Reality check

• 14 Replies
Reality check
« on: July 01, 2016, 07:40:56 AM »
The whole premise of a FE is that Nasa and every country with a space program is in a conspiracy and lying to the world for 58 years. All of the flights to space are fake. And that most humans are incapable of recognizing we have been fooled. Also that there are no satellites and/or pictures of earth, from orbit.
Does this sound reasonable?
Facts: There are over 90,000 flights per day. Many thousands in jets that can easily fly up to 35,000ft, in 20 minutes and cruise at over 500mph... With this technology am I to believe we have never flown up to 70,000ft and above, and taken a picture?
In the 1930's, several balloon flights have reached 60,000-72,000ft. Over 100,000ft in the 50's. And the famous Baumgartner space jump in 2012 of 127,000ft.
Winged aircraft have flown over 120,000ft since the 50's, Over 340,000ft in the 60's.
Rockets have been launched since the 50's too. In just 2014 there were 90 rockets launched into orbit. 81 in 2013. Many thousands of people witnessed ALL of the Saturn, Apollo and Shuttle launches. There is no doubt that humans have the capability to fly into orbit, manned or unmanned, and take a picture. So that is why there are thousands of pictures of the earth from space. Many had to be "photo shopped" or pieced together, because you can't get the whole earth in 1 normal lens shot until you get thousands of miles away from the earth. This does not make them fake. Many flights have gone over 20,000 miles from earth. Think about it...before you claim shenanigans. Watch a Shuttle rocket launch. See the power of this human invention. See the witnesses. Use logic to admit this beast can get to over 20,000 miles high in less than 2 hours. And probably has no problem traveling at 18,000 miles per hour, for days.
Is there not one FE'er in all of history to send up a balloon, shoot up a rocket, take a picture? How believable is a FE theory, without one valid picture from space.
When there are thousands showing a globe, from a very logical source.
Don't tell me that I have to believe on faith. FE's are a small minority, so to me, faith without logic or proof, is a cult.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 08:16:03 AM by Shell Answer Man »

FLAT_IS_TRUTH

• Creator and proponent of Celestial Ocean Theory.
Re: Reality check
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 09:44:03 AM »
Isn't it strange, then, that space travel has see no little progress? In a hundred years, planes went from being mostly useless to being the pinnacle of travel. And yet, space travel has remained the same. It's gone decades since the Moon Landing, and yet space travel still isn't accessible to the public? Is it not suspicious that it's still so tightly regulated by the government?
Very few people have been into space, and they've all been GOVERNMENT regulated. All the pictures from space have either been severely photoshopped or are composites or use Fish Eye lenses. In fact, I've edited away the Fish Eye effect from the Felix Baumgartner photograph using Lens Correcting software, and you can clearly see a completely a flat horizon:

With Fish Eye

Without Fish Eye

I won't expect you to immediately believe me. Once you're used to living a lie, it's hard to get out of it. But I do expect you to have an open mind - don't believe everything NASA tells you. Don't be a sheep like everyone else.
The Earth is as flat as RE arguments.

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 10:00:45 AM »
Isn't it strange, then, that space travel has see no little progress? In a hundred years, planes went from being mostly useless to being the pinnacle of travel. And yet, space travel has remained the same. It's gone decades since the Moon Landing, and yet space travel still isn't accessible to the public? Is it not suspicious that it's still so tightly regulated by the government?
Very few people have been into space, and they've all been GOVERNMENT regulated. All the pictures from space have either been severely photoshopped or are composites or use Fish Eye lenses. In fact, I've edited away the Fish Eye effect from the Felix Baumgartner photograph using Lens Correcting software, and you can clearly see a completely a flat horizon:

With Fish Eye

Without Fish Eye

I won't expect you to immediately believe me. Once you're used to living a lie, it's hard to get out of it. But I do expect you to have an open mind - don't believe everything NASA tells you. Don't be a sheep like everyone else.

