I do not trust ANYONE on this forum.

• 44 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
I do not trust ANYONE on this forum.
« on: June 28, 2016, 03:41:31 AM »
There's that much game playing going on with all kinds of names cropping up  and many of the names mimicking the regular names, it just sets off my alarm bells.

I honestly cannot trust anyone and it's starting to piss me off to be honest.
This isn't about paranoia, it's about observation.

The admin know that I use only one name on here. Most probably the global moderators will also know.
The thing is - and I'm honestly serious about this. I am losing all my trust in all of the forum officials, because I'm seeing far too much stuff that stinks of multi's on a massive scale.

Now if I'm told that I'm paranoid and this isn't the case, then allow me the moderator status to allow me to verify who's playing the games.
If this is granted then it would give me the opportunity to see who's playing all the games. If not, then I'll take that as this entire forum is not what I thought it was.

It's pretty simple. I just want the mod powers to verify who's playing who for 2 weeks and then take it off me. I won't use those powers to dictate to anyone in the forums or use it against them. I just want to know what the hell is going on, because this is getting mentally out of hand.

Would I be able to get an answer on this, either directly on this topic or in pm?

Re: I do not trust ANYONE on this forum.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 05:29:45 AM »
For my part, I do not agree with your request.
On the registration agreement, you'll find this rule:
Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement or the Forum Rules.
It cleary states the purpose of IP recording, and your request is obviously out of it . I barely see why you should have unrestricted access to this private database for whatever reason. Meanwhile, if this access is granted to you, I ask for it too.
I respectfully ask moderators to give their answer here and not by PM.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 05:34:57 AM »
Sorry Scepti, it's a complicated world and as an adult you don't get the assurances you crave as a child. You should probably buck up and carry on. I know, I know, growing up is hard to do.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 06:15:55 AM »
Thanks for the replies but you two are not the people I'm looking to speak to.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 08:32:03 AM »
scepti, I don't think you are being paranoid. There are obviously people here using alts. Having access to IP addresses and the emails used for registration won't tell you anything, tho. You can hide your IP behind a proxy, and can make thousands of free email accts.

The best way to figure out who is playing the game, is look for the signs. The most you can do is ignore the alts and not let them ruin your time on the forum. Some of them are entertaining!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 09:08:37 AM »
scepti, I don't think you are being paranoid. There are obviously people here using alts. Having access to IP addresses and the emails used for registration won't tell you anything, tho. You can hide your IP behind a proxy, and can make thousands of free email accts.

The best way to figure out who is playing the game, is look for the signs. The most you can do is ignore the alts and not let them ruin your time on the forum. Some of them are entertaining!
Having access would tell me everything I need to know. I'd suss the majority out within a week and be able to place them into their respective groups for alts.
Some may be vague and escape initially but most won't.

Oh and yeah, some are entertaining, which I don't  mind. The one's I do mind are those that are here to specifically bully potential flat Earth/alternate Earth thinkers.

If nobody allows me to do anything then fair enough but something needs doing if this site is serious about the reasons it's up for. If not then I accept it and will just go along with whatever the flow is, as and when.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 09:24:10 AM »
The most you can do is ignore the alts and not let them ruin your time on the forum.

^Typical garbage reply from typical sock-puppet clown.

Because the whole point of all the sock-puppets is to ruin people's time on the forum.

And you know it.

At one point, before I made you up your game, I was 'debating' with 5 lying disinfo-clowns at once, all of whose names began with 'M' & all of whom were obviously markjo.

I have also blatantly caught markjo sock-puppeting mikeman's account, yet no punishment has ever been handed out to him.

Fact is, markjo is clearly John Davis & has full control over all the forum functions; anyone who claims otherwise is either retarded or in on the scam.

This is not debatable.

Your Voodoo is piss-poor & Legba sees all of it.
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 10:14:01 AM »
As a former mod, I can tell you the exact problem you'll run into. I never saw any way to gauge the prevalence of one IP address: the only way to compare notes that way was to go to two specific users, look at all the various IPs they've used to access the site (often a lot) and see if any were common to one another, and then find out the source of said IP address because if it was a proxy or internet cafe etc, it doesn't mean much.

There might be an easier way, but I didn't see one, so while you might have a good idea in theory, it's far from feasible.

Are there any mods or admins you trust?
Make a list of users who you suspect are alts of one another, and post them: let those specific users be compared. That's all that can really be done.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Username

• President Of The Flat Earth Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 11:20:32 AM »
We've given people moderator status before and have had it cause issues, and I've had 4 (!) requests from different users this week for moderator status. This is not counting Papa Legbas constant demands to run the forum. As such, this seems like a wildly bad idea - especially considering the previous reasons mentioned for why its hard to gauge who is an alt. We are a target for attacks, and that sorta thing throws all sorts of red flags. In general, I tend not to give power to anybody who wants it. It should be a responsibility and a duty. There have been exceptions though.

