape looks flat from my window", but that's about it.  Can you really see the entire earth?

You are not in space and you've made a judgment on its shape.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2016, 10:43:52 AM »
So, we can agree then that an ant has no way to tell whether he is on a boulder or a table.  Well, thank the Gods that is settled.

and we can also agree that IF (obvious reasons) the earth is a globe, that we wouldn't be able to tell by just looking out of the window, or standing on a beach, or up a mountain, or in a plane.. due to its size..

right?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2016, 10:46:43 AM »
Because an ant can't tell the difference?  ???

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2016, 10:56:13 AM »
Because an ant can't tell the difference?  ???

Holy shyzen! has Space Cowgirl hacked your account? why does the simplest of questions create such confusion among you all?

diversion diversion diversion

but MY attitude is a problem? I'm surprised irony hasn't imploded in on itself

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM »
Yes.  Unless you live in orbit, I fail to see how you can see a sufficient portion of the planet to make any judgement on it's shape.  You could say "the landscape looks flat from my window", but that's about it.  Can you really see the entire earth?

Not by "looking out of my window" I haven't, which was my entire point.  ::)

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2016, 03:16:55 PM »

I think you should spend more time looking out your window. Maybe you'd be less crabby.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2016, 08:53:23 PM »

I think you should spend more time looking out your window. Maybe you'd be less crabby.

You should actually go outside and down to a Florida beach and watch a real sunrise!

How can a "not perfectly transparent" atmosphere ever explain a circular coming uo from behind the horizon, sight on time, every time?
This is sunset not sunrise, but I hope you get the picture.
Sometimes I find it hard to believe that any Flat Earther has ever really seen a sunrise or sunset.
Wider Spacing
Are you really going to claim that the sun in these photos is simply being hidden by the "dirty atmosphere"!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2016, 09:13:20 AM »
Real Floridians avoid going outside in July. Have you seen the fricking mosquitoes down here?  :P

« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2016, 10:47:45 AM »
Real Floridians avoid going outside in July. Have you seen the fricking mosquitoes down here?  :P
No, and I'm not likely to.  Florida is about 50th on my list of US states to visit.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2016, 10:59:04 AM »
No, and I'm not likely to.  Florida is about 50th on my list of US states to visit.

Well, I don't blame you. It's disgustingly hot and humid, plus we've got zika mosquitoes already  >:(

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2016, 02:29:28 PM »

Well, I don't blame you. It's disgustingly hot and humid, plus we've got zika mosquitoes already  >:(

Come to Greece then. No zika here, but plenty of sea.   
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2016, 10:02:07 PM »
So the only "Zetetic" evidence real Floridians have of a Flat Earth is is looks flat through a closed window.
Sounds about right! Or do you ask the mosquitoes?

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2016, 11:53:30 AM »
So the only "Zetetic" evidence real Floridians have of a Flat Earth is is looks flat through a closed window.

I wouldn't be surprised if I found out Space Cowgirl talks to mosquitoes in her free time.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2016, 01:02:02 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if I found out Space Cowgirl talks to mosquitoes in her free time.

well she believes in Lunas. That says everything.