questions need answering

• 84 Replies
Re: questions need answering
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2016, 04:42:05 AM »
2. angular sun rays you can disprove yourself, go to a beach, see the sun shining on the sea, get on a boat, try to reach the shine
OR
get a friend on a boat, you stay on the beach, you watch him sail past the shine YOU see, then ask him to point a camera towards shore and take a picture, the shine YOU see BETWEEN you and him will NOT be visible on the photo, this is simply because from HIS perspective, it will be behind him
OR
at the beach, travel 10mins up the coast, the sun will seem to follow you, travel back the other way, it will still follow you, it's not localised, the above methods ALL prove it without question

3. the shadow object would without question dim the lights of other stars, but it doesn't, so the dark object theory simply doesn't work, again, it's also not part of the flat earth model

4. they exist, you can see them with your own eyes, if it was part of a GLASS dome, they wouldn't land as rock.. meteors disprove the dome

does anyone disagree with any of this? if so, please explain your views
..or are we all in agreement about these 3 points?

You don't need nasa, you don't need videos or photos, you can see for yourself by watching a lunar eclipse, that's OUR shadow, the fact we can predict them happening is the nail in the coffin.. or by the constellation positions above the horizon in different hemispheres, and the fact you can't see the north star from deep in the southern hemisphere

if that's not enough, almost every flat earth 'proof' fails at testing too

this isn't opinion, it's testable, visual, irrefutable evidence

and it was after this post of mine that the thread was derailed, is anyone even going to bother attempting to justify THEIR claims?

I've given absolute evidence, testable, visual, irrefutable evidence

You have posted vague, ambiguous, rambling thoughts and ideas
poorly scripted and ending with a question mark.

Narrow it down to one question and leave out the condescension.

as you can see you're wrong, what i've said isn't vague, its clear and concise
you asked me to ask only one question so I did.. still waiting for your reply

in fact I'm replying to everyone who's saying 'you've got no evidence', as i DO have evidence and I'm blatantly presenting it here, once again I've been greeted with more conflicting responses, some saying that some FE's dont believe in the UA part of the model, some don't agree with the angular sun rays proving anything, some don't agree on the lunar eclipse model etc etc

how can you not all follow the same model?

there's pretty much only 1 globe model, we're a ball, in space, with life growing all over it, a moon orbiting us, us orbiting the sun, the sun orbiting the galactic centre, the whole package travelling through space.. this was 'scientifically' confirmed (I'm not using any of this as evidence, just making a point) by looking at the stars and conducting tests until the testing made the scientific community agree that the theories must be correct as they WORKED UNDER TESTING

i'm not a scientist, i don't claim to be able to do any of the calculations, but I can see with my eyes and that's enough to prove certain things and disprove others

this is why i'm here, because the evidence IS there, yes the FE model has answers to a lot of things that disprove the theory, but most of the FE 'proofs' FAIL UNDER TESTING, this is why they simply should not still be accepted
- landmarks from too far away - when camera is put on ground level, landmarks no longer visible - failed under testing
- localised sun - proven to be perspective - failed under testing
- no satellites / no ISS - viewable through a telescope / binoculars - failed under testing
- flat earth map - distance vs time - failed under testing

again, this is what happens when you do research and experiments, you get answers

thanks

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2016, 06:12:54 AM »
Hitler already? Why?

Hitler was a round earther.  :P

So? Are you becoming jroa?
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2016, 10:49:58 AM »
Your questions have baffled many FEers, but not me. For a very long time, it has been impossible for FEers to answer these questions, due to flaws in the standard FE model. Luckily, I have created a model which I call the Celestial Ocean Theory, which perfectly explains these anomalies in a Flat Earth universe.

1. Smoke does not travel downwards on the Flat Earth because the atmosphere is also accelerating with the smoke.
If you place a candle on a rocket moving upwards, the smoke will go downwards due to air resistance - however, when the candle is still, it is accelerating at the exact same speed as the atmosphere around it.

2. Crepuscular rays are evidence that the Earth is indeed flat. As of yet, the Round Earthers have no explanation for how crepuscular rays work - I do. Crepuscular rays exist because the Sun is only a few thousand miles above the Earth, which causes a visible differences in the angle of sunlight.

3. The Shadow Object causes both Lunar and Solar eclipses. This Shadow object is translucent, but its particles are arranged in oscillate in a way which does allow light of a particular oscillation (i.e Sunlight and Moonlight) to penetrate it. The existence of this object can be proven by looking at declassified and leaked NASA documents, as the government has for a very long time attempted to hide the object's existence.

