Sub-solar point.

• 36 Replies
Re: Sub-solar point.
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2016, 04:16:22 AM »
After reading the last posts I realized that my confusion came from watching the visual aid in FAQ that explains the seasons and thinking that during summer period the sun should be directly above at least some of the southern states.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2016, 02:24:56 PM »
Why would there be more?  ???   Perhaps you're misapplying a visual aid.
If I put some light source directly over flat earth map .. then the Sun is always directly over some spot.
Come up with that all by yourself, did you?
 :-\

Fear not, Orthodoxy.  Your grip over the mindless is complete and unquestioned.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

?

zork

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2016, 03:03:18 PM »
Why would there be more?  ???   Perhaps you're misapplying a visual aid.
If I put some light source directly over flat earth map .. then the Sun is always directly over some spot.
Come up with that all by yourself, did you?
 :-\

Fear not, Orthodoxy.  Your grip over the mindless is complete and unquestioned.
Sure, orthodoxy. But brandy doesn't remove it and lamp still stays directly over some spot. Maybe my 3D imagination is bad but maybe someone can explain what I miss here.
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2016, 05:38:14 PM »

Yes. Yes, it is.

"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2016, 01:14:34 PM »
Maybe my 3D imagination is bad but maybe someone can explain what I miss here.

Perhaps because it makes sense to me, I am unable to figure out what your are missing.  I'll give it a go anyway.

As the sun spirals around above a flat earth, the furthest north it ever gets is the Topic of Cancer, and only at the Summer (northern hemisphere) Solstice.   On that day, the subsolar point traces a circle around the flat earth's disc following the Tropic of Cancer, and after that it traces ever expanding circles on its way to the equator at the fall equnox and eventually the Tropic of Capricorn on the Winter Solstice.  The sub solar point is always at a single spot directly below the sun.  The sun never moves further north than the Tropic of Cancer, and therefor neither does the sub solar point.  Hope that helps?

?

zork

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2016, 01:23:23 PM »
 I didn't post anything because I figured out what I missed. But thanks anyway.
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2016, 02:25:13 PM »
Related topic -- if the Earth is flat then the Topic of Capricorn is almost 50% longer around than the Tropic of Cancer.

So either the Sun needs to be going significantly FASTER around the Tropic of Capricorn to keep 1 Synodic (noon-to-noon) day 24 hours long OR Days should be 35 or so hours long in the Winter.

Neither of these are observed.   Big problem for Flat Earth.