Satellites and the space station

• 18 Replies
Satellites and the space station
« on: June 28, 2016, 07:01:48 PM »
Hi everyone,

Just registered and kind of new to flat earth, i have to say i have so many questions but i'll start with this one.
In many videos there is a lot of denial of nasa beeing able to send rocket in outer space and having stationary objects.
I really want to understand why if it was true, that it would make the earth not flat? I mean by the flat earth model the sun and moon are actually floating above us, why can't any object do the same?
Obviously Nasa is lying about stuff and CGI a lot of photos but this doen't necesseraly mean there is no satellites or zero gravity areas.

Re: Satellites and the space station
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 07:32:40 PM »
Orbiting needs a globe and gravity.
I guess what you are saying is possible but unlikely.

NASA launches balloons that can carry 8000lbs - a mid-range satellite. I think these balloons are responsible for GPS, satellite TV is probably just towers transmitting.
Confirmed trolls to ignore:
Mousewalker-Denies fisheye lenses used in videos
Sokarul-tries to equate wide angle lens with a fisheye lens
Definitely not official-tries to equate wide angle lens with a fisheye lens

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 07:52:28 PM »
...I guess...
...I think...
...is probably...

Yes, phrases that instill confidence that one has a solid foundation for their position.

Satellites - just take a long exposure photo of the sky at night and look for the dots among the streaks - those are geostationary satellites, while the stars are moving across the sky.

Satellite TV - it's easy to measure the angle and direction of dishes to see where they converge.

GPS - come on, balloons for GPS? With 3.5 meter accuracy? What about wind moving the balloons all over the place? Or any other effects from variable atmospheric conditions?

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 08:29:33 PM »
Satellites are too small and far away to see without a telescope. (If they exist)

Satellite TV uses the same frequencies and dishes as a ground based broadcasting technique called troposcatter so there is no need for satellites.
Has anyone really done a study to show if dishes are pointing at a common source?
Confirmed trolls to ignore:
Mousewalker-Denies fisheye lenses used in videos
Sokarul-tries to equate wide angle lens with a fisheye lens
Definitely not official-tries to equate wide angle lens with a fisheye lens

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 08:44:57 PM »
So get a telescope. It's not exactly bleeding-edge technology. Are FEers willing to do anything at all to further the cause?

And yes, people have confirmed that satellite dishes are aligned to certain specific points in the sky that correspond with documented geostationary satellite locations. It's not hard to do. You could do it yourself, if you like.

Again, if you were just willing to put in a little effort to defend your position. You won't. And round and round the conversation goes. Like a globe, rotating on its axis. I mean that only as a metaphor, of course ;)

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 11:11:54 PM »
Satellites are too small and far away to see without a telescope. (If they exist)

Satellite TV uses the same frequencies and dishes as a ground based broadcasting technique called troposcatter so there is no need for satellites.
Has anyone really done a study to show if dishes are pointing at a common source?
TV dishes point at satellites over the equator.  Repeating your statement does not make it true.

Troposcatter does not work for the features and functions of broadcast TV, as you have been told before.

?

Kami

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 12:42:00 AM »
www.heavens-above.com
please, before you continue, take a little effort.
- look for a field where it is quite dark at night (not completely necessary, but it will help)
- enter your location on the above website
- click on "iridium flares"
- choose one with a rel. magnitude of -5 to -7
- watch
Then you will see that satellites both exist and can be seen.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 01:15:43 AM »
Orbiting needs a globe and gravity.
I guess what you are saying is possible but unlikely.

NASA launches balloons that can carry 8000lbs - a mid-range satellite. I think these balloons are responsible for GPS, satellite TV is probably just towers transmitting.
You have been given numerous reasons why your explanations are completely wrong. Most of these you don't even bother to refute.

Then you just carry on as if your guesses and hypotheses are fact, still I guess these get you Flat Brownie Points

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 01:31:35 AM »
you can see both satellites AND the ISS with the naked eye at night, the stars that slowly move across the sky are satellites, the slightly larger and really bright one is the ISS

with a telescope or binoculars, you can see them much clearer

the 'they don't exist' argument by flat earthers should simply not be used anymore, I'm not sure why it is

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2016, 02:45:39 AM »
My question was actually how does the sun and moon floats?
If nothing else can

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2016, 02:51:14 AM »
If nothing else can
Because the sun and the moon are reflections from what creates them, which is from the centre of the Earth, which is not a globe.
Their images are reflected back to us.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 03:09:32 AM »
If nothing else can
Because the sun and the moon are reflections from what creates them, which is from the centre of the Earth, which is not a globe.
What about some evidence or is the mere fact that sceptimatic hath spoken supposed to satisfy everyone!
How come Globe supporters are expected to show evidence, but sceptimatic's word is supposed to suffice!

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 03:15:45 AM »
If nothing else can

did I misread that or are you claiming that the sun and moon are not even actually there as physical celestial bodies? (if I misread it, I apologise)

we can zoom in and look at artifacts that we put on the moon, footprints, the lander etc
you can do the laser test and bounce a laser off the reflectors we left there (in other positions, the reflector test doesn't work)

that doesn't necessarily mean man has been, but it definitely proves that we've sent SOMETHING there, they definitely exist

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 03:17:37 AM »
If nothing else can

Please no Trolls

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2016, 03:20:41 AM »
If nothing else can
And that's why everyone has 24 hours of sunlight!  Oh, wait.....

You never did explain how your perfectly reflective, invisible ice dome thing actually works.  How about you take us through some basics: how do sunsets occur and then seasons.

You were building a scale model of this bullshit weren't you?  How's that coming along?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

Jadyyn

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 07:11:29 AM »
If nothing else can
Where is the center of the Earth?

The only thing FEers know is that the N.Pole should be in the center (assuming conspiracies... http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=65369.0). They don't even know where the equator is (half way to the "edge"?)... nor if the "edge" exists and where it is. Since there is no actual map, FEers don't even know where THEY are on Earth. Since they don't know where anything is on Earth, they don't know distances between places (e.g. between say London and Sydney).

So, where is this supposed center of the Earth? What is there that is being reflected? How?
“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.” W.C. Fields.
"The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."
"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

?

Kami

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2016, 07:24:53 AM »
In addition to that: For the sun to be a reflection, someone would have to beam an enormous amount of energy upwards. I can do some calculations, but I am willing to bet a lot of money on the following scenario:
This bundled ray of energy almost instantly turns the air to plasma, which then scatters this ray, so that a very distorted image of the sun is reflected and we see a huge beam of light rising from the north pole.

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2016, 11:30:15 AM »
I saw a satellite recently. We was at a hotel for my brother's graduation and I saw a slow moving light near the moon. It had no beacon nor navigation lights. So it was either a satellite, a UFO, or the moon was over powering the beacon and navigation lights which I doubt.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2016, 11:47:32 AM »
I saw a satellite recently. We was at a hotel for my brother's graduation and I saw a slow moving light near the moon. It had no beacon nor navigation lights. So it was either a satellite, a UFO, or the moon was over powering the beacon and navigation lights which I doubt.

look up at night for 10mins.. you'll see a few, me and my daughter watch them all the time, sometimes they disappear as they rotate, we can only see the reflection off where the sun hits it