4. Meteors are simply clouds of space debris that are kept in orbit by aether currents, in oscillating orbits. The oscillation of the orbits of these meteors sometime cause them to draw nearer the Sun, and the heat from the Sun disturbs the aether currents (Heated air rises faster than cold air - the same principles apply to aether.) As a result, the meteors are flung off course. Sometimes, they are flung towards the plane of the Earth, and when the enter the atmoplane they burn up due to friction.
Actually crepuscular rays are easily explained.  And in fact are more proof of a global earth.
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2011/11/02/crepuscular-rays-are-parallel/#.V3FlNJBOKrU

Why doesn't this shadow object block stars?  Why have millions of star gazers over thousands of years failed to see it?

So meteors get too close to the sun?  Are they normally moving behind the sun?  Is the sun putting out heat on all sides?  Is it then a sphere?

And speaking of the sun, why does it drop below the horizon and become invisible?  Shouldn't something that big and that high be see able by everyone at all times, if the earth was flat?

FLAT_IS_TRUTH

• Creator and proponent of Celestial Ocean Theory.
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2016, 01:21:03 PM »
Your questions have baffled many FEers, but not me. For a very long time, it has been impossible for FEers to answer these questions, due to flaws in the standard FE model. Luckily, I have created a model which I call the Celestial Ocean Theory, which perfectly explains these anomalies in a Flat Earth universe.

1. Smoke does not travel downwards on the Flat Earth because the atmosphere is also accelerating with the smoke.
If you place a candle on a rocket moving upwards, the smoke will go downwards due to air resistance - however, when the candle is still, it is accelerating at the exact same speed as the atmosphere around it.

2. Crepuscular rays are evidence that the Earth is indeed flat. As of yet, the Round Earthers have no explanation for how crepuscular rays work - I do. Crepuscular rays exist because the Sun is only a few thousand miles above the Earth, which causes a visible differences in the angle of sunlight.

3. The Shadow Object causes both Lunar and Solar eclipses. This Shadow object is translucent, but its particles are arranged in oscillate in a way which does allow light of a particular oscillation (i.e Sunlight and Moonlight) to penetrate it. The existence of this object can be proven by looking at declassified and leaked NASA documents, as the government has for a very long time attempted to hide the object's existence.

4. Meteors are simply clouds of space debris that are kept in orbit by aether currents, in oscillating orbits. The oscillation of the orbits of these meteors sometime cause them to draw nearer the Sun, and the heat from the Sun disturbs the aether currents (Heated air rises faster than cold air - the same principles apply to aether.) As a result, the meteors are flung off course. Sometimes, they are flung towards the plane of the Earth, and when the enter the atmoplane they burn up due to friction.
Actually crepuscular rays are easily explained.  And in fact are more proof of a global earth.
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2011/11/02/crepuscular-rays-are-parallel/#.V3FlNJBOKrU

Why doesn't this shadow object block stars?  Why have millions of star gazers over thousands of years failed to see it?

So meteors get too close to the sun?  Are they normally moving behind the sun?  Is the sun putting out heat on all sides?  Is it then a sphere?

And speaking of the sun, why does it drop below the horizon and become invisible?  Shouldn't something that big and that high be see able by everyone at all times, if the earth was flat?

1. The shadow object is translucent, and therefore impossible to see using telescopes. However, it blocks a certain type of light - light which oscillates at the same frequency as sunlight and moonlight.

2. Meteors float on the Aether winds below the Sun, which is spherical, but only shines in one direction, like a spotlight. As the meteors approach the Sun, the temperature difference distorts the Aether winds, in the same way that temperature distorts regular wind, and some meteors are flung towards the Earth.

3. Refraction.
The Earth is as flat as RE arguments.

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2016, 01:54:34 PM »
FLAT_IS_TRUTH
its very simple, if something is blocking out light, it would block out light

saying 'it only lets through certain types of light' is a ridiculous attempt of an excuse and sounds like it was made up on the spot, who came up with that idea? you? where's any evidence to back that up? You can't just say it and it be so, that's not how proving things works

we can predict lunar eclipses by looking at the sky, using geometry and algebra

how do you guys explain being able to predict something you can't even see? why is there no mention of it in the flat earth model?

globe evidence - being able to predict them by tracing the sun and moon's positions in the sky, it working out to be when the sun is directly behind us, which as we know, would cause a shadow.. remember, this stands up to testing, time after time after time

..also, why do other flat earthers disagree with your meteors theory?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 01:57:13 PM by johnnyorbital »

« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2016, 10:55:15 PM »

1. The shadow object is translucent, and therefore impossible to see using telescopes. However, it blocks a certain type of light - light which oscillates at the same frequency as sunlight and moonlight.

