I would like to know if FE believers believe that the moon makes its own light

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
Re: Moonlight
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 10:03:18 AM »
I would like to know if FE believers believe that the moon makes its own light

Yes, a lot of them do.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 10:05:40 AM »
Nothing makes its own light. Light is something that can only be imbued by interaction with the caloric field.
Statement of Belief:
I believe the Earth is flat. I believe we are being lied to. I believe the science we are told concerning light is false. I believe light and heat only exist with the caloric field. I believe there is more to the Earth than we are told.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 10:10:09 AM »
Nothing makes its own light. Light is something that can only be imbued by interaction with the caloric field.

Bioluminescent life forms are creating the light.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 10:17:41 AM »

Nothing can create light. There is no explanation for how matter (particles) produces light (waves), or any form of external energy such as heat.
Statement of Belief:
I believe the Earth is flat. I believe we are being lied to. I believe the science we are told concerning light is false. I believe light and heat only exist with the caloric field. I believe there is more to the Earth than we are told.

?

Kami

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 10:28:28 AM »
Nothing can create light.
You might want to rethink your position. I see many things producing light. A nice summary:
https://emmybella.wordpress.com/production-of-light/

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 10:30:10 AM »
You might want to rethink your position. I see many things producing light. A nice summary:

That does not answer the question. How would they produce light without the caloric field?
Statement of Belief:

?

Kami

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 10:35:03 AM »

That does not answer the question. How would they produce light without the caloric field?
Tbh I do not know what you mean by caloric field.
As for the light production:
I am no expert on this but one method:
The electrons in the atoms are put in an excited state by the supply of energy.
Then they bump back into their standard position, emitting a photon.

As for your "how can matter produce a wave?": Keep in mind that on nuclear scale matter behaves like a wave and theother way around, there is no fundamental difference in the behavior of photons and electrons. Except electrons (or rather atoms) can form bonds, forming larger particles which eliminate statistical uncertainties of the single particles by the law of large numbers.

Edit: I sound like a jerk in this response. Sorry, I mean no offense.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 10:37:48 AM by Kami »

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 10:37:44 AM »

Tbh I do not know what you mean by caloric field.
As for the light production:
I am no expert on this but one method:
The electrons in the atoms are put in an excited state by the supply of energy.
Then they bump back into their standard position, emitting a photon.

As for your "how can matter produce a wave?": Keep in mind that on nuclear scale matter behaves like a wave and theother way around, there is no fundamental difference in the behavior of photons and electrons. Except electrons (or rather atoms) can form bonds, forming larger particles which eliminate statistical uncertainties of the single particles by the law of large numbers.
Think of the caloric field as the Higgs field in reference to light and heat.
Where does this photon come from? Particles produced constantly from nothing? Energy transformed into matter by virtue of, what, passing through a strip of metal?
Statement of Belief:

?

Kami

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2016, 10:43:00 AM »
phew, those are quite hard questions.

The photon comes out of nowhere, since it is massless, no matter is created.
But in fact, sometimes even matter comes out of nowhere (called Energy-Time uncertainty I think), that is quite an interesting topic. But nevermind.

I do not feel like I can appropriately explain the process of creating a photon with energy, to be honest. If noone else can, I might do some research, this sounds interesting.

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2016, 10:55:49 AM »
phew, those are quite hard questions.

The photon comes out of nowhere, since it is massless, no matter is created.
But in fact, sometimes even matter comes out of nowhere (called Energy-Time uncertainty I think), that is quite an interesting topic. But nevermind.

I do not feel like I can appropriately explain the process of creating a photon with energy, to be honest. If noone else can, I might do some research, this sounds interesting.
Even if no mass is created, a photon causes an interaction. If it is a massless particle, you still have a brand new entity formed from nothing, with no actual cause.
If your physics claim matter sprouts from nothing, consider that there is a fundamental flaw with it.

This is much like the question of where mass comes from. We require a field.
Statement of Belief:

?

Kami

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 12:13:47 PM »
Interesting read: http://ocw.usu.edu/physics/classical-mechanics/pdf_lectures/14.pdf
For a short time, mass can be created and annihilated. Quantum theory is weird.

For the other aspect: As I said, I am not qualified enough to discuss this right now.

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 12:27:27 PM »
Interesting read: http://ocw.usu.edu/physics/classical-mechanics/pdf_lectures/14.pdf

For the other aspect: As I said, I am not qualified enough to discuss this right now.
It's not weird, it's impossible. It relies on the background assumptions being true, but if that is a natural consequence they cannot be.
Statement of Belief:

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 02:23:41 PM »

It's not weird, it's impossible. It relies on the background assumptions being true, but if that is a natural consequence they cannot be.