Alright then here is me with an open mind, give me concrete evidence for a flat earth. No pictures or videos, because if that can't support a round earth it can't be used for flat either. I am talking real, empirical evidence from experiments, preferably ones which have been repeated and obtained consistent results.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 10:23:31 AM »

With Fish Eye

Without Fish Eye

First of all, there shouldn't be curvature visible in the Felix pictures anyways. Second, those who find the supposed lack of progress of space travel suspicious have a very poor knowledge and understanding of history. Third, just shut up about the space conspiracy, anyone can see the ISS with a telescope.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

FLAT_IS_TRUTH

• Creator and proponent of Celestial Ocean Theory.
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 12:07:09 PM »

With Fish Eye

Without Fish Eye

Alright then here is me with an open mind, give me concrete evidence for a flat earth. No pictures or videos, because if that can't support a round earth it can't be used for flat either. I am talking real, empirical evidence from experiments, preferably ones which have been repeated and obtained consistent results.

Libyan Desert Glass proves the existence of the Firmament. Serein proves the Celestial Ocean. You can zoom in on objects that have gone over the horizon, and they'll reappear. Architects don't account for curvature when building large structures. There are numerous holes in the theory of gravity. Antarctica is heavily guarded for no reason.
Shall I go on?
The Earth is as flat as RE arguments.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 12:13:24 PM »

With Fish Eye

Without Fish Eye

Libyan Desert Glass proves the existence of the Firmament. Serein proves the Celestial Ocean. You can zoom in on objects that have gone over the horizon, and they'll reappear. Architects don't account for curvature when building large structures. There are numerous holes in the theory of gravity. Antarctica is heavily guarded for no reason.
Shall I go on?

1)Libyan desert glass doesn't prove anything and is explained by various other ways, 2)Wtf is a serein? 3) Not true, there has never been evidence of that, and even if it was true, it doesn't prove anything regarding the flat earth, 4) there is no reason why architects should account for it, unless they built something ridiculously long and tall, or something that HAS to be straight (like some particle accelerators, for which architects HAVE accounted for the curvature), 5) It's very easy to claim there are holes without mentioning any, and 6) Antarctica is NOT heavily guarded and anyone can go there easily.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 12:35:08 PM »

With Fish Eye

Without Fish Eye

Shall I go on?

First off, its support not prove. Never use prove when discussing something in science, it implies complete truth and certainty, as well as an inability to improve on ideas.

Libyan desert glass is not concrete enough, there are other suspected origins such as a meteor impact, and even if it was from a huge dome above us why just that one spot?

Serein is suspected to be due to vertical wind sheer but there is not definite cause yet known. However, that does not mean it can be inserted into a theory someone though up on a forum and it certainly cannot be used as strong evidence for anything.

There are plenty of records of sailors seeing a ship "rise" from out of the ocean as they come over the horizon.

For buildings like skyscrapers larger ones? Skyscrapers its obvious, too small a building to matter. event larger buildings are too small for a curvature to make a difference, considering how gradual it is and how little a difference it makes. 

You have to be more specific about holes in the theory of gravity, that's way to broad to support flat earth or refute a round one.

Guarded by who? The Antarctica treaty bans military activity (weapons testing and similar such reasons) and the only permanent residents are on research stations. Furthermore, it has a reason, establish an area where peaceful scientific research can be conducted.

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 12:52:03 PM »

With Fish Eye

Without Fish Eye

So, by your "logic" since space travel hasn't progressed in a few DECADES (keep in mind it would require an infrastructure like launch pads, fuel, places (hotels) to stay, space suits, return flights, possibly/probably national security issues, etc.), it is therefore garbage, bunk, a conspiracy, not possible, etc.

So, using your "logic", since the FE has been around for THOUSANDS of years and hasn't produced a map (2D FE to a 2D piece of paper), we/you should regard a FE as garbage, bunk, a conspiracy, not possible, etc. Right?
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 04:23:53 PM »
Shall I go on?
  • Who's making assumptions? Just how do you manage to go from "Libyan Desert Glass" to proving "the existence of the Firmament"? I guess once you start believe a lie, you have to bend everything to fit.
  • You claim "Serein proves the Celestial Ocean", but I can see possible simple explanations without even doing research on it! Maybe it's just saturated warm air cool at sunset and maybe an updraft, causing water to condense out. See above "lie statement!
  • Goody, Goody! You claim "You can zoom in on objects that have gone over the horizon, and they'll reappear." I've been looking for some good videos of that. Please post some showing a big ship, or big building, well hidden reappearing! No silly ones showing a tiny boat simply invisible because it is too small!
  • Why would "Architects .....  account for curvature when building large structures"? There is simply not enough curvature over the expanse of any building to matter! The angle change over 1 km is 0.009°,big deal!
  • Please list all these "numerous holes in the theory of gravity"!
  • So many ignorantly claim "Antarctica is heavily guarded for no reason", but numerous people even visit the South Pole itself.

I guess once you start believe a lie, you have to bend everything to fit.

You ask "Shall I go on?", please do! It just give more evidence of your complete brainwashing.

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 01:12:21 PM »
Flat is True response: Isn't it strange, then, that space travel has see no little progress? In a hundred years, planes went from being mostly useless to being the pinnacle of travel. And yet, space travel has remained the same. It's gone decades since the Moon Landing, and yet space travel still isn't accessible to the public?
Did you even read my post or just a few words and then jump to the Government cover up theory?
While space travel(human) has little progress, space travel for other purposes is big business. Even human travel is being planned by private companies. We have gone to the moon a few times, so why keep going at such a cost?
Do you doubt the number of rocket launches? Do you doubt that rockets can go up a few thousand miles up and take a picture?
Are you going to call tens of thousands of people liars and part of a conspiracy? People in private industry from all over the world?
Are you aware that many high altitude flights occurred 20-30 years before NASA? By other countries, like France, UK, in the 30's.
While I was on Holiday, I appreciate rabinoz fielding some questions and answers.
The bottom line is who the F are you to be able to prove your statements? What are your qualifications?
I would guess that 98% of the FE believers, got all their information from Youtube and sites like this. And none of them have hard evidence...

?

Kami

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 03:43:04 PM »
Very few people have been into space, and they've all been GOVERNMENT regulated.
Space travel is expensive. You have to accelerate to roughly 30 times the speed of a plane and the conditions are a bit more difficult (no air, bring your own propellant, etc.)
Nothing is regulated by the government, it is just a matter of fact that few people have the money and technology to go to space.

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2016, 03:53:47 PM »
The CHicago skyline is visible 40-60 miles away but the official story is that its just a mirage

someone recenrly disproved the mirage
Confirmed trolls to ignore:
Mousewalker-Denies fisheye lenses used in videos
Sokarul-tries to equate wide angle lens with a fisheye lens
Definitely not official-tries to equate wide angle lens with a fisheye lens

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2016, 05:07:03 PM »
The CHicago skyline is visible 40-60 miles away but the official story is that its just a mirage

LOL You saw exactly what you would see on a global Earth because that is what you are on, it is your interpretation of what you're seeing, that is in error. You are seeing what you want to see and that is that.
As you got closer to the city you saw more of the buildings top down, no loading cranes no harbor or other boats on the water.

You can't help but have a hot spot On a spherical Earth. It is the nature of light on a sphere take a flashlight and shine it on a ball.
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2016, 06:49:48 PM »

They didn't "disprove the mirage." That mirage is only visible sometimes. Sometimes, you can't see it at all. And sometimes, THE FREAKING CITY APPEARS UPSIDE DOWN! Unless NASA has actually convinced light to join in on the conspiracy, AND convinced the people of Chicago to stay hush-hush about being literally turned upside down every once in a while, there is no story here.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2016, 07:56:43 PM »

I still haven't found where that video disproves the mirage! Would you give the exact place where that is achieved!