I've fought against what you talk about in the past during the "John is Drunk With Power" reign where I also tried to get rid of all the trolls. As you can tell by the name, it did not go well. On the other hand, many of whom I complained about have since left, so maybe it worked better than I thought at the time.

Among other things, I now realize a bit of humor mixed into things isn't really hurting anyone, and at times it helps break the tension caused by heated debate.

To the point, here's what I found back then. Those using alts have been here a long time and know what they are doing now. They use Tor and proxies to ensure new ips, or only post from one account on their phone and one from work etc. This also helps stop detection through user statistics (when they post etc.)

You can always pull a Papa Legba and say anybody that is posting  ::) has to be markjo, or anybody that disagrees with him and has a name starting in 'm' is also markjo, and I'm afraid that further insight into user ips and private information etc will just degrade into this kind of silly witch hunt like this nonsense:
Fact is, markjo is clearly John Davis & has full control over all the forum functions; anyone who claims otherwise is either retarded or in on the scam.

This is not debatable.

Obviously I have full control over the forum. That's part of my duties here. Markjo clearly does not. These delusions are clearly paranoia. I'm afraid that as far from Papa as you are, what you are suggesting is essentially a witch hunt that will kill the site altogether.

In short, I think spacecowgirl is right on this:

However, I'm more than happy to help address the problem through other avenues. To that end, I'm willing to provide evidence that my name is who I am to you personally. I also can speak for myself and say I have no alts here. What else can I do to help?

Perhaps with some specific instances of this supplied, we can as a group come to a suitable solution.

Having access would tell me everything I need to know. I'd suss the majority out within a week and be able to place them into their respective groups for alts.
Some may be vague and escape initially but most won't.
How would it tell you this? What methods would you use? How do they address the previous mentioned issues? What methods could I program into the forum that might help? These are some initial questions I have.

The one's I do mind are those that are here to specifically bully potential flat Earth/alternate Earth thinkers.
I agree. We do need a solution to the constant 'bullying' that happens here. Perhaps this is the heart of the issue, and alts are but a symptom.

Additionally, Antonio is right. We do need to protect our private user data as best we can.

Looking forward to your thoughts, you clearly care about this forum and its purpose and that's something that I always love to see and aid.
Quantum Ab Hoc

1 + 1 = 2
"The above proposition is occasionally useful." - Bertrand Russell

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 11:56:14 AM »
Ok John and thanks for taking the time to explain it all, as did Jane and SCG, etc. I accept there will always be alts. I also accept that you are who you say you are; not that I require any proof of it - nor do I require any proof of anyone else in real name terms.
I just wanted to make sure that everyone is playing a fair enough game in terms of making sure that the globalists intent on destruction are not allowed to breed too many puppets to make the balance appear too lop sided, if you get my drift.

I'm not really asking for mod status and I'm happy the way things are in that department, in a fashion. I wouldn't mind a little bit more observation from those who count, to at least take a look at - and at least verify some IP addresses, because although people can use internet cafe's and libraries and IP changing of phones on the travel, I don't think too many are doing that in terms of using regular sock puppets.

The mere fact that I don't trust anyone on here stems to myself with others as well. I don't expect anyone to trust me. I think it has to be earned and the only way to at least earn a semblance of trust is for alts to be exposed if they are hell bent on putting down the flat Earth theorists and alternate thinkers en masse under many new names that simply appear like seasoned posters.

Anyway I'll just carry on and do my own thing as per normal and I'm happy to debate and argue the toss with the globals and what not but from this point on, I'm going to be watching them all very carefully for who stands out as using many alts, then I'll make a list for everyone to ponder over.

The EJ's of the crew are fine because it adds character and also it's a good alt and funny at times.
I'm only interested in the globalists. The one's that have a serious goal in trying to ridicule flat Earth/alternate thinkers.

I'd like to see behind the scenes on this forum, one day just to see who's names were set out for torture on here. I was ripe for it when I first joined here and I know Jroa had me down as seeing how far he could play with me before I imploded, kind of thing.

Yeah, it would be amusing to see that part of the forum but also it would give me an insight into how true a forum this is in terms of genuine thoughts by ALL who are part of the set up.

Anyway I've had my little musing/half rant kind of thing. I'll go into acceptance mode from this point on, with a small - I say "a small" raised brow.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 12:10:05 PM »

This is not debatable.