2. Meteors float on the Aether winds below the Sun, which is spherical, but only shines in one direction, like a spotlight. As the meteors approach the Sun, the temperature difference distorts the Aether winds, in the same way that temperature distorts regular wind, and some meteors are flung towards the Earth.

3. Refraction.
Actually a translucent object would be very easy to see with a telescope, or, if it's as large as the sun (your sun in your theory) with the naked eye even. Since stars, well some of them anyway, give off exactly the same kind of light as the sun (we know this because we have done spectral analysis of stars and the sun) then your shadow object would be seen as blocking out certain stars in the night sky, and basically being a big black circle in the daytime sky.

The sun is spherical but shines like a spot light.  Ok, how does that work?  Spotlights have lenses and mirrors to get that effect, so how is the sun doing it?  What, exactly is its make up, what is its fuel?

Refraction does not even remotely answer the questions asked.  Why doesn't the sun look like an oval and why does it visibly drop below the horizon?

« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2016, 02:34:35 AM »
During this process of elimination of the flat earth 'proofs', I'm wondering how many actual 'proofs' you have left now.

localised sun - I've proved that the sun is nowhere near as close as the model states
shadow moon - I've explained how that is an impossibility
dome - meteors shouldn't exist but they do - even flat earthers disagree with each other
landmarks from too far away - I've explained the major flaw in the testing and how under correct testing it fails

where has everyone gone?

FLAT_IS_TRUTH - I answered your points, you gave up way to easily, you didn't even come back with any type of debate or evidence

Space Cowgirl -
You haven't posted any evidence..
..also, I've given absolute evidence, testable, visual, irrefutable evidence..
still waiting for your reply

boydster -
is this what happens when someone comes in with more than 'I've seen the curve' or 'there's photos of earth'? you try to drown the 'evidence' in a sea of comments? ..
I'm totally looking forward to the evidence you have to offer. I've seen allusions to things that might be evidence, but nothing really explicit. I'll get right out of your way.  :-X
again, I'm awaiting responses to all the evidence I've provided, I have replied to you previously, you ignored me

Bullwinkle -
I've given absolute evidence, testable, visual, irrefutable evidence
You have posted vague, ambiguous, rambling thoughts and ideas
poorly scripted and ending with a question mark.
Narrow it down to one question and leave out the condescension.
I did, again, I got no reply, I even narrowed it down to one question, you repeated my question (even though you changed it slightly so that it no longer made sense) but you did not reply

sceptimatic -
I'm sick of getting conflicting information from places like Facebook and YouTube

How did they respond to your complaints?

who? the flat earthers? the same as always.. with cognitive dissonance

I had one guy on Facebook say that a photo of the ISS passing in front of the moon was fake, so I gave him a challenge; I gave him a photo that I took, and asked him to spot what was fake on it.. he chose some elastic bands on the photo.. I told him the photo was unedited, he said he KNEW it was fake.. It was a photo from my camera roll, I even screenshotted it IN my camera roll as proof

I told him he blatantly didn't have the skills to claim photos are fake, he said 'do the math' then blocked me

flat earthers have lost all ability to admit they've worked ANYTHING out wrong, even when the evidence is staring them in the face
No evidence is staring anyone in the face. The only evidence that is put forward is the supposed evidence that people like you seem to think is evidence and expect free thinkers to simply accept it, sim ply because you come here with a full on indoctrinated mind, yet pretend you do not.
10 a penny..

so talk to me, discuss my points with me, tell me which ones you think I'm wrong about

that's why I'm here
again, no reply, i'm still waiting

so where have all the people gone that said I have no evidence?
I've presented my evidence, I'm waiting for an intelligent debate with the people who are here because they have been convinced without doubt that the earth is flat.. as the evidence for a flat earth has so many flaws and as I've now pointed them out, AND given thorough explanations as to why they simply do not stand up to testing, I'd like to hear your thoughts

I'm not belittling anyone, I'm not abusive, I'm not offensive, I admit when I'm wrong (as I did about the smoke), I'm trying to do it point by point so we can clear up any loose ends but again, I'm greeted with a lot of avoidance of direct answers by the flat earth community

can I please get some replies, especially from those who claimed I have no evidence

ps
Refraction does not even remotely answer the questions asked.  Why doesn't the sun look like an oval and why does it visibly drop below the horizon?
in actual fact refraction could be a viable explanation, refraction has been known to cause both the sun and the moon to be visible on opposite horizons during a lunar eclipse, so the refraction explanation can be used for both arguments, the rest you said was pretty much in agreement with what I've covered in this thread :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 02:59:01 AM by johnnyorbital »

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2016, 03:18:09 PM »
where'd everyone go?

