Zoom back objects from behind the horizon - 3500 euro for the first video

• 25 Replies
Just Had enough of this stupid "you can zoom back stuffs from behind the horizon" nonsense.

So here is my third challenge for FE-ers (my first and second one are  still standing as a statue of Flat Earth failure : https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66967.0 , https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=67031.0 )

3500 euro covered by paypal for the winner or the debunker of my challenge :

Present an unedited video where a ship is clearly showed in hull down position with a clearly visible upper deck and mast like in the picture, the task is to zoom it back to view fully. As simple and straightforward as it can. Go for it!

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Looks like waves that are relatively closer are covering up part of the ship that is relatively farther.  Perhaps you have no understanding about perspective? 

Looks like waves that are relatively closer are covering up part of the ship that is relatively farther.  Perhaps you have no understanding about perspective?

So now ships didn't even go behind horizon ? :D No magical perspective obscure stuffs from the bottom ?

A raw video for you same phenomena :

The breakdown of the video

i'am perfectly understand and use perspective, do you ? What is your claim regarding perspective ?

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
To get the 3500, doI have to make the video or just link it on here.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

To get the 3500, doI have to make the video or just link it on here.

As you wish, a video described in the challenge wins.

In the raw video the ship never dips fully behind the horizon, it does start fading away due to unclear air
Confirmed trolls to ignore:
Mousewalker-Denies fisheye lenses used in videos
Sokarul-tries to equate wide angle lens with a fisheye lens
Definitely not official-tries to equate wide angle lens with a fisheye lens

The individual waves at the horizon/waterline look like they should obscure no more than 1/4 of one of the ship's decks.  That is a pretty large swell that is bringing the individual waves up higher than the camera.  Perhaps there was a tsunami that day.  I hope Pitdroidtech (the member here that originally took those pictures) survived.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot

3500 euro covered by paypal for the winner . . .

How much does that equal in money?

The individual waves at the horizon/waterline look like they should obscure no more than 1/4 of one of the ship's decks.  That is a pretty large swell that is bringing the individual waves up higher than the camera.  Perhaps there was a tsunami that day.
In jroa's world every body of water has a permanent 30m tsunami on it.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=346u96q&s=9

here, from a 'the earth is flat' video on youtube

watch it, he's explaining that you can see a lighthouse, in this frame he's panned left, he sees the TOPS of those buildings (I've screenshotted at the perfect time), then he quickly pans back to the right

THE TOPS OF BUILDINGS!!

so, unless that is a partially submerged city, the video proves a curve, while trying to disprove it!

Just thought I'd share this with you ;)

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=346u96q&s=9

here, from a 'the earth is flat' video on youtube

watch it, he's explaining that you can see a lighthouse, in this frame he's panned left, he sees the TOPS of those buildings (I've screenshotted at the perfect time), then he quickly pans back to the right

THE TOPS OF BUILDINGS!!

Every time these idiots do this all they show is how the world is round.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist

This post combined with your username and your profile picture physically repulses me for some reason, please don't do it ever again.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer

This post combined with your username and your profile picture physically repulses me for some reason, please don't do it ever again.
I don't know that moose are known for their looks or genial nature, and bull moose tend to be full of "it"!

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot

Because you said please, I will never again combine this post
with my username and profile picture.

It can't be done, there are only a small handful of places that produce lenses these days, all of them embed holographic projectors to make it look like a round earth.
Turkish joke. A prisoner goes to the jail's library to borrow a book. The librarian says: "We don't have this book, but we have its author"

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist

Because you said please, I will never again combine this post
with my username and profile picture.

Thank you.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

?

Kami

It can't be done, there are only a small handful of places that produce lenses these days, all of them embed holographic projectors to make it look like a round earth.
Technology has gotten far these days.. Calculating the distance to the object (perhaps via laser/radar?), calculating the apparent dip of the horizon, altering the picture so that it looks like expected on a round earth, all in real-time.
Of course, lenses are clear, so the technology implanted there is invisible as well.
Would love to buy one of those lenses.

I was hoping for some videos by now.  I wonder if anyone is still searching for one that shows that effect.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
I was hoping for some videos by now.  I wonder if anyone is still searching for one that shows that effect.
Surely
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxFLAT_IS_TRUTH,
ex-globe,
John Davis,
JohnRozz (oh, he abdicated),
jroa,
sceptimatic,
Space Cowgirl (hardly, if she gores outside the alligators will carry her away, or was that mosquitoes?, )
Charming Anarchist (maybe not - it would be upside-down),
Triddles, I'm sure his "caloric field" would lift the boat, and finally
FlyingPig (thought "pig's might fly" first!
can come up with something!
What about it all you Flat Earth Aficionados!
Otherwise we'll be forced to believe that ships really do disappear behind the horizon!
As seafarers have told us from those ancient Greeks onwards.

Funny thing, that most of the FE ers I discuss online claim this phenomena the most important thing that made them flat earthers, They all experienced that they can bring back everything from behind the horizon, with scopes and zoom cameras. Interesting.

But where is the videos of this ?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
How many FE'ers do you talk to online?  Are you talking about youtubers? Lol

How many FE'ers do you talk to online?  Are you talking about youtubers? Lol

It is really just a fun fact, don't take it personally or something, but the bulk of Fe ers on facebook and youtube are have this strong opinion that they can zoom back everything if they want and perspective causes things to disappear from the bottom, because they approaching the vanishing point and they illustrate  this with videos from ground perspective when a guy walks behind the uneven surface of a football field or parking lot, or with a tiny boat thats angular size suddenly drops below the angular resolution of the ccd camera when they zoom back from it.

Real problem is the complete lack of working perspective model on Flat earth, and the total failure to explain the horizon phenomenons.

So now ships didn't even go behind horizon ? :D No magical perspective obscure stuffs from the bottom ?

A raw video for you same phenomena :

The breakdown of the video

i'am perfectly understand and use perspective, do you ? What is your claim regarding perspective ?

I had my doubts about all those stories but was going on the dark side, but we can see clearly what FE always claimed to be not happening...

This videos hurts

Where is your flatness now ? :D
Yes this is an FE video, where the guy confessing in the comments that he stucked with the calculations and the discussion :D LOL

curiousGuy

• What are we doing here? Where do we come from?
Actually the funny thing is a Flat Earther recently debunked FE himself!
His name is Rob Skiba, former FE believer, have a look at 7 min here :)

And have a look at the comments section, it is hilarious ^^

Come on guys, you are all free to believe in Allah or Jesus. Nobody will take it away from you. Respect to all religions. But please stop indoctrinating uneducated and fragile people. You are compromising your place in Heaven by doing so!

Jesus Christ on a bike, that Rob Skiba thinks you get different curvature depending on where you are on the globe.  On a sphere.   How do these people get access to technology?  It's fucking frightening.

Still, at least it's great globe evidence.