These delusions are clearly paranoia.

Now where have I heard that before, 'John'?

Oh, that's right - from every single sock-puppet shill you allow to infest this place...

Just give it up, markjo; Legba SEES you.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2016, 12:28:24 PM »
HELP!!  THE PARANOIDS ARE OUT TO GET ME!!
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2016, 12:51:36 PM »
And up he pops, desperately shitposting as ever...

No reason for him to even be here...

Even less reason for him not to be banned...

But here he is & here he'll stay.

Because he runs the place.

Not even the slightest doubt about it.

Ever wonder why the search function on this site is so fubar?

Try it, neutrals; it's hopeless!

It's broken on purpose.

To make it harder to match up all the sock-shills saying the same things all the time under different IDs.

This forum is a shithole.

Markjo is 'John Davis'.

No doubt about it.

None.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2016, 07:10:28 PM »
I could do some screen shots of previous posts of mine to show the two IP addresses I use. It is either phone or my shop computer, that is it. Pretty boring
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2016, 08:13:00 PM »
At least the forum has an Ignore feature! 

Anyway I'll just carry on and do my own thing as per normal and I'm happy to debate and argue the toss with the globals and what not but from this point on, I'm going to be watching them all very carefully for who stands out as using many alts, then I'll make a list for everyone to ponder over.
I just add them to my mile-long Ignore list. 
The forum is a easier to read when all of the shills' posts are hidden. 

I commend you for responding to them.  Your contribution to this forum is 2nd to none.  Keep pushing the denpressure on folks.  That made everything click for me. 

You should maintain your scepticism.  This place is clearly a shill factory.  Luckily, there are some true-earthers here who write well. 

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 02:46:27 AM »
I could do some screen shots of previous posts of mine to show the two IP addresses I use. It is either phone or my shop computer, that is it. Pretty boring

I count 62 unique IP addresses that you have recently posted from.  If you want, I can send you screen shots (they don't all fit on one page.)

Username

• President Of The Flat Earth Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2016, 11:23:43 AM »
Ok John and thanks for taking the time to explain it all, as did Jane and SCG, etc. I accept there will always be alts. I also accept that you are who you say you are; not that I require any proof of it - nor do I require any proof of anyone else in real name terms.
I just wanted to make sure that everyone is playing a fair enough game in terms of making sure that the globalists intent on destruction are not allowed to breed too many puppets to make the balance appear too lop sided, if you get my drift.

I'm not really asking for mod status and I'm happy the way things are in that department, in a fashion. I wouldn't mind a little bit more observation from those who count, to at least take a look at - and at least verify some IP addresses, because although people can use internet cafe's and libraries and IP changing of phones on the travel, I don't think too many are doing that in terms of using regular sock puppets.

The mere fact that I don't trust anyone on here stems to myself with others as well. I don't expect anyone to trust me. I think it has to be earned and the only way to at least earn a semblance of trust is for alts to be exposed if they are hell bent on putting down the flat Earth theorists and alternate thinkers en masse under many new names that simply appear like seasoned posters.

The EJ's of the crew are fine because it adds character and also it's a good alt and funny at times.
I'm only interested in the globalists. The one's that have a serious goal in trying to ridicule flat Earth/alternate thinkers.

I'd like to see behind the scenes on this forum, one day just to see who's names were set out for torture on here. I was ripe for it when I first joined here and I know Jroa had me down as seeing how far he could play with me before I imploded, kind of thing.

Yeah, it would be amusing to see that part of the forum but also it would give me an insight into how true a forum this is in terms of genuine thoughts by ALL who are part of the set up.

Anyway I've had my little musing/half rant kind of thing. I'll go into acceptance mode from this point on, with a small - I say "a small" raised brow.
No problem.

Throw me some you are curious about and I'll check into them. Again, won't do much good though. If I ban them they'll just make another account.

As far as seeing a glimpse of whats going on in the moderator forums, most of the moderators keep fairly quiet. The last month or so, its been 95% me talking about our upcoming and past plans and getting feedback about them. Even then, I don't really mention most the stuff in the works.

I agree about the free-thinker bullying; I just don't have a great solution for it. Looking forward to your list though.
Quantum Ab Hoc

1 + 1 = 2
"The above proposition is occasionally useful." - Bertrand Russell

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2016, 11:49:38 AM »
I agree about the free-thinker bullying

We know that...

In fact we know you fucking love it, psycho.

I just don't have a great solution for it.

We know that too.

You don't have much of anything, do you, collabo?

Except for 39,000 sock-puppets running 'your' forum & rubbing it in our fucking faces day after fucking day.

Just STFU & GTFO, markjo.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2016, 12:33:36 PM »
Papa Legba, why are you even here?

You aren't a flat earther, so what do you hope to get out of hanging around a site that you so obviously despise?

Are you one of those people who isn't happy unless you have something to be miserable about?

Or do you just like to go around shitting on everyone else's fun?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2016, 12:51:43 PM »
Papa Legba, why are you even here?

I just said that to you, 'John'...

Now you are regurgitating it like the mad disinfo-parrot you are.

Yeah, just a gaslighting, psychopathic mirroring, shitposting, 39,000 posts of fuck-all un-bannable dickhead, wasting people's time on the time-wasting forum he's run right from the fucking get-go...

*Yawn!*

Fucking Loser.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2016, 12:54:42 PM »
So you just like shitting on everyone else's fun,

Good to know.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2016, 01:00:27 PM »
Not what I said, psycho...

But what is 'fun' is watching you & 'John Davis' double-teaming me, even though you're supposedly polar opposites...

Dumb old prick, wanna make it any more fucking obvious?

Or are you just beyond fucking caring now, you massive fucking Loser on your massive fucking Loser-forum?

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2016, 01:30:40 PM »
Meh, there's easier and better ways to harvest IP addresses and match them to users.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2016, 02:37:25 PM »

I count 62 unique IP addresses that you have recently posted from.  If you want, I can send you screen shots (they don't all fit on one page.)

If he has a dynamic isp this would not be surprising though, would it?
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2016, 02:42:38 PM »
You're also a general-purpose sock-puppet 'Rama Set'...

I've caught markjo, Rayzor & mikeman all using your ID.

Not that it matters; you're safe to do wtf you like, seeing as how markjo is 'John Davis'...

Shills talking to shills about shill-shit that nobody cares about on shill-run forums...

Welcome to your internet future!

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2016, 08:30:12 PM »

Wow.... did not expect that unless it's from my phone. I would think I would have a static IP at the shop since it's cable.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2016, 06:36:27 AM »

Apparently, it is surprising to someone who believes they have a static IP address.

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2016, 08:39:32 AM »
Message to honest, sane, intelligent and curious true-earthers:  Try to connect the dots. 
You know you are right.  You know the true form of the earth.  You know who is lying. 

Why, oh why? would a "globalist" spend 1 moment of time on this forum????????    Try to answer that question. 
What would it take for you to spend 1 moment of time on a forum that you believe is bunk??  How much time to you spend on forums that you believe discuss falsehoods??   

No sane/honest person spends time on The Under-Water BasketWeaving Forum telling under-water basket-weavers they are doing it all wrong, right???   

Use your eyes:  you see 9-false-earthers for 1 true-earther on this forum.  How is that sane? 
You are observing insanity and a vicious agenda of disinformation trolls.  Keep your eyes open for that same insane pattern elsewhere on the interweb. 

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2016, 03:29:49 PM »
Just before the Iraq war there was always an asshole on every forum vehemently arguing in favor of it, on the smaller forums there were only people against the war cos the shills didn't think those forums worth bothering with.
Confirmed trolls to ignore:
Mousewalker-Denies fisheye lenses used in videos
Sokarul-tries to equate wide angle lens with a fisheye lens
Definitely not official-tries to equate wide angle lens with a fisheye lens

?

Woody

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2016, 09:07:25 AM »
Message to honest, sane, intelligent and curious true-earthers:  Try to connect the dots. 
You know you are right.  You know the true form of the earth.  You know who is lying. 

Why, oh why? would a "globalist" spend 1 moment of time on this forum????????    Try to answer that question. 
What would it take for you to spend 1 moment of time on a forum that you believe is bunk??  How much time to you spend on forums that you believe discuss falsehoods??   

No sane/honest person spends time on The Under-Water BasketWeaving Forum telling under-water basket-weavers they are doing it all wrong, right???   

Use your eyes:  you see 9-false-earthers for 1 true-earther on this forum.  How is that sane? 
You are observing insanity and a vicious agenda of disinformation trolls.  Keep your eyes open for that same insane pattern elsewhere on the interweb.

Simple:

More people arguing on the side of RE because there are vastly more people who believe the Earth is round.

Out of curiosity someone believing the Earth is round comes to the forums to see the evidence is not and why people think it is flat.

They see something glaring false stated and make an account to offer an explanation why the statement is wrong or they make account because they want to ask some questions.

The reason they stay are probably various.

For me I have learned somethings about subjects I had little understanding of.  I have researched things I would likely not have if I did not read something on this forum.  Plus I do enjoy debating and challenging my beliefs and understanding of the world.