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2016, 03:47:54 PM »
Dude. I'm not going to be bossed around into defending flat earth. That's crazy. For more reasons than one. Good luck though.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2016, 04:58:07 PM »
Dude. I'm not going to be bossed around into defending flat earth. That's crazy. For more reasons than one. Good luck though.

Come on, boydster. I know you're flat!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2016, 05:01:34 PM »
Um, my eyes are up here, thank you.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2016, 05:09:23 PM »
Um, my eyes are up here, thank you.

I just figured we could discuss the flatness while we wait for Johnorbital to demand answers again!

He's gonna cry, tho.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2016, 05:19:25 PM »
English is an ever-changing language. I mean, just look at how the word "literally" was recently redefined to include its use for things not meant in the literal sense. In that spirit I offer the following partial list of things that must be considered flat if we are to also consider the Earth flat:
  • playground balls
  • baseballs
  • basketballs
  • bubbles
  • marbles
  • other stuff I may have missed

I also offer the following list of things that should no longer be considered flat, or compared to flat things:
  • pancakes
  • boards
  • paper
  • discs
  • surface of water
  • ...more things...the list is incomplete...

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2016, 05:24:36 PM »
In my research, I have discovered that everything is flat https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcMDMoNu66_1Hwi5-MeiQgw

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2016, 10:19:16 PM »
In my research, I have discovered that everything is flat https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcMDMoNu66_1Hwi5-MeiQgw
Yes that the only you'll get a flat earth! Look ma the earth is flat(enned)!

« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2016, 12:59:35 AM »
demanding answers?

you guys said I had no evidence, I posted my evidence and am simply waiting for answers

that's the whole point of this forum

the forum also claims to 'strictly enforce' the rules, rule number 8 being about derailment, you're an embarrassment to the flat earth society, avoiding answers is not what they stand for

Space Cowgirl - instead of purposely ignoring the clear evidence I have, why not defend your theory?

you BOTH said I've got no evidence, but I've blatantly presented irrefutable evidence

are you even going to TRY to prove me wrong or do you agree with my findings?

If not, why not?

its not a difficult question

« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2016, 01:03:21 AM »
This forum is also subject to the Forum Rules, which are strictly enforced in this board

8. Low-content Posting/Derailment
Do not make spammy, non-contributive or low-quality posts, or derail threads by deliberately dragging discussion away from the original topic.

so don't blame me, blame the rules

« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2016, 03:09:52 AM »
so does anyone with any actual substance to their posts have anything to add? (apologies, you may have to sift through the thread to find related posts)

please don't purposely derail my threads any more

and I'm not 'bossing' or 'demanding' answers either, if you claim I have no evidence, then I present you with evidence, it's RESPECTFUL to respond accordingly

'he's going to cry', you don't need a degree in psychology to see you're trying to antagonise me, you don't need one to work out why either

either back up your comments or please stop wasting mine and everyone else's time with your chit chat, I'm sure there'll be an 'off topic' type section for you somewhere if you want to chit chat

« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2016, 03:19:57 AM »
..Look ma..

Rab.. probably a silly question, but are you from Australia?

« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2016, 03:23:00 AM »

that's the whole point of this forum

Ha, there is your noob mistake.  There is no point to this forum.  Well, maybe a bit of light relief when you're having a coffee perhaps, but I'm not sure that makes a point.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2016, 08:38:15 AM »
what a shocker, this thread being avoided

surely someone has enough about them to actually discuss points?

or am I being too presumptive?

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2016, 11:12:01 AM »
Try to keep it on topic guys.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2016, 04:59:23 AM »
still waiting for anyone to discuss my evidence of a globe earth AND my rebuttal of flat earth evidences

anyone?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2016, 05:22:50 AM »
..Look ma..
Nope, not a silly question. Fair dinkum, how'd ya guess? Not that RABinOZ might not be a slight clue!
Guess you'd have to be a few 'roos short in the top paddock not to pick that up.
 :) Look ma, no hands!  :)
 :( Look ma, no teeth!  :(

« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2016, 05:26:50 AM »
..Look ma..
Nope, not a silly question. Fair dinkum, how'd ya guess? Not that RABinOZ might not be a slight clue!
Guess you'd have to be a few 'roos short in the top paddock not to pick that up.
 :) Look ma, no hands!  :)
 :( Look ma, no teeth!  :(

where abouts in Australia?

can you see the north star from your location? ;)