Your "caloric" field is impossible.  Photons are emitted when electrons return to a relaxed state, and the emission spectrum is unique to that element.  Caloric creates countless problems, and solves absolutely nothing but your desire for attention.   
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2016, 02:52:25 PM »

Your "caloric" field is impossible.  Photons are emitted when electrons return to a relaxed state, and the emission spectrum is unique to that element.  Caloric creates countless problems, and solves absolutely nothing but your desire for attention.

The emission spectrum is unique to the element because each element is unique, and so interacts differently with the caloric field. Energy interacts better with the field, so an increase in energy will increase the light emitted.
Photons are emitted from what? From where? What creates a particle with no cause?
And what problems are caused by the caloric field?
Statement of Belief:

?

Kami

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 03:02:05 PM »

I think you meant to say "I can not believe that this is possible". Otherwise you need to provide evidence.

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2016, 03:27:11 PM »

I think you meant to say "I can not believe that this is possible". Otherwise you need to provide evidence.

I need to provide evidence something cannot come from nothing?
Statement of Belief:

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2016, 03:41:37 PM »

You need to provide evidence that "coming from nothing" is indeed the mechanism at play here according to mainstream scientific theory, and that your "theory" is more coherent. 
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2016, 03:48:51 PM »

You need to provide evidence that "coming from nothing" is indeed the mechanism at play here according to mainstream scientific theory, and that your "theory" is more coherent.

If it is not coming from nothing, then what matter or energy becomes it?
Something coming from nothing is itself incoherent. I don't need to propose a counter-theory to something so absurd.
Statement of Belief:

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2016, 04:24:42 PM »

Nothing can create light. There is no explanation for how matter (particles) produces light (waves), or any form of external energy such as heat.

Bioluminescence does not create heat. It is caused by a chemical reaction in the little moon critter's body.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2016, 04:28:41 PM »

Bioluminescence does not create heat. It is caused by a chemical reaction in the little moon critter's body.
Nothing can create light. That is still the case.
Statement of Belief:

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2016, 04:45:36 PM »

Nothing can create light. That is still the case.

Lunas make light with their bums, imo.

?

Kami

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2016, 05:01:48 PM »
I suppose you have a read.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_fluctuation
It is indeed possible for something to originate from nothing, although mostly not for very long.

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2016, 06:03:27 PM »

Humans have been on the moon and have seen that is not true

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2016, 07:30:12 PM »
Humans have been on the moon and have seen that is not true

Somehow I don't think that Space Cowgirl really believes half what she writes!
At least I hope not!

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2016, 06:40:06 AM »
I suppose you have a read.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_fluctuation
It is indeed possible for something to originate from nothing, although mostly not for very long.

That isn't evidence. In any other situation that would be a refutation of the underlying principles.
Statement of Belief:

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2016, 05:58:22 PM »
It would seem to me that IF the moon makes its own light, then lunar eclipses would not happen.

And, IF the Bible is to be taken literally, then the moon makes (or has) its own light, rather than reflects the sun's light, so that, if the Bible is literally true, lunar eclipses should not happen, especially not by calculations that presuppose the moon reflects the sun's light.

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2016, 09:57:23 AM »
It would seem to me that IF the moon makes its own light, then lunar eclipses would not happen.

And, IF the Bible is to be taken literally, then the moon makes (or has) its own light, rather than reflects the sun's light, so that, if the Bible is literally true, lunar eclipses should not happen, especially not by calculations that presuppose the moon reflects the sun's light.

Lunar eclipses are caused when the moon passes through a more diffuse part of the caloric field (formed by the rotation of the Sun and Earth). The effect is external to the moon.
Statement of Belief:

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2016, 05:26:14 PM »

Lunar eclipses are caused when the moon passes through a more diffuse part of the caloric field (formed by the rotation of the Sun and Earth). The effect is external to the moon.

Then how are we able to predict lunar eclipses years in advance, and why do they only occur during full moons?  Like it or not, every aspect of eclipses can be explained self-consistently with the round-earth model. 
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2016, 08:38:30 AM »

Then how are we able to predict lunar eclipses years in advance, and why do they only occur during full moons?  Like it or not, every aspect of eclipses can be explained self-consistently with the round-earth model.

They can also with the caloric field model. The diffuse part is caused by the Sun and Earth's rotation, in much the same way as the parts of the round earth model used to predict lunar eclipses are.
Statement of Belief: